Vinatieri may not be a lock to make the Colts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hoier. Show Hoier's posts

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/05/10/vinatieri-may-not-be-a-lock-to-make-the-colts/

When the Colts made the Super Bowl last year, Matt Stover attempted the field goals, while Adam Vinatieri watched from the sideline.

Stover has since become a free agent, leading to the logical conclusion Vinatieri will get his old job back.  ESPN's Paul Kuharsky says the Colts want the veteran to get the job, but undrafted rookie Brett Swenson will have a shot.

Vinatieri is paid well, and requires another player on the roster to handle kickoffs (Pat McAfee).  And while Vinatieri will be the favorite to stick with the Colts, he has to prove he's healthy and accurate again to keep his job.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Re: Vinatieri may not be a lock to make the Colts

not a suprise the Patriots let a guy go who was still good but on the down side of his career. I will always have a spot in my heart for him but no suprise here.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Blade - you are right on.  And Gostakowski is good.  But, the colts were happy to take Vinatieri off your hands.  Currently he has one more SB ring than Brady.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Vinatieri may not be a lock to make the Colts:

Blade - you are right on.  And Gostakowski is good.  But, the colts were happy to take Vinatieri off your hands.  Currently he has one more SB ring than Brady.
    Posted by underdoggg

Too bad he doesn't run the Offense.....

Currently he has one more SB ring than Brady.

So Belichick has 1 more ring than Vinatieri, who cares?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Great move by Belichick, although is caused a fair amount of panic at the time.  Gostkowski is a great kicker. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

Posted by underdoggg

And without Brady how many would he have?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Viniateri will always have his place in Pats lore for making that impossible kick against the Raiders -- but he's a Colt and I don't think I could care less what happens to him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

In Response to Re: Vinatieri may not be a lock to make the Colts :
    Too bad he doesn't run the Offense..... NO BUT HE WAS AS MUCH THE REASON FOR YOUR TEAM WINNING THOSE SUPERBOWLS AS THAT QB YOU LOVE. 

Currently he has one more SB ring than Brady. So Belichick has 1 more ring than Vinatieri, who cares?  APPARENTLY YOU DO NOT FREQUENT THIS SITE MUCH GIVEN THIS STATEMENT.  EITHER THAT OR YOU ARE JUST DUMB.  I KNOW THE FORMER IS FALSE.  S*CKS FOR YOU.

Posted by m1021us

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

Posted by underdoggg

He could have had two more if "Payaton" wasn't the greatest post-season choke artist of all time

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

In Response to Re: Vinatieri may not be a lock to make the Colts : He could have had two more if "Payaton" wasn't the greatest post-season choke artist of all time
    Posted by patsfaninpa420

You know what they say, opinions are like as*holes - everybody's got one.  The saying doesn't mention anywhere that these opinions are right, and as I see it, the so called choker has delivered more in the last 5 years than your QB.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

In Response to Re: Vinatieri may not be a lock to make the Colts : You know what they say, opinions are like as*holes - everybody's got one.  The saying doesn't mention anywhere that these opinions are right, and as I see it, the so called choker has delivered more in the last 5 years than your QB.
    Posted by underdoggg

glad to see i struck a nerve

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

In Response to Re: Vinatieri may not be a lock to make the Colts : You know what they say, opinions are like as*holes - everybody's got one.  The saying doesn't mention anywhere that these opinions are right, and as I see it, the so called choker has delivered more in the last 5 years than your QB.
    Posted by underdoggg

As I see it, Brady has three SB wins and Peyton has one. That's just my opinion...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

underdoggg: APPARENTLY YOU DO NOT FREQUENT THIS SITE MUCH GIVEN THIS STATEMENT.  EITHER THAT OR YOU ARE JUST DUMB.  I KNOW THE FORMER IS FALSE.  S*CKS FOR YOU.

Bill Belichick does have one more ring than Adam Vinatieri.  Belichick won 2 Super Bowls as defensive coordinator with the Giants on top of his 3 as head coach of the Patriots.  2+3= 5.  5>4  Apparently math and football knowledge aren't your strong suit.  S*CKS FOR YOU!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Blade -  Currently he has one more SB ring than Brady.
    Posted by underdoggg

are we suppose to be jealous a kicker has four SB rings? how many does your QB have? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Viniateri will always have his place in Pats lore for making that impossible kick against the Raiders -- but he's a Colt and I don't think I could care less what happens to him.
    Posted by p-mike

exactly, my affection for him was gone the day he thought he deserved more money and then signed with the traitor.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

underdoggg: APPARENTLY YOU DO NOT FREQUENT THIS SITE MUCH GIVEN THIS STATEMENT.  EITHER THAT OR YOU ARE JUST DUMB.  I KNOW THE FORMER IS FALSE.  S*CKS FOR YOU. Bill Belichick does have one more ring than Adam Vinatieri.  Belichick won 2 Super Bowls as defensive coordinator with the Giants on top of his 3 as head coach of the Patriots.  2+3= 5.  5 />4  Apparently math and football knowledge aren't your strong suit.  S*CKS FOR YOU!
    Posted by DoNotSleepOnThePats

apparently - you missed the point.  good for you.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

In Response to Re: Vinatieri may not be a lock to make the Colts : apparently - you missed the point.  good for you.
    Posted by underdoggg

Actually you are the one that missed the point by saying he has one more ring than BB but seeing you are a Indy lap poodle that is understandable. I think Bill was smart in letting Adam go not because he could not kick anymore but it showed that in his system he does not make exceptions no matter who you are or what has happen in the past. The thing is financially Adam probably is no better off today than if he would have been if he stayed with the Pats. He had a lot of commercial deals in the area that payed him pretty well.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Adam was great here as a part of the machine and he should be happy he got his money when he left.But, like most of the "Star" Players that have moved on have to realize it is the system in New England that gave them the opportuinity to shine. You have to hand it to Adam and the other guys though because they took full advantage of that opportunity. I know Vinitieri and Samuel and Branch and Seymour are all sitting around right now saying, "Thanks Coach Bellichick". Thanks for helping us "Get Paid".

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

In Response to Re: Vinatieri may not be a lock to make the Colts : Actually you are the one that missed the point by saying he has one more ring than BB but seeing you are a Indy lap poodle that is understandable. I think Bill was smart in letting Adam go not because he could not kick anymore but it showed that in his system he does not make exceptions no matter who you are or what has happen in the past. The thing is financially Adam probably is no better off today than if he would have been if he stayed with the Pats. He had a lot of commercial deals in the area that payed him pretty well.
    Posted by fourjays30

You would have a point if you knew how to read.  Since you can't, I'll serve it to you myself.  Consider it one of my good deeds for the day. 

Belichick has nothing to do with what I said.  Belichick was brought up to get off the accuracy of my statement which is that Vinatieri has more rings than Brady.  
    Further the point that was originally missed is that this board cares only about rings (tainted or not), and saying "who cares" to that fact is sacrilege on this here. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Adam was great here as a part of the machine and he should be happy he got his money when he left.But, like most of the "Star" Players that have moved on have to realize it is the system in New England that gave them the opportuinity to shine. You have to hand it to Adam and the other guys though because they took full advantage of that opportunity. I know Vinitieri and Samuel and Branch and Seymour are all sitting around right now saying, "Thanks Coach Bellichick". Thanks for helping us "Get Paid".
    Posted by ewhite1065

E - this happens with all successful franchises including the colts.  Beyond that thanking, I am willing to bet that those you mentioned are more likely sitting around right now way, "this money is the fruit of my labor" - especially Vinatieri, because without his leg you could kiss 2 of those SB's good-bye.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Apparently it wasn't Vinatieri who split the uprights in th Super Bowl wins.....Ir was Jason Varitek!  :O

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Apparently it wasn't Vinatieri who split the uprights in th Super Bowl wins.....Ir was Jason Varitek!  :O
    Posted by m1021us

LOL..I just saw that on the news this morning. Between Menino, John Kerry and Teddy Kennedy our politicians have mangaed to butcher every teams history in this town.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsordie. Show patsordie's posts

In Response to Re: Vinatieri may not be a lock to make the Colts : E - this happens with all successful franchises including the colts.  Beyond that thanking, I am willing to bet that those you mentioned are more likely sitting around right now way, "this money is the fruit of my labor" - especially Vinatieri, because without his leg you could kiss 2 of those SB's good-bye.
    Posted by underdoggg

You can't say that man. The score was tied and seconds were left on the clock when the FGs were attempted. So, the games could have gone to OT and Pats could still have won.

Ofcourse, I don't mean any disrespect to Vinatieri's talent and the how much those two kicks meant to the Pats, but just stating the fact that you were wrong in saying without those kicks the Pats would have lost those SBs.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Who cares.

We have Ghost, and besides, it was Varitek, not Vinatieri who split those uprights, ya know.Laughing

m1021us, you stole my thunder damn you! Tongue out

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Who cares. We have Ghost, and besides, it was Varitek, not Vinatieri who split those uprights, ya know. m1021us , you stole my thunder damn you!
    Posted by CubanPete

Sorry   :(

Sections
Shortcuts