Vollmer Money: 4 yrs/17 mil - 8.5 guaranteed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Vollmer Money: 4 yrs/17 mil - 8.5 guaranteed

Could reach 27 total with escalators. I'm assuming those are durability based largely.

Source: Comcast Sportsnet. Didn't see this anywhere here. Got a headache when I tried to read the 'Sebastian Vollmer' thread at the end.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Re: Vollmer Money: 4 yrs/17 mil - 8.5 guaranteed

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:

Could reach 27 total with escalators. I'm assuming those are durability based largely.

Source: Comcast Sportsnet. Didn't see this anywhere here. Got a headache when I tried to read the 'Sebastian Vollmer' thread at the end.

a headache named Rusty?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:

Seems a good contract for an excellent right tackle - when healthy.  Issue of course has been the back which the Pats seem to have addressed with the playing incentives.

I too found the Sebastian Vollmer thread eventually unreadable.  A casualty of yet another flame war, I'm afraid.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

I skipped the Vollmer threat as well. It was getting off topic...

Per Field Yates there is a 7 mil signing bonus, 7,75 mil in base salary, and 10 mil in incentives/roster bonuses.

Most of the 10 mil (ie. 9 mil) come from playing time incentives, while 1 mil is a Pro Bowl bonus.

I think this is a fair deal. Pretty high ceiling, but deals with his history of injuries. Glad to have him back.

I read in another thread that they are around 14 mil below the cap before signing Vollmer. With him signed it will probably be around 10. Drafted players will take some, so realisticly the team is not going after any more "big" signings. Maybe either Abraham, Sanders or Edelman, no more than one of them IMO.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In response to DanishPastry's comment:

I skipped the Vollmer threat as well. It was getting off topic...

Per Field Yates there is a 7 mil signing bonus, 7,75 mil in base salary, and 10 mil in incentives/roster bonuses.

Most of the 10 mil (ie. 9 mil) come from playing time incentives, while 1 mil is a Pro Bowl bonus.

I think this is a fair deal. Pretty high ceiling, but deals with his history of injuries. Glad to have him back.

I read in another thread that they are around 14 mil below the cap before signing Vollmer. With him signed it will probably be around 10. Drafted players will take some, so realisticly the team is not going after any more "big" signings. Maybe either Abraham, Sanders or Edelman, no more than one of them IMO.

Turns out the rest of the money is tied to him playing 80% or more of the offensive snaps. Very smart deal

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

The playing time incentive is huge.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

there is nothing definitive posted on Vollmers salary yet, so there is no way of knowing what his cap hit will be in year 1. From what is being reported, his actual cap hit year 1 may not be complete until after the season, depending on snap count/games played/off season awards.

this is what we do know so far;

Contract: 4 yr(s) / $17,000,000

Signing Bonus $7,000,000

Base      S. Bonus      Misc. Cap Hit

2013 1,250,000 1,750,000 - 3,000,000 -

2014 -                1,750,000 - 1,750,000 -

2015 -                1,750,000 - 1,750,000 -

2016 -                1,750,000 - 1,750,000 -

2017 UFA

• $8.25M guaranteed (signing bonus + 2013 base)
    • Incentives: $9 million

If any of the $9M incentives are written into year 1, his cap hit of $3m will be higher

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

there is nothing definitive posted on Vollmers salary yet, so there is no way of knowing what his cap hit will be in year 1. From what is being reported, his actual cap hit year 1 may not be complete until after the season, depending on snap count/games played/off season awards.

Signing Bonus $7,000,000

2017 UFA

If any of the $9M incentives are written into year 1, his cap hit of $3m will be higher

Zolak said 3 million. He has direct access inside Gillette. Your buddy Cris Carter does not.

It's 3 million.

Thank you, BB.

Bye bye, RKarp.

jeez 8.25 mill guaranteed for a right tackle with a bad back? hmmm....

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Thanks for that info. This is a good deal for both IMO. The cap hit is low for an elite tackle, helps the Patriots to have him back and allows flexability to sign more players.  I like it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

Signing Bonus $7,000,000

2017 UFA

Zolak said 3 million. He has direct access inside Gillette. Your buddy Cris Carter does not.

It's 3 million.

Thank you, BB.

Bye bye, RKarp.

jeez 8.25 mill guaranteed for a right tackle with a bad back? hmmm....

He had the surgery last offseason. It was more his leg/ankle that was the issue last year, not the back. They must feel comfortable with it as they do with some guy named Gronkowski who had a similar surgery his sr year at Arizona.

lol

Jealous much?

Hey, at least you got Boothe back, huh? 

yes we have established i am insanely jealous of the pats...

i dont wish injury on anyone but the back is awful tricky and sometimes never quite heals thats all i am saying-if he hurt it again it would not mean bellichick didn't do his due diligence butit would make this signing shaky

there is that "lol" again

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Incentives, by the way, are included in the current cap if they are considered likely to be met.  If they are considered unlikely, they aren't included in the current cap.  At the end of the year a "true up" is performed, and the next year's cap adjusted to account for incentives that were either counted but not met or uncounted and met.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Best GM on the planet.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Incentives, by the way, are included in the current cap if they are considered likely to be met.  If they are considered unlikely, they aren't included in the current cap.  At the end of the year a "true up" is performed, and the next year's cap adjusted to account for incentives that were either counted but not met or uncounted and met.

So is Vollmer making the pro bowl incentive in his base salary of $1.25? I would think not if the incentive is $1.0m as had been reported

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

Best GM on the planet.

yep and us jints fans are stuck with that jerry reese guy who can't seem to "get" the cap

i feel so hopeless!

19. This post has been removed.