Vollmer vs. Mathews

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

Vollmer vs. Mathews

This will be a key matchup Sunday. With Rodgers out the Pats shouldn't have to much trouble winning this game. My concern is keeping Brady upright. I would hope that the scheme is to have the TEs chip Mathews and help Vollmer as much as possible at this point in the season it''s all about keeping #12 healthy.

*knightsailor~ Mathews has longer hair than Brady and both are all pros chew on that

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

Re: Vollmer vs. Mathews

Matthews wheels arnt at 100% (i think he suffering from a shin injury) or something like that, so it should be a little easier to contain him.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Mathews seems pretty darn quick, so Vollmer will need some help.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Totally agree, Harley, that this is a key matchup.  I suspect that Matthews will become well acquainted with the Pats tight ends as well as Vollmer.  TB needs to be on his feet.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prophet76. Show Prophet76's posts

Dinged up or not it will be interesting to watch. You know Woodhead will be throwing a couple blocks as well! I love seeing that!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

In Response to Re: Vollmer vs. Mathews:
    [QUOTE]Dinged up or not it will be interesting to watch. You know Woodhead will be throwing a couple blocks as well! I love seeing that!
    Posted by prophet[/QUOTE]

That little runt is the smartest, toughest guy in the game, can't get enough of him!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

Both Crumpler and Gronk can handle Matthews by themselves but they don't need to as the Pats,given the Packers other pass rushers,can dedicate two men to seeing to Matthews on most snaps.I also believe the Pats will run at him to wear him down some.Having said this,dealing with matthews is one of the key components to a N.E.victory.Rodgers availability is,of course,the most significant factor.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from heisthejuan. Show heisthejuan's posts

Yeah, he's pretty much garbage against the run. Let Alge kick his a.$.$ all game long.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

If Vollmer struggles Matthews will get the Alge Crumpler treatment.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

run to his spot over and over in the first half... get him tired... send the TE to hit him often, then let´s see if can can stop the screen pass to woody or welker...

He will have 1 sack... 1 batted pass and some 6-7 tackles... the key is contain him.

For example Urlacher was having a great game last week... hitting brady, the RB, defending passes, almost and INT... but 1 man cannot beat you.. no matter who he is.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

I don't think Matthews will do much of all, he has battled injuries and his game has declined because of that. Sure some of hist stats are there but if you look at him lately he isn't that same beast he was at the beginning of the year. The Pats offense has so much going on he will never get a shot to do much and TB will not throw a pick.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

More Crumpler....

Sections
Shortcuts