Vince Giddy

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: Vince Giddy

Love Vince...great player and great person for this team. What a Vince - at say 85% - can do for this team is create problems for centers and guards again. If all four injured defensive linemen can come back healthy to this defense  (Kelly, Vince, Smith and Easley)...watch out!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

Love Vince...great player and great person for this team. What a Vince - at say 85% - can do for this team is create problems for centers and guards again. If all four injured defensive linemen can come back healthy to this defense  (Kelly, Vince, Smith and Easley)...watch out!

I wonder who hijacked Mt Hurl?  This doesn't sound like him. A positive and sensical comment about someone one our defense?

I always write sensitive things when warranted, unlike you who praised Patrick Chung for years simply because Belichick drafted him...or Tavon Wilson after he made a tackle during preseason of his rookie year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I always write sensitive things when warranted, unlike you who praised Patrick Chung for years simply because Belichick drafted him...or Tavon Wilson after he made a tackle during preseason of his rookie year.

Tears!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Good thread.  I was afraid Big Vince was done after that injury, so far things look very positive.  With the way things are shaping up on defense, for Vince to be healthy and in the lineup all season, it will be a pretty intimidating defense for sure.

Be a Fan!  But don't be a Homer Fan!

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I wonder who hijacked Mt Hurl?  This doesn't sound like him. A positive and sensical comment about someone one our defense?

Wilson had 4 INTs his rookie year.  Chung was a good player here, just injured too much.  You RARELY make any comments that are positive about the team or the D in particular, even if they are Pro Bowl caliber like Vince, Mayo, McCourty or Arrington leading the NFL in INTs in 2011.

Enjoy your phony existence, Cupcake.

Absolutely untrue. I have watched this team for 25 years and enjoyed much of it, however unlike you I don't find myself getting excited over poor/average players just because they were brought in by Bill Belichick (and most likely will soon be let to walk after their contract runs out because of pathetically average performance). I tend to enjoy being objective about things.

You want to talk about good players?? I can (and have) talked about many on this team. I've said time and again that Vince is a rare player that doesn't come around very often. I've praised Jaime Collins to no end for nearly a year. My favorite player on defense is Chandler Jones. Mayo and McCourty are solid players. Dennard is a solid player. Revis is a game changer. Browner should help this team and Nink is solid. On offense we have a couple of real good offensive linemen - Solder has all world ability - and Vollmer (when healthy is a top five right tackle). Gronk is one of the best players in the entire nfl and Brady is a top five quarterback. 

The problem is none of that is good enough for you, unless you praise every single player on this team to no end you are miserable....that's just weird. Sorry if I'm not ready to put Amendola into the hall of fame...or Vareen. So yeah I could care less that Wilson got 4 interceptions his rookie year, I see what he is...and Chung was never "good". Sorry.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Wilson had 4 INTs his rookie year.  Chung was a good player here, just injured too much.  You RARELY make any comments that are positive about the team or the D in particular, even if they are Pro Bowl caliber like Vince, Mayo, McCourty or Arrington leading the NFL in INTs in 2011.

Enjoy your phony existence, Cupcake.

Absolutely untrue. I have watched this team for 25 years and enjoyed much of it, however unlike you I don't find myself getting excited over poor/average players just because they were brought in by Bill Belichick (and most likely will soon be let to walk after their contract runs out because of pathetically average performance). I tend to enjoy being objective about things.

You want to talk about good players?? I can (and have) talked about many on this team. I've said time and again that Vince is a rare player that doesn't come around very often. I've praised Jaime Collins to no end for nearly a year. My favorite player on defense is Chandler Jones. Mayo and McCourty are solid players. Dennard is a solid player. Revis is a game changer. Browner should help this team and Nink is solid. On offense we have a couple of real good offensive linemen - Solder has all world ability - and Vollmer (when healthy is a top five right tackle). Gronk is one of the best players in the entire nfl and Brady is a top five quarterback. 

The problem is none of that is good enough for you, unless you praise every single player on this team to no end you are miserable....that's just weird. Sorry if I'm not ready to put Amendola into the hall of fame...or Vareen. So yeah I could care less that Wilson got 4 interceptions his rookie year, I see what he is...and Chung was never "good". Sorry.

False.  When Chung and Spikes went down late in 2011 at once, the D which was pitching shutouts through halves at home like vs Dallas or the Giants even with Brady tossing wild INTS left and right, I said the D would need them both back to be where they can be at their best, which was true.  Obviously, not a great D by any stretch, but a good run D, a tough D that battled and created turnovers.

Voila, Spikes and Chung return down the middle and Spikes has a what should have been, a game sealing INT with just even a FG and 2-3 minutes off the clock by our offense, with all the momentum in the world. In the SB, they were also very good as well, holding the Giants to 13 points and setting up numerous chances in the 4th qtr for us to get a FG to ice it.  

No one claimed they were great players, but you act like they offered nothing of substance when on the field and it just isn't true.

The continuity Spikes and Chung provided, including physicality, were big to that defense.

So, while Chung is limited, you acted all offended as if he was some terrible player. His problems centered around not having good range and always being hurt.  Frustrating,  but you acted like he had no talent and nothing to offer because you think the millisecond a Pats player is in here, they must be a HOFer or they're not worthy.

I pointed this out with Nink having better stats than Mike Vrabel through the first 5 years of each's tenure too, yet you want to call Nink just "solid". Laughable.  Did you call Vrabel "solid"? I didn't. I remember Bears fans talking about lucky we were to have such a good player and how underrated he was. I concurred.   Meanwhile, he's probably the most underrated player on defense in the entire conference. Since 2010, he's led all D Linemen in turnovers created. Put that in your pipe.

It's players like that who have been under-appreciated here because they aren't superstars and have been part of an upward trend of a young D.  It's also players like that who will now be considered "good" with additions like Revis, Browner and maybe even Anderson, where they are in a role that allows them to thrive.

Arrington is another example of this, where he's good, but has needed some help, mostly so he can play inside vs outside. He led the NFL in INTs in 2011.  He plays a heck of a nickel, but injuries to others forced him outside, where he is vulnerable to the larger WR just like a Brent Grimes or any smaller CB would. It's like you don't watch the rest of the NFL.

Even the other day when RKrap claims Hightower is disappointing because he claims to know BB will take him off the field on every 3rd down all year long, where that's scheme specific and/or very good LBs in this league might get pulled as well.  Watch the NFL instead of acting like you don't. Who knows, maybe you don't.

You act like every single player has to be a 5 tool star on D to be considered helpful to the overall goal, which is keeping points off the board.

You also have mocked BB here for years and years unwilling (or intellectually incapable as a grown man) to understand a shopping spree in 2009 or 2010 meant a death knell like the Jets are experiencing. I suggested you be prepared for a rebuild on the fly repeatedly, and you just all but rooted for the Jets. The board laughed at you and still does.

Meanwhile, bad luck or inexperience has been the only two things keeping us out of SBs, yet you act like BB personally victimized you.

95% of fanbases, if not more like 98% of fanbases over the past decade+, would absolutely love what we are witnessing overall.

No NFL team is going to have All Pros all over a defense, especially in an offensive era. It's just so simple. Your anger should be directed towards the offense, one in which has failed miserably to play well when the team and fans needed it to. 

The D cannot be the side of the ball always under the gun to bail out a poor offense in every playoff game.

This is why you have nowhere to run this year with this D on paper, which should be lights out, to the moon and back with the youth, athleticism, experience and now, veteran additions.

If you call yourself a fan of this team, you sure have a very strange way of supporting the defensive players who leave it all on the field every week.

I'd say 70% of this rant is false, 20% of it is lies and 10% is lunatic twist. You overate players on this team because it fits your agenda, plain and pathetically simple. It's why you are a terrible poster.

Truth is there are "solid" players all over the NFL, you hear about very few of them because their teams can't win because of the lousy quarterback they have leading their team...or coach. Yet here you run around praising guys like Arrington and Chung who both contributed to one of the worst secondaries in football over the last five years. It's disturbing that a grown man would do such a thing...especially one with a 152 IQ and Galaxy s4 phone. lol!

And I never mentioned a thing about Spikes or Nink, I think they are both solid...you want to claim nink is more than solid, then define "solid". Solid to me is a regular contributor who beats the guy in front of him more than he gets beat himself. A solid player is not a pro bowler, but an important guy you rely on every week...not a difference maker, but a guy who provides more than some marginal backup. A guy the coach knows is going to do his job the way he coached it. That sounds like Nink to me. Where as it does NOT sound like Arrington or Chung...those two screw up like it's their job...and you just love that, don't you?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Why was this great piece on Vince deleted by RKrap's wife? Because it's great, positive news for the Pats???

Stuff like this is why people don't like you.  You take something that you know is not true and you run with it forever. Your act is old, you are a fraud, nobody here cares for you.   You are as irrelevant here as you are irrelevant to the world in your real life.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Why was this great piece on Vince deleted by RKrap's wife? Because it's great, positive news for the Pats???

Stuff like this is why people don't like you.  You take something that you know is not true and you run with it forever. Your act is old, you are a fraud, nobody here cares for you.   You are as irrelevant here as you are irrelevant to the world in your real life.

[object HTMLDivElement]  Hey, TBF12, check your messages.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

"The problem is none of that is good enough for you, unless you praise every single player on this team to no end you are miserable....that's just weird."

Not named Brady. That insubordinate chithead has single handedly lost us every playoff game since 2004. Great players like Hobbs, Chung and Arrington have left it all out there on the field while stat-hore pretty boy changes plays and leaves the field with less than a 10 point lead....pathetic.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

"The problem is none of that is good enough for you, unless you praise every single player on this team to no end you are miserable....that's just weird."

Not named Brady. That insubordinate chithead has single handedly lost us every playoff game since 2004. Great players like Hobbs, Chung and Arrington have left it all out there on the field while stat-hore pretty boy changes plays and leaves the field with less than a 10 point lead....pathetic.

And let's not forget his wife...she has single handily destroyed our third down defense. That is a fact.

Sections
Shortcuts