Vincent Jackson a Patriot?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

Vincent Jackson a Patriot?

Jon Gruden on Mike & Mike this morning if Vincent Jackson could end up a Patriot?  Doesn't make sense for BB to give up a player like Moss with little compensation.  Maybe something is in the works?  There has got to be a silver lining here somewhere.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patrick69. Show patrick69's posts

Re: Vincent Jackson a Patriot?

In Response to Vincent Jackson a Patriot?:
    Jon Gruden on Mike & Mike this morning if Vincent Jackson could end up a Patriot?  Doesn't make sense for BB to give up a player like Moss with little compensation.  Maybe something is in the works?  There has got to be a silver lining here somewhere.
    Posted by MarcW1

LOL!!!!  RIGHT!!!  This team has given up.  Along with not having a pass rush and cornerbacks, we also now have no deep threat.  Welcome to the world of double coverage Wes Welker.  7-9 no playoffs, but PLENTY of draft picks that may or MAY NOT amount to anything.  They keep tooling for the future and wasting Brady years.  Pathetic

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

What does San Diego want for Jackson? A 2nd? Plus, Jackson is going to want a lot of cash, and he has a history of off the field bs. From a physical perspective, he has great size and good hands. I think he would be a nice addition if we could make it work without giving San Diego one of our 2nds next year and insuring his contract is laden with behavioural bonuses. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

It's all these stockpiles draft picks that could be bundled to get a guy like Vincent Jackson.  Trading Moss for a 3rd round pick can't be our last move.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Do you really see San Diego trading to the Patriots even for a first. (which BB wouldn't give)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Lets hope not MarcW1. But if it is, we still have a competent receiving corps including our TE's. I haven't heard squat about Taylor Price for some time. Does he get more playing time?...Is Tate featured as our new #1 outside threat? Does anyone step into that role, or is the Pats offense just made up of a lot of #2's if you know what I mean...akin to the early 2000 teams. 

If we were 0-4, i could see us mailing this season in...but we are in the hunt and competitive and our defense will continue to get better as the season goes on an when games really start to count....I got to think and pray the Moss move is because we have something else queued up, or BB feels confident that Tate can be the #1/2, Hernandez is featured a lot more, and Price slides in somewhere higher on the depth chart. Didn't mention Welker because he is a given in the above mix. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nightrider495. Show nightrider495's posts

I can't really see the Pats trading for Vincent Jackson. The Chargers didn't take a 2nd and 3rd from Minnesota. I don't see Bill giving that up, let alone the financial aspect of the deal. Looks like we will have the guys that are here, sans Moss. I would have rather let him walk after this year and got the 3rd round compensation for him. Things must have been worse than people thought between Moss and the Patriots for them to ship him for what they would have gotten anyways.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

The Pats lose Moss and Jets add Holmes. I hoping there's an additional move by the Pats to counter the loss of Moss and to defend Holmes.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

not going to happen, they are tading one head case for another if that was the case.  the pats now have 2 picks in each of the first 3 rounds.  i would lik to think they will bundle some together and maybe throw in Mankins for somethinggggg

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wlbredsoxfan. Show wlbredsoxfan's posts

Jackson wants 30 million guaranteed.  Take my word, it won't happen.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Why would San Deigo want to help New England? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DripFace. Show DripFace's posts

Mankins and the 3rd to SD for Jackson.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In Response to Re: Vincent Jackson a Patriot?:
    Do you really see San Diego trading to the Patriots even for a first. (which BB wouldn't give)
    Posted by NEGAME

Yes. Mostly because AJ Smith (SD GM) has the biggest ego in San Diego and will be more interested in moving Jackson at some point the longer this stretches out.

Also, don't forget the Pats had a deal in place to get Boldin before the draft. A #2 I believe, but he wanted an extension (4@28), and the Pats didn't want to do it at that time. I'm still mad they let that one go away, and possibly seeing Boldin wrecking everyone in Baltimore has made them a little more aggressive. Jackson (27, 6'5, 230) is younger, and amazingly he's bigger and faster than Boldin (30, 6'1, 233). Both are tough receivers not afraid to go inside, but Boldin has taken a few injuries. Tough as anyone in the NFL, but injuries are injuries, and they add up.

Jackson is the right age, size, mentality (as a player, no idea off the field) to give big money to. Every signing is a risk, but this type of signing has significantly less than similar WR deals (Boldin/B.Marshall/Moss/B.Edwards/R.Williams/A.Johnson) done more recently. He's a lot closer to Calvin Johnson/Larry Fitzgerald.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuck55. Show chuck55's posts

I have to believe that BB feels Tate is ready to take a more active role as a deep threat. Also feel the Pats are chaging their style to a more ball control offense to help keep the D off the field. Tight ends are the key to this move. What if a trade to be worked out is for a pass rusher (although I doubt it) I believe that is the Pats biggest need of all.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Jackson wants to get paid, he'll never get the money he wants in New England.

Brandon Tate would have been the first receiver taken overall had he not blown out his knee, this kid has two kickoff returns in the regular season already and they worked him into the gameplan against the doll fans.

Taylor Price has David Givens size with much faster wheels and Julian Edelmen hasn't got to play at all.  People seem to forget that by adding another tightend or two into the mix has taken oppourtunity away from a receiver or two.  We will be fine without Jackson or Moss...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hayley-1999. Show hayley-1999's posts

It was great watching the Patriots with Randy Moss as the home run threat but the Patriots had evolved into the team they had beaten in their 1st Super Bowl win , the St. Louis Rams. They never won a Super Bowl with Moss and I believe that after watching Monday night's game they finally came to that same conclusion. It was their best win in a long time and he probably was pissing and moaning about how they didn't throw to him after the game, so this opportunity presented itself and they took advantage of it. They are better off grinding out these victories with a short to medium passing game and a solid running game. It protects Tom Brady and it keeps the Patriots defense off the field for longer periods of the game , in short a change in strategy/philosophy. I think we have in-house replacements for Moss and I think its the right thing to do. Bill knows what he is doing! Don't sweat it. We're going back to good old Patriot Football!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1024us. Show m1024us's posts

Steve Smith is not happy in Carolina.....

Ocho Cinco would love to play for the Pats......

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1024us. Show m1024us's posts

In Response to Vincent Jackson a Patriot? : LOL!!!!  RIGHT!!!  This team has given up.  Along with not having a pass rush and cornerbacks, we also now have no deep threat.  Welcome to the world of double coverage Wes Welker.  7-9 no playoffs, but PLENTY of draft picks that may or MAY NOT amount to anything.  They keep tooling for the future and wasting Brady years.  Pathetic
    Posted by patrick69

They must be doing something right getting between 10 and 16 wins per year and being competitve....Can't argue with the formula....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I don't think it's wise to remove one headache in favor of another, and it's important to remember that Jackson is the guy the Vikings wanted, but wouldn't accede to his ridiculous salary demands. Couple that with a looming suspension and does Jackson look like a viable alternative for the Pats?

I say "no."

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

Steve Smith is not happy in Carolina..... Ocho Cinco would love to play for the Pats......
    Posted by m1024us

BB has been enamored with Chad for a long time. Would not shock me at all if Ocho is a Patriot.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

not going to happen, they are tading one head case for another if that was the case.  the pats now have 2 picks in each of the first 3 rounds.  i would lik to think they will bundle some together and maybe throw in Mankins for somethinggggg
    Posted by bostondynNASTY

Actually we have two picks in each of the first FOUR rounds.  We swapped 4th and 6th with Denver for Maroney.  8 premium picks.  We gotta do something with them.  There isn't room on the roster next year to keep all these guys.  Mankins and a 2nd for Vincent Jackson?  I'd do it and so would SD.  Mankins is a CA boy.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I don't think it's wise to remove one headache in favor of another, and it's important to remember that Jackson is the guy the Vikings wanted, but wouldn't accedeto his ridiculous salary demands. Couple that with a looming suspension and does Jackson look like a viable alternative for the Pats? I say "no."
    Posted by p-mike

If memory serves, Jacksons agent said a contract was in place, but a trade was never completed. People keep calling Jackson a problem...I know about the DUIs, and those are bad...but anything else? I've never heard of him being a problem teammate, but people are talking about him like TO.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I actually think Jackson is a better "fit" for what NE wants to do these days on offense. That said, Jackson isn't coming to NE. Period.

NE didn't trade Moss because they gave up on the season. They traded him because he forced it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Z, they also released Javerris James from the practice squad to create a roster spot. Something HAS to be in the works. I see why Jackson wouldn't come here but like we did with Randy in 2007, why not give him a good 3-year deal and see what it bears? I think he fits better with this personnel than Moss did. I also think that if his agent tells him he can get traded and finally play football, his contract demands will subside just a bit.

Sections
Shortcuts