Vikes convinced they stole Harvin from Patriots

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonFan95. Show BostonFan95's posts

Vikes convinced they stole Harvin from Patriots

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-7-161/Vikes-convinced-they-stole-Harvin-from-Patriots.html

Minnesota Vikings coach Brad Childress believes he pulled a fast one on the New England Patriots.

Minneapolis Star Tribune columnist Sid Hartman writes the Vikings were convinced the Patriots were going to select Florida receiver Percy Harvin with their No. 23 pick.

Childress figures the Patriots weren't worried the Vikings would take Harvin because he tested positive for marijuana at the NFL scouting combine. The Vikings have been extra careful about drafting character players since their infamous Love Boat scandal.

Patriots receivers coach Chad O'Shea was a Vikings assistant for three years.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Re: Vikes convinced they stole Harvin from Patriots

They can have him, our draft was way way way better.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjxg. Show mjxg's posts

that is almost laughable.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

The Bald Bassterd from Minnesota wishes he was half as smart as BB.I've only heard of one other coach in the NFL who basis his level of success on how many guys he kept away from BB and the Patriots!! Hows the weather up in Cleveland today?? Good luck with Harvin Minnesota!!!! You beat us to him,I've got to admit that, now all you have to do is find a QB who can throw the ball too him.....Hey you Bald Bassterd can you still play?Never mind you couldn't play when you were active........RFLMAON

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

no. that is laughable.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from _008_. Show _008_'s posts

Come on, Pats could have grabbed ANYONE between 12~23 if they wanted.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Florida WR....yup, the Pat's were in a big rush for another Florida WR.  Chad Jackson, Jabar Gaffney and Percy Harvin would have made quite a 3-some.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

The Old Bald Bassterd is getting even with the Patriots and BB for signing his WR's Coach away from his villianous clutches!!!! So you now know the rest of the story! He fixed us he surely did,he went and drafted a Florida WR for a team with no QB and no WR coach!Ouch that hurt the Patriots,oh maybe it didn't they hired your WR coach, he came to New England because you had no serviceable WR's...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rcasey28. Show rcasey28's posts

[QUOTE]http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-7-161/Vikes-convinced-they-stole-Harvin-from-Patriots.html Minnesota Vikings coach Brad Childress believes he pulled a fast one on the New England Patriots . Minneapolis Star Tribune columnist Sid Hartman writes the Vikings were convinced the Patriots were going to select Florida receiver Percy Harvin with their No. 23 pick. Childress figures the Patriots weren't worried the Vikings would take Harvin because he tested positive for marijuana at the NFL scouting combine. The Vikings have been extra careful about drafting character players since their infamous Love Boat scandal. Patriots receivers coach Chad O'Shea was a Vikings assistant for three years.
    Posted by BostonFan95[/QUOTE]

Hello Troy Williamson, all over again!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Okay kids, I'll make this quick.

I live just outside Minneapolis and I'm here to tell you that Sid Hartmann is an inveterate homer with about as much NFL insight as Chilly has hair on his head. The way the Pats' draft played out should tell you all you need to about this non-story. If it helps Hartmann and Chilly sleep better at night to believe that the Vikings somehow got over on Belichick, it's no skin off my nose. Those of us with functioning gray matter know differently.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

And the Jets' GM is still convinced he stole Vernon Gholston right out from under the Patriots' noses at #6.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZRob101. Show ZRob101's posts

whats more funny is that childress thinks he's a genius, not that the reporter reported it

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

I read this and LMAO!

Herm Edwards on Harvin:

"This guy is one of those guys, whether he's driving a Ferrari, a Cadillac, a Volkswagen -- if he even goes to Disneyland and drives the little cars that run on the rail -- he's going to have a wreck. So you better have a good body and fender man. ... There're going to be some things you have to deal with, and you know that.''

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

I'm crushed! Maybe we can trade Moss and Welker for him

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

if the pats would have really wanted harvin they had the means to get him before the vikes.sure if he landed at 23.the pats might have thought about it,but they were in no major need to get him.the pats had the means to move into the top 5 of the draft if they wanted to,and beleive me they wouldnt have had harvin on there minds in the top 5.the vikes should have worried about a QB in the draft.instead of who the pats might of drafted.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

The first round for the Pats was clearly an economic problem that they didn't want to go thru. There was nobody Bill wanted for what they would have to pay him. If there was, we certainly had enough picks to trade up and STILL have 9 to 10 picks. Bill wanted no part of the first round.  Do you think Bill wanted to pay first round money for Harvin! No way.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]if the pats would have really wanted harvin they had the means to get him before the vikes.sure if he landed at 23.the pats might have thought about it,but they were in no major need to get him.the pats had the means to move into the top 5 of the draft if they wanted to,and beleive me they wouldnt have had harvin on there minds in the top 5.the vikes should have worried about a QB in the draft.instead of who the pats might of drafted.
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE] they still wont let this die,or do they get it.if the pats wanted this guy that bad they had the means to get by anyone to get him.he will be a bust.so he is not worth the 1st rd pick.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/11688781

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

This was all over KFAN again yesterday. Paul Allen, the Vikings radio voice and established local purple guru staunchly defended Chilly when two national guests on his radio show said the same thing mosseffect just said. What's amusing to me about this whole non-story is that Allen was audibly upset that anyone would think Chilly didn't get over on Belichick, as if the importance of Harvin to the Vikings was secondary to taking a guy they thought the Pats wanted whether they needed him or not. The Vikings are rubes from Zygi Wilf all the way down to the Strib hacks who cover them. Anyone with half the sense God gave a bowling ball knows the Vikings need a quarterback, and have for three years. But do the Vikings make any effort to go out and get an established quarterback with tantalizing upside (Jay Cutler)?

No.

Do they make a move in the draft, either last year or this year to try to nab one of the supposed "blue chippers."

No.

Do they even hint that they have any confidence at all in project J.D. Boooty?

No.

Instead, they draft a dope-smoking tweener with attitude red flags all over him and slap themselves on the back about how they got one over on the pre-eminent genius in the NFL.

The Vikings are a joke.

Somebody get me out of here.

(oh -- and I just want to reiterate that the pc filiter on this new forum is beyond retarded. Now you can't spell John David Boooty's name correctly)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

I liked Reese's take on that during today's chat. The claim is most likely being made as part of an attempt to sell him to the fans. The Pats brought him in for a look then didn't bend over backwards to draft him. That alone says something.

'If BB wanted him he must be great' is being used as their justification. Nothing more

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

That was about as well said as possible PM.

I am starting to see what you were saying about the Vikings' management. Maybe I gave them too much credit after the Jared Allen move.

Not only do they pass on Cassel, who would be at least a passable starter unlike everyone else on their roster, not only do they pass on Cutler who would have made them the unquestion favorite in that division for a few seasons at least, but in doing so they let Cutler go to a rival.

The clock is already ticking on Peterson. He is what? 24? He already has 600+ carries? By every average 2500 carries or 30 years of age, before franchise backs break down, he has about six years before the magic is gone.

Now they will probably spend that time treading water being in and out of the playoffs in alternating years, and selling boku XXXL Peterson jerseys to the mouth breathing Vikings fans.

I wonder who will be coaching the Vikings during that time span? I wonder if it is the guy who picks people because he thinks the team behind him is taking them. LOL.

This is by defintion "bush league" stuff.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Z,

The Jared Allen trade was a good move and has so far worked out well, but what will ultimately cost Chilly his job is his stubborness in admitting that he completely missed on T-Jack. He reached deep for a guy that was going to prove he (Chilly) was some kind of offensive savant, it blew up in his face, and now he won't cut his losses and move on. The Vikings are almost good enough to win the conference, but Chilly won't go get the quarterback everyone and their mother-in-law knows the Vikings need. You tell me: Even if Percy Harvin is the second coming of Jerry Rice, what good is he if you don't have a guy who can throw the ball in his general direction?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Not that I pay much attention to what the ESPN guys say, but Hodge was all over this guy today on NFL live, and none of it good. What fools if they think they can figure Belichick out!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I know what he is thinkingPM.

But unfortunately it isn't going to work. He thinks that they have talent there at WR, TE and RB. If they pound teh rock with AP, then the 10 passing attemps he gives TJ per game can go to athletes who can break it.

The unfortunate part, is that just like last year in the playoffs, at some point a good defense will force them to throw, and throw into coverage. And when that happens it doesn't matter how good Harvin is, because I don't think Jackson has the decision making ability to distribute the ball, even if his receivers are Berrian, Harvin and Shiancoe.

It is a shame really. All of the offensive hardware going to waste because they have a Qb who can't throw the ball more that 13-14 times a game without blowing it up.

If they had a decent QB they could be an offensive powerhouse with that crew.

Haha, watched ESPN today, and Bayless thinks that Frerotte looked good too. LMAO.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

I like the people in Minnesota, and still fondly remember the Twinks, North Stars and "The Body".

What the heeel? The only guy with a brain on the Vikes, Matt Birk, went to play for the Ravens!