In response to stinkman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to glenr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to stinkman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to xxcodyfxx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It really feels like theres some real bad blood and emotion down at patriot place. I dont know if this will end well at this point, but Bob Kraft told reporters today that he still thinks there's a chance of Big Vince staying. 

[/QUOTE]

It is not going to happen . Bob Kraft wants everybody to stay. He said the same thing about Wes Welker how did that turn out.

[/QUOTE]

Wanting someone to stay and signing an unreasonable contract are two different things. In the case of Welker Kraft was right. Welker did not get what he and his agent were looking for from any team and had he gone back to the Pats with a reasonable counter offer before the deal was made with Amendola he would still be here. The fact that he waited until the last second makes me wonder if he wasn't just trying to absolve himself and his agent of any blame.

[/QUOTE]

2/12 6M The first year is not unreasonable Glenn. JMO

[/QUOTE]

it starts with the $7.5M owed this years base turned into a guaranteed signing bonus..spread it out over 3 years.

assume his base over the next 3 years are incentive laden...$2-$4M per..cap hit between $4.5-$6.5 max...

if he is cut year 2-dead money $5M

if he is cut year 3-dead money $2.5M

incentive for Vince, if he plays this year he makes $$10M guaranteed...

incentive for the Pats..they lower the cap hit from $11M to $4.5-$6.5 saving $5.5-$7.5M against the cap this year

[/QUOTE]

Sounds good to me...probably sounds decent to VW as well

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: Vince storms out on NE?

Please dump him, he is not worth it. pats can make improvements to other areas of need with that money. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

It's business as usual for this guy.  Last I checked he wasn't a Free Agent but still under contract.  That means shut your mouth and show up for work.

[/QUOTE]

Agree

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Didn't believe this @ Welker's 2nd Contract tissy fit for mullah $$$ expectations...loudly.  But VW played the FREAKISHLY good soldier for staying pathetically underpaid during multiple pro bowl bids, based on him solemnly & dutifully completing his 6 year Rookie Contract.  Afterwards, BOTH parties were satisfied, because VW got paid decent to stay here, AND for a guy of his caliber, It DID hedge towards a NE hometown discount deal...no doubt...at all...for a VW type player...solid...center piece...impact...team leader...rarely injured...multiple pro bowler...and never holding out of his original 6 year Rookie Contract.

ONLY issue that now arises:  The poster who made the point that just maybe this Big DT's achilles, DOES look shaky still...  HOW limited (if at all), Does VW look to be in 2014-15...  If suddenly, based on recovery or conditioning or what-have-you...you, as the team owner and coach and cap manager, are saying, "We may get just about 1/2 year or less of Vince Wilfork caliber-type production, that we expect & $ expected out of this guy...".  Then...  You start lookin' at things like & raising q's like, "Would the guy consider a NE D team, player garnering FA by taking a fractional pay cut...& should he?"

Haha...but that's the silly world- In the real world Bob Kraft leaves it on the table...to slip back in his pocket.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

This is business on both sides, like it or not, in the NFL.  From what we know (we've heard a lot but I'm not sure how much we actually know) the Pats have asked Vince to restructure and he's asked to be released.  I understand the Pats position; I understand VW's.  It will either get worked out or it will not. Vince will either play for the Pats this year or he won't.  I'm not particularly invested either way.  Vince has been terrific over the years but his best years are behind him and he's coming off a very tough injury.  If he stays I won't be disappointed; if he leaves I won't be disappointed.  As a fan I will be grateful that he played for the Pats either way.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

In response to xxcodyfxx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

You're usually more mature than this. It's business

[/QUOTE]

It's business as usual for this guy.  Last I checked he wasn't a Free Agent but still under contract.  That means shut your mouth and show up for work.

[/QUOTE]

But they don't want him on that salary...So he's not going to work. What if your company that you worked for wanted to really really reduce your pay, you wouldnt like it either. 

[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding me? That is a horrible analogy. Almost no one in the NFL sees the full money on the final year of a multi-year deal. Not to mention the fact that he made about 73% of the original 40M dollar contract. Vince had to know this or based on his childish behavior he can't accept it.

He's a large man on the back end of his career, coming off of an Achilles' injury. Even if he didn't have the serious injury, the Pat's would have been looking to renegotiate his deal. Welcome to the world of the NFL salary cap. I like Vince, but definitely not at 7m +.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to seawolfxs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

First VW has been paid and well, no one can say he played up to pro bowl standards last year,, He got the money that he should have gotten, He got his 32m, the last year of any long term contract is not worth the un guaranteed portion. For Vince to have gotten it, he could not have gotten hurt. 

So the the fair question yo ask is

what would you pay a 33yo , heavy, DT with an a heels tear?

zoff the top of my head, that is back up money, , and 2 m might be a lot

[/QUOTE]

So then just cut him and let him test the market. The only reason to keep him around is because you think he has value and you want to keep him (at which you either work something reasonable out or if he wants more than you want to pay cut him) or else you're keep him on the roster out of spite and don't cut him until camp to limit his market.

[/QUOTE]

Well I don't think the pats should operate out of spite, they let JE find his value, and he came back, it would also hurt them in signing some of the " hired gun" type FAs like Harrison. 

To answer my own question, why isn't he worth about the same as Kelly? Kellys injury isn't near as serious as Vince's? 

Some have said that Vince over produced on his original contract, I don't know, I think he was over paid for the last three as he didn't play last year, not his fault, but that's what it was. There are a number of players who under performed, and the pats don't get that back. 

And as for Kraft, just putting the money in his pocket, it is just plain sophistry , The CBA makes the pats spend to the cap,Kraft doesn't get to keep anything. In the long term, the players are guaranteed a set per centage, and there is a five year measuring stick.  We hear this rediculous argument, every time unspent cap numbers are talked about.

If we don't pay Vince, we have to spend it on someone else, and his cap space can fill more holes at less risk,

When he asked to be released, what ever, if any loyalty went out the window, I don't think the pats take any hit for whatever they do in the end, 

it's just business

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

^  Make NO mistake...IF we could trade VW, some other team picking up his contract, With NE getting a Selection within the 1st 5 Picks of Rd #2...  I'd do that in a second.  For ANY-one @ 33 coming of an Achilles with 2 years or less on his contract, 10X probowler & 100X ALL-pro-I don't care-

That's give NE:  1 1st, 2 2nd's, 1 3rd, 2 4ths...on up.  That's serious ammo:  Trade up in 1st with a 4th and a 5th, get the guy I covet, and still have that blue chip 1st rder, 2 2nd rders, 1 3rd, and 1 4th.  Or take that 2nd in to a HIGH 1st Rd gamble in '15, and still have: 1 1st, 1 2nd, 1 3rd, and 2 4ths...set yourself up for 2 more years, '15 and '16...or just an absurd '15.  I like that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

no one is trading for a 7.5 million dollar salary and for a guy who has a good chance getting cut where that team could bid for him at like 4-5 mil a year and thats a stretch.

no on  is trading for him

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

no one is trading for a 7.5 million dollar salary and for a guy who has a good chance getting cut where that team could bid for him at like 4-5 mil a year and thats a stretch.

no on  is trading for him

[/QUOTE]

I'm inclined to agree.  What's the upside for the team who'd get him? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

This "Vince is so loyal" stuff is pretty much, and has been, a crock.

Vince is loyal to Vince.

It's smelling like BB thinks he's washed up and will be an average NT, at best. Really, it may be that the team is actually the loyal one, seeing that they didn't cut him immediately after he was hurt last season.

But there are limits to their charity work because they do have a cap to contend with, and fans to provide the best team they can to.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Vince is in a very tough position because of his age and injury status, which likely makes the market for him very weak. And of course, the longer he's kept off the market, the weaker it gets. So in a situation like this, the Pats can press their advantage hard to try to force Wilfork to agree to a minimum level deal (holding him off the market as long as they want while his market value declines), or they can take the high road and offer a reasonable compromise and negotiate in good faith, releasing Wilfork relatively promptly so he can try to find alternative employment if it becomes clear that no compromise is reachable. 

My opinion on who's right and who's wrong here depends very much on which strategy the Pats are taking.  Unfortunately, none of us knows those details, so I really can't judge. 

If I were the Pats, I'd offer Vince a two- or three-year deal, with a smallish signing bonus (to avoid too much dead money if he's cut before the deal expires), and a reduced base this year, but with incentives that would make him whole if he were able to play as many snaps as he did most seasons prior to last year.  As long as those incentives were treated as "unlikely to be earned" (which I think they might be because of his low snap total last year), they won't count against the cap until 2015, and only if Vince actually achieves them.  So basically, the Pats' cap is protected this year and only takes a hit next year if Vince actually delivers.  If Vince can't perform, the Pats are protected.  If the Pats did offer something like this and Vince got upset, then I'd say Vince was letting his emotions overcome his reason.  If, however, the Pats are trying to force him to accept a one-year near minimum deal, then I think Vince has a reason to be pissed and might be wise to retire before accepting it.  Why risk any further damage to your health for (what to a guy like Vince) is small money?  This is a game that can result in long-term debilitating injuries.  Why risk permanent damage when you don't really need the money?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Well, we can all speculate the heck out of this, and make predictions. Or we can wait a little while and let it work itself out.

Sounds like the media got everyone all worried by reporting something that happened 2 weeks ago. God I hate the media....How about they just report some truth? Not a bunch of headline grabbing BS just to get clicks.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Again to all those who keep saying Vince is washed up, he's average right now, and is unwilling to negotiate I ask, so why haven't the Pats released him? It's pretty clear that if he was the same risk of Kelly of not coming back or that he's just become an average NT over the last 2-3 years then there is no reason to even talk with him right now if he isn't willing to take a major paycut. So the question is, what is preventing the team from just releasing him right now? There must be a reason because as you have all put it they can use the money someplace else if Vince just isn't that good anymore.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The Hub is saying the Herald saw VW stormed into the locker room and take his nameplate off and packed & left.

This was reported for today I guess.

Downhill much? I don't know if I believe this 

[/QUOTE]

LOL, I got Nothing. I said what I heard last week which was on point with everyone elses sources and now Kraft his running his jibs again so in light of this new info, I have no Idea but Kraft said similar things about Wesley and stated Hernandez was gonna be around for the next 7 years. He is only 2 drinks away from being Mayor Menino with his 'timely pressers"  in the media so....   Maybe Kraft just drinks too much.

[/QUOTE]

Yup you're right. Kraft sucks, BB sucks, Brady is god. Blah blah blah

Another graduate of the Babe school of blame everyone but my love.

[/QUOTE]

Go warm up my coffee Stanley cuz you arent saying anything here. I didnt say anyone s*cked nor did I mention Brady or BB. Sounds like YOU are trolling but what else can you do?  The less Rusty posts, the more I see from you. Thats explains it all.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The Hub is saying the Herald saw VW stormed into the locker room and take his nameplate off and packed & left.

[/QUOTE]

LOL, I got Nothing. I said what I heard last week which was on point with everyone elses sources and now Kraft his running his jibs again so in light of this new info, I have no Idea but Kraft said similar things about Wesley and stated Hernandez was gonna be around for the next 7 years. He is only 2 drinks away from being Mayor Menino with his 'timely pressers"  in the media so....   Maybe Kraft just drinks too much.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Go warm up my coffee Stanley cuz you arent saying anything here. I didnt say anyone s*cked nor did I mention Brady or BB. Sounds like YOU are trolling but what else can you do?  The less Rusty posts, the more I see from you. Thats explains it all.

[/QUOTE]

Jumping right in to defend your girlfriend Babe while at the same time crying about Rusty who isn't even partt of the thread?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This "Vince is so loyal" stuff is pretty much, and has been, a crock.

Vince is loyal to Vince.

It's smelling like BB thinks he's washed up and will be an average NT, at best. Really, it may be that the team is actually the loyal one, seeing that they didn't cut him immediately after he was hurt last season.

But there are limits to their charity work because they do have a cap to contend with, and fans to provide the best team they can to.

[/QUOTE]

What do you care about the team? You've already made it clear you are only a Brady fangirl and when he retires you'll move on to the next cutie QB and jump on that team's bandwagon. Your rage is simple. You are afraid your love won't win another SB before he retires and you'll attack anything or anybody that you percieve to be getting in the way of your honey tying Montana

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

She's getting her panties all in a bunch because she realizes that everybody is catching on to the fact that her posts only call everybody Brady lovers and never contain anything with a modicum of intelligence. Poor thing.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SLGDEV. Show SLGDEV's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This is business on both sides, like it or not, in the NFL.  From what we know (we've heard a lot but I'm not sure how much we actually know) the Pats have asked Vince to restructure and he's asked to be released.  I understand the Pats position; I understand VW's.  It will either get worked out or it will not. Vince will either play for the Pats this year or he won't.  I'm not particularly invested either way.  Vince has been terrific over the years but his best years are behind him and he's coming off a very tough injury.  If he stays I won't be disappointed; if he leaves I won't be disappointed.  As a fan I will be grateful that he played for the Pats either way.

[/QUOTE]

Very well said.  I, for one, think we are a much better team with Vince in there.  I would like to see him back.  However, because of his injury and age there needs to be a restructuring of his contract.  Let's forget that rookie contract.  Whatever happens, he will still be a multi-millionaire.  We simply cannot equate these negotiations with what happens in everyone else's workplace.  Frankly, I wouldn't mind taking a massive pay cut from $11.5M to $2M.  We are talking monopoly money.

Whatever happens, I will still be wearing my Wilfork jersey when I watch the Pats play.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

She's getting her panties all in a bunch because she realizes that everybody is catching on to the fact that her posts only call everybody Brady lovers and never contain anything with a modicum of intelligence. Poor thing.

[/QUOTE]

Yet when some of us were discussing Gronk yesterday you were no where to be found. Probably because your football 'discussions' are limited to childish insults and Brady is cute threads

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to SLGDEV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Very well said.  I, for one, think we are a much better team with Vince in there.  I would like to see him back.  However, because of his injury and age there needs to be a restructuring of his contract.  Let's forget that rookie contract.  Whatever happens, he will still be a multi-millionaire.  We simply cannot equate these negotiations with what happens in everyone else's workplace.  Frankly, I wouldn't mind taking a massive pay cut from $11.5M to $2M.  We are talking monopoly money.

Whatever happens, I will still be wearing my Wilfork jersey when I watch the Pats play.

[/QUOTE]

I'm a little lost on what could be going through Vince and his wife's heads. Yeah they are POed that the Pats want to restructure. But this is the reality of contracts in the NFL. How could they not notice that it happens all the time. I'm also not sure what he thinks his options are outside of the Pats organization. Does he think someone is is going to offer a 33 year old guy coming off of a serious injury a long term front loaded contract? Does he want to finish his career playing for a crap team like the Jets?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In response to LazarusintheSanatorium's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Didn't believe this @ Welker's 2nd Contract tissy fit for mullah $$$ expectations...loudly.  But VW played the FREAKISHLY good soldier for staying pathetically underpaid during multiple pro bowl bids, based on him solemnly & dutifully completing his 6 year Rookie Contract.  Afterwards, BOTH parties were satisfied, because VW got paid decent to stay here, AND for a guy of his caliber, It DID hedge towards a NE hometown discount deal...no doubt...at all...for a VW type player...solid...center piece...impact...team leader...rarely injured...multiple pro bowler...and never holding out of his original 6 year Rookie Contract.

ONLY issue that now arises:  The poster who made the point that just maybe this Big DT's achilles, DOES look shaky still...  HOW limited (if at all), Does VW look to be in 2014-15...  If suddenly, based on recovery or conditioning or what-have-you...you, as the team owner and coach and cap manager, are saying, "We may get just about 1/2 year or less of Vince Wilfork caliber-type production, that we expect & $ expected out of this guy...".  Then...  You start lookin' at things like & raising q's like, "Would the guy consider a NE D team, player garnering FA by taking a fractional pay cut...& should he?"

Haha...but that's the silly world- In the real world Bob Kraft leaves it on the table...to slip back in his pocket.  

[/QUOTE]

Changed my mind & I'm now back tracking on even the slighter notion I had about VW restructuring.  IF they wanna trade him to some willing team picking up his current pricetag, A-O.k....

I side with this on Sunday-Saturday:  The Patriots <that logo on the side of the helmet>, then: Stephen Gostkowski <and every other single player wearing that logo on the side of their helmet...including a guy I wanted my team to keep, when they did not, like Brandon Spikes>, then: Bill Belichick <and every other guy not in a uniform on the Pats sidelines>, then: way on down the line...The Owner and Front Office <currently, the owner's name is Bob Kraft>.

VW played out his full 6 year rookie deal as multiple pro bowler and all-pro & anchored this D as Captain Team leader and then he signed a HOMETOWN friendly New Contract...THIS contract.  Ya find a partner to trade him w/ him keeping his current $ for THAT franchise=FINE...2 years left, achilles tear- #1. for me:  The Team.  It's smart.  Restructure?  Take a hike Kraft, Belichick and any fan that thinks he should do this.

Most of us spend our whole lives being told, being shown, being offered and being proven that=WE SHOULD MINIMALIZE our efforts...our desires...our wants...our skills...our hopes...our dreams at the higher & highest pinnacles of successes and achievements based on limitations, closed avenues, shut doors, mass produced inhalants to belittle and ever so lightly & slightly quench, juuuust enough of our satisfaction(s)...to accept, well- Less.  We are taught, shown, and offered lesser opportunities, options, chances, and limitations, to try to achieve our fullest breath.  We get beaten down little by little in life...  99.99999999% of Us.  100% of Us work against limiting factors, forces, people, places, opportunities, options, etc., etc., etc., ...In OUR lives, ALL our lives...either a little or alota bit, every  single   day. 

We end up believing that we should take less...as others should too.  We only justify it later, under some moral code of selfless, do-with-out...or "for the greater good."  The demon rears it's head earlier, ever present:  "DO NOT strive to even WANT to Fully FulFill your full potentials...your full "worth"...And That it's o.k. to...It's actually...pretty selfless."  Horsesh-#t. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Changed my mind & I'm now back tracking on even the slighter notion I had about VW restructuring.  IF they wanna trade him to some willing team picking up his current pricetag, A-O.k....

I side with this on Sunday-Saturday:  The Patriots <that logo on the side of the helmet>, then: Stephen Gostkowski <and every other single player wearing that logo on the side of their helmet...including a guy I wanted my team to keep, when they did not, like Brandon Spikes>, then: Bill Belichick <and every other guy not in a uniform on the Pats sidelines>, then: way on down the line...The Owner and Front Office <currently, the owner's name is Bob Kraft>.

VW played out his full 6 year rookie deal as multiple pro bowler and all-pro & anchored this D as Captain Team leader and then he signed a HOMETOWN friendly New Contract...THIS contract.  Ya find a partner to trade him w/ him keeping his current $ for THAT franchise=FINE...2 years left, achilles tear- #1. for me:  The Team.  It's smart.  Restructure?  Take a hike Kraft, Belichick and any fan that thinks he should do this.

Most of us spend our whole lives being told, being shown, being offered and being proven that=WE SHOULD MINIMALIZE our efforts...our desires...our wants...our skills...our hopes...our dreams at the higher & highest pinnacles of successes and achievements based on limitations, closed avenues, shut doors, mass produced inhalants to belittle and ever so lightly & slightly quench, juuuust enough of our satisfaction(s)...to accept, well- Less.  We are taught, shown, and offered lesser opportunities, options, chances, and limitations, to try to achieve our fullest breath.  We get beaten down little by little in life...  99.99999999% of Us.  100% of Us work against limiting factors, forces, people, places, opportunities, options, etc., etc., etc., ...In OUR lives, ALL our lives...either a little or alota bit, every  single   day. 

We end up believing that we should take less...as others should too.  We only justify it later, under some moral code of selfless, do-with-out...or "for the greater good."  The demon rears it's head earlier, ever present:  "DO NOT strive to even WANT to Fully FulFill your full potentials...your full "worth"...And That it's o.k. to...It's actually...pretty selfless."  Horsesh-#t. 

[/QUOTE]

I'm having trouble deciding whether you should be a preacher, politician or vacumn cleaner salesman. The NFL is like any other business. Never believe the other guy where money is concerned.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"Never believe the other guy where money is concerned."

I try to be all 3.  Can't do this in life though...  Noone would believe anyone, ever, for any reason, If any case-whatsoever- When 1 guy wanted something from someone & purported that he/she/it might perchance, Offer up a type of trade for another type of good or service in return.  We'd each manage our very own dungheap in the woods...I could probably fashion a makeshift toothbrush. 

Instead, I contend we try this:  Look at the history of the party(ies), as it relates to said commercial dealings and previous contracts for goods and services with 1 another...then maybe, attempt to form a fair dictum as the best objectively formed mediator who's removed the most of their outside & special interests in our decision making process.

Let's do this, instead of the individual managed dvngheap world.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]

"Never believe the other guy where money is concerned."

I try to be all 3.  Can't do this in life though...  Noone would believe anyone, ever, for any reason, If any case-whatsoever- When 1 guy wanted something from someone & purported that he/she/it might perchance, Offer up a type of trade for another type of good or service in return.  We'd each manage our very own dungheap in the woods...I could probably fashion a makeshift toothbrush. 

Instead, I contend we try this:  Look at the history of the party(ies), as it relates to said commercial dealings and previous contracts for goods and services with 1 another...then maybe, attempt to form a fair dictum as the best objectively formed mediator who's removed the most of their outside & special interests in our decision making process.

Let's do this, instead of the individual managed dvngheap world.

[/QUOTE]

OK preacher who sells vacumns on the side and would like to enter politics