Walter

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Walter

Not a bad first drive for the potential 1st clip-board holder...Good to see Sammy Morris running well, too.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sonieboy. Show sonieboy's posts

Re: Walter

In Response to Walter:
    [QUOTE]Not a bad first drive for the potential 1st clip-board holder...Good to see Sammy Morris running well, too.
    Posted by krismk[/QUOTE]  IMO I  too thought Walter did well on the 1st possession until the field became short then I realized why his career in the NFL has been mediocre. Again he missed too many short passes and after he took the sack for a loss he completely fell apart.  In his defense he came back and made a few plays thanks to some great efforts by Sammy morris and BJGE but TB or KO need not be concerned about loosing their position on the depth chart. I was impressed with J Edleman what a find. Other players that I feel did a good job were Tank Williams, TB Cain, P Chung and J Wilhite. Hopefully T Nunn and K O will receive more opportunities in the next game.
    What say you about the play of L Maroney? I wolud classify his effort as disappointing, whereas BJG Ellis was enlightening as was S Morris, taking into consideration that they where playing aganist reserves etc. BJGE should move up the chart swaping positions with Maroney. What are the Pats to do with all the WR's that can play? Some tough choices coming up.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FourthRing. Show FourthRing's posts

Wha?  Were you watching the same game?  He looked lost and confused.  I'm not a huge KO fan, I preferred Gutierrez, but I noticed a marked improvement in the flow of the offense in comparison to Walter.  When I was watching Walter all I could think of was TB's knee.  Maybe he's just unfamiliar with the offense, but I saw nothing positive.

I agree that BJG should be shooting up the depth and Lew Moo dropping.  Lew Moo continues to hesitate at the line of scrimmage, while BJG has equal if not better vision than any of the RBs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

I wasn't impressed with Walter, but I think we definitely need more time to make a decision on him. He just arrived a week ago and hasn't had time to fully digest the offense. I may not be the best judge of QB talent; I was one of the fans that said Cassell should be cut last preseason. 

And to think if they did that they wouldn't have Chung right now, who they took with the 34th selection from the trade of Cassell to the Chiefs. Chung certainly looks like a force early on. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FourthRing. Show FourthRing's posts

Agreed, he deserves more time.  I actually thought Walter was going to be good in Oakland when he first came into a starting role.  I picked him up for my fantasy team that year.  He has the tools and the pocket presence, but he looked completely lost last night. 

My one concern is that Sam Bam took a beating last night because of Walters mistakes, poor hand offs, boobled snaps, etc.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Walter didnt look great but thats cause he has only been on the team for two weeks. This was a test to see how he was picking up the playbook. But his field vision seemed good, his footwork seemed good, and he has a great arm. I think with a year in teh system under his belt he will be a fine back up QB. By next season we will have 2 very good back up Qbs on this team. Jyust give teh guy some time and he will learn the playbook and he will look a lot better.