Video of Nate Ebner

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: Video of Nate Ebner

He may be the guy that ends kickoffs if he creams a few tacklers with his rugby style smashmouth instincts

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

fans check out this pic of Nate Ebner. Thats electrical tape around his head... 2 stop the bleeding... 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I think he has almost no chance of making the roster.  Only one year of College ball, most of it on special teams, 3 snaps at safety.  I just don't see him getting up to speed with guys playing their whole life while he's in training camp.  Practice squad for at least a year seems likely.  Maybe though.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In Response to Re: Video of Nate Ebner:
    [QUOTE]I think he has almost no chance of making the roster.  Only one year of College ball, most of it on special teams, 3 snaps at safety.  I just don't see him getting up to speed with guys playing their whole life while he's in training camp.  Practice squad for at least a year seems likely.  Maybe though.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]
    practice squad if noone picks him up?

with so many players showing up for camp....it will be tough. It would be a fun project to see evolve tho.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Seastixholdersince1971. Show Seastixholdersince1971's posts

He makes it as a special teamer....... What a story. Thanks for sharing....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

[QUOTE]I think he has almost no chance of making the roster.  Only one year of College ball, most of it on special teams, 3 snaps at safety.  I just don't see him getting up to speed with guys playing their whole life while he's in training camp.  Practice squad for at least a year seems likely.  Maybe though.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]
    He is the best player on the special team at Ohio States, according to Cleveland's newspaper. Looking at the rugby video, he is fast, tackles well, has good hustles, and he comes with recommendation from Vrabel. I am rooting for him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Forget defense start him at Tailback! that dude has serious skills in running the rock. Then play him at LB/SS good tackler in the open field and his ability to stay with the play is impressive.. KR is always a possibility! Cripes I wonder if he can pass a football?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

I'm pretty confident that he will make the team. BB loves special teamers and a lot of people think he has the potential to be more. He seems like the type of project BB would keep around.

I wonder if he might push either Slater or Edelman off the roster if he comes in and impresses...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Good call, sportsbozo. He runs with violence.

[QUOTE]Forget defense start him at Tailback! that dude has serious skills in running the rock. Then play him at LB/SS good tackler in the open field and his ability to stay with the play is impressive.. KR is always a possibility! Cripes I wonder if he can pass a football?
    Posted by sportsbozo1[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

He definitely makes the team. Pat's kick coverage sucked last year...this kid is Vince Papale 2.0

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

BB loves raw natural athletes and this guy fits the bill.  He's fast, strong, and tough as nails.  I mean seriously the guy taped his head up with electrical tape (probably because no one had duct) so he could keep playing rather than going to get stiched up.  He's got the fighting spirit and instict.  I would have him living with the Saftey coach starting today and pour football down his throat from now until training camp. 

The fact that he looks like King Leonidas from the 300 is pure cherry on top.  Here's hoping he's reminding everyone of John Lynch several years from now. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Belichick selected what got'im there in the 1st place in this 2012 NFL Draft:

Willie McGinest
    A cross between the very best of Ted Johnson's imposing size and force, coupled with the Bigger LB fluidity and potential to attack the backfield offered within the very best of Roman Phifer
    Rodney Harrison (minus the actual pass defense skill)
    David Patten
    A tough minded press Cornerback who doesn't forsake any aspect of his CB Game...Ty Law.
    Ebner?  Folks, you're lookin' at Larry Izzo's long lost brother.

...Yea, I'll excuse that !d!ot!c waste of value in that lone 2nd Rder, and inevitably take a Final Draft haul lookin' like this, each & every time (with a happy grin on my face).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

[QUOTE]Yup, The guy really is a rugby player. He only had a handfull of snaps as a DB at OSU but he had really great combine numbers. Very Typical Patriots late round pick.  I expect this guy to be a great special teams player to start and the who know down the road.
    Posted by Rerun85[/QUOTE]

The next Vince Papali.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]Forget defense start him at Tailback! that dude has serious skills in running the rock. Then play him at LB/SS good tackler in the open field and his ability to stay with the play is impressive.. KR is always a possibility! Cripes I wonder if he can pass a football?

+1
    exactly!
    except for teh passing.
    needs to learn football more and more.
    has inborn slkills you cant teach.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]He definitely makes the team. Pat's kick coverage sucked last year...this kid is Vince Papale 2.0
    Posted by jgallag1[/QUOTE]

agree on the coverage last year.
    always a risk to give up 40 yards on every kickoff.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]I think BB's next unprecendented coaching move is to introduce a rugby style offense in the NFL!
    Posted by batou[/QUOTE]

:)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Ebner doesn't just run with violence he runs with controlled violence which is much worst for opposing teams. He knows when to burst to maximise the most amount of damage in the hit but does it safely. If you want to know how to intimidate through hitting the correct way just watch some of his Ohio vid's and you can almost see players wince taking a ball back with him charging down the field

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

BB may come up with a play to utilize the way rugby players lateral the ball.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Just a fVcken flat out madman... if this kid has such little regard for his body without pads on, it's scary to think how physical/violent he'll be with them.

I hope this kid grows a big a$$ black beard during the season... be the last thing a KR/PR sees before getting his sternum cracked.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

All rugby players are crazy! Take the violence of football and marry it with the non-stop full field action of soccer - you have to be mad to play the game. And by the way - the electric tape thing is standard issue in rugby - doesn't stick to the hair, water/blood proof, and quick to apply.
    And Rugby teaches great tackling technique - head/neck and knee shots are penalties - all torso tackling, and wrapping up. And without the shoulder pads and helmets, you have to control the violence or you take yourself out of the game with concusion/broken colar bones/separated shoulders.
    Very interesting project.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

WOW Special teams phenom in the making!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

White Lightning

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Video of Nate Ebner : +1 exactly! except for teh passing. needs to learn football more and more. has inborn slkills you cant teach.
    Posted by bredbru[/QUOTE]After watching the video I thought I was watching a combination of Bronko Nugurski and Jim Brown! This kid will make this team,and not only that but he may actually be the missing link,he's a natural predeator when chasing down the player he's after and his tackling technique is spot on. After I watched the Youtube of Fletcher i knew he would make the team,this guy makees Fletcher look like a rank ametuer!!!!Did you see him running with the ball,damn it he could easily transition to offense! BB might have actually found gold in Ohio...By the way Dennard was a steal in round 7,this defense will be top ten this year..
    Cool

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsGnome. Show PatsGnome's posts

Nate Ebert is going to be a popular Patriots player. He will have his own section of the stadium named after him similar to Mosi Tatupu. Mosi had 'Mosi's Mooses' and someone will comeup with an imaginative name for Nate's section. PatsGnome

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Video of Nate Ebner : After watching the video I thought I was watching a combination of Bronko Nugurski and Jim Brown! This kid will make this team,and not only that but he may actually be the missing link,he's a natural predeator when chasing down the player he's after and his tackling technique is spot on. After I watched the Youtube of Fletcher i knew he would make the team,this guy makees Fletcher look like a rank ametuer!!!!Did you see him running with the ball,damn it he could easily transition to offense! BB might have actually found gold in Ohio...By the way Dennard was a steal in round 7,this defense will be top ten this year..

:)
    laughing
    "and not only that but he may actually be the missing link"

did you mean for our team make make it over teh hump or
    as in human evolution?

(laughing)