Victor Cruz

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FLY2K. Show FLY2K's posts

Victor Cruz

What if Welker is signed by another team, would you give a 1st for Cruz?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

Re: Victor Cruz

In response to FLY2K's comment:

he'll cost money just like welker.  welker dont cost pics.  ignorant move

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to getdrunkstupit's comment:

I wouldn't say it's ignorant.

One will be 26 at the start of the next season, the other would be 32.

Both slot receivers, but both play the role differently. Cruz can stretch the field whereas Welker is probably better on the intermediate routes.

If the Pats are going to miss out on Welker and they had plans on drafting a WR in the first, I would have no problem of trading that late 1st pick for Cruz.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FLY2K. Show FLY2K's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

In response to getdrunkstupit's comment:

I wouldn't say it's ignorant.

One will be 26 at the start of the next season, the other would be 32.

Both slot receivers, but both play the role differently. Cruz can stretch the field whereas Welker is probably better on the intermediate routes.

If the Pats are going to miss out on Welker and they had plans on drafting a WR in the first, I would have no problem of trading that late 1st pick for Cruz.

I agree.. Cruz is faster and younger than Wes.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FLY2K. Show FLY2K's posts

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/257494/report-pats-considered-run-at-victor-cruz

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

I would sign Cruz in a heartbeat.  I think it's the right move even if it means giving up a 1st.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

I know Cruz is worth a first round pick but I'd hate to see them use it on a receiver. Cruz could fill a couple of needs though, he can stretch the field more than Welker and seems to be more sure handed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

Didn't Cruz lead the NFL in drops?   I'd still rather have Austin in the slot if Wes will not play for reasonable money and sign someone like Wallace to stretch the field . . .  with their tight ends, Austin, Swopes (or Wes if he signs) in the slot and Vereen underneath out of the backfield they would be just about unstopable!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

+1 tenace. Austin over Cruz. However, I doubt austin falls to 29. He may go 3-5 spots sooner. But if there, like the logic. Makes sense all the way around.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to tenace4life's comment:

Didn't Cruz lead the NFL in drops?   I'd still rather have Austin in the slot if Wes will not play for reasonable money and sign someone like Wallace to stretch the field . . .  with their tight ends, Austin, Swopes (or Wes if he signs) in the slot and Vereen underneath out of the backfield they would be just about unstopable!

Tied for first among WRs, but Welker was number 2. And Cruz had 4 of his drops in weeks 1 and 2.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

In response to 49Patriots's comment:

In response to tenace4life's comment:

Tied for first among WRs, but Welker was number 2. And Cruz had 4 of his drops in weeks 1 and 2.

Wasn't Calvin Johnson and Brandon Marshall high on that list too? The best receivers in the league are always up there in drops because they get the most targets obviously.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I would take Cruz.  But they want a first round pick, the Pats don't have many picks this draft plus did you see who Cruz just hired as an agent?  Tom Condon!!  Deal Breaker right there.  BB isn't going to want to deal with that guy.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Appearently there's a report the Pats would have been in on Cruz if the tender wasn't a 1st. To me that says they don't value WR at a 1st round cost so I don't see a WR in the first at all. But, I'm glad they had interest in Cruz. I'm hoping that means they sign Nelson because I think that kid could be special and relatively low cost

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

I think Cruz is worth our 1st.  At least you know what you're getting with Cruz.  What % of 1st rounders never pan out?

http://www.mynfldraft.com/NFL-Draft-Picks/29th-overall/290309/

I would say the track record for the 29th overall is so-so at best.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I say no way the Pats give up a 1st for Cruz because at some point they need to re-sign him as well.  Usually when a player requires a high pick (1st) and a contract extension the Pats look elsewhere, with Welker being the exception.  Welker cost a 2nd and a few other picks if I recall, but the extension was doable since it didn't break the bank. 

16. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts