Vince news

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Re: Vince news

ok i read this post and was excited. then news broke about Vince cleaning out his locker and "ripping" his nametag off the wall. Then there were reports Vince was out of country on vacation. Rkarp have you heard anymore about which might be accurrate?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

ok i read this post and was excited. then news broke about Vince cleaning out his locker and "ripping" his nametag off the wall. Then there were reports Vince was out of country on vacation. Rkarp have you heard anymore about which might be accurrate?

[/QUOTE]

The report he cleared out his locker was from the first time he asked for his release (the report came almost 2 weeks after the event). Then he went on vacation (reportedly met up with Seymour). Then he came back and they are again talking about restructures and extensions. That report has a messed up time line it didn't happen recently but a couple of weeks ago.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to seattlepat70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

However, are you saying they should plan around a healthy VW?

[/QUOTE]

Draft the future now, have Vince teach him the position and start, play more 3/4 with Vince, Kelly, Armstead and rookie nose in heavy rotation.  We'd have the bigs, the linebackers and secondary to run every defensive set of the 3/4.

[/QUOTE]

Who's the 4th LB in your system? Would you move Nink back to OLB and have Jones as a rotational elephant? Right now we aren't built for 34 in terms of DE. Kelly and Wilfork could play DE but both coming off of injury. Armstead is an unknown, the other Jones and Vellano aren't quick enough or powerful enough to play a 34 DE. Right now I'm looking at our roster and we'd be hard pressed to get 2 quality DE's on the field in a 34.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Reiss reported that VW has been out of the country for a while, and that he cleaned his locker out a few weeks back. 

I'd guess the report leaking out just now is his agent trying to weedle more out a deal. 

It's going to break soon one way or another.  The Pats need the cap space and VW needs to fine out where he'll be.  Chances are it's with the Pats.

VW is about as "done" as Papi was a few years back when the "Brethren of the Poor" couldn't differentiaite between an injury induced slump and Papi's ability.  VW is not done, but he may need a bit of time to be his old dominant self.

The Brethren will aways find something stupid to complain about.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The report he cleared out his locker was from the first time he asked for his release (the report came almost 2 weeks after the event). Then he went on vacation (reportedly met up with Seymour). Then he came back and they are again talking about restructures and extensions. That report has a messed up time line it didn't happen recently but a couple of weeks ago.

[/QUOTE]

Better off just ignoring the sportstertainment media and waiting until either the team or Wilfork makes an official statement.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

http://boston.com/community/forums/sports/patriots/on-the-front-burner/vince-news/100/7081356?page=6#add-post-form

ORLANDO -- We have some light to shed on the Vince Wilfork situation.

Prior to Wilfork requesting his release, the Patriots asked the veteran defensive tackle to restructure his 2014 contract so that his salary would be based on playing time. The thresholds Wilfork would have to attain to realize all of the $7.5 million salary he is currently due to be paid are not known but, in the offer Wilfork rejected, he could still realize the $7.5 million without playing every game.

Wilfork blew out his Achilles in the fourth game of the 2013 season. It's likely he'll start training camp on the physically unable to perform (PUP) list and -- given the length of time necessary to recover from an Achilles -- his availability for the start of the season is also in question. Wilfork was paid $6.5 million in 2013.

The restructure also included an extension. The length and value of that is not known, nor is it known whether the 2014 component of the offer is contingent on Wilfork agreeing to future years.

In other words, the light we have to shed is a flashlight and not full illumination.

Wilfork asked for his release and hasn't been heard from since. I was told by a source on Sunday that Wilfork cleaned out his locker at Gillette Stadium, and confirmed it with a second source Monday.

Patriots owner Robert Kraft said on Monday he's holding out hope the two sides can come to a resolution.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In response to glenr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Better off just ignoring the sportstertainment media and waiting until either the team or Wilfork makes an official statement.

[/QUOTE]

Reiss/Schefter have always proven to be legit

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://boston.com/community/forums/sports/patriots/on-the-front-burner/vince-news/100/7081356?page=6#add-post-form

Prior to Wilfork requesting his release, the Patriots asked the veteran defensive tackle to restructure his 2014 contract so that his salary would be based on playing time. The thresholds Wilfork would have to attain to realize all of the $7.5 million salary he is currently due to be paid are not known but, in the offer Wilfork rejected, he could still realize the $7.5 million without playing every game.

Wilfork blew out his Achilles in the fourth game of the 2013 season. It's likely he'll start training camp on the physically unable to perform (PUP) list and -- given the length of time necessary to recover from an Achilles -- his availability for the start of the season is also in question. Wilfork was paid $6.5 million in 2013.

The restructure also included an extension. The length and value of that is not known, nor is it known whether the 2014 component of the offer is contingent on Wilfork agreeing to future years.

In other words, the light we have to shed is a flashlight and not full illumination.

Wilfork asked for his release and hasn't been heard from since. I was told by a source on Sunday that Wilfork cleaned out his locker at Gillette Stadium, and confirmed it with a second source Monday.

Patriots owner Robert Kraft said on Monday he's holding out hope the two sides can come to a resolution.

[/QUOTE]

This would sound like a fair offer, though the details would make a difference.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Who's the 4th LB in your system? Would you move Nink back to OLB and have Jones as a rotational elephant? Right now we aren't built for 34 in terms of DE. Kelly and Wilfork could play DE but both coming off of injury. Armstead is an unknown, the other Jones and Vellano aren't quick enough or powerful enough to play a 34 DE. Right now I'm looking at our roster and we'd be hard pressed to get 2 quality DE's on the field in a 34.

Wilfork at nose, Kelly and Armstead at end, both should be available to start the regular season.  If Vince isn't here obviously we'll have to draft a nose and/or use Siliga in the interim.

I don't think they'll need to run much true 3/4 except for the first two downs of a given game, but in the playoffs against physical teams you'll want to play it more.

Jones, Nink will play outside linebacker, Hightower will play the "ted" inside linebacker position, Mayo will play the "mike" inside linebacker, Collins will provide depth across the entire four man linebacker squad and will likely start outside in the four man nickel front that they'll inevitably still run heavily.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This is interesting. Why did only that one piece of info that Wilfork could potentially earn the full $7.5mil was released? Seems kind of odd that only that very tiny portion was leaked but nothing else. Not to mention if that was converted to a likely to be earned bonus then it would count against the cap so they'd actually save nothing this year with some potential of getting some back next year if he didn't earn it. Kind of sounds like someone wanted just that small piece leaked so people would assume that the Pats offer was reasonable without actually getting hold of the details as to what needed to be done in order to get that $7.5mil or what the extension was. If the point was to save cap room this small piece of info makes no sense to that goal.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wilfork at nose, Kelly and Armstead at end, both should be available to start the regular season.  If Vince isn't here obviously we'll have to draft a nose and/or use Siliga in the interim.

I don't think they'll need to run much true 3/4 except for the first two downs of a given game, but in the playoffs against physical teams you'll want to play it more.

Jones, Nink will play outside linebacker, Hightower will play the "ted" inside linebacker position, Mayo will play the "mike" inside linebacker, Collins will provide depth across the entire four man linebacker squad and will likely start outside in the four man nickel front that they'll inevitably will still run heavily.

[/QUOTE]

You're putting a lot of faith both Kelly and Wilfork will be 100% through the year and that Armstead will actually be a player. Don't forget with Armstead, it wasn't just that he wasn't healthy, as the reason he went UDFA, but also that his play was inconsistent and he could't live up to his blue chip status. If you are subbing in a 34 every so often I could see keeping Jones as a DE and putting Nink next to/behind him as an overload speed rush from time to time and rotating Kelly and Armstead but that's a lot of question marks for all 3 starters. I would be much more comfortable if 1-2 of the starters in the trenches didn't have question marks going into camp.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I stand by what I said yesterday..a deal has been worked out and both sides dotting the i's and crossing the t's.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]

You're putting a lot of faith both Kelly and Wilfork will be 100% through the year and that Armstead will actually be a player. Don't forget with Armstead, it wasn't just that he wasn't healthy, as the reason he went UDFA, but also that his play was inconsistent and he could't live up to his blue chip status. If you are subbing in a 34 every so often I could see keeping Jones as a DE and putting Nink next to/behind him as an overload speed rush from time to time and rotating Kelly and Armstead but that's a lot of question marks for all 3 starters. I would be much more comfortable if 1-2 of the starters in the trenches didn't have question marks going into camp.

[QUOTE]

I've never heard that Armstead's play was inconsistent. Everything I remember reading about him (as far as not being drafted) was related to the heart condition and that he'd have been a likely second/third rounder if it weren't for that. Do you have a source for that?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I've never heard that Armstead's play was inconsistent. Everything I remember reading about him (as far as not being drafted) was related to the heart condition and that he'd have been a likely second/third rounder if it weren't for that. Do you have a source for that?

[/QUOTE]

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/draft-2012/players/80644.html

Biography: Missed the 2011 season due to illness. Started his entire junior season of 2010, posting 43 tackles/3 sacks/ 6.5 tackles for loss. Started five games in 2009 after missing the first half of the campaign with a broken foot. Finished the year with six tackles and one tackle for loss.

Positives: Athletic yet undeveloped prospect with a nice upside. Moves well on his feet, quickly changes direction and fluid getting down the line of scrimmage to make plays. Keeps his feet moving up the field and chases the action hard. Works his hands to get off blocks. Better than average speed off the edge.

Negatives: Lacks overall quickness in his game. Slow locating the ball. Struggles getting off blocks. Minimal production and playing time in college.

Analysis: Armstead was a late addition to the 2012 draft after choosing not to remain at USC or transfer to another program. He displayed flashes of skill throughout his college career and was dominant at times during the 2010 season. However, he is unpolished and will need a lot of work before he's NFL ready.

Projection: 7-FA

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/draft-2012/players/80644.html#ixzz2wzvA9pmg     Here's another.. http://reignoftroy.com/2012/04/24/nfl-draft-preview-usc-dt-armond-armstead/

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'll see if I can look it up. But, I remember back in 12' when looking at the guy reading reports that he never lived up to his blue chip status and he was inconsistent from week to week. Might of had something to do with him being injured so often between the heart, hand, ankle, hamstring stuff.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'll see if I can look it up. But, I remember back in 12' when looking at the guy reading reports that he never lived up to his blue chip status and he was inconsistent from week to week. Might of had something to do with him being injured so often between the heart, hand, ankle, hamstring stuff.

[/QUOTE]

He seemed to return the form in the CFL after the NFL teams wouldn't touch him after his heart attack, which he blamed on inappropriate treatment by USC MD's for his physical inuries by inappropriate level of pain meds precscribed by them, a diagnosis which has been agreed to by most docs as quite plausible....he missed last year due to sugrey related infection

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He seemed to return the form in the CFL after the NFL teams wouldn't touch him after his heart attack, which he blamed on inappropriate treatment by USC MD's for his physical inuries by inappropriate level of pain meds precscribed by them, a diagnosis which has been agreed to by most docs as quite plausible....he missed last year due to sugrey related infection

[/QUOTE]

An even after that good season in the CFL we got him for a song and a dance. Lets face it we barely spent anything on the kid and it would have been easy for 31 other teams to give him a little more. We heard rumors that maybe a couple of teams were interested but didn't even make him a future contracts offer, so if it was just the heart and he appeared fine in the CFL why is it no other team would even take a sniff if he was a 2nd round grade? Because it was more than just the heart. I mean Cannon had cancer going through chemo, which is no guarantee he'd recover from yet the Pats took him in the 5th. There are other players coming out with life threating illnesses, including heart conditions, (some caught at the combine) who get drafted or get signed as UDFA's so to me if he proved it up in the CFL and yet the Pats were still the only team to roll the dice on him there is something else other than just the heart.

Star and Hayden are just two recent picks of the top of my head that had heart issues teams took chances on. I could understand him going UDFA if he was a mid round guy but if he really was a 2nd round talent someone would have taken a chance on the kid in the later rounds and red shirted him

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Kelly will be the same player he was last year, which was dominant.  Vince is a bigger question mark but we need a draft pick here either way, a healthy Wilfork and an understudy is a dominant defense.  Armstead wasn't inconsistent at USC as much as young, he projected as a 2nd rounder but he also wasn't available to compete in his final year of college because some USC doctor shot him up with something he was allergic to.  I can say for certainty if Armstead played his final year like he played in Canada last year, he would have gone in the first round.  We finally have some depth here assuming these guys are healthy, this could make all the difference.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjbag. Show jjbag's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I stand by what I said yesterday..a deal has been worked out and both sides dotting the i's and crossing the t's.

[/QUOTE]

And every day I log onto the computer, i search the Interwebs highway searching for the "official announcement", I personally think Vince needs to stay and playout his last few years as a PAT, Hopefully the announcement comes soon and I can breath a sigh of relief that I wont have to retire yet another shirt to go along with my, Woodhead/LAW/Milloy and Bledsoe shirts. (Wife is busting on me, telling me everytime i get a players shirt they are gone the next year).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

[QUOTE]

An even after that good season in the CFL we got him for a song and a dance. Lets face it we barely spent anything on the kid and it would have been easy for 31 other teams to give him a little more. We heard rumors that maybe a couple of teams were interested but didn't even make him a future contracts offer, so if it was just the heart and he appeared fine in the CFL why is it no other team would even take a sniff if he was a 2nd round grade? Because it was more than just the heart. I mean Cannon had cancer going through chemo, which is no guarantee he'd recover from yet the Pats took him in the 5th. There are other players coming out with life threating illnesses, including heart conditions, (some caught at the combine) who get drafted or get signed as UDFA's so to me if he proved it up in the CFL and yet the Pats were still the only team to roll the dice on him there is something else other than just the heart.

Star and Hayden are just two recent picks of the top of my head that had heart issues teams took chances on. I could understand him going UDFA if he was a mid round guy but if he really was a 2nd round talent someone would have taken a chance on the kid in the later rounds and red shirted him

[/QUOTE]

No offense, but you sound like you absolutely hate everything the Pats do.....why so serious? IT'S A GAME, not life and death...

BTW...I believe the kid suffered a heart attack...that's more then just a "heart issue"

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

@mrs75: Just going through phone some pictures over last month or so 

https://twitter.com/mrs75/status/449179501378170880

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to jjbag's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And every day I log onto the computer, i search the Interwebs highway searching for the "official announcement", I personally think Vince needs to stay and playout his last few years as a PAT, Hopefully the announcement comes soon and I can breath a sigh of relief that I wont have to retire yet another shirt to go along with my, Woodhead/LAW/Milloy and Bledsoe shirts. (Wife is busting on me, telling me everytime i get a players shirt they are gone the next year).

[/QUOTE]

Please buy a Peyton Manning jersey!!! PLEASE...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjbag. Show jjbag's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to jjbag's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Please buy a Peyton Manning jersey!!! PLEASE...

[/QUOTE]

If i did that the wife would have me committed, she would know i lost my mind either that or the Body Snatchers is true and i'm an alien.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

No offense, but you sound like you absolutely hate everything the Pats do.....why so serious? IT'S A GAME, not life and death...

BTW...I believe the kid suffered a heart attack...that's more then just a "heart issue"

[/QUOTE]

Actually there's quite a bit I do like about what the Pats do. People who views others as BB bashers though only seem to pick up on the negative. It's human nature to naturally look for the negative and assume everything is negative too. True, did that to me too. But, the truth of the matter is human nature remembers the bad but doesn't always remember the good, such as I called the Pats drafting Collins, I spoke highly of Ryan during the year. I liked the Revis pick up and was on the bandwagon with Muz to pick up Browner well before they signed him. Sorry I wasn't positive about A. Wilsons signing or replacing Welker with Amendola. I call them as I saw them and as it turned out I was right in those aspects.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

[QUOTE]

Sounds like Vince is staying, and restructuring. Done deal, ironing the fine details. I assume that it will be breaking news on ESPN tonight or tomorrow.

Is it tomorrow yet???