VIDEO of new te justin jones. salivate if you can imagine; former basketballer who can box out a la graham

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

VIDEO of new te justin jones. salivate if you can imagine; former basketballer who can box out a la graham

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7t0fFyBVy0" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7t0fFyBVy0

id say we gotta make this kid into something.

http://nesn.com/2014/05/patriots-post-draft-roster-reset-tight-end-justin-jones-has-giant-upside/" rel="nofollow">http://nesn.com/2014/05/patriots-post-draft-roster-reset-tight-end-justin-jones-has-giant-upside/

http://blog.masslive.com/patriots/2014/05/tight_end_justin_jones_among_n.html" rel="nofollow">http://blog.masslive.com/patriots/2014/05/tight_end_justin_jones_among_n.html

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profilexnews.php?pyid=90226&draftyear=2014&genpos=TE

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Re: VIDEO of new te justin jones. salivate if you can imagine; former basketballer who can box out a la graham

Can't miss him on the field, they didn't even have to point him out.  Looks raw in his route running not a lot of suddenness but what a catching radios.  On blocking with a little technique and leverage he will be ok 

Hope he can learn the playbook.  His 40 is not great a 4.9 but his 3 cone 6.88 at his size is impressive.  Rooting for him, he knows he probably will not have a better opportunity than this one.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2014/05/justin_jones_patriots_couldnt_be_a_better_fit_for.html

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: VIDEO of new te justin jones. salivate if you can imagine; former basketballer who can box out a la graham

In response to Pats7393's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Can't miss him on the field, they didn't even have to point him out.  Looks raw in his route running not a lot of suddenness but what a catching radios.  On blocking with a little technique and leverage he will be ok 

Hope he can learn the playbook.  His 40 is not great a 4.9 but his 3 cone 6.88 at his size is impressive.  Rooting for him, he knows he probably will not have a better opportunity than this one.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2014/05/justin_jones_patriots_couldnt_be_a_better_fit_for.html

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

This is what I don't get, how the heck did he get that 3 cone. You look at his tape and the guy is lumbering and not sharp in cuts in the least. I'm not sure I completely believe that 3 cone number because it just doesn't show on tape at all. But, my god if he can just learn to hold onto the ball when wide open and learn to block out defenders a little better he'd be a great <10yrd receiver in the RZ

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Big and tall but he looks slow and clumsy and can't hold onto the ball.

Be a Fan!  But don't be a Homer Fan!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

This guy got me exited !!! he is a Giant...  hopefully Tom and McD can teach him the right way.

Imagine this guy next to Gronk, Lafell and Dobson in the redzone and short 3rd downs.

I love the New England Patriots, but i am not a fanatic. I want the team to win games the right way, playing good football. I demand the best from the players and the organization, because i support them the best way i can.          ISAAC ANDREU

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Big and tall but he looks slow and clumsy and can't hold onto the ball.

Be a Fan!  But don't be a Homer Fan!

[/QUOTE]

And his blocking skills, such as they are, ain't great.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I'll be happy if he can just be a red zone threat....except he'd take a roster spot without added value on ST.  Vrabel's route running stunk too :^)

This is what being level-headed sounds like.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

If this is supposedly a highlight film I'd hate to see his lowlights.  He sure is tall and supposedly strong.  Doesn't play with any fire or urgency that I could see from that reel.     

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

He'll have a fight to make practice squad.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

It would have been nice if the QB threw to him once in a while, I saw three targets to him with two receptions and one drop on a circus catch. I don't think the small sample size gives anyone the ability to say anyone can or cannot hold onto the ball. 83 on the other hand was a waste of a target, he's the one that needed to learn how to catch a football. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

Watson beats him out for the TE position!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

This is what I don't get, how the heck did he get that 3 cone. You look at his tape and the guy is lumbering and not sharp in cuts in the least. I'm not sure I completely believe that 3 cone number because it just doesn't show on tape at all. But, my god if he can just learn to hold onto the ball when wide open and learn to block out defenders a little better he'd be a great <10yrd receiver in the RZ

[/QUOTE]

His movement on the field is not close translating into a 6.88 on the 3C. No way. If it is true, then I have to think he is a work out warrior with a lot question marks on effort. 

I would be very surprised if he makes it to the PS. I would have preferred them picking up BYU's K Friel. 

Sorry, Bred... I am not salivating over this one. Too many IFs for my taste.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

He's so slow off the line that I had to watch it three times to believe my eyes.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

agreed and agreed

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It would have been nice if the QB threw to him once in a while, I saw three targets to him with two receptions and one drop on a circus catch. I don't think the small sample size gives anyone the ability to say anyone can or cannot hold onto the ball. 83 on the other hand was a waste of a target, he's the one that needed to learn how to catch a football. 

[/QUOTE]

+1

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

His movement on the field is not close translating into a 6.88 on the 3C. No way. If it is true, then I have to think he is a work out warrior with a lot question marks on effort. 

I would be very surprised if he makes it to the PS. I would have preferred them picking up BYU's K Friel. 

Sorry, Bred... I am not salivating over this one. Too many IFs for my taste.

[/QUOTE]

dotn know the byu kid. id have been happy with one of the blocking and catching tes.

but if he can go in the end zone and catch a ball and lumber over the middle while gronk and another receiver are out there, it will improve the offense

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I don't know.. After watching that It makes me want them to sign Keller even more.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Did the detractors actually watch the film?

I watched the film several times:

1) He had zero drops.

2) Almost made a miraculous diving catch.

3) Was not beaten on any blocks. He actually did a decent job.

4) He was open on almost every route. The routes where he might not seemed like he was hustling, it was because of the pass pattern called.

I'm not saying he's the next JImmy Graham, but I just don't see what the Detractors are seeing.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to pats-fan-2007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Did the detractors actually watch the film?

I watched the film several times:

1) He had zero drops.

2) Almost made a miraculous diving catch.

3) Was not beaten on any blocks. He actually did a decent job.

4) He was open on almost every route. The routes where he might not seemed like he was hustling, it was because of the pass pattern called.

I'm not saying he's the next JImmy Graham, but I just don't see what the Detractors are seeing.

[/QUOTE]

kid might be more motivated with a qb actually throwing to him.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

He's going to have a hard time to make the NFL, I watched him real closely. He should have chipped Clowney, ran one route half-ass, small LB  had no problem with him at line of scrimmage. Sorry, just don't see NFL material here. Granted QB didn't throw good, but they faced South Carolina, that should be expected, but then he faced Lafayette didn't see domination. Couple of good blocks, too bad he didn't pancake Clowney a few times, that would have turned my head. Maybe your right and I'm wrong we'll see.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to crazy-world-of-troybrown's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He's going to have a hard time to make the NFL, I watched him real closely. He should have chipped Clowney, ran one route half-ass, small LB  had no problem with him at line of scrimmage. Sorry, just don't see NFL material here. Granted QB didn't throw good, but they faced South Carolina, that should be expected, but then he faced Lafayette didn't see domination. Couple of good blocks, too bad he didn't pancake Clowney a few times, that would have turned my head. Maybe your right and I'm wrong we'll see.

[/QUOTE]

not much difference at this point i think (in our opinions, hes raw raw raw) question is can they do anything with him. cant coach that size. i would have preferred cjf or nickalas or one of the blocking/receiving tes, but we got what we got.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Never a full-time starter, Jones (6 feet 8, 277 pounds) nevertheless was an intriguing NFL prospect because of his size and athleticism. His vertical jump has been measured at 37.5 inches, and he also bench-pressed 400 pounds. But all that potential never really translated to the field: He finishes his ECU career with 52 receptions for 598 yards and 12 TDs in 32 games. He had a career-high 25 catches last season.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

Looks like a classic project to me. Interesting and that's why there are UDFAs and camps.  Well all know what Brady wants or you won't be here:  Know the playbook, know what to do, run the right route very well and catch the ball even if it's a bad throw.

I don't his hands being there, but we'll see.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dfitzp. Show dfitzp's posts

That 3 cone number 6.88 for a guy that is 6'8" might be the most impressive measurable of anybody in the draft, if it is true. That is roughly the same time as Desean Jackson! And he also had 37.5" vertical!! If that is true then how does this guy only run a 4.9 40

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderdrums. Show wonderdrums's posts

In response to dfitzp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

That 3 cone number 6.88 for a guy that is 6'8" might be the most impressive measurable of anybody in the draft, if it is true. That is roughly the same time as Desean Jackson! And he also had 37.5" vertical!! If that is true then how does this guy only run a 4.9 40

[/QUOTE]

I'd say his first 3 steps are of the charts but the other 50 steps are average= 4.9 seconds. Hehe. You're correct though dfitz. It does seem a little strange. 

Ben Watson who was by all accounts fast, only ran a 4.57. He made arguably one of my favorite all time plays as a Pats fan. 

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6VKUSgHPm4E" rel="nofollow">http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6VKUSgHPm4E

Here's his combine numbers

http://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?i=6986