Vince news

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: Vince news

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Vince was washed up back when he tried to attach an offensive lineman's tuchus to Mark Sancheez's shoulders... this thread proves a few things;

One, the nose tackle position gets very little credit for what might be the toughest position in football to fill, every year there may be only one, two talents maximum in the draft.  Granted they don't accumulate a lot of stats and what they do might escape an untrained eye, but it takes a real skill set, strength and endurance to do what they do.

Two, the negative Nancies will always complain, even about our best players.

Three, Vince Wilfork never got so fat he couldn't blow up a screen pass (and that's an impressive feat for a near 350 pound man) and the same guy dunked a basketball at that weight.  

Four, he tried to play through the pain and blew out his ligament in that attempt, to besmirch one of our all time greats so you can feel good as they walk out the door just makes you look cheap.

Lastly, a healthy Vince Wilfork is still the best nose tackle in the NFL.

[/QUOTE]

+1 Wozzy. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

VW had to ask for his release.  It was his only negotiating option. He has zero leverage and wants the best contract. I don't think there is any "bad blood" or hard feelings. Vince and Bianca want to be in N.E but this is most llikely his last pay day in the NFL. It is a business and they know it.  I read they were on vaca the last week. They know the drill. Neither side did anything wrong and both sides are just trying to get the best deal they can. Nothing is personal imo.

[/QUOTE]

This in spades.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Vince did not ask for his release because the Pats wanted to renegotiate. The Pats wanted to cut his salary this year, period. 

The Pats are now willing to extend him, therefore a deal is done pending dotting the i's and crossing the t's

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Vince did not ask for his release because the Pats wanted to renegotiate. The Pats wanted to cut his salary this year, period. 

The Pats are now willing to extend him, therefore a deal is done pending dotting the i's and crossing the t's

[/QUOTE]

Makes sense.  Hope to hear an announcement today.  Anxious to see the numbers on this one.  We could use another $3 or 4 million of cap space to play with.  With or without Vince back I hope NE drafts a quality DT within the first 3 rounds of the draft this year.  We need to get younger there regardless...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

KIn response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Here I was thinking a salary cut was part of "renegotiation". They told him the number they wanted, he responded by playing the only hand he had left....asking to be released is the only way he could enforce his position. This is basic negotiating,  you have to be cut throat in the art of the deal.  When the negotiating period is over  both sides are happy because both sides want/need eachother,  otherwise they wouldn't even be negotiating. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

NFL network reports this morning that Wilfork has been on vacation and there has not been any discussion between Vince and the Patriots.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

NFL network reports this morning that Wilfork has been on vacation and there has not been any discussion between Vince and the Patriots.

[/QUOTE]

Interesting.  Is this thread bad info?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

the first thing NFL network does every morning is check the Patriots "on the front burner" site.  then plan their program accordingly.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mcboyd22. Show mcboyd22's posts

I wonder the same thing waz - is this thread credible. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

I believe RKarp.. He's a good dude. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Vince was washed up back when he tried to attach an offensive lineman's tuchus to Mark Sancheez's shoulders... this thread proves a few things;

One, the nose tackle position gets very little credit for what might be the toughest position in football to fill, every year there may be only one, two talents maximum in the draft.  Granted they don't accumulate a lot of stats and what they do might escape an untrained eye, but it takes a real skill set, strength and endurance to do what they do.

Two, the negative Nancies will always complain, even about our best players.

Three, Vince Wilfork never got so fat he couldn't blow up a screen pass (and that's an impressive feat for a near 350 pound man) and the same guy dunked a basketball at that weight.  

Four, he tried to play through the pain and blew out his ligament in that attempt, to besmirch one of our all time greats so you can feel good as they walk out the door just makes you look cheap.

Lastly, a healthy Vince Wilfork is still the best nose tackle in the NFL.

[/QUOTE]

+1 Wozzy. 

[/QUOTE]

+++1 ...  Yep...  I concur.  Especially the "negative nannies" comment.  They seem to never be satisfied no matter how good the team plays.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to xxcodyfxx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yep, he has been solid on here.  I have also read other reports that back up his info, but just thought I would pass on the info I heard from NFL Network this morning.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

the first thing NFL network does every morning is check the Patriots "on the front burner" site.  then plan their program accordingly.

[/QUOTE]

I would believe that, lol!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Getzo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You'd think this guy was the worst player we had on D....  crazy.  

[/QUOTE]

and now those same people will be back on the train that they love Vince and they never said anything negative about him. 

[/QUOTE]

Fat slob.  Fat wife.  Ungrateful.  Shell of himself...

Phil thinks he's going to weigh 700 pounds.... amazing.

Terrible things people say.  

[/QUOTE]

What do expect from the bandwagon armchair GMs that post here

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to xxcodyfxx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No doubt.  I trust his stuff, too, but never believe it 100% until confirmed.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Lets say the big guy comes back and is 80%. Why not move him out to DE and slide someone in at nose?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Lets say the big guy comes back and is 80%. Why not move him out to DE and slide someone in at nose?

[/QUOTE]

Vince is a classic middle guy not an end. He's quick for his size but not that quick. Besides who knows how well he's going to move coming off of that bad an injury. Especially side to side.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

80% of VW is still better than 100% of most others...the only question is the state of his health...if the leg is sturdy and his stamina are the same (I hope he's been swimming!) he'll be fine.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to glenr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Vince is a classic middle guy not an end. He's quick for his size but not that quick. Besides who knows how well he's going to move coming off of that bad an injury. Especially side to side.

[/QUOTE]

we used to move him around the line before so it's not like he doesn't have the experience.  If I remember correctly he played pretty good and had good penetration. I just don't want him getting hurt right away, or again for that matter.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ngata is a middle guy too, but lines up at end quite often.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ngata is a middle guy too, but lines up at end quite often.

[/QUOTE]

As a matter of fact, I read they may move him there fulltime.  I guess they got another NT that is promising, and want both players on the field. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to MileHighMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So, when would you say was the last time VW was healthy?

[/QUOTE]

How about early last season before he hurt his ankle.  I know this was a baited question and you were goin to retort that Vince hasn't been the same or some other troll garbage...

In 2012 he played 16 games, was voted All Pro by both the AP and PFW as well as the Pro Bowl, he didn't have as many interceptions as the year prior but he still defended 6 passes, recovered 4 fumbles, had 3 sacks, plenty of tackles and this surrounded by lesser DT's next to him, he was on his way to the same kind of season this year had he stayed healthy with more talent around him.  They go to the Super Bowl with a healthy Vince and Kelly.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

However, are you saying they should plan around a healthy VW?

[/QUOTE]

Draft the future now, have Vince teach him the position and start, play more 3/4 with Vince, Kelly, Armstead and rookie nose in heavy rotation.  We'd have the bigs, the linebackers and secondary to run every defensive set of the 3/4.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

VW had to ask for his release.  It was his only negotiating option. He has zero leverage and wants the best contract. I don't think there is any "bad blood" or hard feelings. Vince and Bianca want to be in N.E but this is most llikely his last pay day in the NFL. It is a business and they know it.  I read they were on vaca the last week. They know the drill. Neither side did anything wrong and both sides are just trying to get the best deal they can. Nothing is personal imo.

[/QUOTE]

Good post, this was my take as well.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

As of this afternoon:

http://bostonherald.com/sports/patriots_nfl/the_blitz/2014/03/sources_vince_wilfork_has_already_cleaned_out_patriots_locker

Sections
Shortcuts