Vick Re-Signed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: Vick Re-Signed

In response to ClarkGriswold's comment:

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

Rusty..the Vick deal is a solid one for the eagles. If Vick is healthy, he is very close to the type of QB Kelly likes to run his ultra fast offense. I can't see this signing as poor at all. 

On Jackson....the bills spent big on Fitzpatrick but nnpeed someone to challenge and backup...a bit steep for a backup, but not a contract that is going to flatten the bills. The Mario Williams one however ...well, maybe

It's not solid at all. It's an NCAA coach, he'll run a gimmick offense and asking Vick to do anything outside of keeping things very simple, etc, is a mistake.  Vick has only performed well against bad defenses since his return.

Truth.

There's a reason why he sucks. To think Vick will all of a suddden rebound because of a new coach and offense is delusional.

Done. All done.  I would be incensed if I was a Philly fan.

I would be incensed if I was an Eagles fan if anyone expected Foles to run Kelly's offense. 

Right now it's Kelly's offense, and spending 3.5 mil on Vick is potentially genious. You think he is done, others think in this offense with a healthy o line it could be lethal. 

The key is 3.5 mil. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

First off, I said potentially. 

Secondly, for $3.5 mil with $25-30 mil available cap space, the Vick deal was very smart. Foles is a major question mark, or trade bait in this offense.

i recall you also pooh poohing Carrol chiming back to the league, another reminder you know nothing.

did you see Goodell was compensated to $30 mil? I guess the owners like the job he is doing in spite of your conspiracy theories. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Tough call on Mayo mthurl. He is productive but question his big play ability. I would love to have the 2nd round of the 2010 draft back. Bb drafted spikes when Navarro bowman hung around until late in the 3rd round. Imagine him paired next to mayo and Hightower...u get speed and coverage ability. With that second they used on spikes or Cunningham, they could have had Dunlap, anof instead of Taylor price, they could have selected Eric decker. The saving grace of that draft was Gronk in round 2....however we should have walked out of that draft with Gronk, Dunlap, bowman and decker...all within striking distance. This isn't about Monday morning qb'ing, this is about talent evaluation....I don't think anyone had Cunningham or Taylor price selected as high as they went and clear cut kids within striking distance that we're thought highly of.

I really don't have much problem when we miss in the draft..it happens, but the reaches I could certainly do without. Cunningham was a super reach - I was absolutely shocked when they made that selection...stunned...I though out of all the outside DE/hybrid/linebacker types, he was the worst. The Wilson pick in the second round this year was terrible in my opinion too - no value there - guy could of been had in the 5th round, and he played like a 5th rounder too. I don't mind as much when they whiff on a Ron Brace or Chung, becasue at least they were supposed to be selected where they picked them.

The Mayo contract last year to me was a mistake, I don't think solid/average/slightly above average players should be recieving 45 million dollar contracts because then you don't have money to go out and sign guys that won't miss tackles at the goal line in the most important game of the year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

Hmm, confusing. Vick signs a 100 million dollar, six year deal that doesn't come close to working out - this should of put the Eagles in "salary cap hell" for years and years to come - yet instead the Eagles get Vick to negotiate down to a one year 6 million dollar deal (with the chance to raise it to 10 million)?? How can this be with the dreaded "salary cap hell" lurking...watching...waiting, to pounce on teams that spend money?!

Makes no sense. This scary salary cap stuff is really making it so I have a hard time sleeping at night - just last night I did a running head start jump onto my bed - in fear that "salary cap hell" was going to grab my toes from under the mattress...that would of been the end of me.

The Eagles are $25 million under the cap, with Vicks deal and Aso's deal, which will be renegotiated. See s Rusty thinks that is salary cap hell? 

I am still waiting for someone to tell me how the Pats are not Ina salary cap dilemma? They have 3 primo free agents to sign. They have numerous complimentary plays to sign. They have about $14-15 million in cap space. on everyone says the Pats will get creative and move money, etc. I have yet to hear specifics. Who is getting cut? Ghost? Fells? Larsen? Saves peanuts. There is no one to renegotiate except Mankins ( he won't do it) and Vince ( mistake if they do). 

I would like someone (Rusty?) to lay out a plan where the Pats can sign 2 of the 3 free agents, sign Edelman, Woody and a WR or S?  And t he situation is worse next year.....

I would say cutting your 2 best CBs a year after letting Samuel go, no O Line, a new coach, new staff, a reshuffling of the deck, many other cuts to disrupt continuity MORE, is a cap hell, yes MORONS.

Oh my god, are you two stupid or what?

Leave it to you to pretend a carousel of personnel is a strong point in teambuilding and winning a SB.

MORONS.

Oh my god, are you two dumb. Market cornered on it. Cornered.

They are $25 mil under the cap.

i am think they renegotiate Aso, sign DRC and sign Vollmer. Peters comes back. Philly on the come back trail.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Rusty..the Vick deal is a solid one for the eagles. If Vick is healthy, he is very close to the type of QB Kelly likes to run his ultra fast offense. I can't see this signing as poor at all. 

On Jackson....the bills spent big on Fitzpatrick but nnpeed someone to challenge and backup...a bit steep for a backup, but not a contract that is going to flatten the bills. The Mario Williams one however ...well, maybe

It's not solid at all. It's an NCAA coach, he'll run a gimmick offense and asking Vick to do anything outside of keeping things very simple, etc, is a mistake.  Vick has only performed well against bad defenses since his return.

Truth.

There's a reason why he sucks. To think Vick will all of a suddden rebound because of a new coach and offense is delusional.

Done. All done.  I would be incensed if I was a Philly fan.

I would be incensed if I was an Eagles fan if anyone expected Foles to run Kelly's offense. 

Right now it's Kelly's offense, and spending 3.5 mil on Vick is potentially genious. You think he is done, others think in this offense with a healthy o line it could be lethal. 

The key is 3.5 mil. 

"genious"?  Did you call Kelly using Vick genius, but not know how to spell "genius"?  Hmm. Seems a bit odd for a guy to claim to go to Tufts, have a masters from Harvard AND be a working millionaire to not know how to spell a th grade word.

There is nothing lethal about Vick at age 33 in 2013. His whole game is centered upon his legs. I knew he was full of crap (like you), when he said he would become a pocket passer. Nope. Same panicky guy who wants to run and isn't accruate when he throws. Needs 7 seconds, a huge pocket and cannot take a hit ever, if he's to be effective.  In 3 years, he hasn't performed consistently well against a good D. His best year in 2010, he only looked good against BAD Ds. Go look at the numbers.

Chip Kelly and his ego ain't saving Mike Vick. Ain't happening.

Eagles will not make the playoffs and Vick is gone after next year, likely a back up or out of the league. Al Davis is dead so he's not going to the Raiders.

Just because he's 1 year deal is a lower cap hit than before doens't mean it's not well above market for a QB who is done on a 1 year rental. I have no idea why this guy gets a 2nd and 3rd chance like this. Does he have photos on Goodell?

I really think you are the last person in this solar system that should be evaluating/commenting on quarterbacks at this point. I think after you pronouncing Alex Smith a better player than Brady - then watched Smith get benched two weeks later to a guy that would improve his team (who you also bashed) is proof enough. If that is not proof enough we can always look at the fact that you have bashed our hall of fame QB on this site for three years straight, despite the fact that over that time he has statistically had some of the best seasons ever during that period. We can also throw in the fact that you have praised and defended a defense that has - over the last three years - been statistically one of the worst defenses in the entire NFL.

We all know Vick is nothing special, thanks.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I think we all know you're a liar, no different than Phat Rex or 42and46, where you take one word I used out, and then interchange it, attempting to hope people will believe I said what you claim I said.   There is no way all have such horrendous reading comprehension, so it's clear you're JUST like them, which is a troll and someone with severe mental issues.

I specifically brought up Alex Smith's name in 2011 as someone who, being a BETTER GAME MANAGER, was doing a better job at not throwing INTs.  This was in mid November when Brady was on pace to break his own INT rate in one season (2002).  He had 3 DROPPED INTs in one half vs the Jets, and then proceeded to come out of his coma, turning his season around, before finally collapsing in the AFC Title game and SB. This was nothing more than pointing out facts. Also, in 2012, before his concussion, Smith was player of the week in the NFC, multiple times.  If Smith was the QB in the SB for SF, they probably win it.  I highly doubt he'd have thrown that horrendous INT like Kaepernick did or played so poorly for an entire half like that.

Maybeiof Brady was as good a game manager as Smith, we win SB 46 last year and maybe do better in the postseason this year. Last time I checked 13 points in one half ain't winning postseason games in this era, pinkie.

As you can see, Brady's penchant for INTs in the postseason is a BAD THING or the NE PAtriots. It's not a good thing or irrelevant, like you seem to think it is.

Nice try attempting to regain some leverage after more recent bludgeonings, Cupcake. Now, get back to lining those muffin tins.

So you didn't say Smith was playing better than Brady two weeks before he got benched? Because you did. I could give a crap what you said about Smith in 2011, I'm talking about what you said this season - I've been mentioning your comments about what you said regarding the Smith/Brady comparision since you made it THIS SEASON. So you're not fooling anyone, everyone knows you are clueless when discussing football. Do you honestly think anyone believes a word you say when you backpedal and lie? I mean people read some of the 400 posts you do a day on here - they see the level of moron that you reside in...it's no secret. 

Hey how's the mean old salary cap treating teams that shed aging, ineffective veterans this week? I believe 4 teams have managed to shave nearly 40 million off their caps by cutting meaningless, washed up players...it took each of those teams less than a day to do it. Salary cap hell would be very mad at them if it ever found out...hey where is "salary cap hell" nowadays? Vacation?   

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

To think you are still saying you would rather have smith than Brady after smith got benched and we were 1 win from the SB for 2 straight years with this Micky mouse defense is just plain insane. 

i have tolerated and even agreed with some of your points over the years but there are 2 that you will never win on..at leat not on this board

1. Brady is the cause of our woes

2. This defense is good 

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Hmm, confusing. Vick signs a 100 million dollar, six year deal that doesn't come close to working out - this should of put the Eagles in "salary cap hell" for years and years to come - yet instead the Eagles get Vick to negotiate down to a one year 6 million dollar deal (with the chance to raise it to 10 million)?? How can this be with the dreaded "salary cap hell" lurking...watching...waiting, to pounce on teams that spend money?!

Makes no sense. This scary salary cap stuff is really making it so I have a hard time sleeping at night - just last night I did a running head start jump onto my bed - in fear that "salary cap hell" was going to grab my toes from under the mattress...that would of been the end of me.

The Eagles are $25 million under the cap, with Vicks deal and Aso's deal, which will be renegotiated. See s Rusty thinks that is salary cap hell? 

I am still waiting for someone to tell me how the Pats are not Ina salary cap dilemma? They have 3 primo free agents to sign. They have numerous complimentary plays to sign. They have about $14-15 million in cap space. on everyone says the Pats will get creative and move money, etc. I have yet to hear specifics. Who is getting cut? Ghost? Fells? Larsen? Saves peanuts. There is no one to renegotiate except Mankins ( he won't do it) and Vince ( mistake if they do). 

I would like someone (Rusty?) to lay out a plan where the Pats can sign 2 of the 3 free agents, sign Edelman, Woody and a WR or S?  And t he situation is worse next year.....

I would say cutting your 2 best CBs a year after letting Samuel go, no O Line, a new coach, new staff, a reshuffling of the deck, many other cuts to disrupt continuity MORE, is a cap hell, yes MORONS.

Oh my god, are you two stupid or what?

Leave it to you to pretend a carousel of personnel is a strong point in teambuilding and winning a SB.

MORONS.

Oh my god, are you two dumb. Market cornered on it. Cornered.

They are $25 mil under the cap.

i am think they renegotiate Aso, sign DRC and sign Vollmer. Peters comes back. Philly on the come back trail.

"I am think", huh?  We at the board here suggest you don't think. That's step #1 for you. You're way too daft to be doing that much thinking. Your thinking is polluting our brains on the board.

Tell us, how do you know all these players will "renegotiate"?  Awfully convenient for you to think that about players on these other teams will do so like you're their agent, but when it's suggested that a Pats player might, you swoop in like you're their agent and tell us definitively, there is no chance. 

Tell us, how is Mike Lombardi doing with the Jets so far?   Does he feel it's a "dream job" still?

iPad spell check, not my grammar. Do you know what an iPad is.

a player will renegotiate if he (a) gets additional funds, (b) wants to avoid being cut knowing he wants to play for that team.

Aso will be cut if he doesn't renegotiate( just like Vick). 

I have only mentioned Mankins won't renegotiate. Vince will, but it will be a bad move, and Brady can't.

I also think Mangold, D'Brick, Holmes renegotiate. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I think we all know you're a liar, no different than Phat Rex or 42and46, where you take one word I used out, and then interchange it, attempting to hope people will believe I said what you claim I said.   There is no way all have such horrendous reading comprehension, so it's clear you're JUST like them, which is a troll and someone with severe mental issues.

I specifically brought up Alex Smith's name in 2011 as someone who, being a BETTER GAME MANAGER, was doing a better job at not throwing INTs.  This was in mid November when Brady was on pace to break his own INT rate in one season (2002).  He had 3 DROPPED INTs in one half vs the Jets, and then proceeded to come out of his coma, turning his season around, before finally collapsing in the AFC Title game and SB. This was nothing more than pointing out facts. Also, in 2012, before his concussion, Smith was player of the week in the NFC, multiple times.  If Smith was the QB in the SB for SF, they probably win it.  I highly doubt he'd have thrown that horrendous INT like Kaepernick did or played so poorly for an entire half like that.

Maybeiof Brady was as good a game manager as Smith, we win SB 46 last year and maybe do better in the postseason this year. Last time I checked 13 points in one half ain't winning postseason games in this era, pinkie.

As you can see, Brady's penchant for INTs in the postseason is a BAD THING or the NE PAtriots. It's not a good thing or irrelevant, like you seem to think it is.

Nice try attempting to regain some leverage after more recent bludgeonings, Cupcake. Now, get back to lining those muffin tins.

So you didn't say Smith was playing better than Brady two weeks before he got benched? Because you did. I could give a crap what you said about Smith in 2011, I'm talking about what you said this season - I've been mentioning your comments about what you said regarding the Smith/Brady comparision since you made it THIS SEASON. So you're not fooling anyone, everyone knows you are clueless when discussing football. Do you honestly think anyone believes a word you say when you backpedal and lie? I mean people read some of the 400 posts you do a day on here - they see the level of moron that you reside in...it's no secret. 

Hey how's the mean old salary cap treating teams that shed aging, ineffective veterans this week? I believe 4 teams have managed to shave nearly 40 million off their caps by cutting meaningless, washed up players...it took each of those teams less than a day to do it. Salary cap hell would be very mad at them if it ever found out...hey where is "salary cap hell" nowadays? Vacation?   

No, I didn't. I said Smith was a better game manager.  He is. Period.  Also, he wasn't "benched", moron. He sustained a concussion.  How is Smith clearly managing games better than Brady a "backpedal or a lie"?  Explain that, professor Cupcake.

As for the salary cap stuff you don't get and never will.  The fact you refuse to understand such a basic concept is disturbing for an adult.

Why is it a good thing for teams to be switching out players at such high rates, losing continuity every year? That's what salary cap hell means, you moron!

It's NFL rule to get yourself under a cap, so the debate has never about physically doing that, you idiot. Oh my, are you dumb.

Do you think the 2011 defensing CB Champ Packers or the 2012 Saints Ds became so bad because they didn't lose 4 starters off their defense at once?  THAT IS WHY they became bad overnight, you idiot.  Holy crap are you dumb.

The same thing will happen to a team like Giants who will lose guys they counted on. They won't get better by losing guys they counted on in their system.  Duh.

GB and NOs had to bring in brand new people because they had no one in their pipeline they trusted. How did their Ds, do, dummy?  Not so good! Continuity issues.  Roman Harper apparently forgot how to play D.  Or did he?  Maybe it was 4 new players around him trying to gain a chemistry?

Yep, I think that's it. Yes, I KNOW that's it. People who know the game get stuff like this. You, are a pink hat, new to the game, and don't.

Leave it to you for the bare bones knowledge of a team sport to fly right over your head WHILE you showcase an arrogance, pretending you think you know more than those who CLEARLy know more than you do.

Anyone reading this is embarrassed for you and RKarp being totally schooled by someone 15 years younger than you.

You can comment on my spelling, bring up Lombardi, and put words in my mouth regarding Sanchez. That's fine, because everyone knows you are a liar.

but don't attempt to discuss salary cap with me. It is embarrassingly obvious you are absolutely clueless. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Uh oh folks!! Rusty is out there spell checking again! This happens when he hopelessly starts losing arguments, so if you need anything spell checked now is your chance.

Hey rust, explain to me again what "salary cap hell" means - you got me all confused when you now call it players leaving teams...a lack of continuity, etc. Geez, that's all it means? Players leaving, players coming, players going?? Oh please elaborate further, because I always thought it was how you used to describe it...teams not being able to keep key young players, teams not being able to sign anyone, teams going out of business, the NFL closing it's doors because no one knew how to manage their company quite well enough...all these cap managaers being dumb, etc. Now it's about continuity?

Tell me, how many players out of the 53 that were on our first Super Bowl winning team - were not on our second Super Bowl winning team 2 years later? 30? How many from the first Super Bowl to our last? 40? Geez, that's a lot of guys! Wow! We must of been in "salary cap hel", maybe we can go back to salary cap hell, when we used to have a good defense.

You aren't very bright, but at least you're not afraid to embarrass yourself on a daily basis. Personally I'd stick to restocking the tylenol at Rite Aid if I was you, but that's just me:) 

Hey run a quick spell checky over this for me, will you bud?

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

First off, I said potentially. 

Secondly, for $3.5 mil with $25-30 mil available cap space, the Vick deal was very smart. Foles is a major question mark, or trade bait in this offense.

i recall you also pooh poohing Carrol chiming back to the league, another reminder you know nothing.

did you see Goodell was compensated to $30 mil? I guess the owners like the job he is doing in spite of your conspiracy theories. 

Pete Carroll will never win a SB.  I am glad you think that bozo is NFL material. Most humans do not.

The owners DO like the job Goodell is doing. The league makes more and more every year.  I never said anytihng different.  I knew who would win that new CBA deal. Had it nailed, across the board.

I'm 25 steps ahead of you on all of this and you're too dumb to realize it. Hilarious.

You just posted an article by Pat Kirwan stating the Seahawks are in the best spot to win the SB and you refer to it as fact, yehe now you state Carrol will win nothing. Carroll-bozo ( your words) , not NFL material- your words. Yet Kirwan, whom you quote as genious says the Hawks are the number 1 team to win it all.

you can't keep up with all of your lies and drivel!

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Hello, my name is rusty....have I mentioned my love for Pete Carroll lately? Oh, allow me to do so now. Evidently my good friend Pat Kirwan agrees with me that Seattle and pistol pete are A number 1 in terms of this whole team building/salary cap management stuff. Now this has to be true because Pat used to be a scout and he writes about football - now I know in the past I may of bashed pistol Pete, but no longer...not anymore. In fact I consider him to be better than Lombardi (a man I truly love) and of course Belichick himself.

The End.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Hello, my name is rusty....have I mentioned my love for Pete Carroll lately? Oh, allow me to do so now. Evidently my good friend Pat Kirwan agrees with me that Seattle and pistol pete are A number 1 in terms of this whole team building/salary cap management stuff. Now this has to be true because Pat used to be a scout and he writes about football - now I know in the past I may of bashed pistol Pete, but no longer...not anymore. In fact I consider him to be better than Lombardi (a man I truly love) and of course Belichick himself.

The End.

Pete Carroll just got there 2 years ago and isn't the GM anyway.  So, you and RKarp. Are you two related because you both really lack the ability to understand basic concepts.   Head coaches are not GMs.

Your attempts at being witty and sarcastic are failing miserably. Counter Kirwan's analysis or continue to look like the fool you are.

What I will counter with is the names of washed up free agent veterans that teams will be kicking to the side of the road like they were yesterday's garbage - those signings that you said would land teams in "salary cap hell". That is what I will be countering with. Ano I also will throw in exactly what a team is saving (cap wise) and what they are losing (an old, washed up player). I also will comment on just how quickly and painlessly this is done, because this is what you have been saying couldn't be done for years. This is the "salary cap hell" you created in your own twisted little mind.

Right now we are at 40 million in cap saving for four teams that released five old and underperforming players that gave their teams 3-5 years of good service. Last year you said that couldn't be done...it happened then...it happens now...it will happen in another ten minutes.

25. This post has been removed.