Vince storms out on NE?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: Vince storms out on NE?

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Hub is saying the Herald saw VW stormed into the locker room and take his nameplate off and packed & left.

This was reported for today I guess.

Downhill much? I don't know if I believe this 

[/QUOTE]

LOL, I got Nothing. I said what I heard last week which was on point with everyone elses sources and now Kraft his running his jibs again so in light of this new info, I have no Idea but Kraft said similar things about Wesley and stated Hernandez was gonna be around for the next 7 years. He is only 2 drinks away from being Mayor Menino with his 'timely pressers"  in the media so....   Maybe Kraft just drinks too much.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The Hub is saying the Herald saw VW stormed into the locker room and take his nameplate off and packed & left.

[/QUOTE]

LOL, I got Nothing. I said what I heard last week which was on point with everyone elses sources and now Kraft his running his jibs again so in light of this new info, I have no Idea but Kraft said similar things about Wesley and stated Hernandez was gonna be around for the next 7 years. He is only 2 drinks away from being Mayor Menino with his 'timely pressers"  in the media so....   Maybe Kraft just drinks too much.

[/QUOTE]

Yup you're right. Kraft sucks, BB sucks, Brady is god. Blah blah blah

Another graduate of the Babe school of blame everyone but my love.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to stinkman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to glenr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to xxcodyfxx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It really feels like theres some real bad blood and emotion down at patriot place. I dont know if this will end well at this point, but Bob Kraft told reporters today that he still thinks there's a chance of Big Vince staying. 

[/QUOTE]

It is not going to happen . Bob Kraft wants everybody to stay. He said the same thing about Wes Welker how did that turn out.

[/QUOTE]

Wanting someone to stay and signing an unreasonable contract are two different things. In the case of Welker Kraft was right. Welker did not get what he and his agent were looking for from any team and had he gone back to the Pats with a reasonable counter offer before the deal was made with Amendola he would still be here. The fact that he waited until the last second makes me wonder if he wasn't just trying to absolve himself and his agent of any blame.

[/QUOTE]

2/12 6M The first year is not unreasonable Glenn. JMO

[/QUOTE]

it starts with the $7.5M owed this years base turned into a guaranteed signing bonus..spread it out over 3 years.

assume his base over the next 3 years are incentive laden...$2-$4M per..cap hit between $4.5-$6.5 max...

if he is cut year 2-dead money $5M

if he is cut year 3-dead money $2.5M

incentive for Vince, if he plays this year he makes $$10M guaranteed...

incentive for the Pats..they lower the cap hit from $11M to $4.5-$6.5 saving $5.5-$7.5M against the cap this year

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

It really feels like theres some real bad blood and emotion down at patriot place. I dont know if this will end well at this point, but Bob Kraft told reporters today that he still thinks there's a chance of Big Vince staying. 

[/QUOTE]

It is not going to happen . Bob Kraft wants everybody to stay. He said the same thing about Wes Welker how did that turn out.

[/QUOTE]

Wanting someone to stay and signing an unreasonable contract are two different things. In the case of Welker Kraft was right. Welker did not get what he and his agent were looking for from any team and had he gone back to the Pats with a reasonable counter offer before the deal was made with Amendola he would still be here. The fact that he waited until the last second makes me wonder if he wasn't just trying to absolve himself and his agent of any blame.

[/QUOTE]

2/12 6M The first year is not unreasonable Glenn. JMO

[/QUOTE]

it starts with the $7.5M owed this years base turned into a guaranteed signing bonus..spread it out over 3 years.

assume his base over the next 3 years are incentive laden...$2-$4M per..cap hit between $4.5-$6.5 max...

if he is cut year 2-dead money $5M

if he is cut year 3-dead money $2.5M

incentive for Vince, if he plays this year he makes $$10M guaranteed...

incentive for the Pats..they lower the cap hit from $11M to $4.5-$6.5 saving $5.5-$7.5M against the cap this year

[/QUOTE]

Where did you get these?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

F vinny and his fat az, loud mouth Orca wife. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You're usually more mature than this. It's business

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's business as usual for this guy.  Last I checked he wasn't a Free Agent but still under contract.  That means shut your mouth and show up for work.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's business as usual for this guy.  Last I checked he wasn't a Free Agent but still under contract.  That means shut your mouth and show up for work.

[/QUOTE]

But they don't want him on that salary...So he's not going to work. What if your company that you worked for wanted to really really reduce your pay, you wouldnt like it either. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[QUOTE]

But they don't want him on that salary...So he's not going to work. What if your company that you worked for wanted to really really reduce your pay, you wouldnt like it either. 

[/QUOTE]

He doesn't have to agree to a pay cut.  So he is still under contract unless he is cut, at which time he can seek new employment.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

He doesn't have to agree to a pay cut.  So he is still under contract unless he is cut, at which time he can seek new employment.

[/QUOTE]

Yep, and tell me TCal when hasn't he showed up to work since this has started? Until he actually misses required practices he hasn't missed any work yet.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

THANK GOD. Nobody wanted to see this play out with him staying for other than sentimental reasons. Sentimental leaders lose..............

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

relax, as long as he is reasonable, Vince is resigning

Vince leaving is best for the PATS, like it or not. Tell your sources they need better sources...... 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

[QUOTE]

DAMN! Who are you????? ME?! LOL!!!!!!!! +1 baby!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Wilfork knows how quickly his recovery is progressing.  Perhaps the team doctor also knows.  The rest of us are guessing.

Wilfork's Achilles injury probably takes more than one year to heal properly.  Maybe he's afraid that BB will try to rush him back into the lineup before his tendon is ready, and he'll just rupture it a second time in preseason, and then Wilfork will be dumped.  BB has no reason to wait until 2015 because Wilfork isn't under contract next year.

The ball is in Jonathan Kraft's court, and Kraft isn't volleying it just yet.  The Krafts retain the right, after paying Wilfork his bonus money, to keep Wilfork on the line and playing in preseason games until September 1.

If Wilfork just shuts down for a year and works out on his own, maybe he'll be a good player in 2015.  The Patriots would retain his rights for the 2015 season if Wilfork unilaterally initiates the shutdown in 2014.  Maybe that's how the contract game shall play out.  They'll still have to pay Wilfork his $8 million in 2015 if he's healthy, but that could be a bargain for the Pats. 

If the Pats would only waive Wilfork, he almost certainly could go anywhere else for two or three times what he's worth right now and he can cut any kind of contract that he wants.  Or he could sit on the sidelines until November and play the spot market.  Oh, did Denver's defensive tackle just go down?  Call Big Vince on Monday!

Or, it's possible that Vince just said an emotional goodbye to the inflatable pig, because the recovery isn't going to happen and he's hurting bad.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

The Colts Jeff Saturday owed him-fail, 4th and 1 against Giants in the SB-fail, Ravens epic 85 run for a td in the playoffs right over him..... if Vince wants to walk let him

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yep, and tell me TCal when hasn't he showed up to work since this has started? Until he actually misses required practices he hasn't missed any work yet.

[/QUOTE]

He hasn't but why assume this time around will be any different then last time? Vince has kids and an Orca to feed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

In response to crazy-world-of-troybrown's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The word loyalty cracks me up in the working world.

[/QUOTE]

there is very little loyalty in the real working world, not sure why one would expect it in the locker room.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

First VW has been paid and well, no one can say he played up to pro bowl standards last year,, He got the money that he should have gotten, He got his 32m, the last year of any long term contract is not worth the un guaranteed portion. For Vince to have gotten it, he could not have gotten hurt. 

So the the fair question yo ask is

what would you pay a 33yo , heavy, DT with an a heels tear?

zoff the top of my head, that is back up money, , and 2 m might be a lot

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Seems like these kind of hard endings happen a lot in NE.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

He hasn't but why assume this time around will be any different then last time? Vince has kids and an Orca to feed.

[/QUOTE]

Because he just needs to show up to get what his contract says he gets, if he doesn't then he looks like the bad guy. If he does and they cut him they look like the bad guy for waiting so long to cut him. It's not like he'd hold out to get more money actually it's quite the opposite. He'd show up to get what he was signed for. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to seawolfxs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

First VW has been paid and well, no one can say he played up to pro bowl standards last year,, He got the money that he should have gotten, He got his 32m, the last year of any long term contract is not worth the un guaranteed portion. For Vince to have gotten it, he could not have gotten hurt. 

So the the fair question yo ask is

what would you pay a 33yo , heavy, DT with an a heels tear?

zoff the top of my head, that is back up money, , and 2 m might be a lot

[/QUOTE]

So then just cut him and let him test the market. The only reason to keep him around is because you think he has value and you want to keep him (at which you either work something reasonable out or if he wants more than you want to pay cut him) or else you're keep him on the roster out of spite and don't cut him until camp to limit his market.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

Pats don't pay for what you have done, they are playing for future production. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to Brady2Moss07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Pats don't pay for what you have done, they are playing for future production. 

Wow, but thats not very nice though.  Bunch o' meanies! LOL!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

The gut and achilles won't get him a good contract anywhere. If he thinks he can make Mo money, he won't. he'll regret his decision when the patriots are raining the Lombardi next february and he's watching it.

When a race horse can't race anymore, he just becomes a stud or chews hay.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The gut and achilles won't get him a good contract anywhere. If he thinks he can make Mo money, he won't. he'll regret his decision when the patriots are raining the Lombardi next february and he's watching it.

When a race horse can't race anymore, he just becomes a stud or chews hay.

[/QUOTE]

Tough, but good analogy

Sections
Shortcuts