Vollmer and Fells Updates

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Vollmer and Fells Updates

CSN New England reports Patriots RT Sebastian Vollmer (back surgery) and TE Daniel Fells (leg) will both come off the active/PUP list in the "very near future."

It's doubtful either will be ready for New England's third preseason game on Friday, but it bodes well for their Week 1 prospects. Players are not eligible for the reserve/PUP list once they've come off the active/PUP. Vollmer will slide back in at right tackle, while Fells will be limited to blocking duties behind Rob Gronkowski and Aaron Hernandez

I guess we still have to wait and see, but good news nevertheless.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: Vollmer and Fells Updates

Great news! i wonder if Volmer comes back in time for week 1 will he be the starter over Cannon at RT?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

I just read this...

"Vollmer's exact issue this summer has not been verified by Comcast Sportsnet. He's battled a balky back in the past, though, and that could have been the reason he's been down. "

Haven't we all been saying he hurt his back when nothing has been suggested that he has in fact hurt his back?????

http://www.csnne.com/football-new-england-patriots/patriots-talk/Fells-Vollmer-set-to-be-activated-?blockID=759155&feedID=10426

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Very good news!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

All football talk here the past two days... love it

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In Response to Re: Vollmer and Fells Updates:
    [QUOTE]All football talk here the past two days... love it
    Posted by sporter81[/QUOTE]

Shocked...shocked that on one else comments on this thread regarding this great news. 

But a pissing contest will get 115 posts...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vollmer and Fells Updates : Shocked...shocked that on one else comments on this thread regarding this great news.  But a pissing contest will get 115 posts...
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this is the kind of news and stuff that I like to talk about here, I think that most of us do. Since they banned babe the argument threads have been gone, its all football talk now. 

IMO this is our biggest concern as of now, getting him back, hopefully staying healthy makes this team just about flawless, or as good as it could be in the salary cap era.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vollmer and Fells Updates : Yeah, this is the kind of news and stuff that I like to talk about here, I think that most of us do. Since they banned babe the argument threads have been gone, its all football talk now.  IMO this is our biggest concern as of now, getting him back, hopefully staying healthy makes this team just about flawless, or as good as it could be in the salary cap era.

Agree 100%. It is nice to just talk about football and not have to sift through 55 posts of 2 or 3 guys calling each other morons and such.

Volmer and Waters coming back healthy is just scary. This is the deepest I have seen this roster in along time. Tackle position appears a little thin with depth but I have a feeling BB and Scar have a guy they like to fill in in case of injury.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tydog. Show Tydog's posts

Getting a healthy Vollmer back is critical to allowing this offense to play at its full potential.  Great news!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Yes, Vollmer's return would be an obvious plus.  He's a very good pass protector when playing at full strength.  Also, don't sleep on Fells to be a suprise contributer when he comes back.  Very encouraging report, thanks for posting!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

good news for both. I thought they were keeping Vollmer out until he was exactly 100% to to prevent relapse. He will be needed this season

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Hoping to hear similar news about Fanene as well.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

Interesting because all the projections I have seen for the 53 man roster have been with just two TE because Fells and Shave were thought to be heading to the PUP list.  If Fells is ready for week 1 and Pats go with 3 TE's, someone just lost a spot. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Yeah, we need to get Fanene back out there too.  

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah, we need to get Fanene back out there too.  

He's the guy I am keeping an eye on now... I head heard nothing about him though.  You?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vollmer and Fells Updates : He's the guy I am keeping an eye on now... I head heard nothing about him though.  You?
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

No complete silence for weeks.  At the start of camp there were a few reports of him making an impact, then he just disappeared and no injury was ever reported.  He hasn't been on the field at practice for a while.  I think he really adds something as a penetrating DT or a 3-4 type DE.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vollmer and Fells Updates : Shocked...shocked that on one else comments on this thread regarding this great news.  But a pissing contest will get 115 posts...
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]
    Comment

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vollmer and Fells Updates : He's the guy I am keeping an eye on now... I head heard nothing about him though.  You?
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

No, nothing.. I had forgotten that he was out because it's been so quiet. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

I say don't rush Vollmer back. Give Cannon as much play time as possible, it will only make the team better by the end of the season.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

100 of the 115 post are from Rusty-Leon and in each he takes a shot at Brady, like a true Jet fan would.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bspikes55. Show Bspikes55's posts

Thats great news cannon is having some growing pains. I wish he had another legit tackle competitor in camp to give me incentive to keep hi starting job ei-Hix,Martin
    But if seabass is back to 100% which i assume bb was waiting till vs rushing him back we have a great line. Also with donald thomas and Connonly/wendell as backup gaurds were set if waters is back!

Also if waters returns does koppen get cut?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In Response to Vollmer and Fells Updates:
    [QUOTE]CSN New England reports Patriots RT Sebastian Vollmer (back surgery) and TE Daniel Fells (leg) will both come off the active/PUP list in the "very near future." It's doubtful either will be ready for New England's third preseason game on Friday, but it bodes well for their Week 1 prospects. Players are not eligible for the reserve/PUP list once they've come off the active/PUP. Vollmer will slide back in at right tackle, while Fells will be limited to blocking duties behind Rob Gronkowski and Aaron Hernandez I guess we still have to wait and see, but good news nevertheless.
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

If so...this is great news. The Pats need Vollmer back, and ready to go at RT.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vollmer and Fells Updates : Agree 100%. It is nice to just talk about football and not have to sift through 55 posts of 2 or 3 guys calling each other morons and such. Volmer and Waters coming back healthy is just scary. This is the deepest I have seen this roster in along time. Tackle position appears a little thin with depth but I have a feeling BB and Scar have a guy they like to fill in in case of injury.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

Assuming Vollmer is healty by early season. THat means we have Vollmer, Solder and Canon (who may not be looking special so far this preseason but he looked OK last year when he had chances, especially considering he was a rookie and getting over a dangerous disease. PLUS McDonald is a good solid back up. That means two good starters and, I think, 2 good backups. So how is this thin? How many teams have that kind of depth? How many Ts are we supposed to ahve that can start a full season? Sorry but I think that we have solid depth across the O line. - I do understand how it "feels" thin lately with the injuries and all. But I think it is a strength.

And by the way, BB can always ask Light if he can suit it up for a late season run if there are key injuries. ANd who knows, maybe he would do it for a 10-12 week shot at a ring.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vollmer and Fells Updates : Assuming Vollmer is healty by early season. THat means we have Vollmer, Solder and Canon (who may not be looking special so far this preseason but he looked OK last year when he had chances, especially considering he was a rookie and getting over a dangerous disease. PLUS McDonald is a good solid back up. That means two good starters and, I think, 2 good backups. So how is this thin? How many teams have that kind of depth? How many Ts are we supposed to ahve that can start a full season? Sorry but I think that we have solid depth across the O line. - I do understand how it "feels" thin lately with the injuries and all. But I think it is a strength. And by the way, BB can always ask Light if he can suit it up for a late season run if there are key injuries. ANd who knows, maybe he would do it for a 10-12 week shot at a ring.
    Posted by portfolio1[/QUOTE]

Oh, I agree with you Port. I have been defending the O-line on this board for a while now. I think it has been one of the most consistent units on the team. I personally think Cannon will be a special player for us, despite what the media consensus is so far. Still losing Matt Light and Volmer being held out you could nit-pick and say the position has the  weakest depth on the team. As I said though I have no fear with coach Scar running this O-line, he might make a pro-bowler out of a 4rth stringer!