Vick gets 6 yr 100M deal

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Re: Vick gets 6 yr 100M deal

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Vick played 11 games last year. I bet Welker would have an argument who deserved it more. What about Mike williams?

Flacco I'm not sold on. Matt Ryan I am. So is Parcells, he was quoted that taking Long over Ryan was one of his biggest mistakes in his career. Matt Ryan will be a HOF QB for QB skills not for rushing.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Dont get ahead of yourself, Matt Ryan needs to win a SB before he can ever be considered for the HOF.

Maybe I should ask Fran Tarkenton and Jim Kelly that. Think what you want of Ryan but he'll be the next superstar.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I dont vote em in the hall...   just sayin

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

In Response to Re: Vick gets 6 yr 100M deal:
    Whether you realize it or not, you are justifying torturing an animal for your own reasons.  Do we have to eat chickens?  Are we able to sustain ourselves on vegetable and HERBS : P Hey crusty, when your IQ gets to 50 you should sell.  I just took a quick online test and scored 138 and that is at work so I had to be quick.  I'm no dummy.
    Posted by WeDerrWEDAT

You are if you think a 5 minute online test actually shows you your real IQ

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPatsFan12. Show NYPatsFan12's posts

Vick kills dogs

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NonChalant1. Show NonChalant1's posts

Really? Wes Welker maybe? Considering he was actually coming off an injury unlike Vick who was coming off of...... being a bench player? Not really the same thing. Wes Welker tore his ACL and then came back and still caught over 80 balls. And im sure there are other players out there coming off injurys that could have been considered. They gave that award to Vick because they couldnt give him the MVP even though they badly wanted to so they wanted to give him something and thats what they came up with. It was BS and is still BS.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

Who is "they"?  Who do you people talk to on a regular basis.  This is like the research and papers I had to do in college with people thinking their victims or that society is against them when objective facts point to the contrary.  Everytime Vick was mentioned dogs were brought up.  The disclaimer was always about how everyone didn't condone his actions, but that he's playing well.  They didn't give him the MVP because he got hurt and didn't deserve it after he came back.  Brady won unanimously.  In the real world - or at least in mine because we appear to be from different planets - everyone thought the media would NOT vote him for MVP even if he deserved it.  Everyone thought that his image would preclude him from having that kind of honor and that he would have to undeniably be better in order to win.  Look at the articles from Peter King and people like him in the media around the time.  I think King was saying that perhaps he would "consider" putting Vick on his short list.  Not even that he was on it.  That he may "consider" it.  I don't know who this Vick defense team is you speak of besides Steve Young, but you sound delusional to me.  I wanted Brady to win and was confident he would because it was either him or Vick and I knew they wouldn't give it to Vick.

He won comeback player of the year because people have injuries every year that they come back from.  But how often does a guy fall off the top of his sport (whether or not he was is unimportant, he was paid like it), lose everything, go into debt, have his image destroyed, go to prison for two years, return only to be 3rd string and then lead his team to the playoffs while putting together some of the most incredible regular season games we've seen in some time?  He put Philly on his back and won that division - Vick was the catalyst.  Those type of come back stories don't happen to often...he came back from much more than football.  I love Wes, but he just got overshadowed.  I know you all seem to like the "blue-collar"  "hard-worker" or whatever, but Vick captivated the NFL last year.  It was one of the most unexpected stories of redemption (and maybe he's not redeemed in your eyes) in sports history.  Usually the guy ends up like Javaris Crittenton.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Vick only started 11 games. thats not even 3/4 of a season.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from N2thaIzzo. Show N2thaIzzo's posts

Wes Welker for comeback player of the year?  Are you kidding me?  Your arguements are getting weaker and weaker every post!

First of all, Welker had a better season in 2009 than he did in 2010.  How could you win comeback player of the year when there was no improvement?

Vick was an MVP candidate up until about the last 3-4 weeks of the season.  Vick threw for damn near 3000 more yards and 20 more TD's.  If that's not a comeback, I don't know what is.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Was someone comparing TB to Vick?

4 SB trips versus 0?  I'm sorry but how can you even compare?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from N2thaIzzo. Show N2thaIzzo's posts

Uhm.... The player named Comeback Player of the Year shows perseverance in overcoming adversity, in the form of not being in the NFL the previous year, a severe injury, or simply poor performance.  If you can't figure it out from that definition, that would be a you problem...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

In Response to Re: Vick gets 6 yr 100M deal : You are if you think a 5 minute online test actually shows you your real IQ
    Posted by mikzor

see???  All it takes is a comment about the UGGS and it gets nasty...Why do I have to be an idiot.  that test was hard....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

In Response to Re: Vick gets 6 yr 100M deal : see???  All it takes is a comment about the UGGS and it gets nasty...Why do I have to be an idiot.  that test was hard....
    Posted by WeDerrWEDAT

Credit where its due, I laughed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In Response to Re: Vick gets 6 yr 100M deal : Do real men have children out of wedlock and diss the mom? That sounds like a real standup guy, LOL. As a matter of fact he fits right in the NFL fatherhood program. How about the big coach Bill Belichik who had an affair for TEN years behind his wife's back and his kids. Upstanding moral guys there.
    Posted by PhllyPhn1967

Link?

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhllyPhn1967. Show PhllyPhn1967's posts

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2007/03/04/after_a_bruising_year_belichick_opens_up/

He may face a less pleasant activity this off-season. A New Jersey judge granted a motion in a divorce case that will allow lawyers for Vincent Shenocca to question Belichick about his involvement with Sharon Shenocca, whom Belichick met in the 1980s when she was a receptionist for the New York Giants and he was the defensive coordinator.

In court papers, Shenocca alleges that his wife has received thousands of dollars from Belichick that she has used to fund "an extravagant lifestyle," including membership in a health club, vacations, and a summer rental at the Jersey shore. She has responded that she and Belichick are just friends.

Under the judge's order, the coach could be asked to turn over financial records from the past five years that show payments to her -- or the case could be settled without Belichick's involvement. New Jersey is a no-fault divorce state, meaning it does not require proof of fault; either spouse can ask for and receive a divorce despite objections from the other.

Belichick named 'Other Man' in nasty N.J. divorce
    By Gayle Fee and Laura Raposa
    Boston Herald
    Thursday, July 20, 2006 -

Bill Belichick has been named The Other Man in an ugly New Jersey divorce case and the jilted hubby has asked the court to let his lawyers quiz the New England Patriots head coach about his relationship with the missus, a blond fortysomething mother of two.

Vincent Shenocca, a 42-year-old New Jersey construction worker, filed for divorce from his wife, Sharon, a former receptionist with the New York Giants, on the grounds of "extreme mental cruelty." Shenocca's court papers say his wife of 10 years "has had a relationship with Bill Belichick for several years" and would not end it, despite her husband's pleas.

"This relationship appears to have blossomed, including more frequent telephone calls, and (Mrs. Shenocca's) receipt of large sums of money and expensive gifts from Mr. Belichick, which she has used to purchase expensive clothing, pocketbooks, watches, a treadmill and maid service, most of which she initially hid from (her husband)," the New Jersey court papers say.

Shenocca told his wife "that he did not feel comfortable with her receipt of expensive gifts and large sums of money from Mr. Belichick," the papers continue, but she "refused to consider (his) feelings and has continued her relationship with Mr. Belichick."

Shenocca's attorneys filed a request with the court yesterday asking for permission to take Belichick's deposition to quiz him about what exactly is going on between him and the attractive blonde. A hearing is set for early August.

Sharon Shenocca, described as a slim, blue-eyed 41-year-old stay-at-home mom, reportedly met Belichick when she was with the Giants. Belichick, 54, was the defensive coordinator there until 1990 and Vincent Shenocca believes that his wife and the coach have been involved for several years.

He claims that Belichick has sent limos to the house to pick up his wife, that he flew her to Super Bowl XXXVIII in Houston, and that he has plied her with large amounts of cash. Mrs. Shenocca reportedly is looking at posh pads in Brooklyn, N.Y. and her husband is questioning how she can afford pricey real estate when she doesn't work.

"He is heartbroken," said one inside source. "He loved his wife and strongly surmises something is going on with her and Bill Belichick."

Sharon Shenocca did not return calls yesterday. In her court papers she admits receiving gifts from "an individual," but says that she never hid the friendship from her husband and that the relationship was "plutonic" (sic).

"Monies that I received from this individual were shared with (her husband)," Mrs. Shenocca said, adding that Vincent Shenocca "became unreasonably upset and jealous regarding my friendship with this other individual, often becoming loudly and profanely critical of (her) friendship outside of the marriage."

She claims that her husband's outbursts have been so virulent that "her health and safety have become endangered and it is improper and unreasonable to expect (her) to cohabit with (her husband)."

Vincent Shenocca is seeking residential custody of the couple's two children. He objects to his wife's request to move with them to New York. Sharon Shenocca is also seeking custody and wants her husband to support her and the kids.

"It's a pretty ugly road they're going down," said our source.

A spokesman for the Patriots declined to comment on the matter.

"Generally speaking, I don't seek comments on inquiries that are personal in nature," said team spokesguy Stacey James.

Belichick and his wife of 28 years, Debby, separated before the 2004 football season but do spend time together. She was with him at his father's funeral in November and the two recently appeared together at a fund-raiser for AccesSport, one of Debby's pet charities. The couple has three children.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhllyPhn1967. Show PhllyPhn1967's posts

Do we really need to post anything about Brady impregnating Bridget Moynihan, breaking up with her, and before the breakup is even cold and Bridget has had the child Brady is dating Gisele?? That is pretty low.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhllyPhn1967. Show PhllyPhn1967's posts

LOL at the denial. Hey, your wife is cheating on you, he picks her up on your front step......The King: "Duh, no she's not, they are just friends". LOL.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhllyPhn1967. Show PhllyPhn1967's posts

In Response to Re: Vick gets 6 yr 100M deal : Who dissed what mom?  What are you talking about? Also, we have no idea what triggered Belichick's divroce or anyon'e divorce. Parcells got divorced. Stuff happens.  You have no idea and I have no idea. What we do know is Mike Vick slaughtered dogs for entertainment and gave some gal herpes after knowing he had it, only to give a fake name (Ron Mexico) in order to hide the fact he did that.  Then, he was sued for it. I'd say Mike Vick has cornered the market on REALLY, REALLY unique BAD behavior that really no one else you've ever heard of has done before. Good day, goober.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

Admitted guilt, did his time. Next. Not everyone is so able to just sweep things under the rug and make people forget about it. There is direct evidence linking Belichik to behavior which not only caused his own divorce but also another family, that is scum bag material. And you have Tom Brady, Mr Clean having a child out of wedlock and at the same time dating a woman while his ex-girlfriend is giving birth to his child. SCUM BAG! Get over it, seriously. And you have Dante Stallworth killing a man and not doing one day of jailtime. And of course who can forget the chior boy Corey Dillon.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhllyPhn1967. Show PhllyPhn1967's posts

Explain how that made sense if BB's last contact with that woman would have been in 1999 in New York. If he even had that kind of contact since she worked for the Giants and he was with the Jets. Hmm. Certainly possible, but it smells.  The story and timeline smell. Again, why did that story come out 2 years after BB separated from his own wife if this was a relationship that was supposedly going on in the late 1980s? Sounds like an attempt to make money off Belichick to me AFTER Belichick won 3 SBs and became famous.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

Sounds like BB lacks certain character to stay away from another mans wife. Hmmmmm. Like cheating in football, admitting his guilt of using cameras when he knew it was against the rule. He knows it is wrong, but still does it. Hmmmm.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts