Vincent Jackson or Brandon Lloyd.. Who would you take?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Vincent Jackson or Brandon Lloyd.. Who would you take?

So it looks like Vincent Jackson is going to be a free man this coming season and with all the Brandon Lloyd wanting to follow Josh McDanials talk it looks like the Patriots could have a shot at one of these two players.  If so, who would you like to see the Patriots get?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Re: Vincent Jackson or Brandon Lloyd.. Who would you take?

Lloyd, will cost a lot less, not a malcontent like Jackson has been throughout his career.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Llyoyd so we have cap to get some D players like Marshall CB

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Hasn't Lloyd had some issues too?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Neither, BB doesn't like to spend in free agency. 

Look for someone through the draft or look for someone lesser than Jackson or Lloyd. Both want big contracts, we need to build a better defense. This offense will not win us a SB, they've failed to do so when they don't have a stout defense to back them up. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

In Response to Vincent Jackson or Brandon Lloyd.. Who would you take?:
    [QUOTE]So it looks like Vincent Jackson is going to be a free man this coming season and with all the Brandon Lloyd wanting to follow Josh McDanials talk it looks like the Patriots could have a shot at one of these two players.  If so, who would you like to see the Patriots get?
    Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE]

Vincent is the better player. Lloyed would come for less, knows the system but has drop issues. He better make a big play early in his new Pats uniform or he will be like Ocho. TB will have only one catch a game for him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Vincent Jackson is better, dominating. Probably too much money though.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Jackson is better but

Lloyd is cheaper, knows the system, excelled in the system (career highs), and if McDaniels trusts him you know Brady will give him a longer leash then most WR's who have come in

I would go Lloyd and maybe target a guy like Laurent Robinson as a second WR FA

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I'll take Tiquan Underwood thank you very much.

I want the guy with a year in this system.

I dont know that Lloyd wil fit here just because he was good in McDs system.
    You still have to be on page and have chemistry with Brady and thats not a given.

How about spending free agent money a REAL safety so we arent forced to play vanilla all year?
    Does anyone think the reason we lost the Sb was due to lack of deep threat?

I mean All Ocho did was come in when is number was called and catch all but one ball all year.( the rest were bad throws by Brady)  They wont even use a deep threat as long as we have the TE's we have.

Slater aint going nowhere, theres your deep threat. One catch all year. He was the guy instead of Ocho going deep.  What does that tell you?  Slater is a better WR than Ocho?....NO, it means established WR's have a hard time when they come here and homegrown ones with less talent will get looks before them.

Too many issues to spend big money on a WR who get easily get a hammy and have you wasting money.
    Get PLAYERS on defense. Get Big, Nasty  O Lineman, Get a Big, Ugly back like Jacobs...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ayisyen. Show Ayisyen's posts

I would take Colston?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Vincent Jackson or Brandon Lloyd.. Who would you take?:
    [QUOTE]I'll take Tiquan Underwood thank you very much. I want the guy with a year in this system. I dont know that Lloyd wil fit here just because he was good in McDs system. You still have to be on page and have chemistry with Brady and thats not a given. How about spending free agent money a REAL safety so we arent forced to play vanilla all year? Does anyone think the reason we lost the Sb was due to lack of deep threat? I mean All Ocho did was come in when is number was called and catch all but one ball all year.( the rest were bad throws by Brady)  They wont even use a deep threat as long as we have the TE's we have. Slater aint going nowhere, theres your deep threat. One catch all year. He was the guy instead of Ocho going deep.  What does that tell you?  Slater is a better WR than Ocho?....NO, it means established WR's have a hard time when they come here and homegrown ones with less talent will get looks before them. Too many issues to spend big money on a WR who get easily get a hammy and have you wasting money. Get PLAYERS on defense. Get Big, Nasty  O Lineman, Get a Big, Ugly back like Jacobs...
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

Yes because Underwood is a better receiver then Lloyd, seriously Jay?

Home grown talent hasn't worked here either, should I say Price, Tate, B Johnson, Jackson. How many PS WR's everyone falls in love with during the summer months? Heck even Edelman doesn't receiver a lot of reps and he's been our most successful WR drafted since Branch and he was a QB at the time!

Sorry Jay but having someone familiar with a system designed around Brady who excelled in that system gives him an advantage over every other WR in the league or in the draft. If he doesn't break the bank then he's more the worth grabbing, opposed to keeping Ocho for another year who clearly couldn't understand the system or the Holts and Galloways of the world

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Eng, practive squad players have done better than the high draft picks.

Im just saying, the kid showed enough to get on field and have bradys trust.

he showed me he can open underneath. I dont know if his lack of deep ball skills would even matter here. How many times do you think we go deep and what are the results? we need a chain mover, not an expensive prima dona who we cant project in our system.

Now I will admit the Tiquan thing was a bit tongue in cheek and I still believe we need a VET WR, I just dont agree it has to be a big name or big money guy.

I think you start in house, see what you have, make a choice on Wes

Build your defense as much as possible in free agency and then adress WR in free afency with a 2nd tier guy that allows you to also keep Wes or get another guy.

You cant afford to put all your eggs in into one WR. Too many injuries at that position and uncertainty with chemistry.  If Jackson came here and tore his hammy  in training camp, guys would be livid!

I would take a flyer on Wayne and Royal.

Remember this offense is built around # 87 and # 81, you just need to compliment them. Brady has already made up his mind.  He has grown accustomed to throwing inside the hashes, its an easier throw and keeps him clean.

Im just saying, stick with whats working and build around it, dont pay a guy a boatload just to be a role player.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

for the record I dont want Ocho back either.

Thats the point. Ocho, Lloyd. Tell me the difference? a few years? Lloyd hasnt consistently put up #s in the league. Just one year.

Also they resigned Tiquan the day after the SB. Why did they do that?

They could easily let him walk so he has shown something

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Either?  Both?  Whatever....  Yeah we need a WR...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]Eng, practive squad players have done better than the high draft picks. Im just saying, the kid showed enough to get on field and have bradys trust. he showed me he can open underneath. I dont know if his lack of deep ball skills would even matter here. How many times do you think we go deep and what are the results? we need a chain mover, not an expensive prima dona who we cant project in our system. Now I will admit the Tiquan thing was a bit tongue in cheek and I still believe we need a VET WR, I just dont agree it has to be a big name or big money guy. I think you start in house, see what you have, make a choice on Wes Build your defense as much as possible in free agency and then adress WR in free afency with a 2nd tier guy that allows you to also keep Wes or get another guy. You cant afford to put all your eggs in into one WR. Too many injuries at that position and uncertainty with chemistry.  If Jackson came here and tore his hammy  in training camp, guys would be livid! I would take a flyer on Wayne and Royal. Remember this offense is built around # 87 and # 81, you just need to compliment them. Brady has already made up his mind.  He has grown accustomed to throwing inside the hashes, its an easier throw and keeps him clean. Im just saying, stick with whats working and build around it, dont pay a guy a boatload just to be a role player.
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

Ok I hear you but Underwood never really gained Brady's trust. How many times did Underwood get looks after Brady basically chewed him out on the sidelines in which OB came over and got into a yelling match with Brady?

Signed under contract right now we have Underwood, Ocho, and Edelman.

Branch clearly has diminishing skills and I wouldn't bring back unless as a #4 WR. Slater is clearly a ST only guy. Welker I hope they resign and tag but short of that who's your #2 and #3 WR's? Ocho, Underwood, Edelman, and Slater haven't shown they can handle the job.

I agree I want to go heavy D too and that's one reason I wouldn't go after Jackson but Lloyd doesn't look like he will command big money. Looking at his numbers outside of McDaniels years he wasn't anything spectacular and I think that will help set his salary low. Possible lower then what Ocho got last year. Think $4-5mil/year deal which should give a cap hit of $3mil or so. Nothing outrageous and he's already familiar with the system, just as much as any PS player next year (PS and lower teir WR's work with Hoyer and Mallett not Brady). If Lloyd was seeking top WR money I'd move on but I think everyone understands he's going to command high #2 low #1 money which should fit nicely with the Pats $25mil room (plus whatever they get for releasing players). That should leave more then enough to get some good vet players for teh secondary and let us spend picks on the front 7

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Eng, I honestly dont know what Lloyd is asking for as far as money so its hard for me to say.

Will he take less money to come here because he likes Josh? IDK.

If we could get Lloyd on the cheap, I would say yes because atleast he knows the system, I was thinking he wants money.

I think ultimately me and you want the same thing. I just want there to be enough money for us to a get a good safety and other need players and not have Slater playing back there or #44 for that matter.

I think our lack of experienced players in the secondary forced us to play vanilla all day in the SB and allowed us to get gashed in the run game.

I want Laron Landry. Get him here and it really doenst matter to me after that....Just get OUR SAFETY!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

NE needs all sorts of help in the DB department -- but that's another thread. Maybe Ras-I decides not to be another CB bust? Who knows?

But outside reciever has been a problem since Moss's decline. And even when Moss was here, he was a little one trick. 

NE's needs:

A running back that draws attention from game planners (maybe one of the young guys can step up into this role).

An outside WR who draws attention from game planners and can't be eliminated in single coverage. Ocho and Branch at this stage in their career are ok second options ... NE needs a first option. 

Thus this thread. 

Jackson pro: He is better, as most note. He is also younger. He is also more versatile because of his size. 

Jackson con: he costs more, and comes from a completely different system, who knows how well he can adapt to a read oriented offense.

Both he and Lloyd have some mental issues. Wash. 

Lloyd pros: He does answer the problem, as he can get over the top. He has played in, and had career numbers in, the Earhardt-Perkins offense, so the play calling won't be an issue. 

Lloyd cons: He isn't as big, and thus isn't the goal line threat Jackson is. He has had some issues with dropsies. He is a bit older, at an age where (some WRs) start to decline.

He is 30 now, and that is usually when WRs 

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

[QUOTE]Neither, BB doesn't like to spend in free agency.  Look for someone through the draft or look for someone lesser than Jackson or Lloyd. Both want big contracts, we need to build a better defense. This offense will not win us a SB, they've failed to do so when they don't have a stout defense to back them up. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

Lloyd wounldn't have went to St Louis for like a coup of million if he wanted big bucks and he's 30+ years old so he's not getting big bucks. Now Vincent Jackson wants big bucks but is a total Diva. Lloyd is the best player the Patriots hands down. They are not going find anyone else that can pick up the playbook and immediately know whats going on.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I'd like to see Mike Wallace before I saw either of these guys, both Lloyd and  Jackson aren't considered to be good teammates.

I wish they would make a run at Marshawn Lynch as well, he's only 26 and runs like his life depends on it - it's a scary thing to witness really.

25. This post has been removed.