Vick gets 6 yr 100M deal

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NonChalant1. Show NonChalant1's posts

Re: Vick gets 6 yr 100M deal

In Response to Re: Vick gets 6 yr 100M deal:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vick gets 6 yr 100M deal : How is Vick "dominant"? Please post his career stats for us. And if what you are implying is that I am racist because I think Vick is overrated, then why am I impressed with Josh Freeman? As little as I think of Romo and Cutler, Vick is not better. Yes, that's correct. They are immature, poor leaders and have flaws. YES. Matt Ryan is "overrated"?  How do you figure that? The guy is clearly primed to pull an Aaron Rodgers and almost did last year. Vick played 12 games in 2010, missed 3 seasons and he's in the "class of his conference"? Are you Eli Manning? My good god, kid.  Get back to Madden and your fantasy draft.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]
    I don't know any knowledgeable person that believes Matt Ryan deserves to be in convo of the top 6 or 7 QBs in the NFL.  Cut that BS out.  Matt Ryan manages games.  He doesn't win them.  The occassional heroics against a very poor Ravens defense don't dispute that.  Don't ever compare him to Aaron Rodgers.  He does not have the same tools or abilities.  If he was on the Packers they would've won 8 games last year because he would not be dominate behind that line.  Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco compose the new generation of overrated QBs.  He's not much better than Schaub if at all.  It's obvious that you like the guy and you let that affect how you judge him. 

I'm referring to the Michael Vick I saw last year.  If last year was an aberration then you have a point.  But if it wasn't then it's irrelevant.  What good are Vick's career stats in a discussion when all of his hype last year was based on how he was nothing like he used to be?  All these statements are assuming he continues on as he was last.  If I'm discussing who the best player in the NBA is right now, will I use Derrick Rose's rookie numbers to tell you what type of player he is right now?  You latch onto this type of logic because without it then you have nothing.  The argument you should've made was that last year was a fluke, but instead you keep acting like it didn't happen. 

Furthermore, I didn't say you were racist.  What I was getting at has more to do with image, but I won't veer into that.  But here's a caveat:  Bringing up Josh Freeman proves nothing.  Many an individual has said, "How can I be racist, I have a black friend." And of course they were indeed racist.  That was the equivalent of that statement.  But let's not disgress. 

How is Vick a poor leader when his entire team swears by him?  Do you hear yourself?  How can you project Matt Ryan's season based on last year, but refuse to project Vick's based on last year?  Please stop.

LOL.  He said Kyle Orton.  That is the definition of a one year anomaly (I think he'll play decent this year for the record).  But you cannot give Orton a pass that you won't give Vick.  You're such a hyprocrite.  I'm done here.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

Whether you realize it or not, you are justifying torturing an animal for your own reasons.  Do we have to eat chickens?  Are we able to sustain ourselves on vegetable and HERBS : P

Hey crusty, when your IQ gets to 50 you should sell.  I just took a quick online test and scored 138 and that is at work so I had to be quick.  I'm no dummy.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NonChalant1. Show NonChalant1's posts

[QUOTE]Yea im what is wrong with sports fans today not the fantasy sports morons who buy into all this "second chance" bull sh*t. News flash big guy not everyone lives in the magical world you dreamed where EVERYONE gets a second chance and people just forgive everyone all the time. I live in the real world where some people have a forgive and forget philosophy and some people like me dont feel the same way. I dont give people like Mike Vick a second chance just because some a sshole on ESPN or the NFL network says I "have to". I make up my own mind and IMO Vick should be flipping burgers some where. I say the same thing about anyone and every one that does horrible things. Daunte Stallworth is a good guy but he got drunk and killed a man and if he never played in the NFL again I would be ok with that. What is funny is how you clearly just want to call anyone who hates on Vick a racist but know if you do you will get exposed as being completely full of sh*t so instead you allude to it with out actually saying it. Yea we caught that one there slick. And I dont think Kolb is better then Vick I just said IF Vick is SOOOOOOOOO much better then Kolb how come he couldnt win the starting job in camp? And I do see your point but if what you say is true which you cant prove since your not a member of that team but if it is true then Andy Reid is a bad head coach. Tom Brady is a legend and if he got out played in camp BB would take his job away. So clearly Reid was pulling for Kolb and is a bad coach for not playing the better QB. Unless your just wrong and he played the man who won the job.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]
    I didn't want to address what you thought I was referring to because topics veer off, but I couldn't help but reference it.  I already described what I was talking about in my last post so take that for what it's worth.  You think everyone who doesn't believe in your BS and doesn't hate Vick for ever is some fantasy football dude.  In the real world Michael Vick's jersey is selling again and he's getting his endorsement deals back.  In the real world, many people have forgiven him.  That's the real world.  And many didn't, but they acknowledged that he did his time and performed at a high level.  That's all I wanted you to be able to.  You don't have to like him.  I don't like Roethlisberger or LeBron or many other athletes.  But I never let it cloud my judgment of their performance.  That's the point.  Notice I never once tried to defend what he did and I won't.  He was an idiot and lost it all.  I just respect what he did on the field last year. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NonChalant1. Show NonChalant1's posts

[QUOTE]Yea Matt Ryan took the weapons that Vick had but could not win with and turned them into stars. Matt Ryan is a better QB then Mike Vick. Period. Roddy White looked like a bust with Vick throwing him the ball and with Ryan as his QB he is being called by some the best WR in football. Vick had one good season last year but he cant stay healthy so there are plenty of other QB's in the NFC I would take over him.
    And I quote, "I didn't really take football serious and try when Mike was here." - Roddy White.

There is your answer.  And Ryan never played with Alge Crumpler and then an assortment of bums like Price, Finneran, etc.  He also didn't play under the idiot coach that Vick did and in a poor system.  Matt Ryan fell into a great place.  Matt Ryan is not better than Michael Vick in any capacity however.  Michael Vick on Atlanta is not who I'm vouching for.  I'm vouching for Michael Vick in Philly.  If he plays like that again, Ryan isn't in his stratosphere. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FLY2K. Show FLY2K's posts

[QUOTE]All I see is a bunch of bitter people with sour grapes who hate Michael Vick.  You're running around saying he's dumb and has a low IQ, etc.  It's obvious you hate the guy and that's what it's really all about.  You should have no say in any discussion regarding the guy.  He was never taught how to paly QB in Atlanta and wasn't expected to.  This guy is playing behind a terrible O-Line.  That's why he's getting hurt in Philly, not because he wants to run.  Or did you forget that Kolb got hurt too?  Did you forget how average Kolb looked in his starts and how Vick completely outplayed him?  Did you forget that Andy Reid basically had to be forced to start Vick when it was obvious he was better? You guys sound like clowns and haters at the same time.  All this garbage about how people know he's a low IQ QB and all that trash...it's borderline offensive and it's way past critiquing a player.  Those "everybodies" voted Vick as one of the 20 or so best players in the league?  Those same guys that voted Brady as number 1?  Are you so ready to dismiss their judgment?  Vick's best games did come against bad competition, but his worst games also came against teams that were completely destroying his O-Line.  Vick is going to get annihilated tis year unless he starts making choices as fast as Aaron Rodgers.  As for the contract Vick got, look at Kolb's deal.  No one is going to give Vick a worse deal than the guy you traded to keep him and declared him better than.  It's really that simple.  There aren't 10 QBs in the league better than Vick.  Might not be 6.  Look at the NFC.  Brees, Rodgers and then who else is exactly better than him in his conference?  Exactly.
    Posted by NonChalant1[/QUOTE]

I love the Pats, but this true. What has Kolb done?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

Leaving out the dog issue, Mike Vick pure and simple is not worth this amount of money.  He is not and will never be in the elite status of QB's in this league.  I am not saying he is awful but 100 million, 16 a year is an elite status contract.  He is not at that level. 

My opinion but I think he peaked last year.  I think he caught alot of teams by surprise last year who thought he would be rusty.  We shall see...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NonChalant1. Show NonChalant1's posts

[QUOTE]If that is all you are asking then I can do that. Im not think headed. Mike Vick has incredible talent, he looked great last year and showed that he has what it takes to play well again. He was better then he was in Atlanta. With that said ONE SEASON does not make him elite. He has not won a championship or even come close and there is no proof he can have the same kind of season or even stay healthy this upcoming year like he did last year. People are too quick to crown this guy because the ESPN's and NFL's networks are pushing it because they want his jersey to sell. Im not shocked his jersey is selling again and he is getting endorsements, thats been the NFLs agenda since day one. And with that and combine in the fantasy football guys who will love him for his fantasy stats no matter what and people have jumped the gun to crown this guy. Like I said he is a great talent but he is not as great as some would have you believe. Now if i can admit he is a great athlete with loads of talent you should be able to admit that even if just a little bit he is overrated.
    He is a bit overrated.  He's certainly not top 5 and you can't make him elite off of one year.  That's true.  In his first preseason game, he looked like the old Vick.  But at the same time, his O-line sucks and he's attempting to force things.  QBs do things like that when they're uncomfortable.  I'm not a fan of Reid's scheming either.  I remember this guy used to send 5 out wide on 3 and 1 and have multiple go routes out there.  He'll get Mike killed with that big play offense without an O-Line capable of it.  That's why I don't believe in the Eagles.  That O-line.

Finally, to address the "race issue".  I wasn't saying you guys didn't like Vick because he was black.  I was saying that because he doesn't have the clean-cut persona and always dressed and spoke a certain way...he didn't endear himself to a lot of people.  I feel like his look impacts stuff as well.  I remember Vick getting shyt in ATL way before the Dogs and it was due a lot to how he carried himself.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vick gets 6 yr 100M deal : Of course you did! Those aren't official tests, dumbo. Feel even more dumb yet?
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Thats funny you say that because I usually do feel dumber after chatting with you.  And it is not because I am blown away by your acumen.  I just checked my desk drawers and no "official" IQ tests so looks like you are out of luck.  But really, once yours gets above 50, SELL!!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhllyPhn1967. Show PhllyPhn1967's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vick gets 6 yr 100M deal : I don't know any knowledgeable person that believes Matt Ryan deserves to be in convo of the top 6 or 7 QBs in the NFL.  Cut that BS out.  Matt Ryan manages games.  He doesn't win them.  The occassional heroics against a very poor Ravens defense don't dispute that.  Don't ever compare him to Aaron Rodgers.  He does not have the same tools or abilities.  If he was on the Packers they would've won 8 games last year because he would not be dominate behind that line.  Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco compose the new generation of overrated QBs.  He's not much better than Schaub if at all.  It's obvious that you like the guy and you let that affect how you judge him.  I'm referring to the Michael Vick I saw last year.  If last year was an aberration then you have a point.  But if it wasn't then it's irrelevant.  What good are Vick's career stats in a discussion when all of his hype last year was based on how he was nothing like he used to be?  All these statements are assuming he continues on as he was last.  If I'm discussing who the best player in the NBA is right now, will I use Derrick Rose's rookie numbers to tell you what type of player he is right now?  You latch onto this type of logic because without it then you have nothing.  The argument you should've made was that last year was a fluke, but instead you keep acting like it didn't happen.  Furthermore, I didn't say you were racist.  What I was getting at has more to do with image, but I won't veer into that.  But here's a caveat:  Bringing up Josh Freeman proves nothing.  Many an individual has said, "How can I be racist, I have a black friend." And of course they were indeed racist.  That was the equivalent of that statement.  But let's not disgress.  How is Vick a poor leader when his entire team swears by him?  Do you hear yourself?  How can you project Matt Ryan's season based on last year, but refuse to project Vick's based on last year?  Please stop. LOL.  He said Kyle Orton.  That is the definition of a one year anomaly (I think he'll play decent this year for the record).  But you cannot give Orton a pass that you won't give Vick.  You're such a hyprocrite.  I'm done here.
    Posted by NonChalant1[/QUOTE]

Well said, but it only counts when teammates back up Tom Brady, even if he does wear womens underwear.

In regards to your comments on Vick he has developed to be a better pocket passer and it is up to Mudd to now give him a line that will push off the line of scrimmage and give him the drop time he needs to get the ball out. Vick passing the ball has never been the question, he has a very good arm and can put the ball out there on a line, or with touch. The fact that he has guys like Maclin and Jackson only increase his value to stay in the pockey, as well as having McCoy to catch the screen out of the backfield.

Personally I think this is the year that teams get to Brady and not Vick. The Pats O-line is still suspect and when teams can apply the rush up the middle Brady get stuck without having good lateral mobility or able to get around the edges. Watch for teams to start sending more pressure on both sides of the nose tackle and without a significant deep threat matchup up on one-to-one coverage outside. It is not like Branch is going to beat anyone deep, and Ocho Cinco is a lost sheep in NE, tweeting from the dark. Pats are maybe a playoff team with a 10-6 record in the AFC.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhllyPhn1967. Show PhllyPhn1967's posts

[QUOTE]I agree that Oline is going to get Vick to scramble outside the pocket and at some point take a huge hit and be placed on IR cause they are not messing with concussions anymore. And Vince Young is not winning that team a title. The Eagles wont make it to the super bowl the way they think they will.

More than likely Brady gets his legs broken trying to scramble out of the pocket in his Uggs.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

dont go to the uggs man....people get nasty around here about them uggs...

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

WAY to much monay for Vick. How long before he loses all of it again?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhllyPhn1967. Show PhllyPhn1967's posts

You're right, this just screams all man...

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

No one handed him a starting spot and no one felt bad for him when he came back. 

I got a little problem with that. The whole league felt sorry for him. Otherwise how could a guy that rode the pine get come back player of the year over a guy that got his MCL and ACL tore out of him the year before. What exactly did he do to be a come back player of the year? Get out of the federal pen?

I think your wrong about Matt Ryan. You think he's a game manager? You watch this season how well he does. Maybe Vick can rush for more but at the end of the season lest look at the real passing stats.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NonChalant1. Show NonChalant1's posts

[QUOTE] No one handed him a starting spot and no one felt bad for him when he came back.   I got a little problem with that. The whole league felt sorry for him. Otherwise how could a guy that rode the pine get come back player of the year over a guy that got his MCL and ACL tore out of him the year before. What exactly did he do to be a come back player of the year? Get out of the federal pen? I think your wrong about Matt Ryan. You think he's a game manager? You watch this season how well he does. Maybe Vick can rush for more but at the end of the season lest look at the real passing stats.
    Posted by Philskiw1[/QUOTE]
    Man, I've maintained that he and Flacco were overrated since they were rookies.  I could go on all day about that.  Let's see if he proves me wrong, but more than likely his team will win games...he'll make one big throw and get all the credit.  I also don't think Vick won come back player of the year his first year back.  I'm pretty sure he won it last year, but I could be wrong.  You really couldn't give it to anyone but him last year.

25. This post has been removed.