Vince storms out on NE?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Vince storms out on NE?

The Hub is saying the Herald saw VW stormed into the locker room and take his nameplate off and packed & left.

This was reported for today I guess.

Downhill much? I don't know if I believe this 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Vince storms out on NE?

Retweeted by Greg A. Bedard

Karen Guregian @kguregian 49m

According to sources, Vince Wilfork has already cleared his locker out at Gillette. Check out Herald blog the Blitz http://bostonherald.com/sports/patriots_nfl/the_blitz/2014/03/sources_wilfork_has_already_cleaned_out_locker 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

It sounds like it all happened when Vince first asked for his release.  Not today or recently.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

After reading the report looks like TFB was right it was when the first incident happened not recently. But, makes you wonder how bad the negotiations were that he'd go to the point of clearing out his locker and ripping the name tag off. You don't do that unless one side won't give at all and clearly it was an emotional reaction by Vince so he must have been really offended by the negotiations.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

it was an emotional reaction by Vince so he must have been really offended by the negotiations.

I imagine the team just asked him to take a straight pay cut.  I doubt an extension would cause that kind of reaction.  Just speculation on my part though.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

He's a goner.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

it was an emotional reaction by Vince so he must have been really offended by the negotiations.

[/QUOTE]

I imagine the team just asked him to take a straight pay cut.  I doubt an extension would cause that kind of reaction.  Just speculation on my part though.

[/QUOTE]

I think it's more than that though. I think it was a major pay cut. If they asked for $2-3mil of the $7.5mil base I don't think you'd see that type of reaction because there is room to talk. I'm thinking it was closer to $5-6mil paycut with no extension option that would cause that type of reaction.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I'm thinking it was closer to $5-6mil paycut with no extension option that would cause that type of reaction.

I don't think it would be that much.  Maybe that much without playing time incentives, but I'd be surprised if the team just said take 1.5 million or leave it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Maybe get moved while everybody is in Florida.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

relax, as long as he is reasonable, Vince is resigning

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

It really feels like theres some real bad blood and emotion down at patriot place. I dont know if this will end well at this point, but Bob Kraft told reporters today that he still thinks there's a chance of Big Vince staying. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It sounds like it all happened when Vince first asked for his release.  Not today or recently.

[/QUOTE]

I should have stuck to my side of the story. He was getting released all along.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

relax, as long as he is reasonable, Vince is resigning

[/QUOTE]

that's what i am thinking.

just interesting they say this now

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to xxcodyfxx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It really feels like theres some real bad blood and emotion down at patriot place. I dont know if this will end well at this point, but Bob Kraft told reporters today that he still thinks there's a chance of Big Vince staying. 

[/QUOTE]

It is not going to happen . Bob Kraft wants everybody to stay. He said the same thing about Wes Welker how did that turn out.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

In response to stinkman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It is not going to happen . Bob Kraft wants everybody to stay. He said the same thing about Wes Welker how did that turn out.

[/QUOTE]

Good Point.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Per Mike Reiss

The timeline, as we understand it, goes like this:

1. The Patriots approached Wilfork about adjusting the final year of his contract, which calls for him to earn $7.5 million and count $11.6 million against the salary cap.

2. While unclear what the adjustment might be, Wilfork obviously didn't like it, which led him to ask for his release and, according to the Boston Herald, clean out his locker at Gillette Stadium. The day before that happened, Wilfork tweeted congratulations to former teammate Aqib Talib after Talib signed a big-money deal in Denver.

3. Wilfork then went on vacation out of the country.

Things have simmered since Wilfork's request on March 13, leading some to wonder if there might be an end game in sight, or if this might drag on a bit longer. We haven't heard from Wilfork publicly, but on Monday, Kraft offered up another piece of the puzzle with that telling quote.

"I very much hope we get it done, and I believe he very much would like to do it as well."

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I should have stuck to my side of the story. He was getting released all along.

[/QUOTE]

Even if he was not, IMO it would be foolish to plan the D around a healthy and willing VW. If this incident actually happened, I can't see VW playing with all his heart for the team. And until I see him physically 100%, I consider him hobbled. Even if he comes back 100%, how long do you think he will stay that way?

They need to plan without him. If he does come back, then great. That would be icing on the cake.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Honestly can anyone believe anything the Herald and Globe print? Both sports dept has reduced themselves to sportertainment type rumor mongering and inventing controversy in order to scare up readers or website clicks.

If Vince goes he goes. The circumstances of his departure are meaningless unless you want to play the blame game. He's getting old and it's unsure whether or not he will ever come all the way back from his injury.

In this case both sides have a point and this discussion probably wouldn't have even taken place had he not missed most of last season.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I'm thinking it was closer to $5-6mil paycut with no extension option that would cause that type of reaction.

[/QUOTE]

I don't think it would be that much.  Maybe that much without playing time incentives, but I'd be surprised if the team just said take 1.5 million or leave it.

[/QUOTE]

Would you be shocked if it were though? The way this team fights for every dollar on the contract I wouldn't be shocked if they used the "you already got $3mil for this year and you are injured and older so we don't think you are worth more than a $4.5mil cap hit" where as vince could be looking at it from a base salary stand point saying "I was going to earn $7.5mil and now you want me to only make $1.5mil?". I could easily see it turn out like that. It's the only price I could see that would cause that drastic of a reaction with a player who's been so loyal to the Pats as a whole. I can't see him react like that for $2-3mil but $5-6mil I could see that type of reaction.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wanting someone to stay and signing an unreasonable contract are two different things. In the case of Welker Kraft was right. Welker did not get what he and his agent were looking for from any team and had he gone back to the Pats with a reasonable counter offer before the deal was made with Amendola he would still be here. The fact that he waited until the last second makes me wonder if he wasn't just trying to absolve himself and his agent of any blame.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Hub is saying the Herald saw VW stormed into the locker room and take his nameplate off and packed & left.

This was reported for today I guess.

Downhill much? I don't know if I believe this 

[/QUOTE]

He was pissed because they didn't want his  ( Invinceable Pizza ) for draft night.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

The word loyalty cracks me up in the working world.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to glenr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wanting someone to stay and signing an unreasonable contract are two different things. In the case of Welker Kraft was right. Welker did not get what he and his agent were looking for from any team and had he gone back to the Pats with a reasonable counter offer before the deal was made with Amendola he would still be here. The fact that he waited until the last second makes me wonder if he wasn't just trying to absolve himself and his agent of any blame.

[/QUOTE]

2/12 6M The first year is not unreasonable Glenn. JMO

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

TFB was right.  it was when he asked for release not a new thing.

Per Reiss-

The image of Wilfork cleaning out his locker and hearing him request his release would make one think the odds were longer for that happening, but it's been almost two weeks since that happened, and a lot can change over that time.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to glenr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

2/12 6M The first year is not unreasonable Glenn. JMO

[/QUOTE]

It wasn't the amount it was the 4 years he wanted. He dropped to 2 only after discovering that that was all anyone was willing to give him. This happens all the time when agents tell players to ask for more than they'll ever get. Not surprising when you consider they get a percentage.

The same thing happens when realters tell people they should ask stupid money for their houses and then after they sit on the market for a year with no offers they end up dropping to what they should have asked for in the first place. Just like sports agents they work on commission.