vince redd cut?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

vince redd cut?

i am really surprised by this news, we were already thin at OLB so this really caught me off guard.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Re: vince redd cut?

Too bad.  He had the size and speed, but apparently not the talent.  Not to worry though, our D was superb with TBC at OLB in 2006.  Should be even better this year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

In Response to vince redd cut?:
    [QUOTE]i am really surprised by this news, we were already thin at OLB so this really caught me off guard.
    Posted by natesubs[/QUOTE]

Yea I was surprised also. I thought Redd showed some promise last year and might really come on strong his second year. With alot of questions surrounding our OLB's this came as a big surprise to me. Looks like Banta-Cain is playing some good ball for this to happen so soon into camp.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

this also might mean progress on getting burgess from oakland

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patpscyho. Show patpscyho's posts

Burgess is still holding out (day 5) and the Oakland press is agitating for Davis to simply cut him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fenwayfaith. Show Fenwayfaith's posts

LOL if Davis just cuts Burgess...It wouldn't surprise me with all the whacked out things going on in Oakland...Tom Cable and a senile owner??  Come on, that says it all...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Not me. For some reason everyone thought he was special, but he was nothing big in college, and wasn't strong enough to be very effective in the pros.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Z, you're back!  Figured we wouldn't see you again until March or April. 

So what's your take on the defense this year?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

In Response to Re: vince redd cut?:
    [QUOTE]Not me. For some reason everyone thought he was special, but he was nothing big in college, and wasn't strong enough to be very effective in the pros.
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

I don't think it was that everyone thought Redd was special but we had an aging linebacker corp and it was nice to see some younger ones come in last year. He got more playing time, because of injuries, than most thought. I think many here were hoping to see improvement between his first and second year and maybe push for a starting job. Your right, he wasn't big in college but some guys thrive when they get out. Just wishful thinking on my part. I was more surprised that he got cut now, one week into camp.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

It's going to be hard to improve on our Red Zone Defense without a legitimate Pass rusher.  A move for Peppers would be wonderful right about now.

Plus when A.T. goes down this year (it inevitable) who's backing him up?  TBC and PW as the starting OLB for a professional Football team?

It will be Lambs to the Slaugther for our DB's. 

BB please add some real talent to the position or were all going to be screaming about our defense not being able to get off the field on 3rd down, again.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

it dosent surprise me.everytime someone brings up bringing in an older player with experience.you get feed back,that he is to old,or he has lost a step.or you hear,redd,and crable are it.sure we all hope this would be true,but haveing a seasoned veteran there is like money in the bank.when the sure handed players like redd get cut. raiders are wanting a 3rd,and 4th rd pick.way to much.

http://rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=719

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

They resigned Jamar Love and they signed some guy named Ninkovich I don't know anything about the guy except that he's an OLB as for Redd he's raw and he will get another chance with one of the satelite Patriot teams.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Haha, I dodged into and then out of the big summer thread when it became platform for Birthers, lol.

As far as this defense, nothing much has changed exept a few evals. On pure promise, this unit has speed and talent. And layers of youth/experience that could pay dividends.

I think they will get better as the season progresses, and we'll see more of the young'ens later on after they start to pull it together. Crable got *PUPped* again, which isn't good. You only get one real chance as a young player, and spending too much time on IR or PUP ups the stakes when you finally get to play. They say that Woods is getting most of the reps, which is expected. I know he can get after the passer, but I am worried he will get exposed on passing downs, which is where a vet OLB would excel. 

Last year they had major pressure issues on that edge, so lets hope one of these guys can step up, or maybe they can get Burgess real cheap and coach him up, although he isn't exactly a vet in coverage himself. 

I like the mix of talent/experience in the DB crew, which should be better than it was last year, even though that isn't saying much. Hopefully they can get them coached up quickly too, as I think a player like Springs is best if they can keep his legs fresh. I am really excited about this year's safeties especially, lets all root hard for my boy Chung! As he comes along I think a three man crew of Meriweather, Chung and Sanders will be a hard rotation to beat. There is a lot of versatility there, including Springs who can drop, and Meriweather who can cover like a Nickel, to disguise what level they are having these guys come on.   

One area that improved dramatically is the D-line. Granting good health for the starters, NE hasn't had a backup player with the mass/power of Brace, and when the playoffs roll around, people will remember what it means to rotate NT's . . .because those guys *always* play better fresh. Having Wilfork in the fourth quarter is different when he has had more downs off.Not to mention the umbo subs they can do for short yardage . . . Brace next to Fork must be liking trying to get around two dumpsters, so I envision some old-skool Ravens type fronts, from when they had Goose and Sam Adams, with a safety roving and Mayo playing that CF type role that Ray Lew used to. All they need is a LBer who can sub-up like a DE, like they did with Burnett and McRary.

Of course and injury here and there, and one or two guys not *getting* the system, and this defense could be almost as bad as last year too. I hate cr@pshoots.

I am actually more interested in the offense, as a few players seem to be sticking out in camp. I like the news on Vollmer!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celts2008. Show Celts2008's posts

I'm the President of the Vince Redd Fanclub.   What do we do now?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

[QUOTE]Burgess is still holding out (day 5) and the Oakland press is agitating for Davis to simply cut him.
    Posted by patpscyho[/QUOTE]
     that would be incredibly stupid to just cut burgess when BB offered a 4 or 5th round pick for him during the draft. If he does get cut he will be picked up by us really quick.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

There is an old post from prairiemike where he suspects BB may be throwing some new wrinkle on defense at the NFL this year.  I'm starting to wonder if this is right.  We seem real thin at OLB.  BB either has a player in mind for a trade, or we are in for a surprise on opening day.  I'll add myself to the prognostication by prairiemike that we're going to see some new wrinkle on defense this year.  Do I have any hard evidence to point to?  Heck no.  It's just a hunch.  If it's not some new wrinkle, perhaps we're just playing a lot more 4-3.  Perhaps we'll play less LB's and more secondary with one of the secondary (Tank?) a hybrid?  Who knows what we'll see, but I think whatever we see on opening day, it's going to be a little different than what we've seen in the past.  BB isn't dumb.  We're all wondering why he didn't draft an OLB.  We all think the Pats are really thin at OLB.  BB is probably grinning. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]There is an old post from prairiemike where he suspects BB may be throwing some new wrinkle on defense at the NFL this year.  I'm starting to wonder if this is right.  We seem real thin at OLB.  BB either has a player in mind for a trade, or we are in for a surprise on opening day.  I'll add myself to the prognostication by prairiemike that we're going to see some new wrinkle on defense this year.  Do I have any hard evidence to point to?  Heck no.  It's just a hunch.  If it's not some new wrinkle, perhaps we're just playing a lot more 4-3.  Perhaps we'll play less LB's and more secondary with one of the secondary (Tank?) a hybrid?  Who knows what we'll see, but I think whatever we see on opening day, it's going to be a little different than what we've seen in the past.  BB isn't dumb.  We're all wondering why he didn't draft an OLB.  We all think the Pats are really thin at OLB.  BB is probably grinning. 
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE] in one of his statements when asked about vick.BB said before training camp is over there will be players comeing and going,and he said who they are remains to be seen.so basicly he is telling us there will be someone else,or more here, rather it be free agencie,or by trade.this isnt the one i was looking for,but similar.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2009/08/belichick_on_si_2.html

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from passedball. Show passedball's posts

In Response to vince redd cut?:
    [QUOTE]i am really surprised by this news, we were already thin at OLB so this really caught me off guard.
    Posted by natesubs[/QUOTE]

http://ind.scout.com/2/520694.html

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I think this is juts a big sign to all of us that OLB is not as much of an issue as we have all made it out to be. Everyone is freaking out about not having enough OLBs or whatever and then they cut one of the young guys they liked? Clearly they have more faith in Woods/Crable/Banta Cain then any of us do so maybe we are making too much of a big deal out of this whole OLB thing.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

what's the big deal about Redd?  The Pats could find better players on the waiver wire.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

People just like him cause he is big and runs well so he looks the part. But hey Chad Jackson looked the part too and where is he now?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]People just like him cause he is big and runs well so he looks the part. But hey Chad Jackson looked the part too and where is he now?
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]

Killa, this is OT but Zombieland will be in theaters this October.  A whole movie devoted to the killing of zombies.  http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/06/18/zombieland-movie-trailer/

Is this movie required training?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]People just like him cause he is big and runs well so he looks the part. But hey Chad Jackson looked the part too and where is he now?
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]

OK, this is back on topic.  I thought I would check to see where Chad Jackson is.  I was shocked to see he is in Denver.  He was picked up in the middle of last year.  Now for the real funny part.  The training camp reports sure sound familiar.  Here is a quote from the following link http://bleacherreport.com/articles/228927-denver-broncos-training-camp-notes-day-two-chad-jackson-emerging :

"The real star of the day was wide receiver Chad Jackson, who was signed midway through last season due to injuries at the position.

Jackson caught every ball thrown his way, and two of the receptions were in triple coverage.  Those catches drew "ooh's" and "ahh's" from the crowd, as well as applause.

If he continues to perform at that level, there is no way the Broncos can afford to simply let him go.  He is an outstanding talent, and he appears to be a rock-solid athlete."

I sure seem to recall hearing such reports when he was a Pat.  He might just be the best training camp player ever.  

Sections
Shortcuts