Want a good laugh?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

Re: Want a good laugh?

In Response to Re: Want a good laugh?:
    In Response to Re: Want a good laugh? : See.
    Posted by BabeParilli

i generally dont do this but
    obviously i was referring to the joke that is you...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

In Response to Re: Want a good laugh? : You bring up some interesting points about the draft picks.  And many people here have posted that not every team hits on all draft picks.  Which is true.  But the track record since Belichick took over as HC speaks for itself.  And the list of great draft picks is pretty solid for Belichick.  Jerod Mayo, Devin McCourty, Rob Gronkowski, Aaron Hernandez, Richard Seymour, Logan Mankins, and even some guy from Michigan named Tom Brady.  Not sure where I was going with this but even though I don't agree with every move Belichick makes, I can't be mad at the success he has brought to the team and the fact that the Pats contend year in and year out based on how he molds this roster.  It's not all Tom Brady.  He's a big part of our success but it starts at the top with ownership and Mr. Kraft allows Bill Belichick to run this team how he sees fit.  What do we have to show for it?  4 Super Bowl appearances, 3 Super Bowl titles, 8 Division titles, and yearly contention.  What could any Patriots fan possibly have to complain about with one of the greatest coaches in NFL history?  Who would they want in Belichick's place?  Please tell me.  I'd love to know.
    Posted by DoNotSleepOnThePats

So you don't want Bill Cowher? :)

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

In Response to Re: Want a good laugh? : I'm sure he's just waiting on you and TP to get your resumee's in.
    Posted by shenanigan

Remember the good ole days, when we were out of the playoffs by week 8.  Ohhhh the memories.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

In Response to Re: Want a good laugh? : So you don't want Bill Cowher? :)
    Posted by apdynasty23

LOL.  Nothing against Cowher.  But BB is the man!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81patsfan. Show 81patsfan's posts

In Response to Re: Want a good laugh? : I am mystified why you didn't catch my point. Stated simply: fans said BB was about to unveil his spectacular D rebuilding plan. And then he scrounges around the league to pick up misfits and over the hill stopgaps. So the fabulous rebuilding plan can't have been going as well as our resident experts were reporting, right? You REALLY think that D was the 8th best?  Really, they were about 2 points per away from being 18th for scoring. But when your team scores more than anybody else it takes some of the fight out of the other guy. They were 25th in giving up yards, and 30th in giving up passing yards. They had some picks and that helped make the scoring number seem better than the yards number. But they couldn't get one of those in the playoffs. That D stank. It stank so bad a nuclear powered clothespin couldn't keep the noxious fumes from assailing your olfactory nerve.
    Posted by BabeParilli

Seriously dude, who gives a flying F what the D was ranked as long as we're winning games rite? people get so caught up in stats, and who is ranked what ,that they forget that at the end of the game if u dont have more points than the next team who gives a F how great ur D was, and who said rebuilding was only limited to young players? Bill can build his team how he sees fit, with whomever he wants to cut or add, like he says "he does whats best for his team" not to appease some of u fair weather fans/haters.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dyslexic. Show dyslexic's posts

In Response to Re: Want a good laugh? :   Remember the good ole days, when we were out of the playoffs by week 8.  Ohhhh the memories.
    Posted by jerh5

I've been a big fan since the mid 70's. I painfully remember the 1990 1-15 year with Rod Rust coaching and 1992 2-14 year with Dick MacPherson coaching. Most times the games weren't on TV because they weren't sold out, most times that was a blessing. Then Parcells became the coach and Kraft became the owner. But it wasn't until BB became the coach until we had good Super Bowl memories. I hope he once again has the last laugh!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Babe, I think this is a case of rality being somewhere between extreme opinions. The D had a horrible pass rush last year, had quite a number of young players getting a good amount of playing time and had some other missing pieces (for example an OLB who could set the edge, drop back and pass rush.... i.e. a full time OLB). SO yes they were not an especially good D. THere were many worse but they were not good. If you look at the current 53 man roster they have a lot of the players BB has gotten the past three years (2008-2011). Many from the draft, some from FA, etc. While a lot has been made of the last couple of drafts (and they do look good at this point in time) no one ever claimed BB or anyone else has to build a team from the draft alone. Look at all the players he has gotten in trade and FA over the years. Players that were either stars, starters or key role players. I expect you can name many of them as well as I can. From what I see this D looks better than last year and not just because of any one acquisition this year. We are talking about this before a single game has been played but what the heck. It looks like they improved their pass rush. One element of that is in changing schemes and using Mayo on the outside. He is a young, drafted player. It looks to me like they will have better pass coverage from the CB spot. One reason is the return of Bodden (not a draft pick). ANother is that I expect some growth from a second year McCourty (that doesnt mean more picks, just sounder play). The growth of another young player - Arrington (not that I am saying he is special, but that he is very young and looks like an OK player to me). I do not know what Dowling will be like. Nothing to judge on. Clearly the addition of Haynesworth, Ellis and Carter all help as well. And they fit your remarks. But again, no reason to exclude FA or trades from improvement. Now I will add that outside my opening sentence I have not addressed your central remark which had to do with fans high expectations. I think the fans in general and certainly here were disappointed about not getting a pass rusher in the draft. Shocked is maybe a better word. So I think you overstate this aspect just a little. Regardless, the D should be better this year than last. The O should have a better running game. The young players should be a little more steady. The D schemes a little more aggressive. Last year, with a bear of a schedule, they were 14-2. With a better team it is hard to expect them to do worse than 12-4 and few would be surprised to see them do better. That record will win the division. They will be tested in the playoffs. THen we will see how far they have really progressed.
    Posted by portfolio1

I cannot disagree with what you are saying. And at least you did grasp what my point clearly was.  And the point was that many kool-aide drinking fans were touting the rebuilding plan of the genius and he himself discredited that notion by importing a significant number of guys out of the blue in one fell swoop. And the reason they were touting it is because of the kool-aide drinking.

What I was not doing was criticizing BB the GM. Rather, I applaud him making  a grasp to fix the D and by doing so admitting  the rebuilding effort of the last few years was not going very well.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Well, if not winning the SB is a "fail" as you call it, then 31 teams are failures every year! And you should know having the "best" player in the league does not guarantee a championship! There have been many great players who never got a ring! Again, you do not answer the proverbial question. What is your suggestion? Who do you think could build a more solid team with the picks NE has had? What players would you have chosen that were available? Who do you think could come to Foxboro and be a better GM and coach? I'm as disappointed as anyone with the recent postseason failures, but I can't think of someone better I'd rather see at the helm. In any case, I'll wait to see how this team does this season before jumping to conclusions.
    Posted by bubthegrub2

I consider anything other than winning the SB a fail. I suspect the genius would agree with me on that. There are of course degrees of failure.

I have never said we need a new coach. We have a great coach.

As to who I would choose; put all the GMs names in a hat and pick one and you would have the same chance of getting a better one as you would have at getting  a worse one; because Hoodie is an average GM.

But I will say specifically, whomever made the decision to draft Aaron Rogers or Clay Matthews.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Want a good laugh? : Hoodie did decent without Brady in 2008.  Not trying to discredit Brady (His high school picture is my avatar) but Hoodie is a pretty smart dude.  You can't disagree with that.

Get back to me with a list of the teams with a winning record we beat in '08. That will be extremely short. You know, the year the Fish won the division after going 1-15 the year before and then reverted back to a losing record the year after. The year the whole AFC East playes the easiest schedule in memory.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Want a good laugh? : Babe, reading this post is in itself rather amusing. You have placed a bar up there for the Pats in that they should do NO wrong! You somehow expect every decision BB and the Pats brass make are correct, every player drafted works out as does every free agent signing. If you would like to trade places with other franchises with less success so you can have less angst, go for it. You are definitely spoiled by the successes the Pats have been enjoying, much more so that most fans in this league can enjoy, and as a result, you cry like a banshee when they do not win the SB because you expect them to win it year in and year out.
    Posted by agcsbill

No. What I mostly expect is that when the Pat's brass does wrong the fans just say no to the kool-aide and call it wrong rather than try to justify it with spin.

I have said BB is a terrific coach. He is an average GM. He was an idiot for spygate.

It's just when fans say that he is an infallible GM, and spygate wasn't his fault, which generates my disagreement about him. If somebody was posting that he sucked as a GM I would argue that he doesn't suck at that. People have posted that he was a cheater with spygate and I have refuted that rather forcefully.

I don't cry about anything. I expect better results than 0 for the last 6 and 2 one and outs plus a no show in the last 3 when you have the best player in the game and supposedly the infallible genius GM making the moves. The results and the notion Hoodie is a genius GM are just not compatible.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Want a good laugh? : lol!! Babe exposed. He tries to pull a Phat Rex and loses. Note how people are plucking BB cuts and no one took a Tannenboob cut, for example. I think Babe will commit suicide if NE wins another SB here.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

Give me the list wonderboy of the home runs people have hit picking up BB's cuts.

You will have no list because BB actually is excellent at knowing who to get rid of.

Actually, this thread completely exposes you, the poster boy for BB's magnificent rebuilding plan. It's hilarious that the hooded god you worship has himself exposed you as being without a clue.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Want a good laugh? : I think Felger is "StartRightNow". They are such little drama queens and get so worked up, it's pathetic. I can only imagine what a Lions or Browns fan's face would look like watching them comment on this stuff. Absolutely clueless with no perspective.

You are the king of the drama queens wonderboy. You can barely make a post that isn't some personal attack on somebody simply because they don't agree with your kool-aide guzzling opinion.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Want a good laugh? : Why is the NFL Network doing a special on Belichick on 9.15 about a "failed coach" then? How does a failed coach have such a resume like that?

Because he got real lucky with a 6th round draft pick in 2000. He's only a failed coach without Brady.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Want a good laugh? : He's not a Pats fan; he's a miserable, little troll. If you were watching the final pre-season game, you would have heard that during the Bob Kraft era, the Patriots have been the winningest team, not just in the NFL, mind you, but in ALL OF MAJOR PROFESSIONAL SPORTS in the USA. Any idiot knows that most of Kraft's success came with Belichick as the DC or HC, with the crown jewels coming with him as HC. If Parilli the troll reminisces about the days of Dick MacPherson or Rod Rust or Ron Meyer or Ron Erhardt as skipper...God love him. I'd rather have the mofo with the 3 Lombardis (and 2 more as Giants DC) as my guy. I'm so sick of idiots who want to pick apart drafts as a sign of importance. The Head Coach/GM's job is to put the best 53 on the field NO MATTER WHERE they come from; draft, UDFAs, trade, free agency, et cetera. If the Pats are consistently in contention to win Super Bowls, I don't give a rat's azzz whether there is a single draft pick on the team; nor whether there are any good free agents. Belichick says all the time, "Every year is a different year." He's not coaching for a legacy of great draft picks; he's coaching to win football games. Perspective, please; if a draft pick doesn't make the team, perhaps it's not so much a sign of bad drafting as it is a sign of good acquisition of players from elsewhere . The job is to win. Belichick does it.
    Posted by NY-PATS-FAN4

Most of Kraft's success came with Brady at QB.  As a matter of fact the great genius has a 15 - 18 record as Pat's coach without Brady. He is 1 for 7 in playoff appearances without Brady and 9 of 10 with him. Don't let facts bother you though.

Now take those two brain cells of yours that are numbed from Hoodie kool-aide and get a clue.

I've been more of a Pat's fan than you have ever been, are, or ever will be. You aren't a Pat's fan. You're a Hoodie groupie.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Not only is Babe a troll, you can add "StartRightNow" to the list. 

Sorry wonderboy. Hoodie kool-aide guzzling zombies don't get to call real Pat's fans trolls.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Want a good laugh? : I'm sure he's just waiting on you and TP to get your resumee's in.
    Posted by shenanigan

Oh now you're just being silly, silly.

That's the same as telling somebody if they think a player isn't very good that they should replace him on the field. Childish. Grow up.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Want a good laugh? : What he said.
    Posted by shenanigan

Too bad what he said is delusion and not based in fact whatsoever.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Want a good laugh? : You bring up some interesting points about the draft picks.  And many people here have posted that not every team hits on all draft picks.  Which is true.  But the track record since Belichick took over as HC speaks for itself.  And the list of great draft picks is pretty solid for Belichick.  Jerod Mayo, Devin McCourty, Rob Gronkowski, Aaron Hernandez, Richard Seymour, Logan Mankins, and even some guy from Michigan named Tom Brady.  Not sure where I was going with this but even though I don't agree with every move Belichick makes, I can't be mad at the success he has brought to the team and the fact that the Pats contend year in and year out based on how he molds this roster.  It's not all Tom Brady.  He's a big part of our success but it starts at the top with ownership and Mr. Kraft allows Bill Belichick to run this team how he sees fit.  What do we have to show for it?  4 Super Bowl appearances, 3 Super Bowl titles, 8 Division titles, and yearly contention.  What could any Patriots fan possibly have to complain about with one of the greatest coaches in NFL history?  Who would they want in Belichick's place?  Please tell me.  I'd love to know.

It is all about Brady. You will see the failed coach from Cleveland emerge when Brady goes.

Check out Hoodie's record without Brady and get back to me.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Want a good laugh? : "Throw something together at the 'last minute'" and he "may be right"? How about, he's an idiot as a troll with his anti BB agenda? I still think he's a Jets fan posing as a Pats fan, too. Even the most incensed spoiled, whiny pink hat fan isn't going to go as far to say BB is knee jerking moves here at the last minute.  What he just did was one of the most incredible on the fly rebuilds in NFL history. Can you name a draft better than 2010 in the last decade by ANY team? I don't think we've seen a more intelligent and methodical tweaking of a roster heading into that lockout, and subsequently the exhibition he just put on, adding large and small key pieces to make runs at SBs in the upcoming years. You're dumb if you believe anything Babe says/spins. Babe's assessment is actually perfect for the Jets, not the Pats.

What the hell are you talking about wonderboy? You are STILL applauding the "rebuilding plan on the fly" when your god Hoodie just signed THREE DLs and cut his starting safety. If the rebuilding plan was so terrific why would he need to sign 3 FAs for D this year? These are the moves of a man desperate to fix a bad D, not those of a guy who just completed a brilliant rebuilding plan. Do you actually feed spin to yourself too?

Get a grip wonderboy. You're starting to sound like a nutcase on this. You are acyually trying to spin this that BB has not made wholesale changes to a D you said was all fixed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Want a good laugh? :   Remember the good ole days, when we were out of the playoffs by week 8.  Ohhhh the memories.
    Posted by jerh5

Yeah, I remember the days before Brady. They were tough sledding a lot of times.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Want a good laugh? :      Unfortunately Babe, you may be right.
    Posted by TexasPat3

I have applauded what BB has done lately TP. He knows what he had wasn't going to get it done and made reasonable moves to try to fix it. I'm hopeful the changes will do just that. It's for damned sure that what he had wasn't going to work.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vacilando. Show Vacilando's posts

Seems clear that Mrs. Parilli is a troll unable to contribute to a meaningful conversation, much less starting one.  Since of course this header to this dribble was "Want a good laugh?"

The best thing we can all do is ignore this person that clearly has enough time and wasted air to respond back only with provocation...  Again nothing short of spouting the same old "kool-aid" and zombie tags.

Grow up Mrs. Parilli, contribute to the conversation or like many before you just fade off...  

If you left now no one will remember you simply because you haven't written anything of substance.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Want a good laugh? : Took the words right out of my mouth.  Nice post.
    Posted by soups

It could have been a better post. Like if he commented on what I actually said rather than just spewed idiocy. That would have been even better.

Sections
Shortcuts