Via ESPN: Jets add Vet Sack Master, Patriots get older

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Via ESPN: Jets add Vet Sack Master, Patriots get older

When I saw this on SC this morning it burned me up.  How is it that the jets sign a guy that is about 3-4 years older than Holt, but NE got older?  If it was the other way around im sure the headline would have been the same and ESPN would have been raving how Holt is the answers for the character in the locker room and NE is falling apart.

Sorry guys/gals had to vent a little.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Re: Via ESPN: Jets add Vet Sack Master, Patriots get older

Jets get older by signing really old, washed up, DE.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

No worries Patsfaninsatx - it's ok to vent here....most of us do.  Espn has their agenda's down there, so try and take things with a grain of salt when it comes out of Bristol. 
    I think the Holt signing is a good one and will help out our offense.  We still have a HUGE draft ahead of us and lets see how we look after we hopefully NAIL some top notch talent.  We'll see....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Jets get older by signing a "has been" and "big mouthed" running back....LT

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Via ESPN: Jets add Vet Sack Master, Patriots get older:
    When I saw this on SC this morning it burned me up.  How is it that the jets sign a guy that is about 3-4 years older than Holt, but NE got older?  If it was the other way around im sure the headline would have been the same and ESPN would have been raving how Holt is the answers for the character in the locker room and NE is falling apart. Sorry guys/gals had to vent a little.
    Posted by patsfaninsatx

Not to mention that the Pats have 12 draft picks to make the team younger.....

it is funny how some websites clain that they have football analysts when I can do a better job than them.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

I watch ESPN and Sportscenter daily and some stuff is pretty good

BUT....

I have noticed more and more bias's the last few months and its annoying

What really got me was when they showed the highlight of the Celtics/Heat skirmish in game 1 and they never show any of the initial QRich baiting. They show the elbow by KG and thats pretty much it. At least tell the whole story

I didnt see them talk much about Taylor and Holt but I am not surprised they talked down about Holt and talked up Taylor

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

The media is loving the Jets right now....so anything that the Jets do is going to be wonderful and anything the Pats do will be bad......

It is funny how everyone in the nation picks a team to be the Superbowl favorites based off of off-season moves, then that team usually does bad.....

A couple of years ago it was Miami that was going to the SB.....another year it was San Diego, another year it was Washington....Last year it was Atlanta.....this year it is the Jets....see a pattern?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

I have Sirius Sat Radio and they have had a different jet player on every other day. It's just a Jet love fest on NFL net...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TateGroup. Show TateGroup's posts

what receiveing position will he play? #2, or #3?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

its funny...when espn isnt kissing the pat's as.s, then they are slighting them...

people its an organization in CT, meaning that most everything they do, caters to the boston or new york fans, wake up already!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

In Response to Re: Via ESPN: Jets add Vet Sack Master, Patriots get older:
    The media is loving the Jets right now....so anything that the Jets do is going to be wonderful and anything the Pats do will be bad...... It is funny how everyone in the nation picks a team to be the Superbowl favorites based off of off-season moves, then that team usually does bad..... A couple of years ago it was Miami that was going to the SB.....another year it was San Diego, another year it was Washington....Last year it was Atlanta.....this year it is the Jets....see a pattern?
    Posted by m1021us

This was going on a bit on the NFLN the last couple of months, so i was hesitant to watch their schedule release show last night, but I did anyway and they seem to have changed there tune. They don't even think the Jets will make the Playoffs and think NYJ will start 1-3, beating Baltimore @ home and losing to us and Miami.

I don't even know why I bother, it's all BS anyway, we learn that year after year. The season NEVER turns out the way the "experts" or anyone else thinks it will.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

ESPN has always been and always will be NY teams B!t*h.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Jets are the sexy pick this year to go to the Super Bowl. Most of the time those teams end up 8-8 and out of the playoffs.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

The Jets are flavor of the month and I understand the enthusiasm. That said, characterizing the Jets as having made a significant acquisition while spinning the Pats as 'getting older' is pathetic and transparent. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

It was the same thing last year.  The majority of NE's defense was young guys and they kept saying that the Pats are old on the defensive side of the ball.  It's like, do they even do any research before they comment on anything.

On a side note, they have been reporting that McNabb wants T.O to go to washington.  Well reporters keep repeating the same lie.  They say that T.O and Mcnabb rekindled thier friendship on a telivision show Pro's vs Joe's.  Well I heard from TO's mouth this morning on the Stephen A Smith show that they patched things up about a year or two after he left Philly. 

Do these guys just make these things up in the breakroom in Bristol?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

its funny...when espn isnt kissing the pat's as.s, then they are slighting them... people its an organization in CT, meaning that most everything they do, caters to the boston or new york fans, wake up already!
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

Kindly offer a specific example of the last time ESPN kissed the Pats' as.s. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

what receiveing position will he play? #2, or #3?
    Posted by TateGroup

He can play any WR position.....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

ESPN and the New York-centric media also got Namath into the Hall of Fame based on his performance in one game. After SB, Namath was a below average QB and mediocre kisser (just ask Kolber). Sanchise is headed in the same direction. But be honest, there have been games where JT owned the Pats O Line. Hopefully those games are behind us. Naturally the Jets made an expected big splash this off-season, therefore, some chimps in the media will have them as SB favorites. They won't win anything without a huge improvement from Sanchise. I doubt any teams (colts excluded) will lay down for the Jets this year. If the Jets are percieved as legit contenders the opposite will happen and they will get everyone's A game. Something the Pats have been used to for quite some time.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Via ESPN: Jets add Vet Sack Master, Patriots get older : Kindly offer a specific example of the last time ESPN kissed the Pats' as.s. 
    Posted by ATJ

its every time someone opens their mouth on that show not named jay marrioti or any of the other chicago writers they have on there

alot of posters on here think that they have secret board room meetings where they plot the sports media destruction of the pats and nothing could be further from the truth

google "espn kisses new england patriots as.s" and see how many results you come up with? i got 358,000

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Via ESPN: Jets add Vet Sack Master, Patriots get older : its every time someone opens their mouth on that show not named jay marrioti or any of the other chicago writers they have on there alot of posters on here think that they have secret board room meetings where they plot the sports media destruction of the pats and nothing could be further from the truth google "espn kisses new england patriots as.s" and see how many results you come up with? i got 358,000
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

LOL!  That proves nothing.....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Since when is signing a great possession receiver a bad thing? Holt, who played for the run happy Jaguars, had 756 yards. 756 is more than Aiken, Galloway, and Isaiah Stanback put together. 

Great signing by the Pats, they get a WR who has won a ring before, reliable, a member of one of the greatest offenses to ever play the game, like Moss and Welker. 

I expect great things from Torry. I hope this means that Brady will start spreading the ball around. Holt, Moss, Welkerman (Edelman), and by week 7, Welker is a great WR corps.

Now the Pats have to address the Pass-Rush, Osi? Osi and Graham rushing the passer?!! OMG!!! Osi is the same size as Lawrence Taylor, too. Would be fun to see Belichick use him.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Via ESPN: Jets add Vet Sack Master, Patriots get older : LOL!  That proves nothing.....
    Posted by m1021us

gee, sorry that i cant prove it for you

but i stopped watching espn for their hour long sox/pats, yanks/mets love fest, bias reporting it has turned into...if you feel like they tell like it is...be my guest and watch all you want...just dont spout that ESPN hates the pats because nothing could be further than the truth

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Only the top four draft choices, #22 and the three second rounders, will bulk up the Patriots this year.  What really counts is the twelve returning draft choices from last year.  A team like the Jets, which only had three draft choices to begin with, has no idea what 12 second year guys can do.  Nor do they understand how the Patriots can hit on 12 out of 12, bringing the whole lot of them at least as far as the second training camp.  The second year is when guys start to blossom, start to help out the team.  Technically, the twelve rookies all got a year older but I wouldn't call them grampas quite yet.

Whoever put the words "Patriots" and "older" together is really out of it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

I think the Jets got a little bit better with Taylor.  That defense could be pretty good if they're healthy.  Still not sold on some of the other moves on offense.  So I think the Jets could be a decent team this year, but they could be awful if that locker room implodes after star collecting and adding some guys of questionable character.  

As far as what the national pundits say about the Patriots getting worse while the Jets get better -- who cares?  They're playing up a natural NY-Boston rivalry and it's pretty well known that Belichick is not a media darling, so he won't get the benfit of the doubt right now while gregarious Rex Ryan will.    

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

At least Taylor isn't an idiot like their other splash signings Rex made.  There is a reason Miami let him go. He may have something left in the tank, but it's not a lot.

Sections
Shortcuts