Vincent Jackson for Logan Mankins?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Vincent Jackson for Logan Mankins?

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors?date=20100622&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl%2ffeatures%2frumors%3fdate%3d20100622#5154

There's nothing to read there really: it just says Vincent Jackson will likely get traded now.

Could this deal be a possibility? I'll admit I have no idea if the numbers work or anything but I'm pretty sure this wouldn't be the dumbest post of all time so I'll ask you guys for your opinion.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Re: Vincent Jackson for Logan Mankins?

Not going to happen. How could the Pats' justify paying Jackson, and not talking extension with Randy Moss?

San Diego has already turned down overtures from Seattle about the prospects of trading Jackson: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/06/22/chargers-said-no-thanks-to-vincent-jackson-trade-inquiry/

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Re: Vincent Jackson for Logan Mankins?:
         Not going to happen. How could the Pats' justify paying Jackson, and not talking extension with Randy Moss?      San Diego has already turned down overtures from Seattle about the prospects of trading Jackson: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/06/22/chargers-said-no-thanks-to-vincent-jackson-trade-inquiry/
    Posted by TexasPat3

Aside from that, I think it'd be an excellent trade. Clearly, Logan has let his mouth run him out of town.

Key is; What kind of money is jackson looking for?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ehop14. Show Ehop14's posts

Not paying Moss is perfectly justifiable! Jackson is younger and could be a No. 1 receiver for a long time! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Why would the Pats trade one disgruntled player who wants to break bank for another disgruntled player who wants more money? 

If the Pats are going to do a player-for-player trade it's going to be for a player with a locked contract. Otherwise it'll be for draft picks. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Mostly an overrated player consider SD's offense focus alot on verticle passing over 20 yards, yet his stats look ordinary with a pretty good QB throwing him the ball. If anything, we have young WRs with similar tools that can be developed into similar thing. I rather take Moss for another 3 years than getting Vincent Jackson for 4-5. Moss at this stage of his career is still a better deep threat and a better redzone target.
    Posted by pochen23

Vincent Jackson's stats are lower than you'd expect for a team with Phillip Rivers at quarterback, but at 6'6" and 230 Jackson is undoubtedly the better red zone threat.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

In Response to Vincent Jackson for Logan Mankins?:
    http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors?date=20100622&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl%2ffeatures%2frumors%3fdate%3d20100622#5154 There's nothing to read there really: it just says Vincent Jackson will likely get traded now. Could this deal be a possibility? I'll admit I have no idea if the numbers work or anything but I'm pretty sure this wouldn't be the dumbest post of all time so I'll ask you guys for your opinion.
    Posted by apdynasty23

Logan Mankins is a slightly above average, and I mean very slightly. Jackson is a top 5 WR in the NFL and rising. Aint no way SD would do such a stupid trade. The only chance of unloading Mankins- I use unloading because thats what it is-would be to ship him off to some non-contender. Much like that tool Seymour going to Oakland.  get real dude, no way.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

Mostly an overrated player consider SD's offense focus alot on verticle passing over 20 yards, yet his stats look ordinary with a pretty good QB throwing him the ball. If anything, we have young WRs with similar tools that can be developed into similar thing. I rather take Moss for another 3 years than getting Vincent Jackson for 4-5. Moss at this stage of his career is still a better deep threat and a better redzone target.
    Posted by pochen23

Jackson's overrated? Shoot, he's underrated. He led the NFL in yards per catch (68 catches). He's better than Moss right now, on account of the fact that VJ actually blocks on running plays and equals the declining Moss elsewhere.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

For one why would we want to make that team better by giving them a top 5 OG? They are a contender in the AFC that would be stuuuuupid. And 2 the Chargers already have a good LG dont they? That they paid a lot of money? And 3 why would we pay this guy and not even talk to Moss who has done nothing been produce since he got here?
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

I think people need to consider the possibility that Randy Moss might still be able to produce at a high level for the next 4 or 5 years.  The man may just be the best wr to ever play the game. He is 6'4 with cheetah like speed, a massive vertical leap and great hands. Why would it be crazy to think that with Tom Brady throwing this guy the ball that he will be a top 5 wr the remainder of his career? Age hurts everybody but look at what special players like Jerry Rice and even Marvin Harrison did late in there careers.

I know what Moss said about being gone next year but I would not be surprised at all if "Brady to Moss" is heard a little less then 2007 but a lot more then 2009 which may result in a new contract.

With all that said, Screw vincent Jackson he wants mega star money and is one dimensional( leap up for the long ball) 60-70 catches a year for this guy is his peak, and he is ready to hold out on his team till week 10??? Why would we want a player like that?

Re-sign Randy!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

In Response to Re: Vincent Jackson for Logan Mankins? : Vincent Jackson's stats are lower than you'd expect for a team with Phillip Rivers at quarterback, but at 6'6" and 230 Jackson is undoubtedly the better red zone threat.
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188

(insert loud buzzer sound)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIvxqUCu41Q

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: Vincent Jackson for Logan Mankins? : Vincent Jackson's stats are lower than you'd expect for a team with Phillip Rivers at quarterback, but at 6'6" and 230 Jackson is undoubtedly the better red zone threat.
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188

Really? I thought Randy Moss led the league in tds last year. Oh yeah in a down year. Didnt some guy named matt cassel who had ZERO long ball ability manage to throw him 11 tds the year before? Id take Moss over every wr in the league.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Moss is better then Jackson, that is a Fact.

I'd take Moss in a down year over Jackson anytime.

This trade wouldn't happen, both players want large contracts. Why dump Mankins, a Top 5 guard, for a WR that wants a huge contract and wouldn't even be the number one guy here?

I think, in the end, Mankins will get traded, but it will be for a second round pick or a player that has a multiyear contract already.

Personally, I rather the Pats and Mankins come to an agreement and Mankins gets signed long term, but with his public bashing of the organization, that scenario looks improbable at best.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

It's official the bias is in full swing.
    I'm gettin' a kick out of how well Mankins is portrayed here.
    Maybe the coaching staff feels the same way as y'all, oh what, maybe not because he's being shopped.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

It's official the bias is in full swing. I'm gettin' a kick out of how well Mankins is portrayed here. Maybe the coaching staff feels the same way as y'all, oh what, maybe not because he's being shopped.
    Posted by jbolted

Would you honestly rather have Vincent Jackson then Randy Moss? If your answer is yes then you are correct, the bias is in full swing.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

jackson already has 2 strikes against him in the league's substance abuse program. one more and he faces a major suspension. add that to the fact that he most likely wants to be the top paid receiver in football = no way is he coming here.
    look for the pats to dump mankins on KC or denver or one of the other NE imitations for draft picks. good for the future i suppose but like last year with seymour, i think it will hurt our team a lot this season to lose this guy. got to find a way to keep him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

no thanks, lets just get the draft picks for mankin and be done with him, the are more Vollmers out there.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Not paying Moss is perfectly justifiable! Jackson is younger and could be a No. 1 receiver for a long time! 
    Posted by Ehop14

Jackson is just one more DWI away from facing suspension from the league: http://www.duiattorney.com/news/6839-chargers-vincent-jackson-pleads-guilty-to-dui-charge

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Not going to happen. How could the Pats' justify paying Jackson, and not talking extension with Randy Moss?      San Diego has already turned down overtures from Seattle about the prospects of trading Jackson: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/06/22/chargers-said-no-thanks-to-vincent-jackson-trade-inquiry/
    Posted by TexasPat3

I'll bite and I am being sincere. Randy Moss will go down in history as one of the 5 best receivers ever, I think, but his best years are behind him.  That does not mean he is not still good, but Jackson has many great years in front of him.  That's a reason

And now I will waffle - but here's why the pats don't want him and I agree with whoever said why trade for a disgruntled receiver.  The fact is there are very few QB's better than Rivers.  In fact, he's right there with Brady, Manning and Brees.  No he hasn't won, but I don't think that is his fault. 

so if a receiver can't understand where his bread is buttered (the QB) then why would a change of scenery change that?   Even if the pats did give him a contract, would he like it?  Will he be coming back to the table in 2 years saying he's underpaid because Brady is good enough to make him look his best?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

In Response to Re: Vincent Jackson for Logan Mankins? : Would you honestly rather have Vincent Jackson then Randy Moss? If your answer is yes then you are correct, the bias is in full swing.
    Posted by TrueChamp

Moss does not block, never has, never will. Yes I would rather have VJ. Moss is on the downside of his career, whereas VJ is just now starting to shine. Moss has 2  good years left, Vincent Jackson at least 8. And on account of the fact that the Chargers are better than the Patriots, VJ has better shot at a ring then Moss ever will again.   

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Airmanflight23. Show Airmanflight23's posts

In Response to Re: Vincent Jackson for Logan Mankins? : Moss does not block, never has, never will. Yes I would rather have VJ. Moss is on the downside of his career, whereas VJ is just now starting to shine. Moss has 2  good years left, Vincent Jackson at least 8. And on account of the fact that the Chargers are better than the Patriots, VJ has better shot at a ring then Moss ever will again.   
    Posted by jbolted

Wow, you sound like an idiot. Moss may not exactly be like Hines Ward when it comes to blocking but he has done an adequate job.  You actually made the statement that V. Jackson is straight up better than Moss?! Hahaha! And that Mankins (a pro-bowler in his prime) is “slightly above average”.  Do you even watch football out side of Charger games?  You’re making a fool out of yourself.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

J-Bolt I was going to respond but I suspect you are attempting to be humerous. No reason to list the accomplishments of each player(yes even as recently as last year) Moss is an Iron man. He is still the most feared wr in the league. Vincent Jackson only instills fear when he jumps behind the wheel of a motor vehicle.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

J-Bolt I was going to respond but I suspect you are attempting to be humerous. No reason to list the accomplishments of each player(yes even as recently as last year) Moss is an Iron man. He is still the most feared wr in the league. Vincent Jackson only instills fear when he jumps behind the wheel of a motor vehicle.
    Posted by TrueChamp

Hahaha brilliantly said. But I'll expound if I may...

Jackson is a one trick pony, tall guy with decent top end speed who can reach over people ala Plaxio Burress by running straight ahead as fast as possible.  One solidly built corner (Leigh Bodden) or a safety that can cover (Meriweather) can jam him at the line of scrimmage and he is useless against a defense with any semblance of a pass rush.  It took him 5 seasons to get voted as an alternate in the Pro Bowl, I don't see him peaking any higher than last season ever again.

Moss on the other hand has Olympic speed, a strong upper body to shuck defenders or block, Olympic high jump ability and soft hands.  He was highly regarded coming out of high school as the nation's best athlete in multiple sports...  that we're mentioning Jackson in the same breath as Moss at any age is a joke.

Mankins is a top 5 guard in the NFL; how that could be overrated is a mystery to me.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Nuff Said.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

I mean seriously, we are talking about a guy who has never crack 1200 yards and 10 TDs in a season... Randy Moss does that in his sleep while playing with the like of Jeff George and Matt Cassel.... Randy Moss, in his supposely twilight of his career the last two years have 24 TD, Vincent Jackson in his whole career so far has 25 TD. I mean, the standard now a day is so low that Randy Moss in his prime should be paid 20 mil a year to justify what WRs now a day are asking....
    Posted by pochen23

poochy
    Vincent Jackson doesnt quit on plays, he averages 17.2 yards per catch during his career, and as of FEB 2011 he has a ring; something MOSS will never have.
    NUFF SAID.
    Moss is a slouch

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

It's official the bias is in full swing. I'm gettin' a kick out of how well Mankins is portrayed here. Maybe the coaching staff feels the same way as y'all, oh what, maybe not because he's being shopped.
    Posted by jbolted

Don't depend on what you read here, go read the writers out there. Nearly all agree Mankins is a top 5 guard. I challenge you to find one who agrees with you that he's "slightly above average".

You'e a riot. Mankins is a bum but Jackson is better than Moss? LOL!!
    Moss is #6 all-time in NFL receiving yards. He'll probably be #2 or #3 by the end of next season. Jackson is number...I don't know. I can't even find him on the list (but the list only includes the top 250) maybe Jackson is #251.

Sure, I'd trade Mankins for Jackson, we could use him and Mankins is a goner, but don't bet the house that Jackson becomes our #1 receiver!
    http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/rec_yds_career.htm

Sections
Shortcuts