Vollmer at tight end in the playoffs?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Vollmer at tight end in the playoffs?

I listened to Coach Belichick's interview on WEEI earlier today (the interview actually took place yesterday). I heard him mention that Vollmer played tight end before too, which got me thinking. I'm POSITIVE Belichick is going to have a wrinkle or two in the playoffs, which he seemingly does every year.

Any thoughts on pulling Vollmer out as a tight end on a play or two just to get the defense thinking?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Re: Vollmer at tight end in the playoffs?

It could happen. It would remind me of Vrabel's TDs at the goal line

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

I was thinking the exact same thing. Quick question for anyone who knows: was that Vrabel TD catch the first time all season we called that? If so, wow...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

BB would be crazy not to keep Vollmer at RT. Since he replaced Kaczur,Brady has not been sacked. An O-line that hasn't given up a sack in 3 games should not be messed with.Our running game has really picked up too since he was put in.Let a TE be a TE.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

A winkle is always nice, but I have to go with cow on this one.  We have a very good mix on the offensive line right now.  We really don't want to mess with it.  Last Sunday demonstrated that perhaps the best "new" wrinkles are the "old" wrinkles from pre-2007.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

I'd have to agree. Vrabel coming in on offense doesn't hurt the pass protection. Of course lining up at the end of the line and having him report as eligible gives the other team's D something to think about. On the other hand we have 2 backs capable of basting into the end zone. Point is we could argue this all day from either perspective.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

we do need something differenct/effective for our red zone offense and defense.

For example, we don't seem to have many plays near the goal line where there might be some movement or misdirection as opposed to running from an i formation. This is where some creativity would come in handy.

Defensively, we need to me more aggressive - chucking at the line of scrimmage - and creating more confusing looks so that the opposing QB makes errors or something that will improve our pass rush. We'v got to get to the quarterback if we have any hopes of getting back to the superbowl.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Resign Turdell Sands he's something like seven foot five 400 lbs put him out at TE.
    Not sure if Brady could throw it that high.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from boom95. Show boom95's posts

He is physically gifted enough to be there, and could be used in motion to run block or even help with the side a blitz is coming from.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

He would probably do good where ever they put him but we already have 2 decent tightends in Watson and Baker that are more versatile and we would also be weakening ourselves at the RT position.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

It'd be an interesting caveat is all I'm saying. They may even show it against Houston...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbazilla. Show bubbazilla's posts

was thinking the same thing as caraway and cow... vollmer should be so firmly entrenched at RT that it takes the ground crews hours to move him after games. perhaps we can send kaczur pr levoir out as a TE. i just want sea bass clobbering and intimidating d-lineman, blitzers and linebackers. i dont want him exposed to injury by running routes, laying out for a catch or taking hits. it would be funny to see him catching something at the one yard line and watching some DB trying to hit him out of the end zone! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

bubba, that's exactly what I mean. I think the wrinkle would only be nice if we ran it in the red zone or from a few yards out of the endzone. It would surely throw the defense in a loop.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Vrabel had good hands. Don't know about Vollmer....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

I third the motion with Cow and Caraway, leave the line alone and lets kepp protecting Tom and running the ball down our oppents throats!

Go Pats!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ipats. Show ipats's posts

We have 2 good tight ends and Vollmer has stabilized the line. I'd rather keep him at RT. 

I think a better option would be to split Watson out wide in the red zone to give Brady a physical receiver that they had with Givens and Stallworth.  They could then use LeVoir as the second blocking tight end if necessary. LeVoir was recruited to ND as a tight end.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoHoldingCalls. Show NoHoldingCalls's posts

I have to agree with ipats on the LeVoir plan.  As others have said, We need to keep Vollmer on the line.  Could we get him to play on defense?  He appears unstoppable.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

We need more big guys like Vollmer. Great job BB.