Vick Re-Signed

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Re: Vick Re-Signed

I'm guessing that Jackson deal is the max amount with incentives included? There's no way they pay him $4.5 mil unless he makes some real solid contributions, right?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I thought the Vick contract was excellent...I fail to see how anyone could see otherwise? The Eagles pulled a major coup with this contract...

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to ClarkGriswold's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

I thought the Vick contract was excellent...I fail to see how anyone could see otherwise? The Eagles pulled a major coup with this contract...

My god in heaven.

Why am I not surprised that RKrap shows himself to be a moron yet again. Renting a failed, old QB who gets hurt every year and thinks he's better than what he is, while stunting Foles's growth is a waste of time and money.

Glad I could help.

My god, do you take moron pills?

Renting for 1 year at an extremely affordable cost a player that could thrive in Kellys system. Not to mention at his new contract cost, Vick is now a valuable trade chip. Vick in essence took a $12 million dollar pay CUT!

Explain to me how this is not an excellent deal for the Eagles?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I just did! Foles looked better than Vick, but you want to waste a year? A trade chip at that money for a broken down, crappy QB? What kind of drugs do you do?

A team that needs to clear cap room is making their job worse by resigning Vick?

I thought Foles showed he might be Kevin Kolb. I am intrigued at Vick in Kellys system at $3.5 million. Pure genius by the Eagles

Just so we are clear, the Eagles after this contract with Vick have $25 million of cap space available...

Please understand the game and the cap before commenting

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I just did! Foles looked better than Vick, but you want to waste a year? A trade chip at that money for a broken down, crappy QB? What kind of drugs do you do?

A team that needs to clear cap room is making their job worse by resigning Vick?

I thought Foles showed he might be Kevin Kolb. I am intrigued at Vick in Kellys system at $3.5 million. Pure genius by the Eagles

Just so we are clear, the Eagles after this contract with Vick have $25 million of cap space available...

Please understand the game and the cap before commenting

You think that Mike Vick, with a loaded set of offensive pieces around him the last 3 years, who never produced, gets hurt every year, is basically done in this league is now a "genius" move?

bawahahaha! Yeah, real "genius"!  Just like extending Sanchez last year by the Jets, right RKrap? bwahahaah

Why would any team draft Qbs, stunt their grwoth to cater to Vick at this point?  That's genius?

Philly MISSES the playoffs in 2013, stunts Foles's growth and Chip Kelly's leash just got a little shorter.

the Eagles were playing with 2nd and 3rd string Olmen and free agent off the street olmen. Yes, I want to see Vick in Kellys system for $3.5 million, instead of the $15 million he was to receive...with a healthy OL.

Guess you backed off the cap strapped Eagles comment, and how Reid messed up the cap and BB is a cap genius, huh?

This is exactly what you said, "A team that needs to clear cap room is making their job worse by resigning Vick?"

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

maybe vick will thrive in kelly's system, but its unlikely.

as long as he is running for his life because his o-line is garbage, he wont have much success.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

as long as he is running for his life because his o-line is garbage, he wont have much success.

they have $25 million in cap space available to fix the oline. think they are looking at Vollmer at $10 million? Will the PAts match that?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

they have $25 million in cap space available to fix the oline. think they are looking at Vollmer at $10 million? Will the PAts match that?

vollmer would certainly help them....but i dont see the pats letting him go. they would still need a lot more help though even if they signed vollmer.

they built the team a.ss backwards.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Hmm, confusing. Vick signs a 100 million dollar, six year deal that doesn't come close to working out - this should of put the Eagles in "salary cap hell" for years and years to come - yet instead the Eagles get Vick to negotiate down to a one year 6 million dollar deal (with the chance to raise it to 10 million)?? How can this be with the dreaded "salary cap hell" lurking...watching...waiting, to pounce on teams that spend money?!

Makes no sense. This scary salary cap stuff is really making it so I have a hard time sleeping at night - just last night I did a running head start jump onto my bed - in fear that "salary cap hell" was going to grab my toes from under the mattress...that would of been the end of me.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I think the actual facts are $3.5 mil guaranteed, $6 mil if he plays 50% of the snaps, $9 mil if he plays 90%, and $10 mil if they win the SB

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Hmm, confusing. Vick signs a 100 million dollar, six year deal that doesn't come close to working out - this should of put the Eagles in "salary cap hell" for years and years to come - yet instead the Eagles get Vick to negotiate down to a one year 6 million dollar deal (with the chance to raise it to 10 million)?? How can this be with the dreaded "salary cap hell" lurking...watching...waiting, to pounce on teams that spend money?!

Makes no sense. This scary salary cap stuff is really making it so I have a hard time sleeping at night - just last night I did a running head start jump onto my bed - in fear that "salary cap hell" was going to grab my toes from under the mattress...that would of been the end of me.

The Eagles are $25 million under the cap, with Vicks deal and Aso's deal, which will be renegotiated. See s Rusty thinks that is salary cap hell? 

I am still waiting for someone to tell me how the Pats are not Ina salary cap dilemma? They have 3 primo free agents to sign. They have numerous complimentary plays to sign. They have about $14-15 million in cap space. on everyone says the Pats will get creative and move money, etc. I have yet to hear specifics. Who is getting cut? Ghost? Fells? Larsen? Saves peanuts. There is no one to renegotiate except Mankins ( he won't do it) and Vince ( mistake if they do). 

I would like someone (Rusty?) to lay out a plan where the Pats can sign 2 of the 3 free agents, sign Edelman, Woody and a WR or S?  And t he situation is worse next year.....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Vick stinks.  He s as fragile as Ras I.  He'll be hurt by week 8.  Then he'll cry about Howe the NFL looks the other way when he gets hit hard.  Blme it on they don't like him cause the dog fighting.  Sure the guy can run some but he stinks throwing.  Shame he didn't go to the jests

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

Vick stinks.  He s as fragile as Ras I.  He'll be hurt by week 8.  Then he'll cry about Howe the NFL looks the other way when he gets hit hard.  Blme it on they don't like him cause the dog fighting.  Sure the guy can run some but he stinks throwing.  Shame he didn't go to the jests

You could be right, but in 2010 and 2011 Vick did have a QBR of 68 and 64 respectively. Just as a comp, Foles was a 45 QBR in 7 games last year.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Rusty..the Vick deal is a solid one for the eagles. If Vick is healthy, he is very close to the type of QB Kelly likes to run his ultra fast offense. I can't see this signing as poor at all. 

On Jackson....the bills spent big on Fitzpatrick but nnpeed someone to challenge and backup...a bit steep for a backup, but not a contract that is going to flatten the bills. The Mario Williams one however ...well, maybe

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

The Eagles are $25 million under the cap, with Vicks deal and Aso's deal, which will be renegotiated. See s Rusty thinks that is salary cap hell? 

I am still waiting for someone to tell me how the Pats are not Ina salary cap dilemma? They have 3 primo free agents to sign. They have numerous complimentary plays to sign. They have about $14-15 million in cap space. on everyone says the Pats will get creative and move money, etc. I have yet to hear specifics. Who is getting cut? Ghost? Fells? Larsen? Saves peanuts. There is no one to renegotiate except Mankins ( he won't do it) and Vince ( mistake if they do). 

I would like someone (Rusty?) to lay out a plan where the Pats can sign 2 of the 3 free agents, sign Edelman, Woody and a WR or S?  And t he situation is worse next year.....

I think you have a valid point here, personally I think a mistake was made when they extended Mayo and then put him at outside linebacker where he has trouble diagnosing the play and gets blocked by tight ends (and that's when we can even get to the edge). I think that signing was a 45 million dollar mistake - especially when you draft a Hightower, have a Spikes, Nink, Fletcher...Mayo is not giving us a lot of bang for that buck. I think we could of had a cheaper alternative to his spot and spent his money better elsewhere. 

When you look around the league teams are making some rather huge cap gains by cutting old and washed up players, or players that haven't been all that productive. The only guy I think we could get rid of because of his position and cap number is Mankins, but from what I've read it won't save us much. I like Mankins, but honestly I was shocked that we paid a guard 40 million...I mean the guy is a guard! If any other team had paid a guard that much money and had him play average in the post season, hurt a knee and then spend a season struggling to recover from that injury (as you would expect) people would be laughing their brains out on here. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Tough call on Mayo mthurl. He is productive but question his big play ability. I would love to have the 2nd round of the 2010 draft back. Bb drafted spikes when Navarro bowman hung around until late in the 3rd round. Imagine him paired next to mayo and Hightower...u get speed and coverage ability. With that second they used on spikes or Cunningham, they could have had Dunlap, anof instead of Taylor price, they could have selected Eric decker. The saving grace of that draft was Gronk in round 2....however we should have walked out of that draft with Gronk, Dunlap, bowman and decker...all within striking distance. This isn't about Monday morning qb'ing, this is about talent evaluation....I don't think anyone had Cunningham or Taylor price selected as high as they went and clear cut kids within striking distance that we're thought highly of.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts