Vollmer, Price, Cunningham, Wendell, and Tarpinian are all out for tomorrow's game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Vollmer, Price, Cunningham, Wendell, and Tarpinian are all out for tomorrow's game

Vollmer among Pats downgraded to OUT

Posted by ahart (PFW) on September 11, 2011 

The Patriots have officially downgraded X players to OUT in advance of Monday night’s season opener in Miami.

The list includes:

T Sebastian Vollmer (back)

DL Jermaine Cunningham (groin)

WR Taylor Price (hamstring)

OL Ryan Wendell (calf)

LB Jeff Tarpinian (knee)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: Vollmer, Price, Cunningham, Wendell, and Tarpinian are all out for tomorrow's game

Bummer, those are some good players

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Re: Vollmer, Price, Cunningham, Wendell, and Tarpinian are all out for tomorrow's game

Vollmer is the only one that is worth worrying about, just because Solder needs to play the entire game against a tough DL and they don't have anybody behind him, unless they start moving guards to tackle.  That wouldn't be very good.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Taylor Price needs to get on the field ....NOW.

I'm sick and tired of these draft picks spending more time in the trainer's room than on the field.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Not good.....

Mike Reiss 
    The Patriots currently only have six offensive linemen available for Monday's game. One of them, Brian Waters, joined the team last Sunday.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

That blows - was looking forward to seeing Taylor Price..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from aytee. Show aytee's posts

In Response to Re: Vollmer, Price, Cunningham, Wendell, and Tarpinian are all out for tomorrow's game:
    [QUOTE]That blows - was looking forward to seeing Taylor Price..
    Posted by PatFanInBA2[/QUOTE]
    Yeah, so was I. That's a bummer

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Price with the early lead for the Mr. Softy award.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

I want to see Cunningham out there too

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb35. Show isurfvb35's posts

whats up with the pats injury list. every year they have a ton of guys out on a weekly basis, it seems the pats more so than a majority of other teams cant keep a healthy roster to save their lives, and this is week one!!! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

No this is not good news and obviously Vollmer hurts the most. The Dolphins actually have a good team. They just have no QB. You look at every one of their units and their pretty good. Both lines are solid , with standouts playing on each side in Wake and Long. The have very good players at the "skill positions" in Marshall , Davis and Smith. Im very excited to see us for an entire game , especially our defense. I think our front seven could be scary good. I think Mayo is in position to have a monster year. If our defense can leave its "imprint" on each game we could have something special here.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Just a guess but I'm pretty sure that BB is going to add another lineman to the mix before the game. Ojinnaka is the most likely player to be added as he can play both guard positions as well as either Tackle spot.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

In Response to Re: Vollmer, Price, Cunningham, Wendell, and Tarpinian are all out for tomorrow's game:
    [QUOTE]Taylor Price needs to get on the field ....NOW. I'm sick and tired of these draft picks spending more time in the trainer's room than on the field.
    Posted by pats-fan-2007[/QUOTE]

Agree 100%. This is probably just my imagination or maybe I'm just...I don't know...but am I the only one who gets the feeling that the Pats have the most fragile players in the league? I really wanted to see Cunningham and Price out there...especially Price.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

In Response to Vollmer, Price, Cunningham, Wendell, and Tarpinian are all out for tomorrow's game:
    [QUOTE]Vollmer among Pats downgraded to OUT Posted by ahart (PFW) on  September 11, 2011 – 8:17 pm  The Patriots have officially downgraded X players to OUT in advance of Monday night’s season opener in Miami. The list includes: T Sebastian Vollmer (back) DL Jermaine Cunningham (groin) WR Taylor Price (hamstring) OL Ryan Wendell (calf) LB Jeff Tarpinian (knee)
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

I want price on the field as much as possible. dammit with those hammy injuries stretch every day all year dudes. no reason to get a pulled hamstring. conditioning is your job.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]Price with the early lead for the Mr. Softy award.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

you cant play with a strained hamstring. however you can prevent hamstring pulls.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Price was blown up on a fourth-quarter punt return in the first preseason game. My guess is he was injured on that play and still hasn't fully recovered. I'm not going to call him a "softy" yet.  Let's see how he is in a few weeks.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vollmer, Price, Cunningham, Wendell, and Tarpinian are all out for tomorrow's game : you cant play with a strained hamstring. however you can prevent hamstring pulls.
    Posted by brdbreu[/QUOTE]

You're right, hamstring injuries are hard to come back from and they need to heal fully.  Very difficult injury for a WR.  I love when guys who sit on a couch watching the game call guys soft, don't you?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Something tells me we'll be seeing more inactives from Cunningham and Price.

Althought they have minor injuries, I believe they could play but are being held out due to them needing more time to get it together.

Price def. looks like he can contribute, but maybe not in the plans this week.  Although he has looked explosive at times,. im worried about him possibly not being on the same page as Brady.  Havent seen these 2 hookup too much in preseason.

Cunningham is a victim right now of a system change and really not in the rotation right now, IMO...

These 2 still have a year before they break out...Hopefully not, buy this is what my gut tells me

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Vollmer is needed on the field.  Solder may have a tough night and if he does it will be a very interesting game.  Price is also needed on the field.  We have been teased for two years now with this guy.  He can run and he can catch but when is he going to do it in a meaningful game?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

To be honest, Price and Tarpinian probably wouldn't have dressed for the game anyway.  We can dress only 46 of the 53.  Do we know who is dressing?  If we have to sit 7 players and everyone was healthy I would probably sit:

Brother Gronkowski or J. Ihedigbo
    Taylor Price
    Kyle Love
    AJ Edds
    J Tarpinian
    A Molden
    Ryan Mallett

With Vollmer and Wendall out we are very think at OL with just Waters and Connolly (whichever doesn't start) backing up.  The Pats can't go into the game without a backup OT, so look for Kopa or Welch to be promoted from the Practice Squad.

The idea of Cameron Wake going against rookie Solder who has almost no experience at RT is scary as is the idea of Waters who has played mostly on the left side moving over to the right side, assuming he starts over Connolly, is also unnerving.  At least Brady should be able to see the pressure coming.  If any OL goes down, we are going to be in big trouble.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vollmer, Price, Cunningham, Wendell, and Tarpinian are all out for tomorrow's game : Agree 100%. This is probably just my imagination or maybe I'm just...I don't know...but am I the only one who gets the feeling that the Pats have the most fragile players in the league? I really wanted to see Cunningham and Price out there...especially Price.
    Posted by Rodimus77[/QUOTE]

I don't think it is your imagination, Rodimus. This is the earliest I can remember having this kind of disucssion, but the Pats are routinely at or near the top of the league in guys lost to injury. I'm sure every fan feels the same way about his team. All we heard throughout the offseason was how Green Bay would be an irresistible force this season because they had 15 guys on IR last year and still won the Super Bowl. Well . . .  the Pats had 13, if I remember right, I think the Colts were right there with them (insufferable stat guy may feel free to check those numbers, I don't Google). Injuries happen to every team and it probably just seems like your team -- whichever team that may be -- seems to get hit harder than other teams because you pay closer attention to your team than any other . . .  when the reality of the situation is that injuries have a way of evening themselves out across the league.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

It should be noted that the Pats must inactivate 7 players to get 46 on game day.

So while some of the players might be hurt (or have itty bitty booboo's), and those players are ruled out, I don't necessarily think those injuries are what are keeping them out as much as the fact they are not needed.

I believe the only one not practicing this week was Vollmer.  And if you can practice with an injury you could play with it if you really had to.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

[QUOTE]It should be noted that the Pats must inactivate 7 players to get 46 on game day. So while some of the players might be hurt (or have itty bitty booboo's), and those players are ruled out, I don't necessarily think those injuries are what are keeping them out as much as the fact they are not needed. I believe the only one not practicing this week was Vollmer.  And if you can practice with an injury you could play with it if you really had to.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

Exactly, this is a case of said player probably not ready to impact the game so they end up odd man out, but we are not injured that badly...just made up things to get down to roster limit...in terms of Cunningham....not a good endorsement for him, IMO  I'll wait a few weeks before I speak on Price