Vollmer

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Vollmer

Any news about this guy?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Re: Vollmer

In response to APpats21's comment:

This is the last thing said about him on rotoworld:

ESPN Boston's Mike Reiss thinks free agent RT Sebastian Vollmer's camp will be aiming for $7-8 million annually.

Reiss also doesn't believe any teams will be looking at Vollmer as a left tackle, which, if they were, would certainly drive up his price. Reiss' suspicion is that New England will let Vollmer walk "for anything north of $7 million per," and says the Patriots would likely go with Marcus Cannon at right tackle over signing a different high-priced free agent tackle. Mar 7 - 7:20 PM

Source: ESPN Boston

This is a good call. I'm not entirely sold on Cannon, but they also have the college stud out of Iowa. If Vollmer wants too much, let him walk, allow Cannon to improve and spend the money on the defense... it seems they seem to be of this thinking too given the recent visits.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I'm going to have to agree with the Pats on the amount. I actually like Cannon a lot but still want Vollmer back. IMO a $6mil contract should be reasonable I wouldn't offer much more then that and right now I'm not seeing a market for him

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I wouldn't be surprised if the lack of activity on Vollmer is due to him not being healthy and able to pass a physical after the surgery he just had.  Teams are going to want to see if he is healthy and it sounds like SeaBass wants to test the market.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

I'm going to have to agree with the Pats on the amount. I actually like Cannon a lot but still want Vollmer back. IMO a $6mil contract should be reasonable I wouldn't offer much more then that and right now I'm not seeing a market for him

I agree.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

We need SeaBass and I believe we should pay what market value determines he is worth; though the pats are cheap and always lowball their players.  Cannon is ok but we need him for depth and he still is a year or two away from starter quality experience, imo.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Better not play poker with BB, Vollmer's not worth 7 mil

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

From La Canfora earlier today:

The group of top tackles still on the market are finding it difficult, if not impossible, to round up quality offers. Thus, Long, still considering a return to Miami, remains in St. Louis talking about a deal with the Rams. But league sources maintain he's not going to get a blockbuster deal. Andre Smith's best bet is to return to the Bengals, and Sebastian Vollmer, finding a soft market, is expected to be back with the Patriots.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Oddly quite on the Vollmer front, huh?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

exactly, offered the same since my in-season coments

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

The domino that goes first is Long. if he is back in Miami, I hear the Rams and Eagles will be in on Vollmer. If Long is not back with the Phins, they are hard on Vollmer, and will go north of $7

Sections
Shortcuts