Vick getting married?????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogbones. Show dogbones's posts

Vick getting married?????

Vick pretends remorse just so he can make a living. On tv last night he said and I quote, " I don't know why; I don't understand my actions." This guy doesn't need football, he needs some serious therapy. For all those who say he did his time and should be given a second chance please read below and then ask yourself if you would let your daughter or grand daughter marry this guy. If you question my statement then ask your wife for her thoughts.

All thoughts welcme.

Dr Randall Lockwood, a psychologist and senior vice president of the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, says that historically dog fighters did not see the dogs as sentient, feeling creatures, but did profess to care for them.

However, he says, there seems to have been a shift recently towards more brutal and vengeful treatment of the animals as dog fighting has been increasingly adopted by gang culture.

"Part of the psychology of dog fighting is the same as other forms of animal cruelty - a lot of it is about power and control," he said.

Add to this the dog fighter's identification with his animal in the ring - and desire to win "bragging rights" - and the scope for violence is great.

"The dog fighter sees his dog's victory as having a direct reflection on his strength and manliness, which I think is one of the reasons that we see brutal treatment of animals that don't perform well," Dr Lockwood said.

"The failure of the animal is seen as a personal failure, an embarrassment, and something where you need to prove your strength and dominance by getting even."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FLACFAN. Show FLACFAN's posts

Re: Vick getting married?????

In Response to Vick getting married?????:
    Vick pretends remorse just so he can make a living. On tv last night he said and I quote, " I don't know why; I don't understand my actions." This guy doesn't need football, he needs some serious therapy. For all those who say he did his time and should be given a second chance please read below and then ask yourself if you would let your daughter or grand daughter marry this guy. If you question my statement then ask your wife for her thoughts. All thoughts welcme. Dr Randall Lockwood, a psychologist and senior vice president of the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, says that historically dog fighters did not see the dogs as sentient, feeling creatures, but did profess to care for them. However, he says, there seems to have been a shift recently towards more brutal and vengeful treatment of the animals as dog fighting has been increasingly adopted by gang culture. "Part of the psychology of dog fighting is the same as other forms of animal cruelty - a lot of it is about power and control," he said. Add to this the dog fighter's identification with his animal in the ring - and desire to win "bragging rights" - and the scope for violence is great. "The dog fighter sees his dog's victory as having a direct reflection on his strength and manliness, which I think is one of the reasons that we see brutal treatment of animals that don't perform well," Dr Lockwood said. "The failure of the animal is seen as a personal failure, an embarrassment, and something where you need to prove your strength and dominance by getting even."
    Posted by dogbones

I hope the wife doesn't want to get a dog!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 640Toronto. Show 640Toronto's posts

get a life loser

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from N2thaIzzo. Show N2thaIzzo's posts

Please get off that man's nuts...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I think the only thing about Vick we haven't discussed is whether or not he has warts on his a#$.  All I've learned is that the opinions on this board range from the guy should be sent away for 200 years to some folks who have a serious man crush going on.  

Sections
Shortcuts