Vollmer will be the first German to win a Super Bowl

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Haskinshall. Show Haskinshall's posts

Vollmer will be the first German to win a Super Bowl

Vom Fan zum Beschützer von Tom Brady

03.02.2012, 12:32 Uhr

Sebastian Vollmer hat in der NFL Karriere gemacht. (Foto: imago

Sebastian Vollmer hat in der NFL Karriere gemacht. (Foto: imago

Aus Indianapolis berichtet Jens Bistritschan

In der Nacht vom 3. auf den 4. Februar 2002 schlug sich in Norf, einem Vorort von Neuss, ein 17-jähriger Junge mit ein paar Freunden die Nacht um die Ohren. Sebastian Vollmer schaute sich seinen ersten Super Bowl live im Fernsehen an. Die New England Patriots waren gegen die St. Louis Rams der klare Außenseiter. Doch die Sympathien des heute 27-Jährigen gehörten dem Team aus Boston, das mit 20:17 gewann – nicht wissend, dass er zehn Jahre später nun am Sonntag selbst für die Patriots im Finale der National Football League (NFL) gegen die New York Giants stehen wird.

The Story is telling how Sebastian was watching the Super Bowl 10 years ago between the Patiots and the Rams in the age of seventeen in which Vollmer was rooting for the Patriots.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: Vollmer will be the first German to win a Super Bowl

Heil Vollmer

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Haskinshall. Show Haskinshall's posts

In Response to Re: Vollmer will be the first German to win a Super Bowl:
    [QUOTE]Heil Vollmer  
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

Kind a weird humor - I appreciate the beer, though.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vollmer will be the first German to win a Super Bowl : Kind a weird humor - I appreciate the beer, though.
    Posted by Haskinshall[/QUOTE]

should I change to "hail"? Is heil offensive?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

mmm....beer.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Haskinshall. Show Haskinshall's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vollmer will be the first German to win a Super Bowl : should I change to "hail"? Is heil offensive?

No, no - "heil" is historically correct.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vollmer will be the first German to win a Super Bowl : No, no - "heil" is historically correct.
    Posted by Haskinshall[/QUOTE]

Since the article was in german I was trying to stay with the theme of the language, and raise a toast with one of the most famous parts of german culture-bier.

I live there from 69-72. Germany is a beautiful place, reminded me of northern new england.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Haskinshall. Show Haskinshall's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vollmer will be the first German to win a Super Bowl : Since the article was in german I was trying to stay with the theme of the language, and raise a toast with one of the most famous parts of german culture-bier. I live there from 69-72. Germany is a beautiful place, reminded me of northern new england.

So you stayed probably in southern Germany (Bavaria)?!
    I lived in New England between 94 and 97 - and I fell in love with it and the Patriots.

MHK - I kind of like the Idea to devote the 2012 season to Myra Kraft -  think her Initials should be the banner for tomorrows game! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Let's hope this year, the Pats are "der klare Außenseiter."

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vollmer will be the first German to win a Super Bowl : Since the article was in german I was trying to stay with the theme of the language, and raise a toast with one of the most famous parts of german culture-bier. I live there from 69-72. Germany is a beautiful place, reminded me of northern new england.

I lived in Germany 64 -67.  It was a great experience for a young lad.  Lots of bier.  :)

I was in the South Central area and the weather reminded me of Spring on Cape Cod.  (Not a lot of sun)  But you are right.  Germany does have a New England feel to it.   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I'm in Germany now, been here for 2 years and will be for one more.  Where us Vollmer from in Germany? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vollmer will be the first German to win a Super Bowl : So you stayed probably in southern Germany (Bavaria)?! Posted by Haskinshall[/QUOTE]

Right next door. In the Stuttgart area, Boeblingen.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Haskinshall. Show Haskinshall's posts

[QUOTE]I'm in Germany now, been here for 2 years and will be for one more.  Where us Vollmer from in Germany? 
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

Vollmer is from Norf, a little village close to Düsseldorf
    Shenanigan - where are you located exactly. I'm sitting in Würzburg.

Sections
Shortcuts