Video from behind the goal posts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Video from behind the goal posts

Sorry if this was already posted but I just noticed it this morning on barstool. They had a video shot from behind the goal posts that clearly shows the field goal was no good which is sad to say the least
    . Time to get rid of these refs as they just costs us a game that could mean the difference of a home game or away in the AFCCG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWmyT2_Kv14&feature=player_embedded#!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Re: Video from behind the goal posts

Clearly shows?

Really?

I want it to be no good...all that clearly shows is it DID go over the upright, and was not reviewable.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from IraqSteve. Show IraqSteve's posts

inconclusive video imo...  it looks wide right but still, at that angle there is nothing difinitive.

Screw it, game is in the books - its Tuesday, lets just move past it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

Looks pretty bad on video, but everyone knows that you can make things look very different with camera placement. I don't understand why it's not reviewable. I get that there's no upward facing camera on the end of the post. But, so what... Every review is based on imperfect camera placement. Every decission to uphold or overturn a play called on the field is based on best available evidence. It should have been reviewed. If there isn't enough evidence to overturn then the call on the fiels stands.. It's a sad excuse and they know it. The credability of every game is susspect. (yes. way more than normal). If the legitimacy of the outcomes continue to deteriorate at this rate.. The Superbowl will be a big party and NOT a football event.

Just great.. 2012 will bring NO Hockey and watered down football. Atleast we have the RedSox...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

inconclusive. unless you have video DIRECTLY behind the goal posts, your comments are worthless. There is no way you can definitely say it was no good from this angle

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Here's a screencap from boston.barstoolsports video! PROOF that the FG wasn't good!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

At least the field goal was a close, debatable call that in hindsight and with the benefit of technology can be argued.  It looked good to me, if not very close.  Some of the other stuff was ridiculous, namely the first PI on McCourty that was a game changer.  I am not one to blame the outcome of a game on the officials, but both teams had some serious gripes and justifiably so.  The funny thing is no matter who lost both had a case to be made that the refs handed the game to the other team.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to IraqSteve's comment:

inconclusive video imo...  it looks wide right but still, at that angle there is nothing difinitive.

Screw it, game is in the books - its Tuesday, lets just move past it.

+1..   gotta move on folks!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

BTW, that angle was bad.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Awesome picture TFB!

I've realized it's not the refs faults...these guys are WAY out of their league.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

Without arguing the quality of the angle of this video.. As i stated.. it looks bad, but not enough to overturn. Why is it not reviewable?? Video angles aren't skewed because it's a kick rather than a pass or a punt or a catch ot a drop.. Almost every player on every team has been part a a reviewed call. We all watch and have our opinions. Why in the case of this play is it thought that NO review is possible.. If you can review any of the things I mentioned above.. then this is absolutely reviewable.. If there's not enough evidence to change the call on the field then you don't change it. But don't insult me and say it's not reviewable when every other play is reviewable... 

Sections
Shortcuts