Vick gets 6 yr 100M deal

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhllyPhn1967. Show PhllyPhn1967's posts

Re: Vick gets 6 yr 100M deal

In Response to Re: Vick gets 6 yr 100M deal:
    In Response to Re: Vick gets 6 yr 100M deal : Yup. Assuming he stays out of trouble, which I think he will, but he's so dumb and arrogant, it's hard to confirm that, his age and style of play is not really reflective of what you want as a modern day QB. He would have been perfect in the late 80s and into the 90s before defenses became really fast and complex. Now, with film out on him in that offense, I think his degree of difficulty running it, goes way up, which is clearly a bad thing with a very low IQ QB like that. Add in the pressure now, where last year he didn't have it due to low expectations, and the fact his production last year came against bad teams, I don't expect this to go very well. The take on Vick hasn't changed. No one saw him as an elite QB in Atlanta and no one sees him as that now. I give him credit for attempting to dupe people, saying the right things to get the new deal, but I am not buying it either. This will probably sink Reid. Vick is flasy, Kolb was not, but there is no question who you'd rather invest in. Kolb was pretty good as a 1st time starter, putting up some solid numbers, not far off from Vick's. Vick had a few games where he blew up, which bloated his stats. http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/schedule/_/name/phi/year/2010
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

Amazing the arrogance you have running your mouth off that others know nothing in comparison to your view, it is truly dumbfounding.

Vick relied on natural talent to get his job in Atlanta, in Philadelphia he is actually breaking down film, working with his teammates(who by all reports like Vick) and the coaches(all of whom speak highly of Vick's work ethic in Phiily). It is scary that someone like yourself can go arounf thinking you know when in reality you have no clue.

You speak from a podium, like a preacher, saying you are knowing, when the reality is you know jack and just talk like you do. I would assume you are probably a salesman of some sort, maybe real estate, they BS pretty well.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

Next thing you know you guys are going to boycott going to the circus because it is inhumane to treat the elephants like that, or boycott dog racing or horse racing or MMA fighting.  The thing is, and I dont agree with it, but dog fighting is accepted in some cultures.  It is what it is.

I am a dog lover and I could never watch or condone something like this but Vick did time(and a lot of it) for killing an animal. So unless you dont eat chicken wings, eggs(except for the free ranged ones) or veal or have a halo over your head, enough with the vick hate.  dood paid hard time for that boneheaded decision.

good for vick, he deserves it and I dont look forward to seeing my defense chasing him around this year....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

So you are saying that signing a 31 year old Vick who cant stay healthy for a full 16 game season because of the way he plays (fact) to a 6 year deal worth $100 million dollars is a good idea? As a fan of the team not the player your telling me you wouldnt rather see Vick get a 3 year deal worth fair money?
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

honestly, you should wait until after you play the eagles to judge this guy on the field.  you may feel differently. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from murphylo. Show murphylo's posts

Suckers!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

This guy could buy my parents a new home and I would still feel the same way whodat. I dont care how gifted he is on the field he is a piece of trash. Also since you brought it up I dont go to the circus because fo the way they treat their animals, there are people out there who do act that way. I mean I watch MMA and love it but there is a difference between to consenting adults fighting with rules and refs to keep it safe and two dogs being FORCED to fight to the death.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

In your view, it is different.  Others dont view it that way. Just as others dont view the caging of chickens for food as acceptable.  is it okay to torture a chicken for its entire life just so you can save $1 a lb at costo on hot wings?  I am not judging but imo he paid a huge price for killing/torturing animals.  baby=dog=chicken?? no, but some people do believe that their dog is their "baby".  others believe that a dog is an animal as others believe that a chicken is an animal. Using pure logic a person can treat a chicken like a baby.  So I respect your opinion but I can forgive the guy for killing a dog fast than I can forgive a man for killing a baby.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NonChalant1. Show NonChalant1's posts

All I see is a bunch of bitter people with sour grapes who hate Michael Vick.  You're running around saying he's dumb and has a low IQ, etc.  It's obvious you hate the guy and that's what it's really all about.  You should have no say in any discussion regarding the guy.  He was never taught how to paly QB in Atlanta and wasn't expected to.  This guy is playing behind a terrible O-Line.  That's why he's getting hurt in Philly, not because he wants to run.  Or did you forget that Kolb got hurt too?  Did you forget how average Kolb looked in his starts and how Vick completely outplayed him?  Did you forget that Andy Reid basically had to be forced to start Vick when it was obvious he was better?

You guys sound like clowns and haters at the same time.  All this garbage about how people know he's a low IQ QB and all that trash...it's borderline offensive and it's way past critiquing a player.  Those "everybodies" voted Vick as one of the 20 or so best players in the league?  Those same guys that voted Brady as number 1?  Are you so ready to dismiss their judgment?  Vick's best games did come against bad competition, but his worst games also came against teams that were completely destroying his O-Line.  Vick is going to get annihilated tis year unless he starts making choices as fast as Aaron Rodgers. 

As for the contract Vick got, look at Kolb's deal.  No one is going to give Vick a worse deal than the guy you traded to keep him and declared him better than.  It's really that simple.  There aren't 10 QBs in the league better than Vick.  Might not be 6.  Look at the NFC.  Brees, Rodgers and then who else is exactly better than him in his conference?  Exactly.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: Vick gets 6 yr 100M deal : Ummm, his career number is 55.6% while last season he was a 62.6%, plus a 100.2 rating and 3018 yds, 21TD's to 6 INT's. He has an All-Pro receiver in Jackson, a quality #2 in Maclin, both of whom are better than any Pats receiver by a longshot, plus Avant and Steve Smith with McCoy and Brown out of the backfield. Lots of weapons and an O-line that will be better than last season. I expect Vick to have an MVP season and earn his money. And for thos who want to know how the Eagles have the money, good cap management, you know the Pats are not the only team who can run a team LOL.
    Posted by PhllyPhn1967

Wait, you would take either of these guys over Wes Welker? The guy who has the most catches in the NFL since 2007? hmmm Didnt Desean Jackson take a step back with 40 something receptions last year???

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhllyPhn1967. Show PhllyPhn1967's posts

How is a chicken, a non-domesticated animal used for health reasons (feeding people well), the same as a domesticated animal/pet. It's not. Also, the attempt to be humane is there where what Vick did was for entertainment with NO ATTEMPT TO BE HUMANE. That's why PETA dopes are so ridiculous with that premise. What do you think your IQ is, Whodat? Have you ever had it measured?

So this behavior is not a socially acceptable behavior in the south?? And what about chaining dogs and running pit bulls around the streets of Boston when tey attack children?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from N2thaIzzo. Show N2thaIzzo's posts

Thank you Non Chalant.  Finally, someone that sees things as they are. 

Note 1:  People do fight chickens for fun... and kill the losers.

Note 2:  Vick paid for his crime.  I didn't know there was a law somewhere that said once you finish serving a prision sentence, you cannot get a high paying job anywhere.  The purpose of prision is to rehabilitate.

The problem with people is they don't allow others to have 2nd chances.  The man made his mistake, and moved on.  Would you rather he not be allowed to play, resort to violent crime, and possibly harm one of your loved ones?  I don't care what his stats say, Vick is one of the best in the world at his job, whether you want to believe it or not.  Fact is he got his money, and what he does in the future is going to judge whether or not he deserves it.  Not his past, not his supporters/haters, not the american justice system.   

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NonChalant1. Show NonChalant1's posts

Umm, why wouldn't I dislike a low character punk who threw away his career, or should have based on his behavior earlier in his career? Admit it, he took it for granted because he had his butt kissed his whole life. The guy flat out lied right to Goodell's face, too. I don't believe in using all atheltes as role models, but he's a liar, a fraud, a creep and it just so happens, his career stats back up the fact he's the most overrated QB this side of Favre, Cutler, Sanchez, Eli Manning, Tony Romo, et al. He's overrated. So, it's not just I don't like him and hope he doesn't succeed or dies a slow death, but he's been overrated as a QB in this era, for 10 years. And rewarding a criminal with those felony convictions, and likely many others than went unpunished makes any normal person's stomach turn. This is like cheering on OJ Simpson if he had murdered those two people back in 1969 and was allowed back in for the 1971 season.  Obviously, humans aren't dogs, but would OJ have been allowed back in because he was found "innocent"? It's about ego, power and control.  Simpson got away with it and so did Vick, even though Vick didn't kill people.  Ray Lewis is in the same boat for me, as is Roethlisberger.  The latter wasn't convicted of anything, but it sure smelled. The ego, power, manipulation, control elements are the parallel.  I don't want it rewarded because it sends the wrong message. It's what happened or what happens right now with our gov't, the economy, lobbysist, etc. It;s the same thing. It's a small group trying to manipulate and rewarding it is a joke. People who can make money off something will try to control and manipulate.  Maybe you think that's good, but I don't. Vick is a bad guy.  If he was a good guy, we wouldn't be having this discussion. QB's as good or better than VIck in the NFC: Brees Rodgers Matt Ryan Romo Cutler Josh Freeman Sam Bradford and Stafford aren't far off.  Romo and Cutler are clearly as good as Vick.   All 3 of those have noticeable flaws, but they're about equal.
    I ignored the vast majority of what you said because you have a hate for the guy bordering on insanity and I'm not sure if there's not something else there, but I won't speak to that.  What I will say...is that you discredited yourself as a pure hater the moment you claimed that many people in the NFC were better than him.  Look, the man did his damn time and earned his way back into the league.  No one handed him a starting spot and no one felt bad for him when he came back.  He worked himself back into shape and he committed himself.  Are you so holy that any individual whoever does something wrong is irredeemable in your eyes and thsu unfit to prosper?  Who are you?  The guy did his time and was made an example out of.  He owes numerous people and lost a 100 million dollar deal.  He earned his way back.  I'm sorry if everyone else in the world doesn't view Vick as Stalin like you might.  But that's just life.  You've effectively invalidated your opinion on anything regarded to this guy sports related and you probably disliked him before the charges.

But let's get back to the one part of your post that I did read clearly so I can expose your nonsense.  " Brees Rodgers Matt Ryan Romo Cutler Josh Freeman Sam Bradford and Stafford aren't far off."

So you claim Vick is overrated then you use Matt Ryan?  Matt Ryan is highly overrated and relies on his running game and just chucking the ball up to Roddy White.  He is not a dominant QB and should not be treated as such.  He and Joe Flacco are the same guy.  Ryan was properly exposed in the playoffs last year.  Romo?  Romo has won one playoff game with all the talent he's been given.  It's not all his fault, but let's be realistic here.  Vick beat Green Bay in Green Bay with a bunch of castoffs as his weapons, Romo has never done anything as impressive.

Cutler?  Please quit...like this is hilarious...Jay Cutler would slap you for this statement.  Josh Freeman?  He's had one good pro year, but it was nothing near what Vick was like last year.  Stafford has never done anything for more than a two game span and Bradford is a 2nd year player that had a good rookie campaign.   You've proven my point...he is the class of his conference along with Brees and Rogers and you're just going to have to accept that. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhllyPhn1967. Show PhllyPhn1967's posts

In Response to Re: Vick gets 6 yr 100M deal : Wait, you would take either of these guys over Wes Welker? The guy who has the most catches in the NFL since 2007? hmmm Didnt Desean Jackson take a step back with 40 something receptions last year???
    Posted by TrueChamp

40 receptions and 1,000 yds, LOL. Wes Welker is on the back 9, a step slower and still coming off of injury. Difference between the Eagles and Pats is big break capability, Pats do not have any, Eagles have a couple young guys who can break it.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhllyPhn1967. Show PhllyPhn1967's posts

Thank you Non Chalant.  Finally, someone that sees things as they are.  Note 1:  People do fight chickens for fun... and kill the losers. Note 2:  Vick paid for his crime.  I didn't know there was a law somewhere that said once you finish serving a prision sentence, you cannot get a high paying job anywhere.  The purpose of prision is to rehabilitate. The problem with people is they don't allow others to have 2nd chances.  The man made his mistake, and moved on.  Would you rather he not be allowed to play, resort to violent crime, and possibly harm one of your loved ones?  I don't care what his stats say, Vick is one of the best in the world at his job, whether you want to believe it or not.  Fact is he got his money, and what he does in the future is going to judge whether or not he deserves it.  Not his past, not his supporters/haters, not the american justice system.   
    Posted by N2thaIzzo

Shhh, don't say that. Excuse people for killing an innocent person, or raping a woman/child, but kill a dog who would kill a child if given chance and it is worthy of life in prison.

I am sure these are some of the same people who go to church and claim to forgive me for my sins but yet go out and do it all over again because they asked the lord for forgiveness.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NonChalant1. Show NonChalant1's posts

For one yes I hate Mike Vick and I have never said otherwise. He is a scum bag who does not belong in the NFL. Period. He clearly was a better then Kolb? Then why did Kolb win the job in training camp? And people say he has a low IQ cause he makes bad choices with the ball and has his entire career. the stats back this up.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

SO then don't even comment on him.  People like you who can't separate the individual from the performance are entirely what is wrong with sports fans today.  They let their perception of individuals color their perception of their perfomance.  You were probably part of the brigade that spent the better part of the last decade hating on Kobe Bryant while ignoring the fact that as Larry Legend put it, "Him not having an MVP is a crime.  It almost makes me want to give mine back."

Kolb didn't win anything in training camp.  Kolb was Reid's guy and he stuck by him regardless.  It's like when Fisher just straight up didn't like Young and gave Collins the job and wouldn't bench him until the owner made him.  Only for Vince Young to save his job.  Kolb was drafted to be the successor to Donovan and you give that guy the chance regardless.  It always happens.  Rivers hadn't proven to be better than Brees yet but the Chargers thrust him into the spot.  Eli Manning wasn't clearly better than Kurt Warner yet (and he never will be) but he was given the spot.  Being the designated guy goes a long way.  Ask Tom Brady about what happened to him at Michigan.

Vick has you so furious it's hilarious.  You're sitting here and arguing that Kevin Kolb is better than Michael Vick when his own teammates didn't believe and none of the players in the NFL believe it.  Which is why they regard Vick so highly.  Kolb goes down and Vick dominates.  Vick goes down and Kolb looks average.  If he was better why didn't he outperform him?  Give up.  You hate him, so don't look at him.  But don't pretend you're evaluating his talent objectively.  You've sadly proven to be incapable of that.  My fellow New England fans always disappoint me.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhllyPhn1967. Show PhllyPhn1967's posts

In Response to Re: Vick gets 6 yr 100M deal : That's correct. Do you think Vick had this remote, seperate residence for this concentration camps just by accident, or do you think he was proud to have it with friends like white boys/teammates Brian Finneran or Bob Christian over for margaritas and a fun afternoon looking at animal torture? You're an idiot for defending primitive behavior like that deferring to "the South". It's 2011.

He grew up in a neighborhood where this was part of an accepted behavior and during his tenure in Atlanta had surrounded himself with people who pandered to this type of behavior. Vick set up a house run by his cronies to run this operation as a gambling operation, it was not his primary residence. The federal authorities arrested Vick, he pleaded guilty, served 21 months plus house arrest, lost the money he made, and was reinstated in the NFL by the commissioner.

Maybe you hate him because you are a racist? Since you seem to know how others think I will just suggest you are possibly ignorant to social behavior and how this can affect a persons decision making, right or wrong. The crime is horrendous, but walk around Boston and you will see guys with pit bulls, do you really think they are for man best friend or as a social statement of intimidation and stature? My guess is you are still waiting for your balls to drop.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhllyPhn1967. Show PhllyPhn1967's posts

Who here excuses people for murder or rape? When you start lying, proves you lost.

Deflect much?? This is the liberal communist belief that is Mass! It happens daily in this state.

Sections
Shortcuts