'Vick Should Have Been Executed For Killing Dogs'

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from elmatador1225. Show elmatador1225's posts

'Vick Should Have Been Executed For Killing Dogs'

“I’m a Christian, I’ve made mistakes myself, I believe fervently in second chances” said Carlson. “But Michael Vick killed dogs, and he did in a heartless and cruel way. I think, personally, he should have been executed for that.”

This is the quote that Tucker Carlson gave on a Fox News program.  How ignorant can one person/one network become?  I am very uninterested in whatever Fox News has to say or put on the air, but I could not turn away from this comment.  As many know, Fox News is openly conservative, and seem to make ridiculous statements on a regular basis (Bill O'Reilly).

This quote came about after the discussion of President Obama's comments on commending the Eagles for giving Vick a second chance.  The guy is trying to right his wrongs, and I think that most of us agree that Vick was tremendously wrong during his dog fighting days.  I think that he deserves his chance and is doing all the right things in his new opportunity.

This is just as bad in my eyes as what Jemelle Hill said on ESPN about Black vs White Quarterbacks.  Tucker Carlson should be more cautious in comments, considering he is representing and associating with a very large news cooperation.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Re: 'Vick Should Have Been Executed For Killing Dogs'

It is Carlson's comments should be executed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from elmatador1225. Show elmatador1225's posts

In Response to Re: 'Vick Should Have Been Executed For Killing Dogs':
    [QUOTE]It is Carlson's comments should be executed.
    Posted by NYC[/QUOTE]

I just don't understand how a "NEWS" cooperation could allow so many poor choice comments on the air. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chaucer. Show chaucer's posts

Carlson's real target is President Obama for calling Jeffrey Lurie about Vick and about environmental issues related to his stadium.  I'm sure he loathes Vick too but his political convictions (such as they are) are stronger than his ethical or moral values.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

You think that's bad . . .

NPR -- which is supported by your tax dollars -- airs the opinions of one Nina Totenberg, who seems to think it's perfectly okay to wish AIDS upon the families of people she doesn't like.

Of course, there's a better place to discuss this kind of thing, if that's what you really want to do.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Clearly an over the top and dumb statement just as Jamele Hill's statements are dumb.

I don't know what being a Christian has to do with not liking Vick, but I am pretty sure wanting him executed for executing dogs, is a little over the top.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]You think that's bad . . . NPR -- which is supported by your tax dollars -- airs the opinions of one Nina Totenberg, who seems to think it's perfectly okay to wish AIDS upon the families of people she doesn't like. Of course, there's a better place to discuss this kind of thing, if that's what you really want to do.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

Each side has their buffoons.  It's all about a target audience and money. That's why it's best not to listen to that junk.

It's embarrassing.

I shouldn't be more intelliegent than the tool or toolette trying to lecture me. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

I just don't understand how a "NEWS" cooperation could allow so many poor choice comments on the air.

You must watch MSNBC apparently. Their all about the "news". Obama news. Bill OReilly is a pretty fair guy if you ask me.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from helterskelter. Show helterskelter's posts

Generally liberals like animals more than humans.maybe carlson is getting ready to come out of the colset and dump his wife for a dog ,whale ,cow  whatever.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from elmatador1225. Show elmatador1225's posts

[QUOTE]I just don't understand how a "NEWS" cooperation could allow so many poor choice comments on the air. You must watch MSNBC apparently. Their all about the "news". Obama news. Bill OReilly is a pretty fair guy if you ask me.
    Posted by Philskiw[/QUOTE]

Honestly I try as hard as I can to avoid all major news agencies, because they are floating to one side or the other.  O'Reilly has some of his shows that are okay, but I have seen many things where his views are not that of a news cooperation.  They are very one sided, and if you are on the other side you not only hate his views, but hate our goverenment and nation as a whole.

Either way, this is a news station.  Why have the FAIR program (Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting)?  This just shouldn't be said on a major news network, just like Jemelle Hill's statements shouldn't have been put on ESPN.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from elmatador1225. Show elmatador1225's posts

[QUOTE]He only wanted to take the opposite side of Obama on a subject, the subject didnt matter just that he was on the other side of Obama that is all that matters to those people so its a bogus comment. Do I think Vick should have been executed? No way, its not a death sentence to kill a dog. But do I think he should get the second chance he has been given? No way no how. I am not on the same page as you, sorry but Vick shouldnt even be in the NFL right now. Not everyone buys into the "redemption" bull sh*t ESPN is selling.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

And I think that everyone would have been okay if Carlson said that he didn't feel that Vick was allowed to be back in the NFL.  That is an understandable and arguable statement for both sides.  Unfortunately, he stated that Vick should be executed for his actions, which seems to be a tad extreme.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Find me a newschannel that is really fair and unbiased and I'll show you a recipe for bad ratings.  No one likes common sense, it's all about the controversy whether liberal or conservative.  I avoid both extremes like the plague. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

If they tried to convict Vick of murder he would have pled down to 2nd degree Dog Slaughter easy. The liberals only execute people for Killing Polar Bears and Whales and Green Peace doesn't go after Dogmacidal maniacs....Yet.

From the sounds of it you have no problem with MSNBC..Here is an instant classic by Ed Schultz this past year. How do you feel about Ed threatining to burn MSNBC. Personally I thought it was one of the most intelligent things he ever said but it was a little hateful don't you think. I guess there's plenty to go around.

Ed Schultz had a fiery meltdown earlier this month at MSNBC, the www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/ed_show_host_goes_bonkers_F3ro1dhul7uLClp5TJoCzI" target="_hplink">New York Post's Page Six reports.

The host of the network's 6PM show reportedly freaked over the lack of promotion the network gives him and his show.

"I'm going to torch this [bleep]ing place," Schultz is quoted as saying on a phone call in the studio. "[Bleep]ers!" he is said to have shouted upon slamming the phone down.

According to a Page Six source, Schultz "was furious the network was running election-night promos and he wasn't in them."

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]He only wanted to take the opposite side of Obama on a subject, the subject didnt matter just that he was on the other side of Obama that is all that matters to those people so its a bogus comment. Do I think Vick should have been executed? No way, its not a death sentence to kill a dog. But do I think he should get the second chance he has been given? No way no how. I am not on the same page as you, sorry but Vick shouldnt even be in the NFL right now. Not everyone buys into the "redemption" bull sh*t ESPN is selling.

Sorry Killa, I know people of faith do not own the trademark on redemption, but you still got me chuckling on this...an atheist saying not everyone buys into redemption lol.

Tucker Carlson is just a right-wing nut job; as bad as some of the left-wing nut jobs on the other networks.  Extremists are capturing all of the news lately.  The majority of us on the left or right are moderate.  Of course, my favorite football team sits right in the heart of another area that is out of touch with the majority of America...not as bad as the Bay Area of CA though.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 'Vick Should Have Been Executed For Killing Dogs' : Each side has their buffoons.  It's all about a target audience and money. That's why it's best not to listen to that junk. It's embarrassing. I shouldn't be more intelliegent than the tool or toolette trying to lecture me. 
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

It's easy to tell when you are talking to a left or right wing nut case.  They will be the ones who swear it's only the only side that has buffoons, lies, plays politics, etc.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

I'm with you on this one killa.  People who did the kinds of things he did to animals mean somethings not wired right in the head.  Serial killers start out that way (torturing animals).  He's still a POS in my book and always wil be. And you're right about the man just wanting to go against whatever Obama says.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

And for what it's worth, I'm probably more moderate than liberal and not a big fan of Obama either.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I love dogs and I think what Vick did was wrong, but I'll never put an animals life on par with a human being. Every time I eat a burger I'd be a hypocrite. Every time I wear my leather jacket I'll feel like a hypocrite. Dude did his time, it's over. The only way he can redeem himself and be the best human he can be. 

Don't think he should get a dog though, he just has to explain to his kid what he did and why he can't have a puppy. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]Find me a newschannel that is really fair and unbiased and I'll show you a recipe for bad ratings.  No one likes common sense, it's all about the controversy whether liberal or conservative.  I avoid both extremes like the plague. 
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn[/QUOTE]

Maybe the best political post I've read here!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from WCPatsFan. Show WCPatsFan's posts

I hold dogs in more regard than most liberals from New England.....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 'Vick Should Have Been Executed For Killing Dogs' : I'm with you on this one killa.  People who did the kinds of things he did to animals mean somethings not wired right in the head.  Serial killers start out that way (torturing animals).  He's still a POS in my book and always wil be. And you're right about the man just wanting to go against whatever Obama says.
    Posted by Salcon[/QUOTE]

I agree. Frankly, it's beyond awkward to me some people act like he made a "mistake", and call it that.

Making a mistake is having some drinks and driving home over the limit. Or, falling out of love and cheating on your wife/husband.

Those are "mistakes".

A calculating torture chamber for dogs is not a "mistake".   Jeffrey Dahmer started off by torturing animals for entertainment, too.

I suppose Heinrich Himmler made a "mistake"?  And no, I am not comparing humans and dogs, but it's about control, power, ego and evil. That's what it's about.

This is a clear case of Roger Goodell selling his soul, when on principle, Vick should have been a lifetime ban to set a precedent for players who are part of such extreme violations of the law.

Vick could have made a living in the Arena League or CFL, if they wanted him there.

It's about intent and what the crime is, v.s. pretending this guy "did his time".

I'd spend 18 months in jail if I knew I could make the money he makes per year.

It's a flat out JOKE.  I love how Goodell acts all high and mighty, but then turns around and contradicts what he says.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 'Vick Should Have Been Executed For Killing Dogs' : I just don't understand how a "NEWS" cooperation could allow so many poor choice comments on the air. 
    Posted by elmatador1225[/QUOTE]

Ask abc, cbs, nbc, and somewhat CNN and of course the wonderfull msnbc and all three viewers.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from #1XpeRT. Show #1XpeRT's posts

In Response to 'Vick Should Have Been Executed For Killing Dogs':
    [QUOTE]“I’m a Christian, I’ve made mistakes myself, I believe fervently in second chances” said Carlson. “But Michael Vick killed dogs, and he did in a heartless and cruel way. I think, personally, he should have been executed for that.” This is the quote that Tucker Carlson gave on a Fox News program.  How ignorant can one person/one network become?  I am very uninterested in whatever Fox News has to say or put on the air, but I could not turn away from this comment.  As many know, Fox News is openly conservative, and seem to make ridiculous statements on a regular basis (Bill O'Reilly). This quote came about after the discussion of President Obama's comments on commending the Eagles for giving Vick a second chance.  The guy is trying to right his wrongs, and I think that most of us agree that Vick was tremendously wrong during his dog fighting days.  I think that he deserves his chance and is doing all the right things in his new opportunity. This is just as bad in my eyes as what Jemelle Hill said on ESPN about Black vs White Quarterbacks.  Tucker Carlson should be more cautious in comments, considering he is representing and associating with a very large news cooperation.
    Posted by elmatador1225[/QUOTE]

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]... Not everyone buys into the "redemption" bull sh*t ESPN is selling.

Agreed, not sure what Vick has done to be "redeemed"? Wonder if all these apologists, Obama included, would care one bit about Mike Vick if Kevin Kolb was the starter in Philly.

It will interesting to see what Philly does with him. It's a bit risky if you ask me, to make him the centerpiece of your franchise a la Brady and Manning. He's a convicted felon on probation, he still owes millions in the bankruptcy case and he's a proven punk. Would you give him $40 mil of your cash in guaranteed dough?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

I'll wager many dog owners wouldn't be so easy on Vick if he had tortured and killed their dog(s).

Sections
Shortcuts