Vincent Jackson: Headed for Free Agency

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from elzizou98. Show elzizou98's posts

Vincent Jackson: Headed for Free Agency

Update: With several less costly options available in what promises to be a deep group of free agent wide receivers this year, it is looking like the Chargers will let Jackson test the open market, the San Diego Union-Tribune reports.

Recommendation: The Chargers like Jackson and were previously willing to discuss a long-term deal with their top wideout, but it’s looking like they don’t want to spend the money that he will likely command. The team is publicly saying that they want to be in play when Jackson starts receiving offers, but it is sounding like the Bolts will probably try to see if a suitable replacement can be had at a lower cost. It’s a bit of a risky play because many believe Jackson will be the first receiver off the board this offseason, but it looks like general manager A.J. Smith is comfortable taking that gamble for now.

Follow Yahoo! Sports' NFL coverage on Twitter.

I would love to see him in a Pats uniform, I hope Mr Kraft and BB can look into that.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

Re: Vincent Jackson: Headed for Free Agency

If the Pats can get BOTH Welker & Jackson into the fold it would be LIGHTS OUT!!!!!

Suree Jackson has some baggage but I believe he'd get his act togather to play for Brady & as long as the contract reflected an "excape clause" based on behavior issues I'd LOVE to add his talent to ther offense....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Jackson would cost more then Wallace. No thanks.

I'd be happy with Lloyd at 2 yrs 15mil as one analysts suggested and either targeting a player in the draft or Laurent Robinson from Dal 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joel63. Show Joel63's posts

"escape clause."

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Some team may over value and thus over pay for Jackson but it won't be the Pats. 

Jackson is a couple years removed from a good season, he was very hit or miss last year (I know, he was on my fantasy team!) and was fighting nagging injuries through out the year as well.

With this FA WR class, if the Pats want to go that route, they can do better than VJax.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

For a guy who is as selfish, inconsistent, and one-dimensional as he is, he is NOT worth the money.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

For a guy who is as selfish, inconsistent, and one-dimensional as he is, he is NOT worth the money.