Walker has a point!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Walker has a point!

So, Javon, what went wrong in Oakland?

"It just wasn't the right situation for me. I'm thinking I'll be able to come in, play the game, help the organization win, but it's an organization that's going through some rebuilding and some trials and tribulations. When I was in Denver, I performed, When I was in Green Bay, I performed. So now that I'm in Oakland, I can't perform? Like all the sudden, my talents were just taken away from me? [...] I never really got an opportunity. I never got a fair chance. [...] I'm not the first athlete who went into Oakland, and all of the sudden, it looked like his talent had disappeared."

I guess he's got a point there. You know the more I think about it he is the type of guy I would throw a one year vet minimum contract at and tell him he might have a future with the team if he turns it around. With it being an uncapped year this is almost a no risk deal.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimNotJimmy. Show JimNotJimmy's posts

Re: Walker has a point!

I totally agree with you. What's the harm? For 1 year vet minimum. He might be out to prove something too. Kinda like Randy Moss when we got him from Oakland.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Yeah I guess it's not a risk unless he's a cancer in the locker room. He's only had 2 productive seasons in his entire career though. He has multiple knee injuries, probably doesn't have his speed anymore. I think he was a bit of a long strider and you know how difficult this offense is for recievers. Does he run good routes and make adjustments? IDK. But it wouldn't cost us anything and 31 is not old for a reciever. He's supposidly motivated and he is experienced.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

Randy Moss didn't perform in Oakland and was jettisoned for a 4th rounder.  Is it the player or the system.  I'll say the system.  Walker is worth a shot in my mind.  Others say he has character issues, but I haven't read that he's an awful human being anywhere. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-kyle. Show Boston-kyle's posts

not sure he fits that mold the patriots have been going in 2010 offseason. the mold of a locker room rebuilding.

Walker hasnt produced since getting a huge contract. hes not worth it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from clarkeyj1. Show clarkeyj1's posts

In Response to Re: Walker has a point!:
    not sure he fits that mold the patriots have been going in 2010 offseason. the mold of a locker room rebuilding. Walker hasnt produced since getting a huge contract. hes not worth it.
    Posted by Boston-kyle

Yah your right he doesnt fill the mode of 36 year old out the league player... Which what we have signed the last 3 years?

Easily would give him a shot I guarentee he would sign a 1 year deal.... to have Tom Brady throw to him

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Good points in general but...
     #1. If Walker was a cancer I think there would be proof of it. I havent heard that anywhere.
     #2. As for is he washed up due to the knee issues he had? I don't know that either but bringing in Patten is no more risk then signing this guy and seeing if he has anything left.
     #3. If there is anything left in him he will show it here,  he wants to rehab his career he has a shot here with Brady throwing to him.  
    #4. If he is no good ...cut him, if he is a cancer... cut him, if he shows promise and actually is earning his spot keep him. 
    Just seems like a no brainer to me.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Good points in general but...
     #1. If Walker was a cancer I think there would be proof of it. I havent heard that anywhere.
     #2. As for is he washed up due to the knee issues he had? I don't know that either but bringing in Patten is no more risk then signing this guy and seeing if he has anything left.
     #3. If there is anything left in him he will show it here,  he wants to rehab his career he has a shot here with Brady throwing to him.  
    #4. If he is no good ...cut him, if he is a cancer... cut him, if he shows promise and actually is earning his spot keep him. 
    Just seems like a no brainer to me.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Re: Walker has a point!:
    Good points in general but...  #1. If Walker was a cancer I think there would be proof of it. I havent heard that anywhere.  #2. As for is he washed up due to the knee issues he had? I don't know that either but bringing in Patten is no more risk then signing this guy and seeing if he has anything left.  #3. If there is anything left in him he will show it here,  he wants to rehab his career he has a shot here with Brady throwing to him.   #4. If he is no good ...cut him, if he is a cancer... cut him, if he shows promise and actually is earning his spot keep him.  Just seems like a no brainer to me.
    Posted by DaBlade

I agree. Signed to a smart contract, its win/win for the Pats who basically have nothing after moss right now. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

FOR THE VET MINIMUM,WHY NOT?YES,HE.S HAD INJURIES,BUT GIVEN THE SITUATION IT'S A NO RISK SIGNING.

Sections
Shortcuts