Vincent Jackson Deal Very CLose!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Re: Vincent Jackson Deal Very CLose!

In Response to Re: Vincent Jackson Deal Very CLose!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vincent Jackson Deal Very CLose! : The more likely plan would be to bring in Branch as a stopgap and then look to the draft.
    Posted by Evil2010[/QUOTE]

If they can get Branch for a low pick they should do it.  I realize he's not the Branch from 2005 but I think the team would find a way to use him and Brady likes to have guys that know how to get open.  I'm not convinced they need Branch, but he will fit the bill for the next few years if they get him. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vincent Jackson Deal Very CLose! : If they can get Branch for a low pick they should do it.  I realize he's not the Branch from 2005 but I think the team would find a way to use him and Brady likes to have guys that know how to get open.  I'm not convinced they need Branch, but he will fit the bill for the next few years if they get him. 
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn[/QUOTE]

For nothing higher than a 5th or 6th.....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Very close?  As in no chance of happening? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Can't wait for some one to start a thread about Reggie Wayne coming to New England.

So far we've speculated on Lee Evans, Deion Branch, Larry Fitzgerald, Vincent Jackson and Steve Smith.  Brandon Marshal anybody?  How about Braylon Edwards, he's got some issues, should be on the trading block right?  Oivey.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

aaahhhh interesting.... from the same guy that posted a thread that said if the pats didnt get another running back they would be "throwin in the towel" on the season....in your opinion

im starting to see why rusty always trashed you....

team is fine without jackson...patriots generally dont bring in players with real issues...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]aaahhhh interesting.... from the same guy that posted a thread that said if the pats didnt get another running back they would be "throwin in the towel" on the season....in your opinion im starting to see why rusty always trashed you.... team is fine without jackson...patriots generally dont bring in players with real issues...
    Posted by jcour382[/QUOTE]

Agree. I don't want Jackson. Too much baggage, plus cost to get him and sign him way to much. It's reported the Chargers want a 1st and 2nd from an AFC team for him?...no way that happens. There is no possibility either that we will do a Mankins for Jackson swap. Chargers don't need a guard, they have 2 good ones....In the end, this would not be a good business decision unless San Diego dropped their shorts and we laced the contract with behavioral / incentive laden stuff. I can't see both of those happening.

I think potentially adding DBranch is a much better option. We can do it cheaply, he serves as a mentor plus quality depth at WR, and a nice stop gap if required until the younger guys develop a bit more....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

Ya, Evil that sounds a bit more likely....A known commodity with however much gas in the tank and zero organizational  indoctrination required...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

i dont understand the deal... moss wanted a new contract and didnt get one, but continued to work. jackson is a hold out. who is to say he doesnt pull that crap all over again.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeisOffenseReturns. Show WeisOffenseReturns's posts

NE's 2nd rounder and Mankins is as high as I would go, as well as an understanding that he isn't getting "30 million guaranteed".

You don't get two DUIs, one away from suspension, and dictate guaranteed money. You should have throught of that before you foolishly got hammered and got behind the wheel.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderdrums. Show wonderdrums's posts

I know VJax is young but he's not worth two draft picks of any combo in the first three rounds. Explain to me how if the Pats wouldnt pay Moss, why would they pay this guy? Dont tell me age because Moss is clearly the better player and will still be the better player three years from now. Go Pats!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from uncommon13. Show uncommon13's posts

Jackson will not be a Patriot. Maybe Branch but I highly doubt that one too. They are gonna go with the guys they have

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

BB is going to stay with what he has. The only addition possible would that Mankins signs, which he probably will so he doesn't lose a whole year of elgibility.

BB smells blood in the water with all of his draft picks. I think he knows that this year he has a competitive team, but they are also more of a sleeper without Moss. They have potential to go on a run like the 07 Giants who barely made the playoffs yet ended up winning the SB.

BB made the Moss, Seymour, Vrable deals to get younger and field a winner during Brady's last huge payday. Between this past draft and the upcoming one, we will have a very young and talented team and that is what BB was looking for. Don't think that BB made this deal thinking his team is actually more talented this year without Randy Moss.

As for troll, I think the word is overused, but it was total BS to post a headline like this.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

[QUOTE]I know VJax is young but he's not worth two draft picks of any combo in the first three rounds. Explain to me how if the Pats wouldnt pay Moss, why would they pay this guy? Dont tell me age because Moss is clearly the better player and will still be the better player three years from now. Go Pats!
    Posted by wonderdrums[/QUOTE]
    VJ is a WR in his prime, Moss has 2 years left before he gets slow. If the pats want him 2 picks it is.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vincent Jackson Deal Very CLose! : VJ is a WR in his prime, Moss has 2 years left before he gets slow. If the pats want him 2 picks it is.
    Posted by jbolted[/QUOTE]

I hear he's coming back guess he's reading the Patriots message board and wants to be on a great team--the Patriots of coarse.

I'd love to se this happen -just to kick Moss in the a**

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vincent Jackson Deal Very CLose! : VJ is a WR in his prime, Moss has 2 years left before he gets slow. If the pats want him 2 picks it is.
    Posted by jbolted[/QUOTE]

his numbers for his first five years 

http://www.nfl.com/players/vincentjackson/profile?id=JAC627460

don't even compare to moss

http://www.nfl.com/players/randymoss/profile?id=MOS699912

don't believe the hype, why has only one team made a run for VJ?

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

Jackson coming to New England..............SLIM TO NONE AND SLIM JUST LEFT TOWN........AND WE DON'T WANT HIM TO BOOT..............

Sections
Shortcuts