Vollmer Surgery

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

Vollmer Surgery

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000143681/article/report-patriots-sebastian-vollmer-has-knee-surgery

Sorry if this has already been posted, will this guy ever have and luck with injuries. The back still bothering him worries me alot more than the knee, he can't seem to get that cleared up. How much consideration will the team put into this latest setback? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

Re: Vollmer Surgery

The knee was a known injury during the year and I agree that the back is probably more concerning long term. I do think the injury history is going to depress his next contract and he might end up signing a shorter deal so he gets another crack at the big pie in a few years. Or the guaranteed portion of his contract will be below average, or the player/team get opt out/buy-out clauses.

He is a very good player who when healthy is a top right tackle and has proved in limited action to be a better than average left tackle. If teams with dire tackle situations persue him with an eye on shifting him to LT that will raise his price higher than the Pats probably want to go. They also have Cannon, Zusevics, and Hix on the roster as possible replacements so they are not desperate at the position.

In terms of injury, Long out of Miami is in a similar situation as a UFA - medical questions for a high quality and relatively young Tackle.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronk1. Show ronk1's posts

wonder if he signs a short deal to prove he can stay healthy and get a big score, or wants a longer more moderately priced contract with more guaranteed...either way, this unfortunate situation for Vollmer has to help the Pats sign him

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

I told you he did not look right, many times over.....

No one listens to their elders anymore.............

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

That's because you think Walmarts are drive throughs and complain about kids on your lawn at the RMV.........

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Yes they do, but then they tell us we're full of condensed owl sh1t.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Any chance this is good news? If the surgery was minor it may not be enough to scare teams off, but when you throw in his back problems as well...might be. Really if a team wants him they are going to just have him pass their physical or the contract will be voided, but this could scare off a few teams.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

This piece would seem to indicate that the surgery was rather a routine 'maintenance' item and that their is no real concern with his back.  I'm of the opinion he will have suitors but will probably be back with the Pats.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2013/02/vollmer_had_cle.html

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

That's because you think Walmarts are drive throughs and complain about kids on your lawn at the RMV.........

I have been called a grumpy ole SOB on more than one occasion.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

Yup...get even though...I have a bumper sticker that says "Live long enough to become a problem for your kids!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I've been dumping on Vollmer a bit too much.  Profootballfocus.com just rated the Patriots' offensive line as #2 in the NFL, and they singled out Sebastian Vollmer as the stud on that line.  I'll now give him a reasonable chance at being franchised by the Patriots.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/01/28/ranking-the-2012-offensive-lines/4/ 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

well maybe not condensed...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to danemcmenamin's comment:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000143681/article/report-patriots-sebastian-vollmer-has-knee-surgery

Sorry if this has already been posted, will this guy ever have and luck with injuries. The back still bothering him worries me alot more than the knee, he can't seem to get that cleared up. How much consideration will the team put into this latest setback? 

some athletes unfortunately are injury prone and/or unlucky...it's the one thing no team or GM can accurately predict and yet it's the one thing that can bring a team down if it's a bad enough injury to a key player