Vince Wilfork interview.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmadmax82. Show bmadmax82's posts

Vince Wilfork interview.

I am still curious as to why we cannot pay Wilfork. He has made it clear that he needs to be paid, or he wants to move on. He also said that he will not take any 'home town' discount just to stay in a winning team. According to him 'other teams win too'.
    It's pretty clear that he is looking for a long term deal and  unless it's an absourd amount like Hayesworth, he should be resigned. Otherwise he might go Asante's way and get a big pay day else where and we will be left with the likes of Brace/Pryor. Other option would be to franchise tag him and trade him for atleast a first and a second in this years draft. Use it to pick a high pick who might be able to replace Wilfork. Right now Mt. Cody seems to be an option, but there are issues regarding his weight and technique. 3-4 NT dont grow in trees, so we have to make sure to re sign him, if not, get as many picks as possible. I am sure KC would be in the market for a 3-4 NT, especially with Crennel as DC and they would love to have big Vince.
    Lets hope we resolve this soon.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

Re: Vince Wilfork interview.

He is looking for big bucks and the Patriots are not going to pony up. They hold all the cards right now. He has another year and they will franchise him if they can't agree to a deal on the Pats terms. It will get ugly like they all do like with Samuel and all the others they have gotten rid of. Wilfork is looking for a big contract for the last time. Which won't happen here. I just hope we get something for him like a first rounder and they ship him to the NFC and never see him again........

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

From the sound of it, it looks like he is ready to move on.  I would too if I was him.  I still cant understand what the front office is trying to do.   If they are going to let him go then do it already. I just hope it all works out at the end for both parties.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

I like Vince, in part becasue I'm a Miami Hurricanes fan and Patriots fan. but he needs to shut his trap and negotiate. he wants to get paid like he'a the top NT-which he's not, and we know in a couple years the Pats will get stuck paying high dollar as he'a on the decline.

I say franchise him, then trade him to KC for a first rounder and dget a younger more mobile NT

to me the priority is sign bardy and get some new offensive talent. we can build a young quick defense through the draft

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Kansaspatriot: I live just north of miami and I like the 'canes also but I concur with the plan to trade Vince he's negotiating in the media and just in case Big Vince is reading that turns off all Pats fans,you lost us at I have a family to feed !! We all have families to care for, but if you can't survive on 7 million for a year,which even after taxes is still in excess of 3.25 million dollars,you need too look in a mirror and see just how greedy you've become! You were handed your lunch in the last game you played in,and now your saying that if the Patriots franchise you at 7 mil that you will consider it a slap in the face,get a life fat boy!
    Try finding a job digging ditches in South Florida for 7 million a year,I guarenteee you there aren't any of those jobs open at the present time.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

You can get a good NT cheap, the Pats had one the last 6 years named Vince Wilfork.  I think the Pats offer him what they think he's worth, and if he thinks he's worth more, he will look elsewhere.  I don't think his market value will be huge since not that many teams run a 3-4 and those that do usually have nose tackles under contract.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

then they waste a high draft pick on a position that isnt needed.unless they cause it to be needed.then they target the likes of the kid from alabama.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

"I like Vince, in part becasue I'm a Miami Hurricanes fan and Patriots fan. but he needs to shut his trap and negotiate. he wants to get paid like he'a the top NT-which he's not, and we know in a couple years the Pats will get stuck paying high dollar as he'a on the decline.

I say franchise him, then trade him to KC for a first rounder and dget a younger more mobile NT to me the priority is sign bardy and get some new offensive talent. we can build a young quick defense through the draft". KansasPat
    ------------------------

He's a pretty good NT. He's asked to two gap - which he does well - he's not asked to try to get sacks. he's actually fairly athletic for his size. yes, he's replaceable....but the Pats need someone in place before they let him go. 

In addition, it's hard for him to negotiate if noone is at the other end of the table. He'll likely get franchised...which isn't really a negotiation...more like a hostage situation.

If the Pats continue to use a 3-4 base, it's kind of important to have a good NT.

Yeah, he wants his dough. Do you blame him? It's not like he can play football forever. What's he gonna do afterwards?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

I think it obvious.  BB doesn't think he's as good as many here feel he is. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

the sports media is part to blame for they are saying he is one of the top DT,s in the League.his stats dont show it,but he does require double teaming at times.he is worth a decent contract,but not like the one haynesworth got,or even close to it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

What an ego.

The franch tag says you are the third best DT in the league. Not even just the third best NT, which I don't think he is, but third best DT. I am sure we can all think of three DTs that are better than Wilfork. 

The issue is becoming clear now . . . he is asking for AH dollars.

Tag and trade. Get a pick. Sign Casey Hampton, who is *better* than VW.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

@ZBellino...I think that is a great idea.  He obviously does not want to be in NE anymore with those comments.