VINCE WILFORK!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

VINCE WILFORK!

Yes, the guy got pushed around a bit too (a lot of it was holding too, but...), but he stepped up and played a lot of plays knowing his team needed him to.

I can't tell you how glad I am to have this guy signed up long-term.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_483130. Show user_483130's posts

Re: VINCE WILFORK!

yes - he sucked it up tonight. We need some of our DL back.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

Big man showed hes got Stamina 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

The best defensive lineman in the NFL.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

Awesome game, he played his heart out.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bergzilla. Show Bergzilla's posts

Player of game!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Yes--great game by the big guy.  Single-handedly kept that horribly depleted line in the game.  And the Packers were pounding up the middle with Kuhn all night.  That was a very tough challenge and Wilfork really stepped up.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

He and Connoly stepped up and saved us. Brady too. He didn't come out and throw for 400 yards but like the true greats (Only Michael Jordan comes to mind), he made the plays in the most crucial moments, even if the rest of his day was forgetabble. That's another sign of greatness: being able to forget all the mishaps and just focus on the play at hand.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ponyoto. Show ponyoto's posts

Vince pretty much played for 40 mins.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

awesome drop into coverage, awesome tackle of their back (stoned him) an all pro night

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bspikes55. Show Bspikes55's posts

Vince Played great he IS the best D tackle in the nfl. He mad up for a bad performence by Love(still a rookie) and G.Warren( normally solid),

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

In Response to Re: VINCE WILFORK!:
    He and Connoly stepped up and saved us. Brady too. He didn't come out and throw for 400 yards but like the true greats (Only Michael Jordan comes to mind), he made the plays in the most crucial moments, even if the rest of his day was forgetabble. That's another sign of greatness: being able to forget all the mishaps and just focus on the play at hand.
    Posted by apdynasty23

yeah because Michael Jordan never had Pippen to make a shot, or Curr or Rodman come up with a big defensive play. The true greats never shine every night, the true greats find a way to win even if they aren't playing their best. (don't take this as a personal attack)

Wilfork stepped up as the Vet on defense and played all 60 minutes, he set the tone for the rest of the defense to keep playing. Honestly this game wouldn't have felt so bad if that last INT wasn't called back. Otherwise we did fairly well, the Pats and the fans should be used to no namers coming up with ways to make the Pats sweat it out.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

In Response to Re: VINCE WILFORK! : yeah because Michael Jordan never had Pippen to make a shot, or Curr or Rodman come up with a big defensive play. The true greats never shine every night, the true greats find a way to win even if they aren't playing their best. (don't take this as a personal attack) Wilfork stepped up as the Vet on defense and played all 60 minutes, he set the tone for the rest of the defense to keep playing. Honestly this game wouldn't have felt so bad if that last INT wasn't called back. Otherwise we did fairly well, the Pats and the fans should be used to no namers coming up with ways to make the Pats sweat it out.
    Posted by freediro

Yeah I get that but if your star player folds (and Brady had every chance to last night), that sets a tone for your offense and defense. Instead, he stood there in the pocket, continued taking hit after hit and still made plays.

Great win anyway. It was ugly enough to unveil a lot of teaching lessons for Coach so I look forward to beating Buffalo and clinching the AFC East and the #1 seed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeamusNH. Show SeamusNH's posts

Vince was great in the post game interview as well....  We should hear from him more often...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

Vince Played great he IS the best D tackle in the nfl. He mad up for a bad performence by Love(still a rookie) and G.Warren( normally solid),
    Posted by Bspikes55

BSpikes, Vince is great.  Pats have many injuries on DLine - Warren is not healthy, Wright is still wrong, Pryor has been out forever it seems, and Brace is gone too.  These problems are beginning to look alarming.  We need to get some of these guys back soon and playoff ready or teams like the Ravens, Chiefs and others with good ground games may run us off the clock and the firld!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Spikes definitely would have helped against the run. Ngata and Wilfork great at what they do. Vince is the senior on this young team and continues to lead by example.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

VW is always great, I think the large amount of rushing yards accumulated by GB was more a result of our defensive game plan. It seemed to me like we had only 3 or 4 men down for most of the night. The LBs were playing deep as I don't think we believed they would run the ball near the amount they did. Strange considering they were starting newbie???

Did BB just come out with a preseason(vanilla) defense on purpose? I did notice the few times we blitzed we got to the qb!?!?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from skippyz. Show skippyz's posts

Without Vince we would make the playoffs this year.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

Without Vince we would make the playoffs this year.
    Posted by skippyz

Did you leave out the word "not"?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from skippyz. Show skippyz's posts

Yes I did.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimijazz. Show jimijazz's posts

TB is the team's MVP but as great as he's playing Vince has had an even better year when all 14 games are added up.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to VINCE WILFORK!:
    Yes, the guy got pushed around a bit too (a lot of it was holding too, but...), but he stepped up and played a lot of plays knowing his team needed him to. I can't tell you how glad I am to have this guy signed up long-term.
    Posted by apdynasty23

he played great, almost had a couple sacks and and INT, he was getting into the backfield, i hope some of the younger guys saw his effort

Sections
Shortcuts