Vince storms out on NE?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: Vince storms out on NE?

In response to glenr's comment:

In response to LazarusintheSanatorium's comment:

"Never believe the other guy where money is concerned."

I try to be all 3.  Can't do this in life though...  Noone would believe anyone, ever, for any reason, If any case-whatsoever- When 1 guy wanted something from someone & purported that he/she/it might perchance, Offer up a type of trade for another type of good or service in return.  We'd each manage our very own dungheap in the woods...I could probably fashion a makeshift toothbrush. 

Instead, I contend we try this:  Look at the history of the party(ies), as it relates to said commercial dealings and previous contracts for goods and services with 1 another...then maybe, attempt to form a fair dictum as the best objectively formed mediator who's removed the most of their outside & special interests in our decision making process.

Let's do this, instead of the individual managed dvngheap world.

OK preacher who sells vacumns on the side and would like to enter politics

And what are you?  Plumber? Mechanic?  TV Repairman?  Electrician? HVAC Service Tech?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

It goes vacuums, then politician, then preacher, then some more vacuums...

Its an allegory.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

IF you do it right & you do it correct then you become equal parts Leopard/Indian &/Or Indian/Leopard.

That is an allegory too.

This is an allegory as well.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mediumsizednuts. Show Mediumsizednuts's posts

In response to LazarusintheSanatorium's comment:

It goes vacuums, then politician, then preacher, then some more vacuums...

Its an allegory.

So its who sucks harder in the closet?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

btw welcome back Laz

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Yes welcome back Laz!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

I was actually thinkin':  Ya put in WORK....but ooooo'kay.

Thanx guys.  Did the no internet and no cable for Spring and Summer.  Somewhere In the NE Winter...?  I lost my readjusted mind.  Gonna try ta do it again when the weather balms out ta 50-55 degrees for 2-3 whole straight days.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

relax, as long as he is reasonable, Vince is resigning

rkarp, looking like a stone cold genius.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Vince is in a very tough position because of his age and injury status, which likely makes the market for him very weak. And of course, the longer he's kept off the market, the weaker it gets. So in a situation like this, the Pats can press their advantage hard to try to force Wilfork to agree to a minimum level deal (holding him off the market as long as they want while his market value declines), or they can take the high road and offer a reasonable compromise and negotiate in good faith, releasing Wilfork relatively promptly so he can try to find alternative employment if it becomes clear that no compromise is reachable. 

My opinion on who's right and who's wrong here depends very much on which strategy the Pats are taking.  Unfortunately, none of us knows those details, so I really can't judge. 

If I were the Pats, I'd offer Vince a two- or three-year deal, with a smallish signing bonus (to avoid too much dead money if he's cut before the deal expires), and a reduced base this year, but with incentives that would make him whole if he were able to play as many snaps as he did most seasons prior to last year.  As long as those incentives were treated as "unlikely to be earned" (which I think they might be because of his low snap total last year), they won't count against the cap until 2015, and only if Vince actually achieves them.  So basically, the Pats' cap is protected this year and only takes a hit next year if Vince actually delivers.  If Vince can't perform, the Pats are protected.  If the Pats did offer something like this and Vince got upset, then I'd say Vince was letting his emotions overcome his reason.  If, however, the Pats are trying to force him to accept a one-year near minimum deal, then I think Vince has a reason to be pissed and might be wise to retire before accepting it.  Why risk any further damage to your health for (what to a guy like Vince) is small money?  This is a game that can result in long-term debilitating injuries.  Why risk permanent damage when you don't really need the money?

They must have read my post Wink

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Glad it all got worked out. Hope he's healthy and contributes like the old days, as we go on to win the SB.

Sections
Shortcuts