Vince news

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

Re: Vince news

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Hmmm . . . never said a thing about Canada, did I?  You guys seem a tad sensitive. 

They tend to get their feelings hurt a little too easy.  You can bet they will cuddle tonight and make each other feel better.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:

Hmmm . . . never said a thing about Canada, did I?  You guys seem a tad sensitive. 

They tend to get their feelings hurt a little too easy.  You can bet they will cuddle tonight and make each other feel better.

Cudle with the neighbor's cat you confused child...lmao!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

[QUOTE]

?????? STFUYSF!  get it? LOL!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

?????? STFUYSF!

LOL...the boards resident nutjob had to say SOMETHING!!!!!! BUSTCHISE WILL NEVER DIE, he's been etched permanently in our memories like a person's first post boozing puke-a-rama!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:

I look forward to more posts about Vaseline . . . 

Hey Pro, I'm not a Dr. but you might want to try abstinence! You probably won't hurt or bleed as much...........Not that there's anything wrong with that! Whatever floats your boat dude.......

It's a Canadian thing I think Rally bro...I think that's why he skidaddled up north

Ah-ha! A defecator and a skidaddler. No wonder he needs more vaseline!

Zoot Alohrs...skidaddlers have a clinical inclination to both vaseline and defecation...scientific fact

LOL!!!! Pro, see? Was it worth it? Now cut that HOLIER THAN THOU BS once and for all.........FOOTBALL!

It's been endless entertainment. 

Peace Pro...just a dustup on the endless road to nowhere which is the BDC boards

Wink Never any hard feelings.  It's all part of the fun.  You can't take anything any one of us (least of all me) says too seriously . . . or, god forbid, at all personally.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

?????? STFUYSF!

LOL...the boards resident nutjob had to say SOMETHING!!!!!! BUSTCHISE WILL NEVER DIE, he's been etched permanently in our memories like a person's first post boozing puke-a-rama!

He's absolutely vulnerable! Even his avatar is a total deebag. Where do people like this come from??? oh wait.....Queens? Brooklyn? no, wait......New Jersey! Makes perfect sense now.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

?????? STFUYSF!  get it? LOL!!!

You calling me a sexy fellow?  You sicko, I'm not into bromances like you and smelly melly.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

In response to PatsEng's comment:

You'd think this guy was the worst player we had on D....  crazy.  

and now those same people will be back on the train that they love Vince and they never said anything negative about him. 

Fat slob.  Fat wife.  Ungrateful.  Shell of himself...

Phil thinks he's going to weigh 700 pounds.... amazing.

Terrible things people say.  

That is not what Phil meant.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

and now those same people will be back on the train that they love Vince and they never said anything negative about him. 

Fat slob.  Fat wife.  Ungrateful.  Shell of himself...

Phil thinks he's going to weigh 700 pounds.... amazing.

Terrible things people say.  

That is not what Phil meant.

I see this has already been brought up... four pages ago. My apologies.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

Hey Pro, I'm not a Dr. but you might want to try abstinence! You probably won't hurt or bleed as much...........Not that there's anything wrong with that! Whatever floats your boat dude.......

It's a Canadian thing I think Rally bro...I think that's why he skidaddled up north

Zoot Alohrs...skidaddlers have a clinical inclination to both vaseline and defecation...scientific fact

LOL!!!! Pro, see? Was it worth it? Now cut that HOLIER THAN THOU BS once and for all.........FOOTBALL!

Peace Pro...just a dustup on the endless road to nowhere which is the BDC boards

Wink Never any hard feelings.  It's all part of the fun.  You can't take anything any one of us (least of all me) says too seriously . . . or, god forbid, at all personally.  

Yes it is entertainment and a few laughs, that's all this is between the 3 of yous'e guys.

I'll send prolate a complimentary dinner voucher so he may take you to lunch ....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Vince was washed up back when he tried to attach an offensive lineman's tuchus to Mark Sancheez's shoulders... this thread proves a few things;

One, the nose tackle position gets very little credit for what might be the toughest position in football to fill, every year there may be only one, two talents maximum in the draft.  Granted they don't accumulate a lot of stats and what they do might escape an untrained eye, but it takes a real skill set, strength and endurance to do what they do.

Two, the negative Nancies will always complain, even about our best players.

Three, Vince Wilfork never got so fat he couldn't blow up a screen pass (and that's an impressive feat for a near 350 pound man) and the same guy dunked a basketball at that weight.  

Four, he tried to play through the pain and blew out his ligament in that attempt, to besmirch one of our all time greats so you can feel good as they walk out the door just makes you look cheap.

Lastly, a healthy Vince Wilfork is still the best nose tackle in the NFL.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Vince was washed up back when he tried to attach an offensive lineman's tuchus to Mark Sancheez's shoulders... this thread proves a few things;

One, the nose tackle position gets very little credit for what might be the toughest position in football to fill, every year there may be only one, two talents maximum in the draft.  Granted they don't accumulate a lot of stats and what they do might escape an untrained eye, but it takes a real skill set, strength and endurance to do what they do.

Three, Vince Wilfork never got so fat he couldn't blow up a screen pass (and that's an impressive feat for a near 350 pound man) and the same guy dunked a basketball at that weight.  

Four, he tried to play through the pain and blew out his ligament in that attempt, to besmirch one of our all time greats so you can feel good as they walk out the door just makes you look cheap.

Good comment; The way in which the situation was handled was the gating item all along between Vince and Management, although a few here threw a cheap shot at Vince.

We still don't know exactly what caused the bad feelings between them. My feeling is that the ball was in the Pats Court and they did what most Management would do at or near the end of a players contract , renegotiate/restructure, even without concern about his injury, that would occur anyway.

The surprising part of it was that Vince came public and wanted a release, that should have been kept under wraps but it seems that Vince leaked the info himself. Management was the one - as should be expected - to handle these things in a professional way with sit downs -on the QT- until resolvement by both parties. The Pats front office failed to handle it properly, IMO, and Vince paid the price for being a li'l hotheaded.

Glad he's back. Vince at even 80% is near the top NT. Let's hope it's a healthy 80%.

Keep up your good work ...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to palookaski's comment:

Good comment; The way in which the situation was handled was the gating item all along between Vince and Management, although a few here threw a cheap shot at Vince.

We still don't know exactly what caused the bad feelings between them. My feeling is that the ball was in the Pats Court and they did what most Management would do at or near the end of a players contract , renegotiate/restructure, even without concern about his injury, that would occur anyway.

The surprising part of it was that Vince came public and wanted a release, that should have been kept under wraps but it seems that Vince leaked the info himself. Management was the one - as should be expected - to handle these things in a professional way with sit downs -on the QT- until resolvement by both parties. The Pats front office failed to handle it properly, IMO, and Vince paid the price for being a li'l hotheaded.

Glad he's back. Vince at even 80% is near the top NT. Let's hope it's a healthy 80%.

Sorry, I still don't know what the pats supposedly did wrong. Even after Vince demanded his release, I didn't hear anything from the Pats

i don't ever remember the pats negotiating thru the press, they are always bashed for being too closed mouth. No VW owns this one on himself. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I think the level of vitriol against VW was completely tied to his play prior to injury and his unrealistic stated intrasigence in renegotiating his contract based on that play, his age and weight and his injury status...it was a severe injury for a guy his age and weight...such renegotiations are common place today...and I'm sure he'll make all of what remains on the deal, his last years salary, in some form of up front payout allowing the team to smooth the stream of his cap hit over several years as oppossed to one...many on the Pats have done that, in fact, many in the NFL do it every year.

Didn't you notice Jones was a much better pass rusher when Wilfork was playing and taking on the doubles?

No. I noticed Jones had nearly 2X as many sacks the year VW was mostly not there.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

VW had to ask for his release.  It was his only negotiating option. He has zero leverage and wants the best contract. I don't think there is any "bad blood" or hard feelings. Vince and Bianca want to be in N.E but this is most llikely his last pay day in the NFL. It is a business and they know it.  I read they were on vaca the last week. They know the drill. Neither side did anything wrong and both sides are just trying to get the best deal they can. Nothing is personal imo.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

+1

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

A lot of people forget that Vince said he would holdout if he was franchised and that it would be "a dream come true" for him to play in Tampa or Miami.

He isn't the loyalty saint some make him out to be. But then he's not a money grubber like Seymour or Branch either.

Obviously at 33 coming off a bad injury, in the final years of a contract, it would be a sucker's bet to take an 8 mil cap hit for him.

Having him back at say a 3 mil gamble would seem to satiate the concerns for both sides. Anything more than that gets dumber by the dollar.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

This is a prediction I take it? Most guys are more suspect at 33 than they were at 31.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

In response to seawolfxs' comment:

Sorry, I still don't know what the pats supposedly did wrong. Even after Vince demanded his release, I didn't hear anything from the Pats

i don't ever remember the pats negotiating thru the press, they are always bashed for being too closed mouth. No VW owns this one on himself. 

OK, but what caused Vince to demand his release? That's the point. I would think that the Pats Management should have thought this out more thoroughly with an inside peer review of all possible conditions, sentiments etc. After all the Man played his earned money on the field for 10 years at pro Bowl level. These negotiations are privately administered, but Vince brought it public and hit the red panic button a bit too soon and the Pats should have sensed this was going to happen and the onus was on Management to stop it. The brand was a bit tarnished because of it.

The way I understand it is that the Pats management sat down together afterward and decided to change the conditions to Vinces' satisfaction. The Pats are not fools, they held all the joker wild cards, knew about his play, his injury, had all the film on him and should have known what their best final deal they could offer and finish it in the first meeting, without having to call a mans' bluff, which they did, IMO.

Keep up your work, UR a good poster

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradysgirlforreal. Show Bradysgirlforreal's posts

Funny how that works-HUH?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

So, when would you say was the last time VW was healthy?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Lots of hair pulling in this thread.....but where's the actual news? LOL

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

In response to pats-fan-2007's comment:

Lots of hair pulling in this thread.....but where's the actual news? LOL

"Hair pulling" he says!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

I won't argue with that.

However, are you saying they should plan around a healthy VW?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Yes it is entertainment and a few laughs, that's all this is between the 3 of yous'e guys.

I'll send prolate a complimentary dinner voucher so he may take you to lunch ....

Ha

Sections
Shortcuts