VICK to the EAGLES!!! (unconfirmed two year deal)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Re: VICK to the EAGLES!!! (unconfirmed two year deal)

In Response to Re: VICK to the EAGLES!!! (unconfirmed two year deal):
    In Response to Re: VICK to the EAGLES!!! (unconfirmed two year deal) : BINGO! And again, Vick has shown zero remorse. He is concerned about his paycheck, not his image or what he did wrong. Vick is bad for the NFL. BOOO Ron Mexico!
    Posted by docmartin72
    he is bad for the animals also.pit bulls are actually great animals.its just sad that vick,and people like him give them a bad name,or make some of them into bad dogs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2FR8DFfr4k&feature=related

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

In Response to Re: VICK to the EAGLES!!! (unconfirmed two year deal) : lol grow up and move on
    Posted by antleite

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcQtki9Dnpg&feature=related

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from N2thaIzzo. Show N2thaIzzo's posts

Whether you agree or not, the man is back in the league.  The fact that you hate the man means nothing, so really, you are wasting your own time spewing your hatred towards him.  The man was going to get his money somehow.  It was either the NFL or back to the Bad news Kennelz... yall should be happy he's back in the NFL.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from docmartin72. Show docmartin72's posts

In Response to Re: VICK to the EAGLES!!! (unconfirmed two year deal) : he is bad for the animals also.pit bulls are actually great animals.its just sad that vick,and people like him give them a bad name,or make some of them into bad dogs. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2FR8DFfr4k&feature=related
    Posted by mosseffect43

Not sure about pits being good animals, based on the scar on my neck where one bit me 1/2 inch from my carotid, but I don't feel they should be used in dog fights.

Vick should be forced to  spend a weekend as a subject for K9 training...no pads.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

Said I wasn't going to comment anymore on this but I just wanted to add:

----> Clip of something Vick is not now nor will ever be....a real man:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_ezB96lhzc

I'm just sorry Jason won't get the chance to give Vick a fine kick in the *ss on the field this season (Miami doesn't play the Eagles this season, d*mn it)!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

To all you Vick lovers on here spewing your c rap about "moving on" get off your high horse! You are supporting a horrible human being and think you have somekind of leg up on the people who dont support him? Give me a break. Just because teh man is talented which no one is syaing he is not does not mean people should just forget. News flash people wont move on, people wont get over it, and this will be a story all season long so get used to it d*ck heads. And Vick deserves every bit of the sh*t he gets, he made this mes and now he can deal with it. He did his time that is correct but where does it say people must forgive and forget? Last time I checked people had free will and could make that choice on their own so get off your high horse, you are the ones supporting a POS simply because you like the way he plays. If this was some bum of a player you wouldnt have his back but because he is a "super star" black athalete its all "move on" or "get over it" and no people wont get over it because what he did was horrible. If you can support this guy then we can sh*t all over him. And anyone with a brain would realize that Vick has it coming. Its ok for you to back him up, you think its ok that he plays and thats fine but its also ok for us to be upset about it and to sh*t all over him when ever we feel like it. Even the people in the media who are being all PC and saying give the man a chance are also willing to ackknowledge that he made this bed and now he has to sleep in it. He ll Vick himself probally realizes that this is his fault and he will have to deal with it so the question is why do you guys think that no one should hold it against him?

Oh and by the way Vick still to this day has not spoken to the public and asked for forgiveness, he has shown no remorse what so ever. Maybe if he was sorry which he clearly is not then some people would forgive him but he clearly does not think what he did was wrong or else he would have already come out and shown some remorse but he hasnt. Cause he is just another ghetto boy who thinks he is entitled to money because he has "mad skillz". Oh im sorry was that not PC enough for you?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

I pity decent, ethical Philly fans for being handed this scumbag. The verbal lashings from the sidelines and outside stadiums will be relentless. Posted by CTLadyluvsPats

Have you even been to the Philly or the Link? There are no decent, ethical fans in Philly. Its an entire city of Andrew Dice Clays. They're without a doubt the loudest, thuggish, crudest and most obnoxious fans in the league and that's a league that includes NJ.
    I predict they'll love Vick because he's one of them! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

What's the 3rd or 4th sentence in most every article about a Pit Bull attacking someone?  "He's such a friendly dog, he's never done anything like that..."  A toddler in SoCal was just mauled by one.  The toddler pulled his tail.  The family was just your typical family and not trying to raise evil dogs.

Enough Pit talk.  I don't like Vick, never did.  Even before the dog incident he was a very rich and successful man who still clung to the hood and the hood lifestyle.  However, he's back now and there is nothing we can do about it.  I hope he uses his opportunity to turn his life around and stay on the right path.  I have my doubts though.  Character isn't a switch that you can just turn off or on as you wish.  You either have it or you don't.  Anyone can fake the funk for a short while.  We'll see how long he can stay straight.  I hope I end up wrong about him.  As I say often, I like a success story; even if it's Vick.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Some of you people are so damn stupid.  First of all how the hell does docmartin know that Vick doesn't regret anything.  Do you know him?  Secondly, he killed a few dogs, sure thats cruel and uncalled for but it happened.  Do you expect the guy to go to jail forever?  Obviously he's going to get out and go back to his job.  And he went to jail for interstate gambling not dog fighting.  And I need to get off my high horse?  I can see he's a tremendous talent who will help the Eagles, trust me this "distraction" won't affect them. 

Honestly, I, nor does anyone else really give a cr@p what you think of the guy.  He's back in the NFL and he's here to stay.  Deal with it.

p.s. He killed dogs, not people...you're all acting like he went on a rampage and killed 50 people. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from docmartin72. Show docmartin72's posts

Some of you people are so damn stupid.  First of all how the hell does docmartin know that Vick doesn't regret anything.  Do you know him?  Secondly, he killed a few dogs, sure thats cruel and uncalled for but it happened.  Do you expect the guy to go to jail forever?  Obviously he's going to get out and go back to his job.  And he went to jail for interstate gambling not dog fighting.  And I need to get off my high horse?  I can see he's a tremendous talent who will help the Eagles, trust me this "distraction" won't affect them.  Honestly, I, nor does anyone else really give a cr@p what you think of the guy.  He's back in the NFL and he's here to stay.  Deal with it. p.s. He killed dogs, not people...you're all acting like he went on a rampage and killed 50 people. 
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33

And I would ask if you are functionally retarded.

Yes he served jail time, as he should have.

However, NFL players, especially with Vick's name recognition, are looked up to by kids. And while he served time, he has not paid a penalty as far as the NFL is concerned.

What he did was a monstrous act. It shows a subhuman disregard for decency.  And he was warned many times. Also, he has been involved in a number of other things that should have gotten him banned. (Marijuana trucks and Ron Mexico, anyone?)

Lastly, this is a message board where people can say their opinions. My opinion is that you need to shut your cake hole.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from docmartin72. Show docmartin72's posts

In Response to Re: VICK to the EAGLES!!! (unconfirmed two year deal) : Have you even been to the Philly or the Link? There are no decent, ethical fans in Philly. Its an entire city of Andrew Dice Clays. They're without a doubt the loudest, thuggish, crudest and most obnoxious fans in the league and that's a league that includes NJ. I predict they'll love Vick because he's one of them! 
    Posted by unclealfie

Even worse than the Raiders?

(Granted...didn't these guys cheer when Irvin went down with what looked like a life-ending injury?)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

Vick visited the locker room the first time today and asked when he could shower with the other guys. He also traded his jersey for a carton of Newpees which he later lost in a dog-fighting bet. Practicing with QB coach Rodney Vick later stabbed the coach with a shieve he made from grinding down a plastic tootbrush. Its all good replied Rodney; we're just dog-gone glad to have him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from docmartin72. Show docmartin72's posts

Vick visited the locker room the first time today and asked when he could shower with the other guys. He also traded his jersey for a carton of Newpees which he later lost in a dog-fighting bet. Practicing with QB coach Rodney Vick later stabbed the coach with a shieve he made from grinding down a plastic tootbrush. Its all good replied Rodney; we're just dog-gone glad to have him.
    Posted by TheFantasyBaron

LMAO!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from N2thaIzzo. Show N2thaIzzo's posts

To all you Vick lovers on here spewing your c rap about "moving on" get off your high horse! You are supporting a horrible human being and think you have somekind of leg up on the people who dont support him? Give me a break. Just because teh man is talented which no one is syaing he is not does not mean people should just forget. News flash people wont move on, people wont get over it, and this will be a story all season long so get used to it d*ck heads. And Vick deserves every bit of the sh*t he gets, he made this mes and now he can deal with it. He did his time that is correct but where does it say people must forgive and forget? Last time I checked people had free will and could make that choice on their own so get off your high horse, you are the ones supporting a POS simply because you like the way he plays. If this was some bum of a player you wouldnt have his back but because he is a "super star" black athalete its all "move on" or "get over it" and no people wont get over it because what he did was horrible. If you can support this guy then we can sh*t all over him. And anyone with a brain would realize that Vick has it coming. Its ok for you to back him up, you think its ok that he plays and thats fine but its also ok for us to be upset about it and to sh*t all over him when ever we feel like it. Even the people in the media who are being all PC and saying give the man a chance are also willing to ackknowledge that he made this bed and now he has to sleep in it. He ll Vick himself probally realizes that this is his fault and he will have to deal with it so the question is why do you guys think that no one should hold it against him? Oh and by the way Vick still to this day has not spoken to the public and asked for forgiveness, he has shown no remorse what so ever. Maybe if he was sorry which he clearly is not then some people would forgive him but he clearly does not think what he did was wrong or else he would have already come out and shown some remorse but he hasnt. Cause he is just another ghetto boy who thinks he is entitled to money because he has "mad skillz". Oh im sorry was that not PC enough for you?
    Posted by MVPkilla

And you'll have to accept that people like the man and want him to succeed.  First of all, no one on earth can judge the man.  Only one person can do that and he will when it's time.  Vick doesn't have to apologize to you or anyone else.  He apologized to Goodell and that is that.  Vick owes you NOTHING.  It's fine, you don't like the man and probably never will.  But not everyone is like you and that doesn't make them any more right or wrong than you are.  People like you want him to suffer forever... get over it, he's not going to.  You don't know how ridiculous u sound spewing hatred for a man that you 1) don't even know, and 2) probably could care less about YOU just as much.  Let the man live.  What he eats don't make you sh*t. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

It is almost funny how some of these Vick lovers justifie why they have his back. "he only killed dogs" yea your right its not sick and twisted what so ever for a human being to toture and murder defenseless dogs for fun and profit. Not to mention he was teh head of a gambling enterprise. I dont know about you guys but i dont want a degenerite gambler playing the NFL.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Hey DocMartin, way to contradict yourself man.  People come on here to express their opinions yet you're telling me to shut my cake hole?  And MVPKilla, it doesn't really matter if you don't want him in the league.  He's in it and he's not leaving.  And I'm hardly a Vick supporter at all, I just disagree with what you're saying.  Just because he murdered some poor dogs I don't think he should be banned from the NFL.  And another thing, I don't care if kids look up to him, if the kids have somewhat decent parents that pay attention to them I highly doubt they'll go out and electrocute dogs because Vick did it, gimme a break.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from antleite. Show antleite's posts

It is almost funny how some of these Vick lovers justifie why they have his back. "he only killed dogs" yea your right its not sick and twisted what so ever for a human being to toture and murder defenseless dogs for fun and profit. Not to mention he was teh head of a gambling enterprise. I dont know about you guys but i dont want a degenerite gambler playing the NFL.
    Posted by MVPkilla

"live and let live", live your life and let everyone else live theirs.
     You only make a mockery of yourself when you try to judge others.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

I pity decent, ethical Philly fans for being handed this scumbag.

Good luck in finding a "decent" Eagles fan in Philly!!! But I do agree with you 1000% on your post!

You guys are HATERS!  Watch Vick improve that team.  I think the Eagles just became my 2nd favorite NFL team.

So now you're calling us names? Well, I suppose it's alright. If despising someone who tortures innocent animals for fun and profit, and wishing he not be allowed to play my favorite sport for millions is being a hater, then I agree I am one!

This is a head-scratcher right here.
    As far as this goes, I pity dragons, Sasquatch and leprechauns.
    Now who can tell me what all these things have in common?

You forgot unicorns, the Tooth F a i r y, and of course, Santa Claus (though I would indeed pity him when he visits Philly, for good reason)!!!

Oh my god, a little harsh there Laurie?  The guy hung out with the wrong crew for a while and made some mistakes, I wouldn't really call him human garbage.

The guy was the "boss" of the crew, it was his property, and if torture and murder is a "mistake", I know some paroled psycho killers who would love to move into your neighborhood and play with your children!!!

Who cares. PATS BABY!!!!!!!!!

Good way to look at it! The Eagles can have him. At least we don't have to listen to the people who wanted him in Foxboro any more!!!

It was either the NFL or back to the Bad news Kennelz... yall should be happy he's back in the NFL.

We should be happy that a criminal is in the league because that is the only thing keeping him from more crime? That doesn't even make sense coming from you!

Not sure about pits being good animals, based on the scar on my neck where one bit me 1/2 inch from my carotid, but I don't feel they should be used in dog fights.

Pit bulls are no more vicious than other dogs. It's the training that makes them that way.

Oh and by the way Vick still to this day has not spoken to the public and asked for forgiveness, he has shown no remorse what so ever. Maybe if he was sorry which he clearly is not then some people would forgive him but he clearly does not think what he did was wrong or else he would have already come out and shown some remorse but he hasnt. Cause he is just another ghetto boy who thinks he is entitled to money because he has "mad skillz". Oh im sorry was that not PC enough for you?

Well, Killa, nobody can ever accuse you of being "too PC"!!! I agree with this point, though. The only thing he's said is he "made a mistake", and he did not seem very convincing to me. It seems like he's a lot sorrier he lost millions and had to go to jail than for his actual acts. And you are right, this will be an ongoing argument all season long. We have as much right to our opinion as the bleeding hearts do to theirs! Personally, I hope the guy tanks bad and cannot get a job next season. And while I don't wish injury on any player, I wouldn't lose any sleep over him suffering one. Talented or not, I feel there is more behind his actions than simply making money or looking good to his "homeys". Anyone who commits torture on any living thing has psychological problems, but nobody has even suggested this about Vick.

Just because he murdered some poor dogs I don't think he should be banned from the NFL.

You have every right to have that opinion. But that being said, don't those of us who disagree have a right to ours? Killa may be voiceterous, but a lot of us who think Vick should be banned are not actually insulting his supporters. We'll never get a consensus here, but we should at least be civil. While you and others seem to think his deeds were not so bad because they were against dogs, some of us here look at the implications behind the acts. And there are many of us who happen to have dogs ourselves and think they are better than objects to be used for gaming then destroyed when deemed unusable. You are right, whatever any of us think matters little to the NFL. But this is a place for discussing football subjects, why shouldn't we be able to voice our displeasure here?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from passedball. Show passedball's posts

Kudos to Andy Reed for standing up and seeing the better side of people, a characteristic not many poses, and refusing to be a critic. Giving individuals a chance to redeem themselves is something all to familiar to the Reed family. Andy has made a conscience effort to be apart of the solution and not the problem. Hopefully some of the compassion show by AR and the Eagles organization can rub off on those unwilling to move on with their lives.
    Posted by antleite

Are you that blind? Andy Reed has no choice. He was forced upon him & now he has to try & keep Vick from being a distraction. The last thing any head coach wants is the circus this is going to produce. He's probably praying Vick slips up & gets sent back to jail where he belongs. Roger Goodel now has a serious issue on his hands. He screwed up once by letting Vick come back. He now needs to make sure that Vick doesn't play anytime soon.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

" "live and let live", live your life and let everyone else live theirs.  You only make a mockery of yourself when you try to judge others. " - antleite

Go f*ck yourself.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

"The guy was the "boss" of the crew, it was his property, and if torture and murder is a "mistake", I know some paroled psycho killers who would love to move into your neighborhood and play with your children!!!"

Come on Bub, obviously Vick's crimes against dogs are a little different than serial killers.  I don't think you shouldn't have an opinion, I was defending myself against people who were saying I was wrong when there is clearly no right and wrongs in this discussion.  I agree what he did was awful but I believe in second chances, him being banned by the NFL would be more absurd to me than Pete Rose getting banned for betting on HIS OWN team!  And by the way, MVPKilla, that's a solid comeback there.  Watch out, hopefully mommy doesn't catch you writing that stuff.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from paob. Show paob's posts

In Response to VICK to the EAGLES!!! (unconfirmed two year deal):
    Just heard on a sports radio station that the EAGLES have given Vick a two year deal. If anyone can confirm this, please let us all know.
    Posted by wiggy26

I said a number a weeks ago Vick would get another shot in this league and the organization that picked him up would probably be strong from top to bottom. What a coincidence that he's now in the city of brotherly love at the urging of McNab among others and on the night of Tom Brady's return. 
    If the notoriously fickle philly fans can embrace the malcontent Terrell Owens, they'll do the same for Vick and all it's going to take are a few incompletions in big games during the '09 season for those boos to change to we want Vick!

It has been noted a number of players in the NFL support Vick and believe the penalties have been sufficient if not egregious. The vitriol and support appear to be coming from we the fans of the NFL.
    I don't condone what he did, but I wish him the best of luck in this opportunity. I hope for his sake his contrition is legitimate.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Are you that blind? Andy Reed has no choice. He was forced upon him & now he has to try & keep Vick from being a distraction. The last thing any head coach wants is the circus this is going to produce.

I hadn't really heard this anywhere. I guess I just assume Reid would have some kind of say in the matter. But I could see how he might be apprehensive about it after the TO incident. I've also read that McNabb "lobbied" for them to sign Vick, but have yet to hear or read anything from McNabb himself to verify it. But Vick will probably be a distraction no matter what anyone does. You know the reporters are going to be like flies on s h i t every time Vick is present at a game. We'll see how everyone handles it.

Come on Bub, obviously Vick's crimes against dogs are a little different than serial killers.  I don't think you shouldn't have an opinion, I was defending myself against people who were saying I was wrong when there is clearly no right and wrongs in this discussion.

Not all that different. And surely that is a much more accurate comparison than to say what Vick did was not as bad as Stallworth! Donte may have "killed" a person, but it was the result of an accident. Vick maliciously tortured and killed these dogs. If it were merely a case of "disposing" of the dogs because they couldn't fight, or "putting them out of their misery" because of injury, a simple bullet in the head would have been more humane. The nature of the crime suggests there was some sort of sick pleasure in doing so. That is clearly related to acts committed by serial killer types. I'm not trying to "attack" anyone for their opinion, or claim that it is wrong. But I'd like to see people consider there may be more behind these actions than simply "running a business" (albeit an illegal one). I guess I can be too sarcastic, too.

It has been noted a number of players in the NFL support Vick and believe the penalties have been sufficient if not egregious. The vitriol and support appear to be coming from we the fans of the NFL.

Of course other players are going to support him. Besides towing the union line, they don't want a precedent that would allow Goodell from banning any player for life. That's in their own best interest. As for the fans, they have every right to either support or oppose the ruling. After all, it's us who make the whole league be such a profitable business. If nobody watched the games or bought the merchandise, they would never get the endorsements, TV contracts, and other revenues to pay these players. In reality, we are the end "consumer". I believe that gives us every right to sound off against something we feel is wrong. Like anything else, in the end it may not matter much, but that in no way lessens our right to express our opinions.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from paob. Show paob's posts

Are you that blind? Andy Reed has no choice. He was forced upon him & now he has to try & keep Vick from being a distraction. The last thing any head coach wants is the circus this is going to produce. I hadn't really heard this anywhere. I guess I just assume Reid would have some kind of say in the matter. But I could see how he might be apprehensive about it after the TO incident. I've also read that McNabb "lobbied" for them to sign Vick, but have yet to hear or read anything from McNabb himself to verify it. But Vick will probably be a distraction no matter what anyone does. You know the reporters are going to be like flies on s h i t every time Vick is present at a game. We'll see how everyone handles it. Come on Bub, obviously Vick's crimes against dogs are a little different than serial killers.  I don't think you shouldn't have an opinion, I was defending myself against people who were saying I was wrong when there is clearly no right and wrongs in this discussion. Not all that different. And surely that is a much more accurate comparison than to say what Vick did was not as bad as Stallworth! Donte may have "killed" a person, but it was the result of an accident. Vick maliciously tortured and killed these dogs. If it were merely a case of "disposing" of the dogs because they couldn't fight, or "putting them out of their misery" because of injury, a simple bullet in the head would have been more humane. The nature of the crime suggests there was some sort of sick pleasure in doing so. That is clearly related to acts committed by serial killer types. I'm not trying to "attack" anyone for their opinion, or claim that it is wrong. But I'd like to see people consider there may be more behind these actions than simply "running a business" (albeit an illegal one). I guess I can be too sarcastic, too. It has been noted a number of players in the NFL support Vick and believe the penalties have been sufficient if not egregious. The vitriol and support appear to be coming from we the fans of the NFL. Of course other players are going to support him. Besides towing the union line, they don't want a precedent that would allow Goodell from banning any player for life. That's in their own best interest. As for the fans, they have every right to either support or oppose the ruling. After all, it's us who make the whole league be such a profitable business. If nobody watched the games or bought the merchandise, they would never get the endorsements, TV contracts, and other revenues to pay these players. In reality, we are the end "consumer". I believe that gives us every right to sound off against something we feel is wrong. Like anything else, in the end it may not matter much, but that in no way lessens our right to express our opinions.
    Posted by bubthegrub2

Bub, why are you trying to preach to me?! Your closing paragraph states comments that I'm aware of. Fans of sports teams are a fickle bunch. And as I said, If Vick sees any modicum of success in Philly a majority of them (Eagles fans) are gonna conveniently forget his past mistakes.
    Enjoy your weekend.
    P. 

Sections
Shortcuts