Want a good laugh?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Want a good laugh?

Some fans have gone to great lengths to break down for us the brilliant rebuilding job super genius has done on our D. Sensational finds with high draft picks like Brace, Butler, Chung, Cunningham, Spikes, Wheatley, Crable and Meriweather have been painstakingly assembled by the mastermind and those in the know have told us this shiny new trap was about to be sprung upon an unsuspecting NFL this very season.

Now here's the funny part.

Instead of this master rebuilding plan finally reaching fruition, Hoodie goes out and finds a bevy of veteran defenders long in the tooth from all over the league, changes the basic premise of the D, and in doing so completely blows the hell out of that nonsense about rebuilding. He didn't rebuild. The people he drafted sucked and you can't rebuild with inferior parts. So now he's trying to throw something together at the last minute that might actually work.

Are you laughing yet? You should be, because you just can't make stuff like this up.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Want a good laugh?

In Response to Re: Want a good laugh?:
    [QUOTE] Well Bill cant draft in round 2-3 ,as soon as he picks I keep thinking the Pats should give the player a coupon for truck driving school and send him home.
    Posted by Mybologna[/QUOTE]

Now. That. Is. FUNNY.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In Response to Want a good laugh?:
    [QUOTE]Some fans have gone to great lengths to break down for us the brilliant rebuilding job super genius has done on our D. Sensational finds with high draft picks like Brace, Butler, Chung, Cunningham, Spikes, Wheatley, Crable and Meriweather have been painstakingly assembled by the mastermind and those in the know have told us this shiny new trap was about to be sprung upon an unsuspecting NFL this very season. Now here's the funny part. Instead of this master rebuilding plan finally reaching fruition, Hoodie goes out and finds a bevy of veteran defenders long in the tooth from all over the league, changes the basic premise of the D, and in doing so completely blows the hell out of that nonsense about rebuilding. He didn't rebuild. The people he drafted sucked and you can't rebuild with inferior parts. So now he's trying to throw something together at the last minute that might actually work. Are you laughing yet? You should be, because you just can't make stuff like this up.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]
    Unless they brought in Haynesworth to play CB for Wheatley, Ellis to replace Crable at LB'er, and Carter to be Meriweather's replacement at safety your premise makes little sense.  Those guys were replaced with young players from the draft and free agency.  Spikes, Chung, Butler, Brace, and Cunningham are on the roster- 3 of them start.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Want a good laugh? : Unless they brought in Haynesworth to play CB for Wheatley, Ellis to replace Crable at LB'er, and Carter to be Meriweather's replacement at safety your premise makes little sense.  Those guys were replaced with young players from the draft and free agency.  Spikes, Chung, Butler, Brace, and Cunningham are on the roster- 3 of them start.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

I was just listing some of the exceptional pieces of the rebuilding puzzle that have been brought to bear in recent history.

Do you really think "starting" for one of the worst 3rd down pass defenses in NFL history is a feather in their cap? I mean the 0-16 Loins had "starters" right?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from USMCM1A1. Show USMCM1A1's posts

No, I'm not laughing at your post--it's more in the "stupid/cranky" vein than  "clever/funny."

I mean, seriously, working the draft, trades, free agency, and waiver wires constantly to improve your team, to the point where your roster cuts are the rest of the league's treasure chest--that makes me you a dumb coach?  Certainly someone's pretty f-ing dumb here...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

BabeParilli your obviously very young! You are so spoiled by the successes and expectations that BB has brought to New England. Is his draft record great? No but whose is? All I can say is if you dont like it, stop whining like a little girl and jump on another bandwagon! To bad you didnt live thru the 60's 70's and 80's with some of us oldtimers. THen you could really whine!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Want a good laugh? : I was just listing some of the exceptional pieces of the rebuilding puzzle that have been brought to bear in recent history. Do you really think "starting" for one of the worst 3rd down pass defenses in NFL history is a feather in their cap? I mean the 0-16 Loins had "starters" right?
    Yeah, the 0-16 Lions had starters, so did the 14-2 Patriots.  The Pats were 8th in defense last year.  Third down defense was terrible but obviously they were not devoid of talent or they wouldn't have been better than 24 teams in defense.  If your point is that Crable, Wheatley, and Meri were bad picks I agree.  If your point is that they were replaced by aging veterans I disagree. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

[QUOTE]Some fans have gone to great lengths to break down for us the brilliant rebuilding job super genius has done on our D. Sensational finds with high draft picks like Brace, Butler, Chung, Cunningham, Spikes, Wheatley, Crable and Meriweather have been painstakingly assembled by the mastermind and those in the know have told us this shiny new trap was about to be sprung upon an unsuspecting NFL this very season. Now here's the funny part. Instead of this master rebuilding plan finally reaching fruition, Hoodie goes out and finds a bevy of veteran defenders long in the tooth from all over the league, changes the basic premise of the D, and in doing so completely blows the hell out of that nonsense about rebuilding. He didn't rebuild. The people he drafted sucked and you can't rebuild with inferior parts. So now he's trying to throw something together at the last minute that might actually work. Are you laughing yet? You should be, because you just can't make stuff like this up.
       You just made it up. Why cant everyone else?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

Now I remember why I put you on ignore. Now, back on you go.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]No, I'm not laughing at your post--it's more in the "stupid/cranky" vein than  "clever/funny." I mean, seriously, working the draft, trades, free agency, and waiver wires constantly to improve your team, to the point where your roster cuts are the rest of the league's treasure chest --that makes me you a dumb coach?  Certainly someone's pretty f-ing dumb here...
    Posted by USMCM1A1[/QUOTE]

Try reading that again and show me the part  where I said the coach was dumb. I missed it.

And while you're at it, please list for me the "treasures" other teams have gotten from our cuts. That really doesn't make a lot of sense since - WE CAN'T EVEN PUT A MAJOR LEAGUE D ON THE FIELD.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]  Now I remember why I put you on ignore. Now, back on you go.
    Posted by jerh5[/QUOTE]

Please do. I insist. One less kool-aide guzzling dope to contend with.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Want a good laugh? :    You just made it up. Why cant everyone else?
    Posted by jerh5[/QUOTE]

I'm sure what you're saying here makes sense, to you.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

hey patsfan76    9 of the pats cuts were picked up or signed by other teams

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Want a good laugh? : Yeah, the 0-16 Lions had starters, so did the 14-2 Patriots.  The Pats were 8th in defense last year.  Third down defense was terrible but obviously they were not devoid of talent or they wouldn't have been better than 24 teams in defense.  If your point is that Crable, Wheatley, and Meri were bad picks I agree.  If your point is that they were replaced by aging veterans I disagree. 
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

I am mystified why you didn't catch my point. Stated simply: fans said BB was about to unveil his spectacular D rebuilding plan. And then he scrounges around the league to pick up misfits and over the hill stopgaps. So the fabulous rebuilding plan can't have been going as well as our resident experts were reporting, right?

You REALLY think that D was the 8th best?  Really, they were about 2 points per away from being 18th for scoring. But when your team scores more than anybody else it takes some of the fight out of the other guy. They were 25th in giving up yards, and 30th in giving up passing yards. They had some picks and that helped make the scoring number seem better than the yards number. But they couldn't get one of those in the playoffs.

That D stank. It stank so bad a nuclear powered clothespin couldn't keep the noxious fumes from assailing your olfactory nerve.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]hey patsfan76    9 of the pats cuts were picked up or signed by other teams
    Posted by jcour382[/QUOTE]

I won't speak for the person you are addressing, but getting "picked up" and being a "treasure" are very different things.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

you were right though this post was a good laugh

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]. Instead of this master rebuilding plan finally reaching fruition, Hoodie goes out and finds a bevy of veteran defenders long in the tooth from all over the league, changes the basic premise of the D, and in doing so completely blows the hell out of that nonsense about rebuilding. He didn't rebuild. The people he drafted sucked and you can't rebuild with inferior parts. So now he's trying to throw something together at the last minute that might actually work. Are you laughing yet? You should be, because you just can't make stuff like this up.

The Empire Strikes Back

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]you were right though this post was a good laugh
    Posted by jcour382[/QUOTE]

See.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dyslexic. Show dyslexic's posts

What most GMs see as a well thought out change in his defensive scheme you see as a joke? BB took the time to evaluate where his team was at and made the adjustments he needed to with the talent he had and complimented it with players he feels puts his team in a better postition to get the D off the field sooner. He's not stupid and knows the numbers you mentioned. This is exactly what the other teams in the division and the NFL didn't want to see. He did a pretty good job of positioning the over all stategy of staying under the cap by getting younger the past few years which allowed him to make the changes this team needed. Whether it was totally by design of by need it doesn't matter. He's willing to make the adjustments to postion the team for winning. Only time will tell who is the joke...:-)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moskk. Show moskk's posts

In basketball it's called "chemistry" and in football it's maximizing the capabilities of your players by utilizing a system that facilitates success and  enhances player performance.  In this regard both sports are similar.  It's no secret that the draft involves projecting player performance in a given system.  When the skill set doesn't match the system we have a problem.  Does a coach, knowing that he has skilled players and a good system try to cover up player system deficiencies by changing his system or does he recognize that square parts don't fit in a round hole? How restrictive are the player deficiencies? Can we change the parts and get a better fit?

BB, with a modem of success with the former but several quick exits from the play-offs with the latter, suddenly recognizes that a unique opportunity exists that could facilitate a change in parts to substantially enhance his system. It means substituting "old" parts for newer parts but there is an urgency because Brady is entering the "twilight" of his football career.  The temptation is too great to resist and the ultimate prize too elusive not to gamble.

Does this shift in BB philosophy mean that he is clueless or is it another BOLD move by an acknowledged football genius? The draft is a crap-shoot for all teams. The chances for success seem best at the top of the draft, a place rarely visited by the Patriots. Yet even high draft picks have failed to produce and it's always hard to admit failure in draft selections.

It would appear that the current player moves by the Patriots have substantially improved our chances for another Super Bowl victory.  I prefer to look forward and not dwell on past mistakes but rather recognize that change was needed and BB has ...perhaps... orchestrated another serious championship run!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Maybe BB watched that episode of Sienfeld, where George started doing the opposite of what his instincts told him to do and his life became good.

No one can fault BB for trying to rebuild through the draft. Every draft class will not be full of diamonds. NO matter how much fill you watch and analysis you put in, there will be duds that make it through the cracks, unfortunatley BB has had more than his share lately.

So after this realization, BB did the next best thing by finding seasoned vets who can come and be immediate impacts. I didn't think Ocho would have such a hard learning curve though.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

[QUOTE]Are you laughing yet? You should be, because you just can't make stuff like this up.

This line needs to be retired on this forum. Its played, Jerry, so played!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

I find it hard to believe that a guy with a Babe Parilli avatar and the user name BabeParilli would be this bitter about the moves Belichick makes.  If you were a Pats fan back when Babe Parilli played and continued to support them throughout the years, you would not complain this much about the moves Belichick makes.  You do sound like a spoiled "recently became a Pats fan" posting.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Want a good laugh? : In basketball it's called "chemistry" and in football it's maximizing the capabilities of your players by utilizing a system that facilitates success and  enhances player performance.  In this regard both sports are similar.  It's no secret that the draft involves projecting player performance in a given system.  When the skill set doesn't match the system we have a problem.  Does a coach, knowing that he has skilled players and a good system try to cover up player system deficiencies by changing his system or does he recognize that square parts don't fit in a round hole? How restrictive are the player deficiencies? Can we change the parts and get a better fit? BB, with a modem of success with the former but several quick exits from the play-offs with the latter, suddenly recognizes that a unique opportunity exists that could facilitate a change in parts to substantially enhance his system. It means substituting "old" parts for newer parts but there is an urgency because Brady is entering the "twilight" of his football career.  The temptation is too great to resist and the ultimate prize too elusive not to gamble. Does this shift in BB philosophy mean that he is clueless or is it another BOLD move by an acknowledged football genius? The draft is a crap-shoot for all teams. The chances for success seem best at the top of the draft, a place rarely visited by the Patriots. Yet even high draft picks have failed to produce and it's always hard to admit failure in draft selections.   It would appear that the current player moves by the Patriots have substantially improved our chances for another Super Bowl victory.  I prefer to look forward and not dwell on past mistakes but rather recognize that change was needed and BB has ...perhaps... orchestrated another serious championship run!
    Posted by moskk[/QUOTE]

Yeah.

Maybe Hoodie fears for his job. Kraft might not be quite the kool-aide guzzler the average fan is. His contract is up pretty soon. I doubt Kraft is thrilled with the last 3 years as he watches his $19 mil HOF QB get older.

I was shocked Kraft threw Hoodie under the bus after the jets playoff loss.