Vick Comments on Dog Fighting

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Re: Vick Comments on Dog Fighting

I see Vick's comments as a defense of his actions, which at this point is unacceptable.  He is trying to take the blame off of him, and paint himself as a victim.  Millions of people live in poverty, and don't fight dogs-it is not a valid defense of his actions.  Vick's comments further prove that he is not sorry for his actions, and is just crying that he got caught.  

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhllyPhn1967. Show PhllyPhn1967's posts

In Response to Re: Vick Comments on Dog Fighting:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vick Comments on Dog Fighting : No we only have an arraignment with pigeons.  Chipmunks (and squirrels) are fair game.
    Posted by Patsman3[/QUOTE]

How about bikers two-abreast on Rt 2A in Lincoln? Please say yes, please.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vick Comments on Dog Fighting : He served two years in a Federal Pen, how many days did Dante Stallworth get? Maybe you cannot grasp the concept that where he grw up it was accepted behavior and that he got too involved in the dog fighting, but that he did his time and now he is being given a second chance. It is not that it makes his actions right, but he served his time, and we all hope learned the lesson and will use his exposure to combat violence against animals. I swear, some people in Mass think that killing a person is acceptable behavior, but touch an animal and throw him in jail forever. LOL
    Posted by PhllyPhn1967[/QUOTE]

Actually I thought Stallworth should have gone to jail for manslaughter which usually gets 5 yrs. And I think what Vick got was about right.

But the fact of the matter is that he didn't learn his lesson given his comments. And, blaming it on culture he grew up in is bunk. There are plenty of people who grew up in the same environment and live law abiding life's. I swear some people in Philly think that just because it's alright to break the law in Philly that it's alright to break the law everywhere because it's what they grew up in

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vick Comments on Dog Fighting : "arraignment", Phat Rex/McCheaters? I had no idea pigeons could be arraigned in court.  Maybe Mike Tyson used them for a crime?
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Yeah, he misspelled arrangement, but the Seinfeld reference is pretty funny.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhllyPhn1967. Show PhllyPhn1967's posts

[QUOTE]Who here said anything about Donte Stallworth? Because he played for the Pats for one season we think its ok to ki11 someone?? Your ignorance shows once again PhillyTroll
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33[/QUOTE]

Where was the outrage when he attempted to come back to play. Or Ray Lewis? Or Albert Haynesworth for putting a guy in a wheelchair while driving recklessly? You need to grow up son.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from N2thaIzzo. Show N2thaIzzo's posts

Man, leave Vick alone, he's not doing anything to any of you.  That man is entitled to his opinion just like each of you are...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vick Comments on Dog Fighting : Where was the outrage when he attempted to come back to play. Or Ray Lewis? Or Albert Haynesworth for putting a guy in a wheelchair while driving recklessly? You need to grow up son.
    Posted by PhllyPhn1967[/QUOTE]

I will have too agree with you on this one to a extent ray should be in jail and never come back.haynesworth not a fan of his but should be suspended but it wasnt intentional,same for stallworth.Vick did this knowing what his inrentions were.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vick Comments on Dog Fighting : "arraignment", Phat Rex/McCheaters? I had no idea pigeons could be arraigned in court.  Maybe Mike Tyson used them for a crime?

I wouldn't expect you to get the Seinfeld reference Rusty can.  I only wish you would spell check your own posts as much as you do everyone else's.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]Man, leave Vick alone, he's not doing anything to any of you.  That man is entitled to his opinion just like each of you are...
    Posted by N2thaIzzo[/QUOTE]

The singular difference being that nobody is broadcasting our opinions for all the world to see and dissect . . .

unless, of course, you count this forum.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vick Comments on Dog Fighting : Ray Lewis = OJ Explain how an intentional dog torture chamber is the same as speeding and getting into an accident. Thanks, Logical Pats fans with above average IQs

So this wasn't intentional Rusty? You can't have it both ways. He could have easily took out his eye and blinded him without question.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5nlEA8BUTQ

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Hey, for all we know, Albert Haynesworth was raised in an area where reckless driving was acceptable; ergo, its not a problem according to you lol. I need to grow up? You spent 2 hours blasting Haynesworth yesterday but now are defending Vick today. For the record I hold no grudge against Vick, I don't even care what he did, I just have a problem with you hating on everything Patriots and making ridiculous and false claims like the Stallworth comment

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vick Comments on Dog Fighting : Phat Rex/McCheaters, We've been over this. Please post what the "sexual assault" crime was for Haynesworth. I still haven't seen this. His worst mistake was driving recklessly and injuring another person, but that is far from intentional like Vick's Heinrich Himmler concentration camp kit he so gleefully set up in a special hiding place, removed from society. Creepy, innit? And please stop pretending an INTENTIONAL concentration camp and interstate crime as felonies is anywhere remotely near Haynesworth's ugly, but unintentional transgressions. Orlando Cepeda is in the baseball HOF after taking a bat to John Riseborough's head. Way for me to take a stand is right, Phat Rex. It's called LOGIC. Mike Vick intentionally set up a concentration camp and enjoyed torturing dogs. You need to throw out that law school application as well. lol

LOL post it.  Sorry to inform you Rusty but groping a women is sexual assault (which is the POST).  I know you probably do this on the subway coming home at night but it is WRONG and ILLEGAL.

His worst mistake was driving "recklessly" but that wasn't intentional.  HUH?  Do you use that same argument when a drunk driver gets in an accident?  Yea umm I was drunk but i didn't "intend" to crash into that station wagon and kill 10 people..Oh but that's right he "only" paralyzed the guy, he didn't kill him. 

I suppose the stomping on the head of the cowboy player wasn't "intentional" either.  He just thought he was pushing a piece of sod back into place right Rusty?

Two faced hypocrite Rusty.  Everyone on here knows without question if Vick was playing for the Pats you would be on here defending him.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhllyPhn1967. Show PhllyPhn1967's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vick Comments on Dog Fighting : Ray Lewis = OJ Explain how an intentional dog torture chamber is the same as speeding and getting into an accident. Thanks, Logical Pats fans with above average IQs

LOL, typical Pats denial. Listen, no one said his actions were right, BUT he did more time than rapists do in Mass, or pedophiles. I find those crimes more disturbing than the actions of Vick who has shown remorse in the past but yet people want to point to a GQ article(LOLLOLOLOL) to defend their point of view.

I have read articles about Vick and what he does in the Philly area and he does reach out and perform the education as well as keep his relations with PETA. Is it because he feels guilt or remorse or because if he does not it means he will ruin his image. Does it really matter so much as he does not commit the crime again? And does his image and words mean maybe a bunch of kids who might have been led down the same path choose a different way to behave?

Okay Mr "I Think I Know More" Buger King Guy. If a person gets caught going over a 100mph and is summonsed for reckless driving and then commits the same crime is it not negligent of the offender for KNOWINGLY committing the same crime and at the same time causing an accident in which a person was seriously injured?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]Man, leave Vick alone, he's not doing anything to any of you.  That man is entitled to his opinion just like each of you are...
    Posted by N2thaIzzo[/QUOTE]

He's entitled to his opinion much like we are to make an opinion on him. You can't say leave the man alone and then claim everyone is entitled to their opinion. It's not like we are going up to his door and saying this we are giving our opinions on a forum which is as much our right as his to his comments.

I can't stand when people say, he didn't do anything to you. Well technically Hitler didn't do anything to me either (not comparing him to Hitler just taking it to an extreme). A lot of criminals didn't do anything to any of us yet they get criticized and rightfully so. It's not just about you it's about everyone and the fact that he hurt people when he took their family pets off their yards and feed them to his fighting dogs to give them a taste of blood is well disturbing to say the least. Having many family dogs in my life should I not feel disgust when I hear stories like that? Yes he did his time, that doesn't mean I have to like the guy. Since, he came out with these comments I like him even less. I'm not going to say put him back in jail but at the same time I think he should be rightfully criticized if he shows that he is not very sorry for his unlawful actions when he keeps trying to come out and revive his imagine by making speeches about how bad dog fighting is. Esp, considering it sounds like he doesn't think it is wrong to begin with

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhllyPhn1967. Show PhllyPhn1967's posts

[QUOTE]The only people who are shocked by these comments are the people you bought the bull sh*t he was selling. He does not think what he did was wrong because he is a horrible person. The writer at least called him out for what he was saying which was nice to see. Plenty of people grow up poor and dont hurt animals or people. Everything he just said is complete bull sh*t. And he wants to have a dog again? A companion? Apparently even though he tortured and murdered dogs for FUN he still considered them companions. What a a sshole.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

So why do people in Mexico do coq fights?? Any idea?? It is gambling. It is not the thrill of killing a dog, although dog torture is used on the animals, but it is a form of gambling.

Do you understand the idea or concept of socialized behavior??? Maybe this is more of a sign that our education system is failing us than it is about Vick and the dog fights!!

Socialization occurs when people are brought up thinking that a certain behavior is acceptable. In Muslim countries it is acceptable to cut off the hand of a man who steals. In some places in our country polygamy is socially accepted. I do not agree with either but it exists.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhllyPhn1967. Show PhllyPhn1967's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vick Comments on Dog Fighting : Is this the head stomp? WE WERE DISCUSSING OFF FIELD ANTICS THAT LED TO POLICE INVOLVEMENT. Do you know how many baseball players, football players, basketball players and hockey players (especially) either did something dumb or also were slam dunk HOFers after doing something dumb? PLENTY. No one is defending Haynesworth's actions there.  I saw Logan Mankins punch a Bronco in the nuts. What is your point here? You, as a makeshift type troll here, are reaching wildly and going out of context. FAIL

So then no one should ever complain again about the jack Tatum hit on Darryl Stingley.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhllyPhn1967. Show PhllyPhn1967's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vick Comments on Dog Fighting : That's because he was FORCED to do those things to make himself a living, Einstein. You've been had. He's a liar and a phony. We all saw it coming from a mile away. Go read his comments again in this interview and then tell us that what he does in the Philly area is genuine or if it's so he can get people off his back to play the game for millioins. And no, I think Haynesworth was speeding, which we all do. Or, you're a liar. Comparing speeding to Vick's Heinrich Himmler camps?  Are you for real here? And don't try to deflect from pedophiles getting away with things or any other criminal. Stay on the thread focus. This is about Vick just PROVING he has no remorse and no sense of why he was wrong.  Vick is the victim. Didn't you know? lol I don't see Haynesworth doing interviews making excuses. In fact, I saw him immediately admit embarrassment after the Gurode incident.

Just because you believe you are right does not make you right you know!!

He has shown remorse, whether you believe him or not is up to you. He has done time in a Federal Pen, whether you believe this is enough is not up to you a judge sentenced him in a Federal Court. Vick accpeted his punishment, did his time and now has shown he can return to society and be productive.

Haynesworth does not need to make excuses, I don't think he ever admitted he committed a crime nor has he admit any guilt or paid for his crimes against society. He is free from sin. LOL. People like you amaze me, from the pulpit to the prairie preaching the know-it-all phrases of condemnation. This is a typical Pats fan right here folks.