Vince news

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Vince news

Sounds like Vince is staying, and restructuring. Done deal, ironing the fine details. I assume that it will be breaking news on ESPN tonight or tomorrow.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Re: Vince news

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sounds like Vince is staying, and restructuring. Done deal, ironing the fine details. I assume that it will be breaking news on ESPN tonight or tomorrow.

[/QUOTE]

I sure hope he's healthy. He's a big man and that's not an easy injury to come back from and have to push 700 lbs every play your in. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

I am literally shocked at all the Vince talk on this board.  Ridiculous.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

You'd think this guy was the worst player we had on D....  crazy.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

and now those same people will be back on the train that they love Vince and they never said anything negative about him. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info...it's good news...they need him back playing well...

Peace in the valley is always good news.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

and now those same people will be back on the train that they love Vince and they never said anything negative about him. 

[/QUOTE]

I think they never should have said anything about Mrs Wilfork. That's a cheap shot.   

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Fat slob.  Fat wife.  Ungrateful.  Shell of himself...

Phil thinks he's going to weigh 700 pounds.... amazing.

Terrible things people say.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

I am literally shocked at all the Vince talk on this board.  Ridiculous.  

[/QUOTE]

I don't think I ever said anything negative. I for sure questioned what he could give us after the injury and also said if cutting Vince meant we get a Jared Allen then do it and Kelly, siliga, jones and a draft pick would do. 

But many certainly have been negative. Crazy. This guy defines the Patriot Way IMO.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think they never should have said anything about Mrs Wilfork. That's a cheap shot.   

[/QUOTE]

He should have married a white trophy wife that loved him for his money.  I agree. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I could be wrong, but I think Philski was talking about VW having to push 700 lbs worth of lineman every play... or in other words, eating a double team.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think the level of vitriol against VW was completely tied to his play prior to injury and his unrealistic stated intrasigence in renegotiating his contract based on that play, his age and weight and his injury status...it was a severe injury for a guy his age and weight...such renegotiations are common place today...and I'm sure he'll make all of what remains on the deal, his last years salary, in some form of up front payout allowing the team to smooth the stream of his cap hit over several years as oppossed to one...many on the Pats have done that, in fact, many in the NFL do it every year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I could be wrong, but I think Philski was talking about VW having to push 700 lbs worth of lineman every play... or in other words, eating a double team.

[/QUOTE]

My bad, I was mad about others not phil.  My bad phil.  I'm sure he knows were I am coming from.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

If this is true, I welcome him back.  I did say they should cut him at his current contract, and I still stand by that, but if he agreed to an extension that helps our cap situation I'm all for having the big boy back.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

I would like this.  Hope they make a good deal just in case he doesn't make it back to where he was.  He looked like he was slowing down early in the season prior to his injury so don't break the bank here.

Mrs. Vince Wilfork is getting giddy knowing she will now get to text Big Daddy during games again.  I wonder if she was texting Billy and Bobby telling them they better pay him, or else.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Getzo, read Phils statement again. He said Vince has to push 700 lbs. every play. As in being double teamed by two 350 lb. linemen every play.

He didn't say Vince was pushing 700 lbs.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Dang, you beat me to it! :)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Getzo, read Phils statement again. He said Vince has to push 700 lbs. every play. As in being double teamed by two 350 lb. linemen every play.

He didn't say vince was pushing 700 lbs.

[/QUOTE]

That being said.... go back and read the VW thread of him wanting his release.  That's what I was refering too.  I jumped the gun.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]Edit.  Wives and kids are off limits in my world. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think the level of vitriol against VW was completely tied to his play prior to injury and his unrealistic stated intrasigence in renegotiating his contract based on that play, his age and weight and his injury status...it was a severe injury for a guy his age and weight...such renegotiations are common place today...and I'm sure he'll make all of what remains on the deal, his last years salary, in some form of up front payout allowing the team to smooth the stream of his cap hit over several years as oppossed to one...many on the Pats have done that, in fact, many in the NFL do it every year.

[/QUOTE]

What about his play before injury? He took up a number of doubles teams and opened Jones up for the outside rush 1v1. Didn't you notice Jones was a much better pass rusher when Wilfork was playing and taking on the doubles? It doesn't show up in stat lines but certainly showed up in the DL play. Not to mention they were a top 5 run D prior to him going down and dropped to the 2nd worst without him among a couple other injures up the middle. Wilfork does a lot that most people don't notice because they don't show up on the stat line. Not to mention calling him a fat @ss, questioning his loyalty, and taking shots at his wife aren't exactly critizing his play.

As for his renegotiations, as I've said time and time again there is just as good of a shot that the Pats low balled him as there is that he didn't want to renegotiate. My guess is the truth is somewhere in between. Wilfork was willing to give some back but not as much as the Pats originally wanted. If there was no room to talk they would have cut him, so obviously they were willing to let him keep more than they originally asked for back so chances are they asked for too much and he wasn't willing to budge that much. Cooler heads provealed and they went back to the table with a better offer and he was willing to talk from there 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Awesome news!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejuice1. Show thejuice1's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i have family and friends that know them. while it may not have been nice, most things they said about the mrs, are true... she is anything but pleasant, to put it nicely

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What about his play before injury? He took up a number of doubles teams and opened Jones up for the outside rush 1v1. Didn't you notice Jones was a much better pass rusher when Wilfork was playing and taking on the doubles? It doesn't show up in stat lines but certainly showed up in the DL play. Not to mention they were a top 5 run D prior to him going down and dropped to the 2nd worst without him among a couple other injures up the middle. Wilfork does a lot that most people don't notice because they don't show up on the stat line. Not to mention calling him a fat @ss, questioning his loyalty, and taking shots at his wife aren't exactly critizing his play.

As for his renegotiations, as I've said time and time again there is just as good of a shot that the Pats low balled him as there is that he didn't want to renegotiate. My guess is the truth is somewhere in between. Wilfork was willing to give some back but not as much as the Pats originally wanted. If there was no room to talk they would have cut him, so obviously they were willing to let him keep more than they originally asked for back so chances are they asked for too much and he wasn't willing to budge that much. Cooler heads provealed and they went back to the table with a better offer and he was willing to talk from there 

[/QUOTE]

Just today I was watching the first 4 games of the season on Game Pass. I think he was injured before the Atlanta game.  Which makes him more a warrior. He was not being doubled all the time. It was more Kelly and his push inside getting more attention.  Wilfork was not getting any push inside. He was stout and not giving ground but had limited lateral movement. 

We really don't know how fast people recover from this injury.    I remember VW swimming to keep active and "in shape".  He could have done the same thing during his recovery to keep less stress off the Achilles. Who knows whta kind of production he will give?

I think NE understands that he and Brady are the key leaders of this team.  They value  leadership and chemisty.  Vince provides both.  I think he has lost a step but he is still extremely valuable.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So..it was a legit NFL negotiation...no problem...what's the issue...I don't think any comments about his wife are legit, but everything else was...his play DID fall from previous years...that's a fact...people get old, that's a fact...his weight clearly has gone up, that's an OBVIOUS fact...he severly injured his leg...again, fact.....double teams?...It's the reason he was paid what he was getting paid...I fully appreciate what he's done for the team, but at , what, $7.5 mill/year with a 10 mill cap hit, that's economical in today's NFL for a guy his age, weight and injury status...NOPE...

Negotiate is what they had to do...it's what they apparently are doing...all is great with the world...what's the problem with this picture...I fail to see it?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kylerocks. Show kylerocks's posts

Great news.  Vince has been a major cog in the defense but he has been slowing down as well. It happens.  For him to be effective going forward he has to be more of a part time rotational player and should be paid accordingly.  That is why DT is still the #1 priority going into the draft, along with TE and OG/C.  I would like to see them sign a guy like Jermichael Finley at TE and double dip on DT/DE and get a developmental TE in the later rounds.  Still great news for an improving D.

Sections
Shortcuts