Vick to Replace Sanchez?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Vick to Replace Sanchez?

Just when you thought that the laughs coming to us from the Gotham Greenies was about to finally come to a close, I read today that the Jets are planning to trade QB Mark Sanchez, and bring in turnover machine Michael Vick, from the Eagles. I kid you not: http://tracking.si.com/2012/12/20/mark-sanchez-trade-jets-michael-vick/?sct=obnetwork

I'm sure that our gold mine pal Leon will be excited over the news!

LOL!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: Vick to Replace Sanchez?

How the heck could they trade Sanchez and have any cap flexibility.  No team is going to take him unless the Jets pony up cash or take on some other bad contract.  I don't see it unless Vick is willing to take a huge pay cut which I doubt he will unless he has to and I imagine some other team will be willing to pony up more.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I really think Alex Smith will be going to the Jets which sucks because I like Alex Smith.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

I really think Alex Smith will be going to the Jets which sucks because I like Alex Smith.

Smith is what Rex wanted Sanchez to be

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

The laughs just continue.  I don't know if TexasPat posted this some place else or not seeing that he gets the scoop on everything stupid the Jets do.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/14/glat-could-be-a-factor-in-jets-struggles-to-fill-g-m-job/

That organization is an absolute mess.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

Just when you thought that the laughs coming to us from the Gotham Greenies was about to finally come to a close, I read today that the Jets are planning to trade QB Mark Sanchez, and bring in turnover machine Michael Vick, from the Eagles. I kid you not: http://tracking.si.com/2012/12/20/mark-sanchez-trade-jets-michael-vick/?sct=obnetwork

LOL!!!

They better get a quality backup then since Vick is only good for half the games every season.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

It will be exciting when they both play for NJ.  Ha ha you think Tebow was a controversy   

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

probably so. they'd be dumb to brink vick-he's gone to the dogs

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Replace him as what? Clipboard manager? Or will he be their new wildcat secret weapon? Imagine.. having to prepare for both a regular offense AND a Vick offense if you play them. Wont that be tough?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I can see woody Johnson wheeling vick around in a wheel chair on the sidelines as we speak 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Because Smith became a solid, dependable game manager with some passing efficiency even if not special he would fit into the IDEA of a game manager for a defensive minded, run minded team.

He would be a more cost effective solution than a truly top of the line QB. So actually this might be a way they could consider going. The other part of this move though is that it does not resolve the biggest weaknesses in the O and D and depth that will limit their success regardless of QB. And yet it would free them up to use their first 3 picks or more on real football players.

If they want to go Rex's route of choice Smith might not be such a bad place to start.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

In response to garytx's comment:

The laughs just continue.  I don't know if TexasPat posted this some place else or not seeing that he gets the scoop on everything stupid the Jets do.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/14/glat-could-be-a-factor-in-jets-struggles-to-fill-g-m-job/

That organization is an absolute mess.

Not true!  RKarp has told us here repeatedly that Sanchez is developing well, he has great trade value, the Jets GM role is a dream job, they have cap issues they can alleviate with relative ease, their talent is very good on the roster, they don't have many FAs or contract issues, they will challenge for the wild card next year, and Mike Lombadi rejected the job because he asked for too much money.

Whew!  Did I cover it all?

Dont forget our bet. I will find you by June 1. $15 million under cap or more

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to genaro008's comment:

Smith is what Rex wanted Sanchez to be

He will definitely be traded but not sure that he would end up with the Jets.  He would be a big improvement for them over their current quarterbacks. 

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

How do the Jets afford Alex Smith?  Even if they move Sanchez out, Sanchez's 8.25 hits the books in 2013.  THat means, Alex Smith's trade value, which would need to be a 3rd rd pick the Jets can't afford to unload (could be as high as a 2nd if there is competition  with Jax and other desperate teams), has his own contract carrying over. So, you're looking at 15+ million at the QB position in 2013, a loss of a 3rd rd pick, etc.

So, their QB salary from 2012 to 2013 is going up and way up. What they should do is fire Rex, overpay for a quality GM who gets full autonomy, Woody is not involved, deal Revis or Cromartie, and turn to McElroy for next year understanding it's a lame duck kind of year. Tank any games you think you can't win and try to position yourself for a top 5 that you don't blow.

Revis needs a new deal or will need to be traded. If he goes to market post 2013, how does that give the Jets any leverage? It doesn't. Throw in the fact Rex will be fired after 2013 because they WILL NOT make the playoffs, and why would Cromartie resign there?

No matter how you slice it, NY has the worst leverage of any organization right now and predictably so, it includes their ability to hire a GM right now.

No one in their right mind would want to go there. I could walk in there tomorrow and fix their basic problems and do it cheaper than any more they're currently interviewing.

Teams always move money around to make things work.  Teams are good at doing this.  I don't see Vick going there, Rex won't know what to do with him.  Wildcat, lol!!  They can't go with Sanchez again so they gotta bring somebody in, this one makes sense.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

LOL!!!

Is this a Jets fantasy?Who do they think will pick up Sanchez? The only one I can think of is the Cowboys because their front office is just as nuts.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Rock:  I could walk in there tomorrow and fix their basic problems and do it cheaper than any more they're currently interviewing.

We knew all along you were a closet Jet troll!Let us know how the interview goes! LOL

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

The Jets will probably cut Tebow and then retrade for him again.

Sections
Shortcuts