Vollmer out for Saints?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Vollmer out for Saints?

Vollmer was taken out of the Jets game with a head injury. I was at the game and he looked a bit confused on the sideline (I think they may have sent him to the locker room for a while too--at least I couldn't find him on the sideline for some time). They did put him back in the game, but I was surprised they did--and I suspect they did so only because they were so short on offensive line men.  Since the game, Vollmer hasn't practiced because of the head injury. I'm guessing there's a high probability he'll be out for the Saints game.  And that means either a recovering Light or an relatively untested LeVoir starting on the left side. Unless Light is at 100%, Vollmer's absence (if he is absent) could be a problem for us on Monday. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Re: Vollmer out for Saints?

So,, this is speculation or do you have a link stating that he's out?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Vollmer out for Saints?:
    Vollmer was taken out of the Jets game with a head injury. I was at the game and he looked a bit confused on the sideline (I think they may have sent him to the locker room for a while too--at least I couldn't find him on the sideline for some time). They did put him back in the game, but I was surprised they did--and I suspect they did so only because they were so short on offensive line men.  Since the game, Vollmer hasn't practiced because of the head injury. I'm guessing there's a high probability he'll be out for the Saints game.  And that means either a recovering Light or an relatively untested LeVoir starting on the left side. Unless Light is at 100%, Vollmer's absence (if he is absent) could be a problem for us on Monday. 
    Posted by soloflyfisher

Yeah, I was reading through another thread on Matt Light and thinking this. Volmer didn't practice yesterday which is a sign that he is more likely to sit out than to play if Light is Healthy. Although I'd rather have him playing I think we can live without him for a game. If he conks his head again good before he heals, he could be a mess for the rest of the season.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: Vollmer out for Saints?:
    So,, this is speculation or do you have a link stating that he's out?
    Posted by harleyroadking103

I think he's just speculating because Volmer didn't practice this week.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

In Response to Re: Vollmer out for Saints? : I think he's just speculating because Volmer didn't practice this week.
    Posted by ewhite1065

Thanks e, and you're right Vollmer doesn't need to be hit in the head again.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In Response to Re: Vollmer out for Saints? : I think he's just speculating because Volmer didn't practice this week.
    Posted by ewhite1065

Pure speculation--but based on the injury, his demeanor on the sideline at the Jets game, and the fact that he's missed practice all week.  That, plus the attention (rightfully) being placed on concussions.  I think teams are being more cautious about putting guys with head injuries back into the game.  This is a good thing, in my opinion, but it may mean we miss Volmer on Monday.  That would hurt the Pats I think, unless Light is back at 100%. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

One other observation: LeVoir was a turnstyle on the left side for the part of the Jets game when Volmer was out.  A lot of the pressure the Jets were getting on Brady in the middle of the game was the result of LeVoir replacing Volmer. Maybe LeVoir will be better this week with some practice at the spot (he's been playing tight end mostly)--but if both Light and Volmer are out LeVoir is going to have to step up big time or we'll be in trouble. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

In Response to Re: Vollmer out for Saints? :      Another troll rears its' ugly head.
    Posted by TexasPat3

W-T-F are you talking about?  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Vollmer out for Saints? : W-T-F are you talking about?  
    Posted by harleyroadking103

Sorry Harley...I meant to attach my last post to the guy who started this thread. My mistake.

Actually, the guy who started the threat that Vollmer may be out may be  right: http://www.projo.com/patriots/content/sp_fbn_pats_journal_28_11-28-09_F8GK0LA_v3.2e5ed8f.html

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

SHEWW! Texas you had me worried there, I was like "what I do?" Good article btw,
    hopefully the Pats have some O-tackles practice today otherwise there will be some serious juggling to come up with a starting line.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In Response to Re: Vollmer out for Saints? :      Sorry Harley...I meant to attach my last post to the guy who started this thread. My mistake.      Actually, the guy who started the threat that Vollmer may be out may be  right: http://www.projo.com/patriots/content/sp_fbn_pats_journal_28_11-28-09_F8GK0LA_v3.2e5ed8f.html
    Posted by TexasPat3

Texas, is that a retraction of the troll accusation?  I'm serious--I was at the game last week and Vollmer was pretty dazed on the sideline.  And while he was out, the Jets were killing us with their pass rush.  I just think the tackle situation could be a problem on Monday and I hadn't heard anyone in the press talking about it until I read your link to the Providence Journal article.

Sections
Shortcuts