WALTER FOOTBALL NEW MOCK DRAFT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: WALTER FOOTBALL NEW MOCK DRAFT

In Response to Re: WALTER FOOTBALL NEW MOCK DRAFT:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: WALTER FOOTBALL NEW MOCK DRAFT : True. But who is this guy try to say he wants chung as a back up to barron ( if we were able to get him)  With the way the safety spot has been a revolving door ( when chung has been hurt) ill take Barron and chung at the safety spots any day.
    Posted by xXR3S1NXx[/QUOTE]

"the guy", that would be me. do you know what a ball hawking free safety does vs a strong safety? if i had my druthers id have both. further chung has been hurt quite a bit recently so having a better ss and chung as backup is a thought out plan.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to "Re: WALTER FOOTBALL NEW MOCK DRAFT": [QUOTE]Still Barron Curry Boykin Childs what a great 3 round mock Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE] That is a mock I can support. Although I like this version a bit better.... , like PatsEng, I would substitute another WR for Childs. Maybe Marvin Jones or I could possibly see Dwight jones falling here as well. Boykin I like, but I like Hosley better at end of round 2. 1a trade 1b Reyes 2a Curry 2b McClellin 2c Hosley 3 djones or mjones

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

Any mock that does not have the pats picking a S, CB, OLB, and DE, along with C and WR/KR/RB is incomplete.  These are the needs folks.  Time to trade/draft these 6 spots.  Add 2 guys to the secondary, 2 guys to the defensive front 7, and 2 guys to the offense and we are set.  We would also still have cap space to sign 1 more top guy who gets cut as icing on the cake. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

Name a mock draft that has EVER gotten it right with regards to the Patriots picks. 

I love going through the mounds of magazines and online drafts/stats/combine/etc but, in the end, BB will pick someone we least expect or, most likely, trade the picks. 

We'll all grumble and be ticked off and then, within a few weeks we'll all be saying "Genius moves by BB again!"

Happens every year. As this team is right now, we are much better off than last season. The draft picks are jimmies on the ice cream. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WALTER FOOTBALL NEW MOCK DRAFT : "the guy", that would be me. do you know what a ball hawking free safety does vs a strong safety? if i had my druthers id have both. further chung has been hurt quite a bit recently so having a better ss and chung as backup is a thought out plan.
    Posted by bredbru[/QUOTE]

Yes i do know the difference.  A strong safety is like a linebacker with the speed of a safety and has to come up and help out in the running game and help out in pass coverage too. A Free safety is more in tune to defending the passing game but free safetys are also required to help in the running game as he's one of the few players on the field that most of the time is left unblocked. I think if we can get another safety that is an intimidating hitter chung would stay alot healthier. I think chung feels he has to be the enforcer in the backfield and lets it be know by making big hits.  if he feels he has someone to help out in that role cuz most of chungs injuries happen when hes playing reckless and tries to make big hits he would get injured alot less. If we could get barron ( but its unlikely considering were many have him going in the draft) BB i know would switch barron and chung around from FS to SS alot.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

[QUOTE]hey captn, curious who your psot is largely directed to? i go there regularly for their mocks and their database of mocks. not the most thorough database as i us it, several other top mock sites i like and  other databases of mocks. cheers mate. havent read anything about emmit. got a link to what you speak of? night
    Posted by bredbru[/QUOTE]

Hey Bredbru , in answer to your question  . I must admit that Im not really a draftnik - what I like about WalterFootball is more that its an entertaining read - though not overly indepth .

RE: Emmitt Stuff
    On the main page theres a Link on the left that leads to a dozen or so pieces featuring his uncomparable wisdom.
    ( one of the articles even speculates on what would happen if Emmitt was hired to coach the Patriots ...equal parts bizarre / funny )

Heres a link to some of Emmitts more memorable on-air quotes :

http://walterfootball.com/emmitt.php

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WALTER FOOTBALL NEW MOCK DRAFT : Hey Bredbru , in answer to your question  . I must admit that Im not really a draftnik - what I like about WalterFootball is more that its an entertaining read - though not overly indepth . RE: Emmitt Stuff On the main page theres a Link on the left that leads to a dozen or so pieces featuring his uncomparable wisdom. ( one of the articles even speculizes what would happen if Emmitt was hired to coach the Patriots ...equal parts bizarre / funny )   Heres a link to some of Emmitts more memerable on-air quotes : http://walterfootball.com/emmitt.php
    Posted by CaptnFoxboro[/QUOTE]

thanks for the reference. didnt see if emmitt coached pats article. the rest was not my bag. peace captn

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WALTER FOOTBALL NEW MOCK DRAFT : Yes i do know the difference.  A strong safety is like a linebacker with the speed of a safety and has to come up and help out in the running game and help out in pass coverage too. A Free safety is more in tune to defending the passing game but free safetys are also required to help in the running game as he's one of the few players on the field that most of the time is left unblocked. I think if we can get another safety that is an intimidating hitter chung would stay alot healthier. I think chung feels he has to be the enforcer in the backfield and lets it be know by making big hits.  if he feels he has someone to help out in that role cuz most of chungs injuries happen when hes playing reckless and tries to make big hits he would get injured alot less. If we could get barron ( but its unlikely considering were many have him going in the draft) BB i know would switch barron and chung around from FS to SS alot.
    Posted by xXR3S1NXx[/QUOTE]\

thanks for replying respectfully with your thoughts. 
    peace

Sections
Shortcuts