Wanna keep Wes Welker, READ THIS!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: Wanna keep Wes Welker, READ THIS!

Rally---I wish I didn't have a job so I could respond to your idiotic threads and posts........

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Look Wes is likely to have 2 more very good years, and another year as a solid depth WR but beyond that you are asking a lot of an undersized high mileage WR with a rebuilt knee that takes a ton of hard hits durring every game. Still comes down to wisely spent money. If he will take a 3 year deal for 22 million 16 or so guaranteed I'd take him but not for one more year or one more dollar then that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: Wanna keep Wes Welker, READ THIS!:
    [QUOTE]Look Wes is likely to have 2 more very good years, and another year as a solid depth WR but beyond that you are asking a lot of an undersized high mileage WR with a rebuilt knee that takes a ton of hard hits durring every game. Still comes down to wisely spent money. If he will take a 3 year deal for 22 million 16 or so guaranteed I'd take him but not for one more year or one more dollar then that.
    Posted by DaBlade[/QUOTE]

7 mil would be a good price and 2 yr guranteed.
    but hes already refused 2 yr and 16 guaranteed

and he has not even signed the 9.4 tag yet

hes clearly looking for 10+ for 3 or 4 yrs with at least 20 guaranted it seems

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mar10. Show mar10's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Wanna keep Wes Welker, READ THIS!": Wow you're a moron. First , dude , what about Welker is average? Show me some evidence to support you're claim that he'll slow down. The guy is coming off his best season ever. Second you're claim that he'll only thrive with 12 and 18 is just you're opinion. A dumb one at that. There are many teams he'd excel in. Third the years in a NFL contract means absolutely nothing. It's all about the guaranteed money. The pats would never guarantee more then 25-28 million. Essentially making it a three year deal. Maybe even two if its around 20-21 million. Welker has at least two more 100+ catch , 1200 yard season left , easy. Again you have no evidence to support you're argument. None. Keep posting moron , you're doing some solid work here!
    Posted by 1guy1sharp[/QUOTE]

Thank you... About time someone who understands how NFL contracts work posted!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mar10. Show mar10's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Wanna keep Wes Welker, READ THIS!": Wow you're a moron. First , dude , what about Welker is average? Show me some evidence to support you're claim that he'll slow down. The guy is coming off his best season ever. Second you're claim that he'll only thrive with 12 and 18 is just you're opinion. A dumb one at that. There are many teams he'd excel in. Third the years in a NFL contract means absolutely nothing. It's all about the guaranteed money. The pats would never guarantee more then 25-28 million. Essentially making it a three year deal. Maybe even two if its around 20-21 million. Welker has at least two more 100+ catch , 1200 yard season left , easy. Again you have no evidence to support you're argument. None. Keep posting moron , you're doing some solid work here!
    Posted by 1guy1sharp[/QUOTE]

Thank you... About time someone who understands how NFL contracts work posted!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Another dumb thread from a faithless fan.

WW is one on the most durable WRs there is. he has come back from a injury and still can make the same cuts across the slot he always has. he has a few good years left. If Troy Brown can play 15 seasons so can WW.

Kfrat needs to get him signed to at least a 3 year deal.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to "Re: Wanna keep Wes Welker, READ THIS!": [QUOTE]Another dumb thread from a faithless fan. WW is one on the most durable WRs there is. he has come back from a injury and still can make the same cuts across the slot he always has. he has a few good years left. If Troy Brown can play 15 seasons so can WW. Kfrat needs to get him signed to at least a 3 year deal. Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE] 
    When the Pats dump him, you'll either never be heard from again or will spend time wasting space here rationalizing why its "best" for the team. You aren't as smart as this "moron." Now, go beat your dog some more.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

[QUOTE]Rally---I wish I didn't have a job so I could respond to your idiotic threads and posts........
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

First of all, swifty, you just did. Secondly, if you knew who I was and what it is i do for a living, you'd realize that you need to get a better job. Just call me lucky, or smart as hell, or maybe just smarter than you.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wanna keep Wes Welker, READ THIS! : First of all, swifty, you just did. Secondly, if you knew who I was and what it is i do for a living, you'd realize that you need to get a better job. Just call me lucky, or smart as hell, or maybe just you smarter than you.
    Posted by RallyC[/QUOTE]

You're p*ssing into the wind here.

Nothing negative can be said of certain Patriot players on this forum without backlash.

Obviously this is supposed to be a discussion forum and too often it turns into a name calling event.

I thought your points about WW are valid.  Will it play out that way?  Who knows.

Not so sure if the pass he dropped  in the SB plays into the Pats decision making process though.  I think it was a pass that should of been caught but a pretty poor pass thrown by Brady. Oh wait, I take that back.  Tom Brady Never throws a bad pass.  Sorry.

If it does work out the way you described, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised. 

Ofcourse, I'd like to see Welker back as a Pat.  But if he's not, I'll still be watching and rooting for the Patriots no matter who the players are or coach.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wanna keep Wes Welker, READ THIS! : You're p*ssing into the wind here. Nothing negative can be said of certain Patriot players on this forum without backlash. Obviously this is supposed to be a discussion forum and too often it turns into a name calling event. I thought your points about WW are valid.  Will it play out that way?  Who knows. Not so sure if the pass he dropped  in the SB plays into the Pats decision making process though.  I think it was a pass that should of been caught but a pretty poor pass thrown by Brady. Oh wait, I take that back.  Tom Brady Never throws a bad pass.  Sorry. If it does work out the way you described, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised.  Ofcourse, I'd like to see Welker back as a Pat.  But if he's not, I'll still be watching and rooting for the Patriots no matter who the players are or coach.
    Posted by Salcon[/QUOTE]

Salcon, I feel exactly like you do except for one point here. The pass he dropped in the SB is a very tough catch to make, no doubt. But, it was catchable. ANY ball that is catchable in that type of criticality, gets caught by those who become immortalized. I.E. Lynn Swann against the Cowboys, Santonio Holmes as a Steeler, Dwight Clark as a 9'er, this was WW's David Tyree MOMENT! It wasn't even as hard as DT's catch. As such, BB and Co. must now evaluate the whole body of work, with that as the most recent, most critical, most memorable and LAST play of the season for Wes. If he SHUTS UP, and plays the good soldier role, then he comes back and may get a two year deal for it. If he keeps saying, "I don't know" when asked if he's gonna participate in OTA's, then these facts are going to be his demise. I LIKE WES WELKER. But in order to have another chance at proving he is capable of capitalizing on the moment, he had better shut it up and start being the WW who knows whats best for all because I KNOW in my heart that the PATS will be back in the Superbowl this season. Otherwise, you are spot on in this post. Respectfully, RallyC

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wanna keep Wes Welker, READ THIS! : First of all, swifty, you just did. Secondly, if you knew who I was and what it is i do for a living, you'd realize that you need to get a better job. Just call me lucky, or smart as hell, or maybe just smarter than you.
    Posted by RallyC[/QUOTE]

Can I have your autograph!?????

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wanna keep Wes Welker, READ THIS! : Can I have your autograph!?????
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

No, but your not the first to ask, and wouldn't be the first to get it!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

In response to "Re: Wanna keep Wes Welker, READ THIS!": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wanna keep Wes Welker, READ THIS! : No, but your not the first to ask, and wouldn't be the first to get it! Posted by RallyC[/QUOTE] It's OK to love your job. But not all of us want to a janitor.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Wanna keep Wes Welker, READ THIS!": It's OK to love your job. But not all of us want to a janitor.....
    Posted by boomerst3[/QUOTE]

Wow. Now YOU are a genius!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrocktonMike. Show BrocktonMike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wanna keep Wes Welker, READ THIS! : Ya know, you're right! Wes is a dude who has underwhleming speed and quickness that have both been negatively affected by a reconstructed, blown out knee. Those other guys didn't have that problem. Granted, He is also a guy who gets paid MILLIONS of dollars for his GREAT HANDS, but who missed the opportunity that most cluch athletes wish they could have when he let that ball slip away off of BOTH of his hands in the Superbowl. The dream of a life time for true legends. NO WES DIDN"T LOSE THE NFL CHAMPIONSHIP for the PATS! He just didn't do what great athletes do when its time to make THE CATCH!!! If he catches it, PATS likely win #4. No excuses! He just isn't good enough to make THAT catch! The one the PATS REALLY NEEDED. BYE-BYE WES!
    Posted by RallyC[/QUOTE]

Really?  Welker cost us the game? 

It wasn't Tom's underthrown pass to an injuried, ineffective Gronk that ended with an interception?  It wasn't the defenses fault they couldn't stop the pass on the last drive of the Giants?

You're blaming Wes for losing is like blaming the guy that misses the last pitch in a baseball game.  The team should never have had to be in the position of needing that catch.  We should have put them away sooner or stopped the last drive of the Giants.

This wasn't a Sports movie, like Rudy. 

Get real.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wanna keep Wes Welker, READ THIS! : No, but your not the first to ask, and wouldn't be the first to get it!
    Posted by RallyC[/QUOTE]

Uh, who might you be when you are at home boy ?

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to "Re: Wanna keep Wes Welker, READ THIS!": [QUOTE]In response to "Re: Wanna keep Wes Welker, READ THIS!": RANDY was a freak! A world class athlete who could run with world class sprinters, jump with NBA dunk champions, and is a target with a flat footed reach of over 10ft. Not to mention that he's a vertical threat the likes of which comes along once a decade. What you need to forget is that you drew a comparison between these two. Fred Belitnikof maybe. The only area Wes has advantage is heart. Please dont make me school you on the truth about the delta between the races and atletic prowess. I am half anglo, so trust me, i can got there! Now go look at your stat book and see how many catches your boy Wes had for 20+. Got a clue yet? Posted by RallyC[/QUOTE] Welker had more 20+ yard catches last year (21) then Moss had in 2007 (18).