Vince Wilfork vs. Donald Jones can we please talk about this

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peduncle72. Show Peduncle72's posts

Vince Wilfork vs. Donald Jones can we please talk about this

Look, I feel bad that Donald was injured but this play was just awesome. By far the favorite of the game, and probably the season. Donald just absorbed a f-in freight train and I loved it.

http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2012/09/30/video-bianca-wilfork-really-liked-her-husbands-hit-on-the-bills-donald-jones/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

Re: Vince Wilfork vs. Donald Jones can we please talk about this

My favorite play as well.  He got pancacked!  Second best play was almost immediately following this one but didn't get the video coverage that this one did, that being when Spikes NAILED their tight end.  They showed his face briefly after the play and it was clear he had no idea where he was. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Complete annihilation.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

the pisser is, vince will probably get fined for weighing 350lbs and acting like a brick wall.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

this was the best part of that game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hQZ6erwI1g

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I thought I was the only one that saw that. That was funny as hell.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

good video of the wilfork hit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N606Knnr_kY

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

In response to jerh5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I thought I was the only one that saw that. That was funny as hell.

[/QUOTE]

I thought the same thing! I almost thought it was in my head, but I bet it was something the fans yelled at him. Glad to see Brady is still fiery on the field.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

This is the initial Jabba the Hut/Luke Skywalker encounter that ended up on Lucas' cutting room floor. I'm glad they included it in the special features on this new Star Wars blue ray set.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

My friend and I cracked up over that Brady comment all game long.  It was the moment the Pats turned it around, and Brady was obviously fired up over it. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"The pisser is, vince will probably get fined for weighing 350lbs and acting like a brick wall."

Let's see:  PERFECT example of a tenured vet hanging back off the LOS, by immediately sensing & sniffing out that the play direction was 1 where the O-Line was giving way and opening up the field for it to be a quick screen angled over the middle upon it opening up.  The understanding to be in the shorter area of the play direction as it opens up, by recognizing & having the patience to quickly check himself into not flowing further past the inevitable play-spot, as VW stops, collects, and plants himself where he was for 1 additional second, as opposed to biting the minutest additional amount extra, and VW NOT deciding to place & start to head himself just 2 or 3 more feet upfield & within the area of those 2 Bills players just out ahead of him, whom were farther ahead.  Plants, and levels Driver the instant Driver gets his hands fully on the ball, smashing him on and underneath his shoulder pads, using NOT his head & helmet in order to lead with this excruciating hit, BUT by VW leading with his OWN shoulder-pads, arms, and neck (it's hard to tell w/ VW...b/c you're working with a bowling ball head on top of a larger enormous rounded sphere, wrecking ball for the remainder of his physical form...1 on top of the other, like snowman chiseled outta granite by Satan on the lone snowy day in he!!); < Needless to say, seeing as standard rules of shape and mass and form, don't readily apply to VW's body-type...: Wilfork lead with the 2nd wrecking ball sphere, not the 1st bowling ball, rounded head sphere...

Which should dutifully should ultimately lead us to conclude, that in today's NFL:  Goodell will land VW, with a fine somewhere in the greater vicinity of the 10-40k mark (10k- "He hit him clean as I've ever seen someone hit that hard, but regardless- I'm Roger Goodell, a low-life totalitarian..." 40k- "I'm Roger Goodell, and I'm SUCH a low-life totalitarian, that I've positioned myself to hedge towards the greater notion of being SUCH a sleezeball, that I need no longer have to worry about justifying- or even rationalizing for that matter, the final things I demand, levy, and/or just enforce...").  

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

1st- Anyone have a vid of the goal-line Spikes hit (Spikes or Hightower?).

2nd- It looks like Brady's saying, "My teeth are fresh."  I mean, sure, sure- I agree that the commonally held interpretation holds the edge in the firey team part AND the more inspiring NE fandom departments, oh- plus it makes sense in light of all the events actually surrounding it...  Still though...some'in' me is just stickin' hard to the conclusion which says Brady's discussing some overall form of oral hygiene right then & there... 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

LAZ IS BACK!!

btw this is a short post for you...more a short story than a novella

How ya been man?  First (and this isn't a "bait" in any way, shape, or form): Did the Jints win against Philly today?  Didn't see the end of it, just quickly flipped through (don't even think I saw the score even- just looked like Philly was givin' 'em a run for it).  DID see Amukamara limpin' off (Was my #1 CB in that particular draft, and was p#ssed he fell to NY @ 31 or something...but man, Is this guy ever gonna get healthy stretch long enough to fully show his potential before it's too late for him? <see NE & Chung + Vareen>). 

Finally, whatTH's NY's W-L record (swear, they could be 4 & 0, or 0 & 4...just haven't watched them or flipped through & scanned even the most basic of standings this early on, even once).

^ Wait...this part's not exactly true.  PhatRex DID convey to us already prior to this week's games, that the NYJ's being 2-1 have already secured a SB birth, esp. considering the fact that before today's outcomes, that NE were already outta the playoffs (this year...and next, actually), due to the fact that before today, NE was 1-2.  He's probably dangling from a rope somewhere...it only dawning on him within the last few hours after it was too late, that 1 & 2 and 2 & 1, were a tad bit closer together than they originally appeared from a Jets' Fans perspective.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In response to agill1970's comment:
    [QUOTE]

My favorite play as well.  He got pancacked!  Second best play was almost immediately following this one but didn't get the video coverage that this one did, that being when Spikes NAILED their tight end.  They showed his face briefly after the play and it was clear he had no idea where he was. 

[/QUOTE]

If you're talking about after the pick....please don't celebrate that. It was dirty and WILL garner a large fine. They don't need to play like that. It reminded me of Meriweather. He should've been penalized but the refs obviously missed it.

He blindsided him (illegal), launched himself (illegal) and went helmet to helmet (illegal). There was nothing about that play that was a good football play. It was NOTHING like the hit Vince laid.

Vince made a ferocious, bone-jarring football play. If you want to try to sneak your 175 lb WR through the middle of the line on a shuffle-like pass...well, those are the risks you run. Vince read Fitzpatrick's eyes, if you watch that play, he looks over and sees the guy coming, peels off and DESTROYS him. That was awesome.

Spikes made some good plays (hitting the guy on the goalline when Mayo caused the fumble, causing a fumble of his own), but that dirty play was not one of them. I don't want a James Harrison on this team.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In response to LazarusintheSanatorium's comment:
    [QUOTE]

1st- Anyone have a vid of the goal-line Spikes hit (Spikes or Hightower?).

2nd- It looks like Brady's saying, "My teeth are fresh."  I mean, sure, sure- I agree that the commonally held interpretation holds the edge in the firey team part AND the more inspiring NE fandom departments, oh- plus it makes sense in light of all the events actually surrounding it...  Still though...some'in' me is just stickin' hard to the conclusion which says Brady's discussing some overall form of oral hygiene right then & there... 

[/QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vc4rRogn3pM

1:45 is what you're looking for. Spikes had a big hit, but...

MAYO CAUSED THE FUMBLE!

Watch as #51 sheds an OLine man and puts his pads directly on the ball. Spikes came in with a big hit on the opposite side, Vince recovers.

Disregard the goofy commentator.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]

good video of the wilfork hit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N606Knnr_kY

[/QUOTE]

I can't get enough of this...seriously. What an awesome hit.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

And entirely clean.  What must Vince have been thinking when the fly flew into the web?  Eyes got huge...poor Jones. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to agill1970's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If you're talking about after the pick....please don't celebrate that. It was dirty and WILL garner a large fine. They don't need to play like that. It reminded me of Meriweather. He should've been penalized but the refs obviously missed it.

He blindsided him (illegal), launched himself (illegal) and went helmet to helmet (illegal). There was nothing about that play that was a good football play. It was NOTHING like the hit Vince laid.

Vince made a ferocious, bone-jarring football play. If you want to try to sneak your 175 lb WR through the middle of the line on a shuffle-like pass...well, those are the risks you run. Vince read Fitzpatrick's eyes, if you watch that play, he looks over and sees the guy coming, peels off and DESTROYS him. That was awesome.

Spikes made some good plays (hitting the guy on the goalline when Mayo caused the fumble, causing a fumble of his own), but that dirty play was not one of them. I don't want a James Harrison on this team.

[/QUOTE]

^ This x100.  The dirtiest play I've seen out of a Patriot since Meriweather launched himself UP into Todd Heap's chin.  I hate seeing these plays from "our" guys.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to LazarusintheSanatorium's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"The pisser is, vince will probably get fined for weighing 350lbs and acting like a brick wall."

Let's see:  PERFECT example of a tenured vet hanging back off the LOS, by immediately sensing & sniffing out that the play direction was 1 where the O-Line was giving way and opening up the field for it to be a quick screen angled over the middle upon it opening up.  The understanding to be in the shorter area of the play direction as it opens up, by recognizing & having the patience to quickly check himself into not flowing further past the inevitable play-spot, as VW stops, collects, and plants himself where he was for 1 additional second, as opposed to biting the minutest additional amount extra, and VW NOT deciding to place & start to head himself just 2 or 3 more feet upfield & within the area of those 2 Bills players just out ahead of him, whom were farther ahead.  Plants, and levels Driver the instant Driver gets his hands fully on the ball, smashing him on and underneath his shoulder pads, using NOT his head & helmet in order to lead with this excruciating hit, BUT by VW leading with his OWN shoulder-pads, arms, and neck (it's hard to tell w/ VW...b/c you're working with a bowling ball head on top of a larger enormous rounded sphere, wrecking ball for the remainder of his physical form...1 on top of the other, like snowman chiseled outta granite by Satan on the lone snowy day in he!!); < Needless to say, seeing as standard rules of shape and mass and form, don't readily apply to VW's body-type...: Wilfork lead with the 2nd wrecking ball sphere, not the 1st bowling ball, rounded head sphere...

Which should dutifully should ultimately lead us to conclude, that in today's NFL:  Goodell will land VW, with a fine somewhere in the greater vicinity of the 10-40k mark (10k- "He hit him clean as I've ever seen someone hit that hard, but regardless- I'm Roger Goodell, a low-life totalitarian..." 40k- "I'm Roger Goodell, and I'm SUCH a low-life totalitarian, that I've positioned myself to hedge towards the greater notion of being SUCH a sleezeball, that I need no longer have to worry about justifying- or even rationalizing for that matter, the final things I demand, levy, and/or just enforce...").  

[/QUOTE]

Genius...just pure genius!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

Glad to see you back, Laz.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

these are the kinds of hits that create opportunities.....

More ball hawking, please......